Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own:  Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins! Next Topic
Page: of 23

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2019 :  05:18:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Vicki! It is the perfect place to relax, when the weather is warm. Right now it is chilly.

Luckily yesterday was warm enough for the handyman to put in the new windows in our sunroom. You can see the difference!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2019 :  06:30:52 AM  Show Profile
They are Beautiful Vanessa and what a great view! What is the color, am I seeing purple or a lavender?

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2019 :  06:43:40 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I love the shower curtain! Flying Doxies was definitely the way to go! You guys have done so much I can not believe it, so much energy. But, it all looks
Wonderful! Summer will be here before you know it and you can rest for a spell and look around your homestead enjoy and appreciate all the work you and hubby have done. Continued fun and everything looks fabulous, like home.
Have a happy and Blessed Sunday everyone

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2019 :  1:49:12 PM  Show Profile
Gosh! I feel so lazy living in an apartment with no garden space and no sun in the windows.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2019 :  2:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Marie just being a Farmgirl puts you a step up! Be creative as you want on the inside of the house and look for a community garden or a group needing some volunteer work to get your fix! Maybe even just adopt a friend and make them feel better with a small creative effort or plant and there you go...busy productive and ready for the next good thing!

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2019 :  04:49:49 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, the walls are wedgewood blue. It is on the south side, so it gets really hot in summer. It also has no heating so in winter besides warmth from the sun we use a portable heater.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 04 2019 :  7:28:20 PM  Show Profile

Today we went to the Junkfest in Augusta, KY about 20 minutes from our home. In the first shop we were in I was looking at some books and nudged a glass doohickey and it broke. I offered to pay for it, but the saleslady said it was ok. So to make up for it I bought this sweet chalkware dog bank, which she said may have come from the Germantown Fair. Later, I spied a drawing of Foolish Pleasure, a former Derby Winner. The picture is in the Barbaro Room, the doggie is in the Seattle Slew Room.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  7:01:45 PM  Show Profile

The orange irises make their appearance!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  7:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Vanessa your Orange Iris is special! You have a good eye at the shops too! Enjoying your posts! Thanks for sharing!

Farmgirl#7588
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 10 2019 :  04:10:37 AM  Show Profile
The irises are a bit crowded, so I think I'll divide them later.
Tonight is an estate auction of coins and dishes, and I told my husband I'll be there. The estate furniture is tomorrow but I've booked my mother-in-law and myself for a tea party, so I'll miss it.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 17 2019 :  7:14:21 PM  Show Profile

Now my pinky-peach irises are in bloom. A hummingbird was swooping back and forth like he was on a pendulum, showing off for a female.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 19 2019 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile
I've become a regular at local Quarter Auctions, which are fundraising events hereabouts. Saturday I was lucky enough to win a box of dog toys & treats, 2 bottles of locally made BBQ sauces, a bracelet, and a beer bread mix with lottery tickets taped to it (they weren't winners).

Today our library had a grand opening for their new addition and a local child care had a grand opening at their new location. Our community always has something going on!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2019 :  10:00:38 AM  Show Profile

This morning I determined that some of my peas were ripe. I opened a pod and went back in time to when we visited our grandparents on the farm. My sister and I "helped" pick peas in grandma's garden. There is nothing as tasty as fresh peas.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2019 :  5:55:51 PM  Show Profile

I need to find a basket to take to the garden, I could hardly hold all the strawberries and peas I picked today, and I don't want beets staining anything.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  05:30:23 AM  Show Profile

My darlin' Kathryn, my younger daughter in the AF, sent me goodie from her TDY to Alaska, along with several Star Wars and Dr. Who books she found. The dress up sticker doll is too cute to open.
It is an early birthday present for me.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  12:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I am loving the pictures that you have posted. I love going to junk sales and searching for all of the hidden treasures that I know are just waiting for me. Isn't it a wonderful thing to have dreams? I think dreams and an active imagination are what keeps us going.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  1:37:47 PM  Show Profile
New too! I can't stand watching tv for hours.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  6:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Vanessa I am enjoying your posts also and happy to see your garden is doing well! Your bit of heaven is wonderful and it sounds like a fun active community surround s you. Keep the sharing up! What fun and your daughters gifts are so sweet!
Raspberries are my sentimental trigger! My grandmother's garage was held up by them and in season I would eat them non stop!

Farmgirl#7588 Fishgirl Farm Chapter member.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  06:29:09 AM  Show Profile

Aren't these pretty lilies? They are yellow around the edges, and as they get older turn purplely.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2019 :  08:07:43 AM  Show Profile
I too love your posys---you have a wonderful home and a wonderful life. It makes me happy to read what you are doing.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2019 :  08:08:14 AM  Show Profile
Sorry ---I meant posts.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  4:16:30 PM  Show Profile
I don't know whether this should be under Farm Cooking or not! Until we get a new stove I've been using our microwave and the air fryer. These are the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and
these are the breaded porkchops. My sweetie ate 2 of them. I'm also making Saratoga chips. Although it doesn't heat up the kitchen, the drawback is it doesn't hold much.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier

Edited by - Audra Rose on Jul 02 2019 4:18:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2019 :  5:02:33 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, just look at that garden bounty. It looks wonderful. The irises are beautiful. I used to have some purple ones years ago. I haven't had any for years. I just love them. Flowers blooming at different times through the summer keeps a little color for you for the season. Cheerful and happy.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  05:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I am so excited for you about your house. Enjoy that garden!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile
After a full day of work, and a side trip to interview an artist having an exhibit, I install vinyl peel & stick tile as part on the sunroom makeover.

Then I decided to assemble a wooden storage bench Himself ordered that will store pesticides and stuff. Himself decided that the Allen wrench was too slow, and tried to insert the screws with a Phillips attachment on a drill. Needless to say, he stripped the screws. Luckily we had a neat drill attachment that fits around any type of screw, so his life is spared. Hope he learned slow and steady gets the job done. I need to get a better Allen wrench to finish it in the morning.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 A Farm of My Own:  Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page