Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Let's Talk Jubilee 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Let's Talk Jubilee 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 4

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  10:29:25 PM  Show Profile
A little Jubilee history for our new FarmGirls.

In 2015 a movement on the Farm was afoot to celebrate MaryJane's birthday. MaryJane joined in with let's celebrate her birthday and Queen Elizabeth's 50 Jubilee and we did it in style.

There's a badge for the Jubilee.

In 2016 the Jubilee theme was 'In Celebration of Aprons' and it was like all Jubilees celebrated the week of MaryJane's birthday - May 6.

Though there will be a theme for 2017 each FarmGirl celebrates it in her own way. We share ideas, make plans, and do a lot of talking about the Jubilee. There's not a theme yet, but there is still a lot of planning and doing that can be done. I'll freshen up or redo what I did last year and think of new ways I want to celebrate.

So far two ideas have been talked about:
Jubilee Mini Garden by Sara 'YellowRose'
Mini Apron Banner by Grace 'Katmom - Sara 'YellowRose' - Shannon 'hudsonsinaf'

As we draw closer to May there will be more interest in the Jubilee but for us who like to get a head start this is the place to come to tell us your dreams and plans for Jubilee 2017.

I just hit the hi-points of the Jubilee so I will appreciate any thoughts you may have on what new FarmGirls need to know about joining in on Jubilee 2017.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Edited by - YellowRose on Jan 21 2017 07:51:56 AM

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  07:43:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for this info! It helps me understand much better! I do love the mini apron idea as well as the mini garden! But I lean to the mini apron! :) Sweet to be a part of this!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  07:51:01 AM  Show Profile
Dianna if you have any questions I know between all us FarmGirls we will have an answer for you. If you haven't checked out Grace 'KatMom's' mini-aprons do so on the Stitching & Crafting forum.

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  08:01:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sara! I just got through perusing through images and reading comments and i am somewhat tickled with myself that i am doing this! I have never made an apron in all honesty but I do sew! I love to try new things as an artist and this is a beautiful step 'outside' my box! If I get stuck, I shall ask! I've met some really wonderful gals on here! Thanks so much!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  08:52:55 AM  Show Profile
The best part about the aprons is, we are not limited to our creativity...
They can be hand stitched, fabric glued or iron on seam binding, machine stitched and even crochet/knitted...
simply embellished to over the top embellished...it's up to you.
'Sew ' have fun, that's the most important thing!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  09:06:34 AM  Show Profile
Perfect! I've already begun my designs! I do wildlife rescue and love my birds! EVERY KIND! I paint and draw and photography is my favorite so with this I am incorporating into the little aprons! My daughter will LOVE helping me on this project! I may even recommend this to her 4-H teacher! :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  10:34:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for getting the conversation going on our upcoming Jubilee for May 2017. We will wait for MaryJane to give us the exact dates so we know how to plan.

I would just add to what Sara and Grace mentioned that there is also a badge for the Jubilee and aprons if anyone would like to earn them as well. Again, There are no rules here but we do encourage Farmgirls to share and enjoy their ideas and celebrations with everyone here. It is a great joy to do this together from coast to coast!! We all love to see photos as well if you can post.

Yesterday, I was reading about the National Tie One On Day, which is traditionally the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It includes making someone a loaf of bread or some other homemade gift and presenting it to a neighbor, friend, or anyone all wrapped up in an apron. This tradition would also work for our Jubilee weekend if anyone wanted to take the apron idea one step further.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  10:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh Winnie, I love that idea and have JUST the perfect neighbor to do this for! PLUS I will be earning a badge! Win! Win!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  11:38:55 AM  Show Profile
My plan is to do the Bakeover Takeover (with a Bakeover in it of course) to the neighbors as an invite to our Jubilee festivities this year :) I'm hoping to introduce them to the concept of MJF and possibly start a group here...

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  4:09:19 PM  Show Profile
You gals are crockpot full of fabulous ideas! keep 'em coming...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  07:19:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! With as much snow, ice, and cold as we've been hit with this winter, May 2017 Farmgirl Jubilee is sounding mighty nice right now. It falls on May 6 and 7 (Sat. and Sun.) this year. That Saturday is also National Scrapbooking Day (perfect for Jubilee memories) and Sunday is World Laughter Day.

I love your ideas. I can picture my grandgirls making some mini-aprons or growing a mini-garden or both. And I know I'd love putting on an apron and delivering food to someone. I like the idea of baking a loaf of Peace Bread. Or a BakeOver TakeOver.

Let the celebratory preparations begin!

P.S. Girlfriends, I have signed on for two more books, one due in April and one next October. In other words, I'm going to have to sink out of sight somewhat. But I know you'll keep the flame alive! This morning I'm working on the marketing promo my publisher needs for both and found an old bio that put a smile on my face.

What woman working in a male-dominated industry doesn’t need a good old-fashioned, women-only revival every now and then? Some might call it a support group, but MaryJane Butters, who runs a dues-paying organization call the Farmgirl Sisterhood, calls it a lifeline. Upending long-held notions about a woman’s place in the world has been her life’s work, not only in the male-dominated field of construction but also in agriculture. Beginning at age 17, when, serving as a student body officer, she took on the state of Utah simply because she thought it might come in handy to be able to wear pants to school every now and then, especially when her 2-mile walk to school was in sub-zero weather. Once she rallied the other girls in her school, it was only a matter of time. The year after she graduated, their hard work paid off; girls were given permission to wear pants to school. The work of creating social change gets a whole lot easier when you lock elbows with a compatriot, fuel your body properly, and come to the truly contrary realization that being happy is ultimately more important than being right. MaryJane will talk about how important it is to remain playful, no matter the struggle, whatever the outcome. “Give us liberty or give us … girlfriends and popcorn.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  07:48:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the dates, MaryJane. I'm looking forward to your new books and visit us when you are able to take a breather.

I've made my mini-apron pattern and now I need to select the fabric. I wanted to use the MJF fabric I used for mine Jubilee apron but the pattern is too big for a mini-apron. So, I will go with something that will work in my kitchen because I will leave the banner up year-round

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  08:07:46 AM  Show Profile
I love the bio...good luck on your writing! I'm looking forward to your new books!
Go to Top of Page

Windy Meadows Farm
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Mary
Ohio
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  09:12:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm still new and learning...thanks for the Jubilee history! I recently read that 2017 is the year of the rooster, how about a theme that includes planning a chicken-friendly garden around the chicken coop? It would be great for me to learn what the girls should (and shouldn't) eat...plants, veggies, herbs. Along with some fun vintage decorations...I'm feeling inspired!

Mary
https://windymeadowsfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  09:23:50 AM  Show Profile
Mary - Welcome!!! Knowing that 2017 is the year of the rooster, I think the fabrics I will use will include roosters...

MaryJane - Thank you for everything you do!!!! Looking forward to hearing more about your books!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  09:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Mary, good idea for a theme. As other FarmGirls propose themes MaryJane will select one or go with her own idea for a theme.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  09:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes, the small little paths we make become major thoroughfares
in life.. and sometimes, with out our expecting it...we make the 'paths ' for others who are in need, a bit easier ....
These paths are our 'footprint ' in society....for our daughters, grand daughters, and other women.... we give them hope and vision and empowerment ...
It all starts with an idea... even something as practical as being able to wear slacks to school or work in a male dominared environment and not being relegated to "female " jobs /tasks only.

Yippie we are so lucky to have "come a long way baby "....

MaryJane, continue making those paths and encouraging us!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  8:15:00 PM  Show Profile
Jubilee sounds soo exciting. I'm so thankful for finding this forum and for my new friends.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  8:16:36 PM  Show Profile
I agree wholeheartedly Debbie!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  10:41:58 AM  Show Profile
Would love to participate. Looking forward to seeing more details. We have a rooster that is mean as can be. While he does a good job of protecting his hens, we have to carry a broom to the chicken yard for our protection. I guess that is pretty much how many roosters are. If chickens is too limiting as far as finding fabric to match the theme, maybe we could add anything that has feathers.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
Matthew 11:28

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  08:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sara, for getting us thinking about Jubilee 2017. Hmmmmmm . . . I don't have any suggestions for a theme. There are already several really good ones out there. I do like the idea of a rooster/chicken theme since it is the year of the rooster!

Mary Jane, two more books! My goodness! Sounds busy and exciting!
Is your bread book going to be coming out any time soon? I'm looking forward to that one!

You farmgirls all stay warm, dry and safe! The weather is something else out there, especially in some areas!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  08:31:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Chris, to the dreaming and planning of FarmGirl Jubilee 2017.

CeeJay you know how I like to plan ahead and piddle along the way until I get it done. A chicken & rooster theme sounds good to me too. Looking forward to MaryJane's input on the theme.

Isn't it funny how hens & roosters are chickens, but we think of hens as chickens and roosters well as roosters.

You know there is a week left in Jan so we are only a little over 3 months away from the Jubilee. And we all know how time flies.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  08:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great! Can't wait for more details.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  10:44:53 AM  Show Profile
I want to do pennents,aprons and make a banner. My ideas (possibilities) are endless. But like everything else, I have to slow down and pick what I REALLY want. Even tho I want it all..lol..
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  10:49:09 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, that's one of the reasons I like to start early. I can dream what I want to do - do a little - and dream some more. My want to always gets ahead of my can do and pocketbook, but in the end I do the couple of things I really want to do. For me planning is half the fun.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  08:30:28 AM  Show Profile
This year, I am going to be home for the Jubilee and I plan to make it special!! Sara, you are so right, the planning is have of the fun.

Good luck, MaryJane on your two new books. I look forward to reading and adding them to my collection of your past ones. Just yesterday, I pulled out the Ideas book to look up the crocheted dishcloth pattern and decided to re-read the entire book again. Hehe, I've lost track of how many times I have read it!!! There is always some little new tidbit that stands out and makes it worthwhile to read again. This is a Farmgirl Classic!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Let's Talk Jubilee 2017 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page