HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile
I love winter mainly because of Christmas and all its beauty. My other reasons are the long peaceful evenings---time to watch TV, read and do hobbies. I love walking in the complete silence of a snow storm and the crunch of snow under my feet. I love my warm wood heat and the smell of wood smoke. The browns, greens and greys of the woods are so beautiful nd you can see deep into the hills. The birds are so beautiful at the feeders. And most of all how I love those afternoon naps in the winter sun. For those of you who love winter---why do you love it?

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6819 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6819 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  5:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Ah, winter I count the ways I love thee. First because of MS I feel better in cold and low humidity weather than any other time of the year. Second I am more creative. Third no outside work so I am free to piddle to my hearts content. Fourth I like winter food and clothes.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4114 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  04:49:15 AM  Show Profile
I love winter for all of the reasons listed above. I love to snowshoe and cross country ski. I make my own trails in our woods, enjoying the quiet stillness. I love being out then when it is snowing, so pretty and the sound is relaxing.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9250 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9250 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  06:14:24 AM  Show Profile
I love winter because it seems to be a friendlier time of year. People will be more courteous and helpful it seems to me. At least here. I also love warm cups of something in front of the fire. Movie watching and time in the long evening to work on projects. I love the atmosphere that winter brings and of course I love the holidays we celebrate during the wintertime.
I love cooler weather and I seem to have more energy and want to do more during the wintertime. I love the opportunity to make my home comfy cozy for my family.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 15 2018 06:15:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17027 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17027 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  09:18:48 AM  Show Profile
Luv winter because I don't feel guilty spending way to much time in my messy craft room...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  09:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I like the cooler weather - too cold and my bones ache like right now. Christmas is my favorite holiday - seeing all the decorations and Christmas spirit all around. I agree with Grace, too - more sewing and crafting time.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  10:17:45 AM  Show Profile
Well, we don't exactly get Winter here in Florida. Let's just say, it is a cooler season with a few freezes in January or February(if we are lucky). Winter here usually means wet and damp several days a week, but we also get breezy blue sky chilly days as well.

Like many have mentioned here, I love the more cozy aspects of shorter days and colder nights. Homemade soups, bread, and slow cooking recipes seem to taste just more delicious when a chilly night sets in. I do miss the snows and ice skating of my childhood home in Charlottesville, Va.. The change was always welcomed. Colder weather also makes me feel more energetic and I love being outside.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2018 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Winter is a time for us to slow down. The crops are harvested, the cattle and chickens have adequate shelter and feed and we can relax and enjoy our hobbies in front of the fireplace. It is a time to reconnect with neighbors, family and friends and enjoy some much needed down time.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic reasons I love winter. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page