Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Ruptured acl surgery for my puppy-UPDATE 6-17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Ruptured acl surgery for my puppy-UPDATE 6-17 Next Topic  

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6726 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6726 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  11:56:46 AM  Show Profile
06/17/16 My sweet baby has been recovering wonderfully! She has full motion of her leg again and stairs have become increasingly easier for her to use. Majority of her hair has grown back and she is now acting like herself. We will be going back in a month for her last follow up to hopefully clear her to return to all activities! I am so grateful for all the wonderful vets we have!

This last week my sweet little Border Collie, Adalyn, had surgery to fix her ruptured acl in her back right leg. She has been recovering very well and has been a tough cookie. She has to be taken on a leash everywhere, be taken on 5 minute slow walks 3 times a day, ice her leg 3 times a day, and complete physical therapy exercises. We go back in 12 to 14 days to remove her staples and reevaluate her condition. She will be down and no running for 4 to 6 months. It breaks my heart seeing my little girl down but I know the surgery was best for her in the end.

She is so silly and loves to sleep on her back! This must help relieve pressure off her leg. As a funny side note, her new hair cut is absolutely terrible and they didn't even cut it straight! I'll have to catch a picture of her new hair when she's up!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Jun 17 2016 11:19:07 AM

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6458 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6458 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  12:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Poor baby and what a darling picture Krista. Sounds like she is getting exactly what she needs, lots of love and TLC.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, September, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  7:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Krista, so sorry for her, and you. That's a lot of extra care. What we do for love.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6726 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6726 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  2:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies. She really is spoiled and given lots of love! I would do anything for my dogs.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13573 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13573 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  3:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Awwww, poor baby! Illness and surgery are so hard on animals. It's hard on "moms" too because you have to watch that they don't do what they shouldn't while recovering, take care of them and keep them loved and comfy! Hang in there!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  5:57:46 PM  Show Profile
Goodness! 4 to 6 months is a very long time to keep a dog resting. Good luck to you and poor pup. You'll just have to spend lots of time cuddling with this baby along with your other baby

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  9:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Ouch! Thinking good thoughts and wishing a speedy recovery for your sweet pup...

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  12:44:35 PM  Show Profile
Hugs to Adalyn! And a speedy recovery.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6726 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6726 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies. She is already thinking that she feels 100%. She tried taking off running yesterday to play. So today I am keeping her separate from her sisters so she doesn't feel tempted to play. I'm such a "mean" mom. That's the look she keeps giving me!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Ruptured acl surgery for my puppy-UPDATE 6-17 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page