Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Jennifer
Columbus Georgia
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  05:19:17 AM  Show Profile
Just a note to say hi!

I get newsletters in my email - things you can do with your kids over the summer. Well, our school's-out-summer is about over! My girl goes back to school in less than three weeks. She is working hard on her summer work - reading and writing and geometry - and we are starting to get her school clothes worked out. She will be a sophomore in high school this year and a more helpful, loving child I could not ask for. She is fiercely independent - she does her own laundry and sews some of her own clothes and some of mine, too - she learned how all on her own. She sings like an angel and one of my greatest joys is to hear her singing when she doesn't know I can hear her.

My husband graduated from college this summer and is studying hard for his certification exams next week. He works with computers - cybersecurity. I don't understand much of what he does, but I am so proud of him for finishing college. He wasn't sure he could do it, but I never had a doubt.

As for me, I am working hard to be the best farmgirl/wife/mother I can be. I am no longer able to work outside the home (no great loss, honestly) and so I am dedicating myself to home and hearth. I feel quite optimistic, today. We are fixin' to go to the grocery store and to visit my younger son, who lives on campus, here in town. Them, we will come home and I am going to make some more sun tea and maybe some banana bread.

I hope your days are wonderful.
Jennifer

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6821 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6821 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  06:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer I enjoyed hearing about you and your family. Congrats on your DH graduating Love your tag line and I hope your days are wonderful too.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2209 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2209 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  10:04:11 AM  Show Profile
Time invested in family is more valuable. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  10:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jennifer, sounds like a huge blessing to me!!!! I know women who long for that kind of life!! Sounds just wonderful! Enjoy your visit with your son and wowser, congrats to both your husband and daughter! Sounds like you are the perfect farmgirl mom and wife to me!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6712 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6712 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  11:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Nice to meet you Jennifer! Thank you for stopping by to say hi and tell us a little about your family! Congratulations to your husband in his recent accomplishment. I bet it makes him feel so excited and proud. Your daughter sounds amazing. My little girl is only 1, but I know she will grow up to be an amazing young woman. You sound like a fantastic Farmgirl/wife/mother already. Keep up the amazing work. That banana bread sound delicious right now.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  5:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jennifer! I always love to hear from farmgirl friends on this forum! Thanks for sharing your family and home life with us and congratulations to your husband on his education accomplishment! It's never to late to fulfill your dreams! Your days as a farmgirl, mother, wife sound lovely - you sound content. That is a true gift!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good morning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page