Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 My Gift to my Mom..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My Gift to my Mom.. Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  9:27:46 PM  Show Profile
I must confess,,, I have spent way to much time over on 'pinterest'... and have come across a cute idea for a gift for my mama for Mothers Day,,, where you take out the watch face and insert a photo... but as I was working on it,,, I came to a cross roads,,, do I put a photo of, me, my daughter, my 3 grandkiddos or my mom's beloved poodle that went over the Rainbow Bridge,, and my even bigger problem,, the photo would be very small for ageing eyes to see... then it hit me!
a small piece of broken china from my mothers beloved china that she passed on to me.

so I made her a pendent necklace from an old watch face, trinkets and the piece of china...

My mother gave me her china 10 years ago,,, and I had placed several pieces on my china hutch,,, one of my sweet kitties hopped up on the hutch and knocked over several pieces so I used the broken pieces to mosaic a photo frame,, the few pieces I had left I saved for a future project,,, and today decided to use one of the pieces in the watch...

The rose pattern was on mom's 'Rosenthal' china that she bought in 1966 and brought to the USA in 1969.
I proudly cherish it dearly and hope she will cherish the necklace as a sweet reminder of her favorite china.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  04:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Grace,
The necklace is just beautiful. I love it.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  06:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Great idea, Grace! My Mother would have loved something like that! She will treasure it.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  06:49:36 AM  Show Profile
I love this Grace. What a fabulous idea to include a piece of the china. I think your mom will love it!

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  08:26:53 AM  Show Profile
Grace, such a great idea! It turned out really pretty! I bet your mom will love it!

I have to admit I'm a pinterest freak! I used to wonder how people could spend so much time on computer games. Then I realized the other night that pinterest is like a computer game to me. Click, click, click...pin, pin, pin...sort, sort, sort...oh, that needs a new board...click, pin, sort. It's a disease I tell ya! Time for an intervention! I could be working on a UFO! Just one more Pin.....Help!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  09:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Judith... I hear ya!..
Most times I set the egg timer for 20min... to be on pinterest... and I can not tell you how many times I have re-set the time!
Snork giggle!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  6:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Grace...the perfect gift! I too spend way too much time on Pinterest. But we are not alone. I have 239 followers. I treasure those pictures.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  9:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Judith i agree about the pinterest. I started on it so I could see what my daughter was looking at for her wedding, well that was more than 2 years ago, and I spend entirely too much time on Pinterest. I have had a few pinterest fails for sure!

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  10:12:31 PM  Show Profile
Denise,,, of if only I had nothing better to do then try my hand at all the cool crafting/sewing ideas that I glean from pinterest... but alas,,, hubby is a terrible cook and the katz refuse to clean their litter box... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  05:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Grace, your idea and necklace for your mom turned out so sweet! She is going to love and cherish it!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13569 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13569 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  11:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gracie,
That pendant is absolutely beautiful and such a great idea. I'm guessing she will LOVE it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  7:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Grace, your necklace is beautiful! Your mother is going to love it. I like how you used a piece of China. Very creative!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My Gift to my Mom.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page