Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please pray for hubby . . . and me! UPDATE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please pray for hubby . . . and me! UPDATE! Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13584 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13584 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  8:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
02/19/16: Just thought I'd drop in for a quick update: Hubby's eyes healed up in the timely manner they were supposed to, he has new glasses for far distance vision, is doing VERY, VERY WELL . . . and the bill's are paid. Praise the Lord!

AS FOR ME: The ups and downs on this roller coaster seem to be less extreme, but I still have days/moments of struggling.
I ask FOR CONTINUED PRAYERS!!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
CJ

12/28/15: See my last post re: my hubby and his eyes!

As for me, I believe the new treatment regimen is actually helping, but have been told (as usual) it will take time! I'm more hopeful now than ever.
Your continued prayers for me and my journey would be soooooo appreciated!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
CJ

12/23/15: Praising the Lord! Hubby had last followup check today, both eyes look great, healed well, restrictions lifted. Check back in a year, unless there are issues. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful! Told him I do NOT want to go to Durango again any time soon. Today's appt. was rescheduled from yesterday because we got a major snow dump and the roads were okay, but a good portion very slippery and snowpacked, and had to drive 9 miles in an all out blizzard! Praising the Lord for safe travels!
CJ

12/17/15: Hubby doing good. Vision is cleared and now, with both cataract surgeries done, his vision is equalized and he can see really good! Praising the Lord!

I did NOT sleep well, at all, last night and have had a hard day today. This happens every now and then and it makes it hard to function and I generally don't feel good all over

PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR PRAYERS FOR US!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

12/16/15: Surgery went smooth and easy! Roads were not as bad as expected and only took about 20 minutes longer to drive, which we planned for by leaving earlier.
Please pray for hubby's eye to heal as well as first one did and for him to not get weary of the constant infusion of all kinds of eye drops . . . four different ones up to four times daily!
THANKS FOR PRAYERS! APPRECIATE CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR HIM and for ME!
HUGS!
CJ

12/15/15: Surgery tomorrow! We've had lots of snow in the past couple of days, which means our drive will be, not only early, but challenged with wintry road conditions.
PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY FOR:
- safe and timely travel
- safe and smooth surgery for hubby~
- GOOD recovery as it was for the first eye!
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
CJ

12/13/15: Hubby prepping for surgery on 2nd eye this coming Weds., the 16th. Please pray he'll stay healthy, for weather/road conditions for our one-hour (one-way drive) in the early morning, for safe and smooth surgery and recovery.

Please continue your prayers for me . . . an exhausting journey!
Thanks so much!
CJ

12/09/15: First eye healed well, restrictions lifted, hubby doing good! Praise the Lord! Next Weds. is eye #2 . . pray for him as he prepares and that this surgery will go as smoothly!

** I had a much better day today . . . hoping tomorrow is a good one! I'm really weary of the struggle!
THANKS FOR PRAYERS!
CJ

12/08/15: I'm really struggling with this "roller coaster" ride. I've had some really good days, but I've had some really awful days . . . today is one of those days. I'm sooooo frustrated and discouraged!
Please continue your prayers!
THANK YOU!
CJ

12/07/15: Hubby doing well postop on first cataract surgery. He can longer wear his glasses but we knew that would happen! He goes back for followup on Weds. (another 100 mile, round trip, drive!)

As for me . . . still trying to get a sense for the new prescription, to see if it going to help. Saturday night was ROUGH and with very little sleep! Why?? I have no clue, but yesterday was difficult to get through. Thankfully, last night I had good sleep and, so far, today is a GOOD day!

Please continue prayers for both of us! Thank you soooo much!
CJ

12/02/15: First cataract surgery done today, hubby doing well! Now for healing and recovery, followup appt. in one week. Has surgery for other eye scheduled on the 16th, in 2 weeks and followup on that one right before Christmas! MERRY CHRISTMAS, DH"!

I have lab results . . . I have a possible answer! YAY! I also have a new prescription that I'm hoping helps, but have been advised to "give it a chance, it takes a bit of time"!

Thanks for prayers . . . please continue praying!
HUGS TO ALL!
CJ

11/30/15: Wednesday is the rescheduled date for hubby's first cataract surgery. We have to be on the road by 5:30 AM! That will be difficult, but praying for God's grace in the matter.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS DAY . . for him and the surgery!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
CJ

11/25/15: Drive to appt. went well (4-hours round trip) and the weather was great. Appt. went well and I MAY have some answers and some REAL help! Had lab drawn yesterday for things I've never had tested before.
Please continue your prayers for me in this journey!
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!
CJ

11/22/15: Tomorrow is my appointment . . . your prayers would be appreciated that this will be something that actually helps! It's a 2-hour drive one-way, but it looks like weather will be good and roads are clear. I don't know about road construction . . . praying for none!
THANKS FOR PRAYERS!
CJ

Hi there farmgirls,

I'd like to ask for prayer, first of all, for my hubby as he is going to have cataract surgery here soon. He was supposed to have the first eye done last Wednesday, but got sick and had to reschedule for Dec. 2nd, with the second eye for Dec. 16th. We really didn't want to be doing all of this this close to Christmas but it is going to happen that way anyway.
Please pray for him to heal up and be ready for the first one on the 2nd. We have a one-hour drive to the hosp. and they want him there 1 1/2 hr. before scheduled procedure, meaning leaving the house EARLY in the morning . . . in the winter.

PRAYERS APPRECIATED!!

And, for me . . . I've not posted on a thread I started sometime ago for a long time. It remains to be a roller coaster ride for me and I still have some really rough days. I have an appt. on November 23rd to pursue some other avenue. PRAY THAT THIS WILL ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL!!! And, no I can't go into the details . . it's very complicated!

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!
CJ

(Here's the link to the other thread)
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65278

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 19 2016 2:17:21 PM

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  10:29:51 PM  Show Profile
You are I my prayers sister! Both you and your hubby, as well as all the doctors involved!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  05:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Prayers CeeJay to you and your husband for healing and wellness.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6825 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6825 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  06:05:58 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay, prayers offered up for healing and comfort.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  06:54:21 AM  Show Profile
Sending my best wishes for the cataract surgeries. I have had both eyes done and was very very surprised at the easy recovery both times! I was so scared of the first surgery -- but it was such a piece of cake (for me, anyway -- maybe not the surgeon! ha ha) that I plunged right on in when it was time for the second one. My vision is so so much better and I have never had one minute of pain or even discomfort from either surgery.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  09:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
CJ, both you and your husband will be in my prayers. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  10:50:18 AM  Show Profile
CJ
I am praying for both you and your DH.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7522 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  11:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for you CJ and for your husbands surgery. Blessings to you too.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  3:23:09 PM  Show Profile

Prayers for both of you CJ...Bless both of you!!!

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  02:15:28 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you both!
I had both eyes done for cataracts, so amazing, they not only solved the cataract problem but at the same time altered the new lenses so I was able to see without glasses for the first time in 45 years!
Recovery was quick. I was nervous about the first one but it went so well that the second was not such a concern.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13584 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13584 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you girls! My hubby is far less concerned about his surgeries than I am . . . I'm grateful for that!

THANK YOU FOR CONTINUED PRAYERS!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2015 :  5:20:21 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay, you and your husband are wrapped in God's healing love. You are in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7522 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2015 :  7:22:21 PM  Show Profile
CJ Your hubby is in my prayers so that he won't have stress too much before Monday, and you are in my prayers for your health and being comforted from God.

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  06:38:54 AM  Show Profile
Praying!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  5:16:19 PM  Show Profile
CJ - when will you get your results of your lab work? Praying for answers for you, and successful surgery for your hubby!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13584 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13584 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  5:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
I have results of the lab tests . . .went and got a copy last Weds. I don't know, however, if my dr. has seen them yet, as she was out of the office for the holiday. I hope to hear from her tomorrow.
Thanks for prayers!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7522 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  9:46:26 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this and hope all went well today! Praying for you to finally find out good answers for your test results.

Praying for your husband and surgery.

Take care

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  06:27:51 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay, I hope you and your hubby are doing well from surgery and lab testing. Farmgirl Hugs to you both!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13584 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13584 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  4:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
First cataract surgery done today, hubby doing well! Now for healing and recovery, followup appt. in one week. Has surgery for other eye scheduled on the 16th, in 2 weeks and followup on that one right before Christmas! MERRY CHRISTMAS, DH!

I have lab results . . . I have a possible answer! YAY! I also have a new prescription that I'm hoping helps, but have been advised to "give it a chance, it takes a bit of time!

Thanks for prayers . . . please continue praying!
HUGS TO ALL!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7522 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  10:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Yay Cj, you are starting to get forward now! Wonderful, I pray it works for you.

Blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13584 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13584 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  12:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hubby is doing good today! Commenting on all the things he can see . . praising the Lord!

I'm feeling kinda tired . . . yesterday was a long, stressful day! But I'm feeling better than I thought I would!

Please continue your prayers for us! Your prayers are SOOOOOOOO APPRECIATED!
THANK YOU!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:16:04 PM  Show Profile
You bet we'll continue to pray ceejay.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  5:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Prayers continue CJ!

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  05:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Adding prayers and Farmgirl Hugs, CeeJay!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16298 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16298 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  05:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of you and hubby, CJ. May good health and happiness be yours again soon.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  06:53:28 AM  Show Profile
Praying the follow up for your hubby goes well today, and that you are finding peace in the roller coaster!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please pray for hubby . . . and me! UPDATE! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page