Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Farmgirl Jubilee theme for 2016 ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee theme for 2016 ?? Next Topic
Page: of 12

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  11:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks MaryJane. I have your Once Upon a Chicken fabric ready.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  12:53:58 PM  Show Profile
In addition to some bright happy polka dot/flora combo renditions of our apron, we also made a light weight denim one and two using my Once Upon a Chicken fabrics. Our plan is to take photos later this week (right now I'm getting my chicken coop cleaned and camera ready:)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  1:00:55 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, cleaning my chicken coop helps to keep me humble. It puts things into perspective ~ don't you think.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  2:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to seeing the aprons, MaryJane. I know they are going to be darling with the various fabric choices. Your girls will enjoy being "in the limelight" for the Jubilee too. Maybe even Tomkins will show up hoping to steal a bit of the limelight too! Those blue eyes make you just want to give him anything he wants! Hehehe, I bet Paul Newman knew all about the power of blue eyes, don't ya' think?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  2:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Humble indeedy, Sara!!!

Winnie, my blue-eyed Jasper likes to give my girls a fright every now and then but he's never harmed any of them. Even so, they don't act like they trust him one bit--not at all charmed by his blue eyes:)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  08:09:11 AM  Show Profile
We're having a dear friend of mine coming to our chapter's Jubilee celebration. She's taught basket weaving and weaving for a long time. We're definitely will have to wear aprons and one with pockets would be fantastic. We'll be using some tools and no doubt some snacks. We're going to have a ball and want to be pretty,too. So I'm off to search for some super apron fabric and can hardly wait for Mother Hen's patterns. I hope Mary Jane doesn't mind me calling her Mother Hen? It is a phrase of endearment...

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  10:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait to make my apron with your chicken fabric Mary Jane!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  09:36:05 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait till the June/July issue <3 <3

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147
2009 Farmgirl of the Year

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  10:36:11 AM  Show Profile
Update: I have my chicken coop ready for photos (new wall art, wallpaper cleaned, etc. you know, basic henkeeping) and this morning Carrie and I went over the photos we'll take today of the aprons on a wicker mannequin in the coop. Too cute. I'll post them here once it's all said and done. The pattern and kits will go up on our website as soon as Lucas/Brian can get them up (next week sometime). We're hoping those of you who make aprons will take our apron pattern and run with it so that we don't have to sell aprons, just kits and the pattern. It'll be a complete pattern, no enlargements needed, just a normal pattern with plenty of how-to photos included in the step-by-step instructions.

I'm off to spend the afternoon in my coop!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile
And Sylvia, Mother Hen is fine--makes me feel all clucky and feathery inside:)

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  10:46:43 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane, I hope my girls, Claude - Maude - Mo'Dean don't get wind of your chicken coop with wall art & clean wallpaper I'll never hear the end of it. I wonder if they would be happy with a Jubilee banner and an extra helping of collard greens.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  11:46:07 AM  Show Profile
When it comes to chickens, collard greens fix eggerything.

Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  9:04:02 PM  Show Profile
My sewing machine is cleaned, oiled, lubed and ready to start doing some serious apron making. Bring it on!

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  9:06:48 PM  Show Profile
I am right there with you, Sylvia!!!! I'm hiding out in my sewing room this weekend with some coffee....and maybe some chocolate....
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  11:35:21 AM  Show Profile
You can't go wrong with a good cup of coffee, fabric, sewing machine, and most of all, chocolate. You're good, girl.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  1:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Like I said, it's going to be a minute before we can get the kits and pattern into our shopping cart. We've come up with two styles of egg-gathering aprons (Carrie is also working on a child's version).

Both have side pockets but one version has a full front pocket for eggs ...

and the other has elasticized egg compartments in front.

It's a "one-size-fits-most" pattern, looking adorable on both Karina (size 3) and Carol (size 3X).

But wait, what's that beneath our Jubilee egg-gathering apron on the wall of MaryJane's chicken coop?

Why it's a feeder she's designed--DIY instructions in the June/July "Fresh Egg Overture" issue of MaryJanesFarm, due out the first week of May.

Speaking of Jubilee anticipation/preparations, do you have your Sisterhood necklace and Jubilee necklace ready to go?

http://shop.maryjanesfarm.org/Farmgirl-Sisterhood-Necklace

(Our Jubilee necklace also needs to be put back into our shopping cart under "Sisterhood Supplies." Stay tuned for the pattern, the kits, and the Jubilee necklace to show up there real soon I hope.)

Speaking of kits, I grabbed a quick photo today of Carrie putting together Jubilee Egg-gathering Apron kits.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  1:26:18 PM  Show Profile
P.S. When these show up in the June/July issue of my magazine, you'll see that Carol and I had fun pulling quite a few quotes from your comments about other things one might put into an egg-gathering apron.

Next up here? I'll be posting a fun "recipe" for becoming a farmgirl using your suggestions for words that match the letters in A.P.R.O.N.

Farmgirl Jubilee!!! I do decree, it's taking shape little by little.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  06:16:43 AM  Show Profile
These are the cutest aprons for our Jubilee!! I love the designs and fabrics shown here. Our Jubilee is definitely taking shape and special focus for this year. I love how it was just "born" here at the Farm with input by so many Farmgirls. Totally a reflection of our wonderful diverse and creative community we all enjoy together.

I am definitely intrigued at how the new chicken feeder works and looking forward to our next magazine with a special focus on all things chickens and eggs. Even those of us who don't have chickens love to read and hear about all of those who do, especially when there are photos of chicken coops with wallpaper, curtains and vintage accessories.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  07:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Farmgirls! I have a question for you. If we were to design a poster that speaks farmgirl, what would it be? Photos of barn quilts, a non-toxic household cleaner guide, tips, quotes, photos of aprons, a pattern, a how-to guide to ...? Let your imaginations run wild. Anything's a possibility.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  10:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That all sounds good, MaryJane. Right off I'd say a collage of aprons, barns and barn quilts, chickens/eggs/coops, and food tips for healthy recipes and vegetable growing.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  10:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm curious, is the pattern only going to be available for sale in the shopping cart ? Or will it also be printed in the June and July issue of the magazine along with all the other goodies? Looking forward to seeing the pattern and making my apron. Love the fabric combinations you've come up with.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 19 2016 10:14:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  10:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. The pattern won't be in the magazine, only on our website. The magazine comes out the week of our Jubilee--too late for sewing it in time for our Jubilee! Don't hesitate to come up with your own version of an egg-gathering apron. We decided to come up with a pattern and kits that we could offer over time, beyond this year's Jubilee.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  12:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Love the one with little pockets! Very cute!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  12:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
As for a Farmgirl Poster . . . I think a collage of photos that we can relate to would be perfect!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  12:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Poster ideas: barn quilts for sure, farm girls doing things--always looking adorable in aprons of all kinds, lots of gorgeous vegetables, pies, cakes, celebrating, cows, chickens definitely, flowers, mason jars full of winter promises....

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee theme for 2016 ?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page