True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  08:15:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

It never fails… This time of year, our home suddenly becomes “active” with strange goings on. Last night we were upstairs getting ready for bed when suddenly I heard a loud crash from downstairs – it sounded like a stack of metal bowls went to the floor. I wasn’t about to go down there, so I asked my husband if he would. He said it could wait until the morning, we should expect this kind of thing. I was in the bathroom washing up and suddenly there was another loud crash in the pantry. He came running down the hall that time. A bag of canning jar lids and a few boxes had been knocked to the floor. I shuddered. I asked him to stay in the bathroom with me until I was finished, but he laughed and looked at me like I had two heads. “This is YOUR house. You have NOTHING to be afraid of…” and he went back to bed. I knew he was right, but I had goosebumps from head to toe. The house was so unusually quiet, and yet these weird things were happening as if some angry person was storming through. I started to brush my teeth and suddenly heard a muffled man’s voice. I froze and then heard him reply to himself. Chills were crawling all over me. I took a deep breath, turned around and walked speedily but quietly down the hall to the bedroom. “Did you HEAR that? Did you hear that man’s voice?” My husband just looked at me. “No. I didn’t hear anything.” “I heard a man say something, then it sounded like he replied to himself. It was muffled – I couldn’t make out what was being said. I think it was downstairs, but it sounded like it was up here, too. SO weird!” My "hero," my "knight in shining armor," just made a little “hmph” sound and rolled over. I just went back to the bathroom to take my shower, and sang hymns the whole time.

Nothing else happened, thankfully. I was so creeped out, though. A few nights ago, while showering I had seen a clear, wispy-white figure glide past the shower, but really didn’t lay any weight to it – I wasn’t afraid. After all, I know and believe with all my heart that “He that is within <me> is greater than he that is in the world!” - I John 4:4. But tonight? Tonight THIS spirit was knocking things over! I didn’t want to see ANYTHING!!! I don’t think I’ve ever showered so fast in my life! LOL! When I finally made it to my bed, I shot under the covers as quickly as I could, and, shivering like a little kid, I covered my face up to my eyeballs so I could see our door and watch for anything that might go bump in the night.

This morning I was the first downstairs. I had to hunt around a little bit to see what had fallen, but finally found my water bath canner across the room from where it had rested for the past couple of weeks, turned upside down, the lid off to the side, contents on the floor. I shuddered again – more canning stuff… is whatever this is upset with me? As Grandma would say, “Eghads and little fishhooks!” Maybe he or she was just trying to get my attention so I could pray for his or her lost soul. Yeah. Let's go with that. ;)

As I said, this kind of thing is common in our house, primarily this time of year, but at other times, too. One Christmas morning a couple of years ago, we were gathered together, with our son on the floor underneath our tree, and listened intently as an invisible someone stomped their feet back and forth along the hallway upstairs. It went on for quite a while, to the point that I was convinced someone had broken in. My husband went upstairs to check – nothing. Not a soul. But when he came back down, it started all over again. Eventually it stopped, but I’ll tell you: CREEEPY!!!

And we have soooo many stories from when our son was little. The ghost liked him, and was very kind to and protective of him. I remember one time he was playing with his favorite cow toy while sitting in his high chair. I was at the stove, and he made a game of throwing it to the floor so Mommy would pick it up. Finally I said, “Now don’t throw it again, honey. Mommy’s cooking and I can’t pick it up for you.” Suddenly to the floor it went. I looked down at it, looked at him, smiled, shook my head and said, “Well, now you’re going to have to wait.” No sooner did I say that did I hear him giggle. I looked up, and there he was, flopping the cow around on his tray, ready to throw it down again. I had chills head-to-toe. I’ll never forget it. Mind-boggling.

We’ve had things move, we’ve heard voices, we’ve seen things… Things have disappeared and reappeared in their original spot months later… Other people - even some who don't "believe" in ghosts - have had experiences here. It’s crazy stuff. I mostly just pray for whatever is here, so that it can find peace and go Home where it belongs. Some say it’s not even the same spirit. Where we live, there is a funeral home at one end of our block, and a funeral home right behind the house. We’ve been told that spirits gather in our home as they make their way to the great beyond. Personally, I have NO idea who it is, but I do think it’s terribly sad for someone to be “stuck” here instead of being able to move on. And whoever it is, he or she is very nice to my kid – I have SO many stories, believe me – so I’m not too, too concerned.

Do any of YOU have a ghost or experience similar things in your home? I’m not kidding –I could probably write a book. We’re pretty lucky, though – nothing to really fear here, praise the Lord! But how about YOU? What’s YOURS like? PLEASE share your story with us! I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, but it sure would be nice to know we're not alone... in the alive, human sense! ;)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 30 2015 08:29:46 AM

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  09:36:05 AM  Show Profile
Nini
Oh my gosh girl. Your experience is so well written. I really have no such stories but do believe in ghosts. It's is indeed a bit creepy. But it sounds like it's not harmful, praise God for that.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  10:08:57 AM  Show Profile
How lucky you are Nini to have these spirits communicate with you. They all must really trust you. I have seen the ghost of one of my mom's dogs in her house after it had died. One of my dogs stayed with me for a month after he died to ease the guilt I felt. I felt him sitting in his spot next to me at the computer and sometimes he would poke me with his nose. After my cat died, I would hear the click of her claws on the wood floors for a short time.

I believe that some spirits have a difficult time accepting their change of status and need us to remind them. I remember a story about a guy sitting in his cold room who was confronted by a ghost hiding in a cupboard. The ghost told him of all his trials and tribulations during his life and how he was there to tell others about them. The young man commented that if he was dead he could go wherever he wanted and enjoy the warmer climates and festivals. The ghost hadn't thought about it that way, thanked the man and went away. The young man broke up the cabinet, put it in the fire place and warmed himself.

My point is, perhaps these spirits need a reminder that they are now free to be on their way. Talk to them. Tell them they are free to go wherever they wish.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  10:17:14 AM  Show Profile
When I was wee thing of about 7 we lived in Boston for a while and I'm quite sure that we had spooks or something! Things would move around with out anyone having been there to move them, floors and stairs would creak, doors would open and shut and sometimes faint balls of light would seem to appear in a nearby room, but would not be there when you tried to get a closer look. My friend Marcy and I tried to hide out one summer night to catch the poltergeist but ended up running like rabbits upstairs and hiding in my bedroom closet with blankets (and cookies)instead when the stairs to the basement started creaking.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  11:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message

I DO believe in spooks.. I do I do I do!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran

Edited by - ClaireSky on Oct 30 2015 11:40:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  11:53:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah..."there here" in my old house. When we first moved in I was preparing some rice pudding in the kitchen when I saw something out of the corner of my eye...a little boy in victorian clothes watching me from the doorway-it was only for a second then he was gone. I am a firm believer in scent triggering memories and I believe this little boy liked rice pudding and went to see if mama was making his favorite dessert! I wasn't uncomfortable by any stretch--just startled to see him. Also, when Nan moved out and I was repainting her bedroom I went to open her door after finishing for the day and my hand was on the door knob when I felt a very strong pull to close the door-I just yanked it open and that was that. Nan has seen a victorian lady dressed to the nines in her room on several occasions-She never felt uncomfortable or threatened at all just surprised at her appearance. I think we can cohabit with former tenants in harmony at least in our case we are willing to live together. I don't know if I could handle angry or threatening former tenants though!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  6:19:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you, Kelly... I do praise God it's nothing more "exciting!" I could never do a Amityville situation. I'd probably jump right out of my skin into the next world myself! LOL!

Marie - Thank you! A friend told me once that she believes they visit our home because they know I will pray for them. A lot of people don't believe in praying for the dead - that once it's over in the earthly realm, it's just over: all is said and done. I don't believe that one bit. I believe in the profound love and mercy of God, and that it's over when HE says it's over. Life doesn't end when the body ends, after all. ;) So I pray. I just could use a little less of the scary stuff. I think it's amazing that you've seen your pets. What a comfort to know they are waiting there on the other side for us, too! :)

Oh, Annika! Such brave little girls for trying! I like your resolution best, though - cookies under blankets in the closet! I'd be right there with ya! LOL!

Julie - You'll probably laugh, but my mother believes it's "just mice." But mice don't speak, stomp their feet as if they're wearing work boots, throw things across the room, etc. I would LOVE for it to happen just once when she's here... But I'd never ASK for it! The less we encourage whatever it is, I believe the better! LOL!

Melody - I think I remember you telling us (me?) the story about the door in Nan's room before - I had forgotten! It's pretty weird to me that things can materialize like that, but I've seen "it" too. The way our living room is situated, the back of the love seat is right in front of the wide opening to the living room. One night my husband kissed me to leave to go somewhere. I could feel him standing there in the doorway behind me, so I thought something on the television had caught his eye. I wasn't rushing him, but I wondered why he was standing there so long. I turned around to ask and saw the most amazing sight: it was the shape of a man - you could see the entire outline, his head, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, legs, etc., but no features. He looked as if someone had covered him in brown mud - like in little scoops and swipes, all over his body. I gasped and it slowly turned away as if he was floating into the other doorway and disappeared. I just sat there, stunned. That 'tweren't no mouse, I don't care WHAT my Mommy says! I was so scared, I must've sat motionless for an hour before I got the courage to get up and call my hubby. He just laughed. He grew up with this kind of thing in his mother's home - nothing to fear. It was the longest few hours waiting for him to come home, I'll tell you that! ;)

Crazy stuff. Craaaazy stuff.

Thanks so much for sharing your stories, girls. Just amazing!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  2:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh how creepy. Your story gave me chills! Perfect for Halloween day! I can’t say I have ever truly had any ghost experiences in my life. It sounds like you shouldn’t be too worried. It’s almost as if you have someone just trying to get your attention. Hope all stays well with you and your family.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  6:16:20 PM  Show Profile
I still can't figure out why people get so out of sorts about the Spirit. I mean, geez, it is eternal and just because the body dies doesn't mean that is the end of Being. But anyway. Yes, I have had tons of "experiences" growing up and even now. The house we lived in when I was a teenager (and up until it burned down when I was in my 20s) was very active as was the graveyard that we lived next to (that's why my family was able to get that property so cheap...it was haunted). I don't know why people fear the Spirit, but eh, well, to each his or her own I guess. In that particular house, things would move, we could hear voices, there would be apparently huge parties going on that we could hear but not see, electrical devices (tv, radio, etc) would come on by themselves even when unplugged, my son and nephew had quite a few playmates when they were babies and one that liked to scare the crap out of them. I had to get my son a toy shotgun, do a protective ritual over it and load it with magical shells that would kill the beast that bothered him and it worked :) (I had no doubts, but I'm a magical kind of gal anyway). There were lots of cold spots in the house, we all used to see things and people regularly. One night in particular a friend of mine was over visiting and it sounded like someone was moving furniture upstairs and stomping up and down the stairs. She asked me what my mom was up to at that hour (it was after midnight), when I told her that my mom was in bed asleep, she asked about every other family member (all of whom were not there then). When she realized that it was one of the Spirits, she turned the most pale shade of white I have ever seen and almost broke her neck getting out of the house. She never came back after dark again, even though things happened in the daytime too! One night my older sister went to the bathroom and some old wicked looking guy popped up behind her in the bathroom mirror as she was washing her hands and touched her shoulder....she never got up at night again. Being a medium, I've always been a sort of magnet for Spirit, so it is an every day thing for me to see, hear and talk with them. It is my normal. My home is an open door to the realm of Spirit and Divine.

Usually at this time of year, many people believe that the veil that separates the realm of Spirit from the realm of Flesh is thinnest, which is why you see or experience more phenomena now than at other times. For me, this is a very Hallowed and Holy time of year to connect with all of my Ancestors and to take time to remember the Ancestors of others who would otherwise be forgotten. Many Spirits reach out during this time to reconnect and just to be remembered. Many have said to me that being forgotten is when one truly dies, and no one wants that! When they are making a ruckus in your house, they are trying to get your attention. Instead of being afraid, take some time to just ask them how they are. Many do appreciate being prayed for as well because the energy of loving prayer is a powerful revitalizer.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

Edited by - rksmith on Oct 31 2015 6:23:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  2:54:24 PM  Show Profile
We're doing great, Krista - not a bump or bang or sound since the other night! Thank goodness!!!

Rachel - I understand what you're saying. I think it's just disconcerting knowing that something is there that can see you, but you can't see it. It's unnerving also that things happen out of the blue, when you're not expecting it, you know? Kind of like when someone jumps out of a doorway at you - I think it would take nerves of steel not to be shaken by that, and you can SEE that person! And, again, I think it's a little sad to think that some poor soul is stuck here and can't find their way Home. That would be horrific to me. It's funny because some of what you have described is what my husband's entire family experienced at my mother-in-law's house when they were growing up. When we lived back in New England, one time we came home for a visit, accompanied by a friend. It didn't take long for her to call her dad asking him to have a plane ticket waiting for her at the airport - she wasn't sticking around for any more than she had already experienced! LOL! We had experiences the very first night we moved into our home, but we've handled it pretty much in stride. I didn't know that about this time of year - that is very interesting! Thank you for sharing! :) I think everyone pretty much remembers loved ones who have departed from our lives, don't you agree? The dead can't be part of our lives as they once were, but they are truly always part of us because of what we learned from and experienced with them. As part of my religion, we are prompted to pray for the dead, especially at this time of year. We're not to communicate with the dead, however. We're taught that the demonic can be very convincing that they are in fact our dead loved ones, and if we fall prey to that, we can not only be terribly misled, we can be harmed on many levels if we start to follow them. And, of course, life is meant for the living, not for the dead - they have had their time on earth; so having them disrupt and influence our lives is definitely not right - this is OUR time, after all! :) Those who have passed are meant for something else, another type of existence, you know? SO, those could also be other reasons as to why people get the willies when it comes to encounters with spirits. All I know is, it's a little freaky when things start a-movin' and a-flyin'! And unless people experience it first hand, they sure think that we who have are a bit tapped, don't they! LOL!

I hope it's okay to ask, because I have always wondered: Is being a medium overwhelming at times? I mean, how do you find peace in the midst of it all? I can't imagine what that would be like! We have one spirit with something to say, but you deal with MANY on a regular basis! WOW!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  5:31:52 PM  Show Profile
I understand where you are coming from Nini! No worries there. I ado agree wholeheartedly that life is for the living, but sometimes Spirits need something extra to get them through their transformation and journey. I guess because it is so commonplace for me, I don't ever recall being freaked out by things being moved, just annoyed. But I can see where you are coming from though. It can be very overwhelming, it has been in the past and when I tried to just be numb and block everything out, well, I paid for it. These days I do have boundaries and a system of sorts set up with Spirit(s) so that things are more smooth for me now and usually not so hectic or overwhelming. I rarely have issues with being annoyed or just pestered to no end anymore since creating a system of communications. It works well for me (us) anyway. I don't mind answering questions.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  6:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for explaining, Rachel! I'm so glad you don't mind me asking! Thank you for understanding! I just always wondered, and am so grateful that you didn't think I was being silly! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  08:52:07 AM  Show Profile
My mother is a medium. The only place she ever became overwhelmed was at the Alamo. She could feel all of the spirits trying to get her attention. She said they all seemed to want explanations. She had to leave.

I have encountered a demon when I was trying to heal someone. When I took my hands away, I saw it in his eyes. The demon was frightened. I knew that it was almost finished with this person and was looking to move on. I believe it was hoping that I would be a good candidate. I told the individual that it was time to leave and he did without saying a word. I never saw him again. The next day a sensitive friend of mine asked me about the vibe in my home. When I told him what happened, he helped me cleanse my home. I more often encounter the residual spirit left on objects. Sometimes I can tap into this directly when I touch someone.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Not-So-Hallowed Eves... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page