shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2023 :  06:15:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Wanda and Debbie! I'm doing green, red, and black as the primary colors in my craft space. Found that green floral print at Joann's. Have some fabric leftover so need to think of another creative project with it!
Go to Top of Page

criley
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Connie
Eldon MO
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2023 :  12:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow Shennandoah! That rocker! #128525;I also love the shelf of your craft products! Be still my heart. LOL

Coni

Farmgirl Sister #4938
Livin' the Life of Riley
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  03:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Connie! I showed my mom how I organized my stuff and she asked me to help her do the same. So that’s one of my next projects.

I have a question to the group and MJ - for the safe toys merit badge intermediate and expert levels, do the toys have to be sewn? I ask because I just got a book of knitted animal patterns and my niece and nephew have put in a request for me to make each of them an animal. There are clothing patterns that go with the animals that are also knitted.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile
I would think that they could be knitted, crocheted and/or sewn…as long as they are “safe” when finished. I remember knitting a bear and crocheting a bunny for my granddaughter. They were fun to put together.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  12:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Shennandoah, your chair looks great! You gave it a new life. Enjoy your new knitting chair.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  3:49:42 PM  Show Profile
It is safer to use materials that are not made of polyester or acrylic. Acrylic melts when it burns and can leave nasty scars on the skin. Polyester sheds micro plastics into the environment. To be safe, just use naturally and organically sourced materials.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  5:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Debbie and Marie. The yarn I purchased is made of natural fibers. I bought it from my local yarn store (and not the box store). And I use safety eyes. I made a possum for my eldest (she has unique tastes). Doing a dog and cat for the niece and nephew.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2023 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile
How are your badges coming along? I am still working on my Expert UFO badge. I only have 10 more hours to go! Just a couple more projects and I should have this badge complete. I also only have about 20 more pages left in my calligraphy book and then I will be able to apply for the Beginner Calligraphy badge. Once I finish that book I will be reading the book required for the Intermediate level of Lost Art of Letter Writing.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2023 :  12:43:56 PM  Show Profile
I’m working on a few! Just having to work around the Texas heat and business travel.

Ingot my coop painted and assembled with nesting boxes and curtains. My first batch of chicks ever arrived and painting the run. So on my way to the backyard farmer badge.

Also ready to submit for Grease Chicks, carpentry, and make it beginner badges. I’m attending a beekeeping class tomorrow, drying herbs from the garden for tea for holiday gifts, and getting ready to do some canning. Really it’s an outing finding the time to submit and keeping straight what activity goes with what badge. I had the organizer but it didn’t work with my adhd brain so I set up my own system. My sister and daughter like it and are copying it . Here’s a couple of sample pages below —oh and I’m getting ready to host an info session for the chapter I started here.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2023 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Shenandoah, that is amazing! You have been really busy. Your chicken coop looks great. I find myself getting confused as well especially if I am trying to work on more than one badge at a time. I hope your system continues to work for you.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3004 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3004 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  12:19:28 PM  Show Profile
What a great coop! I'm glad you found a system that works for you. I need to apply for some badges - that's the part I have the most trouble with LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2023 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Yeah it gets confusing when doing multiple badges. I have to tackle what’s a priority or what can be done with the weather or time I have. This system has been working great so far!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2023 :  2:28:42 PM  Show Profile
I am still working on my expert UFO badge. I only have a couple more hours left, but I have had to shift my work to my crochet Christmas presents. I am still hoping I have time to finish the badge this year. I need a few more hours in my day lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2023 :  7:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Krista don’t we all! I was ahead of the game for awhile and now behind on my knitting projects. I never get them all finished in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2023 :  6:50:17 PM  Show Profile
Same here Shennandoah. I was doing so well at the first and now life has caught up lol! I have at least started 2 of the Christmas presents, so I will take that as a positive!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2023 :  9:10:46 PM  Show Profile
I will soon have a great amount of time to work on UFOs. I will be getting surgery to remove a bunion and adjust a hammer toe on my right foot. This means I have to limit my walking to just the apartment for two whole months!!! I cannot wait to fill all that time with reading and UFOs.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2023 :  12:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Marie, it sounds like you will have plenty of time to work on your UFO's. I am sorry you have to have surgery, but it's good you can make a positive out of it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

715 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
715 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2023 :  3:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Marie, what a positive way to look at your enforced "down" time. I bet you are able to get lots done. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen

Edited by - jillyd on Nov 09 2023 3:58:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2023 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile
I also need the rest.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2023 :  12:40:59 PM  Show Profile
I need to look through the planner again. I am pretty sure I have a badge finished from working in my garden, I just need to double check.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2023 :  05:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Krista, I’m doing the same thing. I’m always working on projects but don’t submit the badges as I go. Then I end up submitting several at once lol.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2023 :  12:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Shenandoah, the crazy of the holidays has thrown me. I still need to look through the book, but it will most likely be after Christmas now once I finish making Christmas presents. Hopefully you have quite a bit to apply for.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6735 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6735 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2024 :  12:46:29 PM  Show Profile
What is everyone working on? With our big storm hitting right now, I am hoping to get a couple merit badges and UFOs worked on. I need to apply for my expert UFO badge and I am currently working on my beginner calligraphy, intermediate quilling, and intermediate lost art of letter writing.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1445 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1445 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2024 :  4:30:43 PM  Show Profile
I’m working on my UFO badges, the relaxation one, and I will be looking through my binder to see what else to start. I need to apply for some from last year that I finished (last spring) but then didn’t apply for due to my surgery. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 49 Merit Badge Chit Chat:  Just a bit of merit badge chit chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page