MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Connection
Join in ... sign up
 
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 If I could have some prayers sent my way please..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic If I could have some prayers sent my way please.. Next Topic
Page: of 2

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  3:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey ladies,

We just found out today that my nephews dog has cancer with a month to live. The vet gave us Tramadol to give to him to keep him comfortable. This is a terrible shock, out of nowhere..We took him in because he was limping on his leg and wasn't getting better. So prayers would be really appreciated. Thank you..

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1241 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1241 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  4:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping that things turn out okay. Saying good-bye to a pet is a very hard thing to do, maybe something will keep it from being necessary.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

7333 Posts

Denise
NJ
USA
7333 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  4:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw, will sure be praying.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7170 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7170 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  4:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww... Debbie! I'm so sorry! I will be praying. So hard. God love and bless your nephew's fur baby, and help you and your family through this! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

1355 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
1355 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  8:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, prayers for your furry family member. ((Hugs)

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

956 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
956 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  9:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie
Prayers for your nephew's doggie. Never easy to get news like this. Also prayers for your nephew.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

2561 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
2561 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  9:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry. Praying for your family and for your furry friend to be pain free.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!







Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3131 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3131 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  05:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad! I'm so sorry! Fur babies are part of the family!!! Praying for you guys through this time!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

4789 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
4789 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  07:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for all of you with this very sad news. I know how special our fur friends are to us in our lives and it is always so hard to see them go.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3263 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3263 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  08:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a dog who had cancer. The vet told me she had a month to live at the most. I had just been laid off from work so I took her to my parents place and let her have a day in the country. She died there and was placed in the pet cemetery on their land. I was so sad from all these losses. The cat was thrilled. <nasty cat>

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  08:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Nora. It's very much appreciated..HUGS



quote:
Originally posted by firecatinc

Hoping that things turn out okay. Saying good-bye to a pet is a very hard thing to do, maybe something will keep it from being neces
sary.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  08:50:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Denise. HUGS


quote:
Originally posted by levisgrammy

Aw, will sure be praying.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  08:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Nini, When we called our nephew he is taking it pretty hard. We have his dog while he's trying to get his life in order and into a new place. He was soo excited to take Duke home with him and now this.HUGS

quote:
Originally posted by Ninibini

Awwww... Debbie! I'm so sorry! I will be praying. So hard. God love and bless your nephew's fur baby, and help you and your family through this! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!



Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  08:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you April..HUGS back..

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer42

Debbie, prayers for your furry family member. ((Hugs)

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  09:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Nancy. Very appreciated. My nephew is very upset. He was looking forward to taking Duke back. Duke's been apart of our family for 3 years.HUGS to you.


quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed

Hi Debbie
Prayers for your nephew's doggie. Never easy to get news like this. Also prayers for your nephew.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  09:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darlene. HUGS.


quote:
Originally posted by HealingTouch

So sorry. Praying for your family and for your furry friend to be pain free.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!









Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  09:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Shannon. HUGS. They sure are. My nephew rescued Duke,fell on hard times lived with us for awhile. He moved out but couldn't take Duke. So we've been keeping him for him and he's getting to where he can take him and now this. It really helps to know people are keeping us in prayers..

quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

So sad! I'm so sorry! Fur babies are part of the family!!! Praying for you guys through this time!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  09:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Winnie. HUGS and yes our animals are very special to us. It just seems so surreal. We figured he sprained his foot and was limping. So we wrapped it. But it wasn't getting better so we were like oh no he mustof broke it..He also started to lose weight (he's a bull mastiff,pit mix. So weightloss is noticeable) Never dreamed it was cancer. Personally I would much rather it of been broken.


quote:
Originally posted by Red Tractor Girl

Prayers for all of you with this very sad news. I know how special our fur friends are to us in our lives and it is always so hard to see them go.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HUGS Marie, thank you for sharing your experience. Not sure where Duke will be laid to rest, I'm thinking most likely here. Unless our nephew wants him cremated. 2015 was a bad year for losses for us. I lost my little Foxy in January,my oldest daughter's dog in April,my sister in May and my husbands wolf/mix in August. They were all older dogs. Foxy was between 9 and 11.Lacey was 12 and Kaiya was 17. I just pray he just goes to sleep one night and slips away. I'm sure our cats will feel the same. HUGS again.

quote:
Originally posted by churunga

I had a dog who had cancer. The vet told me she had a month to live at the most. I had just been laid off from work so I took her to my parents place and let her have a day in the country. She died there and was placed in the pet cemetery on their land. I was so sad from all these losses. The cat was thrilled. <nasty cat>

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2510 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2510 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  09:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Our fur babies sure do capture our hearts, don't they? I don't know what I would do without my dog or my cat. I hope he's not suffering and please give him a hug from me.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcyscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

4002 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
4002 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  11:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew's dog. It breaks my heart to hear when a fur baby is sick. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  4:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad, fur babies are so important. Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  4:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I hope the tramadol works. Take care of yourself. Its not easy seeing a pet suffer.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  09:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You Marcy. I will give Duke HUGS from you. The vet says his foot is not causing any pain. He can't feel it because of the cancer mass in his shoulder.The tramadol is for his shoulder.He's eating a bit more when the tramadol kicks in. My husband and I were on our porch swing last night discussing Duke. And trying to figure out how a dog gets cancer.We can't wrap our mind around it. We're just trying to keep him as comfortable as we can.

quote:
Originally posted by Marcy

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Our fur babies sure do capture our hearts, don't they? I don't know what I would do without my dog or my cat. I hope he's not suffering and please give him a hug from me.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcyscreativeworld.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  09:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Krista. Heartbreaking is very true. With his diagnosis we're going to try to keep him comfortable. However if he starts showing signs that the tramadol isn't working and he's too bad off, then we'll make that other decision. I just hope and pray it doesn't come to that. I pray he peacefully drifts off to sleep. But on a positive note, he is one LOVED furbaby. And we're taking each day as it comes. HUGS to you..

quote:
Originally posted by MaryJanesNiece

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew's dog. It breaks my heart to hear when a fur baby is sick. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts!

Krista

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  09:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kem for the prayers. I can't stress how much they mean to us. HUGS

quote:
Originally posted by Cozynana

So sad, fur babies are so important. Prayers sent.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic If I could have some prayers sent my way please.. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page