True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  1:36:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

Seems my hubby is sleeping the day away!!! it is !:00 and he is still in bed. I got up & did everything I needed to do to keep the
house cooled down for another 100 degree day! It was brutal out there yesterday.

I got to go to see my kids and grands, on Saturday. I picked the cooler of the 3 days to go because I knew my hubby would not
take the dog out in that heat. Anyway, I had a lovely day with them. They BBQ'd Salmon, and Shrimp Skewers and Corn on the Cob.
It tasted so fabulous. I only get BBQ when I go to their house. We can do Propane BBQ's at the Apartments but my husband doesn't
eat meat (or I should say can't eat meat. And it isn't worth all that work to do it for me. Then Patti bought these yummiest
big cookies that had raspberry jam inside them and powdered sugar on top and with a perfect s cup of coffee made the best top-off
to the Perfect Dinner!! Later we sat out around the Fire Pit and visited and laughed and just enjoyed the evening. My husband
called once to find out when I was coming home! LOL. I swear he just wanted me home to take the dog out!! LOL He did it once
for the 8 hours I was gone so, that was enough for him. It is a good thing I love this man to pieces!!!

Judy...well, hello bud. I thought maybe you and Patsy got lost in the wilderness or something. We've missed your funny personality
charming our socks off.

Judith...I went out every night searching for the Comet but never finding it. I could see both the Big and Little Dippers but no Comet. I
think the Comet was lower in the sky than what I could see. If I had driven over to Vancouver Lake, I probably would have caught a
glimpse. The News Channel showed some very Awesome Photos that Oregonians captured. A Stunning one of it over the Ocean was
my Favorite!!

Denise...I am so glad you got to be at your Grand-daughters Baptism. That is always such a Special Time. We saw a Baptism at our
Church two Sundays ago (via Computer). I didn't know the young man...but I can always Rejoice over someone making that all-important
decision to surrender their life and heart to follow Jesus.

Hi Grace...glad you jumped on The Porch for a minute before you and hubby headed into Spokane. Are they still protesting there?
Portland and Seattle have just gotten out of hand!! Portland downtown is so destroyed nobody wants to (or even can) go back to
work because their buildings have been so destroyed. Everything that we loved about Portland has been taken away and the
Governor and Mayor do NOTHING! Same with Seattle. I'm glad it is an Election Year and we can get some of these people out of
Office.

Well, My Porch Buds...find a Blessing in your Day and Pass it along to someone else. God showers us with such Abundance that
surely we can find time to share!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2020 1:38:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  09:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,

I DID get lost in the wilderness and just found my way back!

Took the button off the Fav Bar and forgot to put the new one on it so there I was and then of course

I forgot all about it and here we are.

Stinking hot weather here. So much rain though is making it like living in the Amazon! The grass is so

thick and juicy that my mowing crew is sloughing through all the muck that the wet grass makes as it

cakes up under their mowers. We are usually dry and brown this time of year. Weird weather..

My 12 x 24 fenced garden is doing great with pretty flowers and veggies. Been eating bush beans. Peas finally gave up.

Roma tomatoes (paste kind) are in pretty bunches and filling out nicely. Still green, but won't be long till I

can take that first bite! Had a couple zucchini so far. Blossoms seem to fall off though before fruit forms. Don't know

what to think. A few have made fruit that yellowed and fell off at about an inch or two long. Weird.

Down to 2 chickens still that give me an egg or 2 every day or so. Will get new chicks in the spring.

I'm ready for Fall.. anybody else with me?

Take care and stay cool..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  12:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Yes!Fall please! I’m melting in Mississippi.

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  12:43:07 PM  Show Profile
I'M so ready for Fall. I've been ready since the first day of hot weather. Hurry up October!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  2:03:15 PM  Show Profile
I just want August to come so we can have some 80s days.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  3:03:45 PM  Show Profile
That's why I want it to be October; we always have nice 70s-80s in October. It's usually warm until the week before Halloween. Then it suddenly turns cold so you freeze in the skimpy outfit you made for Halloween. It took me many years to figure that out.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  5:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello all
Just a short sit here at porch. I am busy getting ready for school and all the possible ways that could look like. We are opening with multiples of plans in place. Can't wait to see my sweet kiddos.
Still arguing with state over our house. Pretty soon I don't have any wings left to slap them, they are terrible.
I have become a plant queen . I have 15 dear indoor plants all with names and thankful they are forgiving plants when I over love on them,
We so need rain the crops here are not doing well due to lack of rain.
Well I best skidaddle
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  04:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
I'm with you all - Fall is needed and wanted! Though it's been usually signaled by the return of College Football. Not sure it will have the same cathartic effect in 2020 but we shall see! Tammy - sending prayers and rain your way!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  06:40:18 AM  Show Profile
We are having some wonderful rain today. The grass will be greener and taller. But the temps are in the 70s and for that I am grateful this last day of July.

The moved the start of school for the grands in Ohio to the 23-25 of August. I think it was the 6th to start with. They are offering a couple of different ways of what school will look like this year.

Needing a nap today. For some reason, the first in a long time I could not get to sleep. Read to get sleepy and finally around 1 I went to sleep. I am a light sleeper so when JT got up at 2 I woke but was able to get back to sleep around 230 to sleep until 630 my normal time for rising. That was not enough sleep so I went back to sleep at 7 for an hour. Going on about 6 hrs, usually get about 7. Feeling it till I finish my cup of caffeine.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  06:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies! I'm back from a week of hot camping. It's slightly better back home. Had to vacuum all the spider webs that formed on my screened in porch while I was gone. They sure take over quickly. (I'm hoping hubby can rescreen the porch this fall so I can cut down on the critters out there).

We have an arborist coming out today to survey our trees. Fingers crossed we won't have to take a bunch down. I do love my trees but have a few that are a little scary.

Have a great day and I'm with all of you wishing for autumn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  1:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, we're having a chilly spell right now. It's been raining for 3 days now, which I love, but today I had to shut most of my windows AND put long sleeves on. 68 after 90, that feels like fall for sure. I just made a bowl of tomato-basil soup. That'll warm my cockles... *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  2:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Just lost my Post!!! Back some other time!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  2:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
We've had quite the day. Isaias made a visit. Took out a tree that did some damage to one of our outbuildings. There are limbs everywhere and we have had no power for almost 6 hrs now. So hanging out with hubby. Went to get something to eat. Lots of traffic lights out and trees downed alot of places. Thankfully nothing worse. We were under tornado warning this morning. Sun is out birds are singing and we will be doing lots of clean up.
Hope you all are well and safe.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 05 2020 4:08:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  4:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow, sorry about the out building, but I’m glad you are ok. It seemed like it all happened quickly.

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2020 :  12:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Denise: So sorry about all that mess but glad it's not worse than that. You can't replace a life.

Deb: I miss my screened in porch but also hate spideys..

Come back Peggy...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2020 :  4:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca and Patsy, building can be repaired. As far as I know there was no one hurt in this storm. There was a tornado touch in Massachusetts I think it was. Or Maine. Not sure which. This is why I prefer fall weather.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  09:40:44 AM  Show Profile
I need to go back and catch upon what I have missed, but am so glad I found you guys!!! I have been searching for the goldthread, and finally went and looked on what I have posted on to find it! Oh my have I talked a lot around here, hahaha. Anyways, I need run here in a couple minutes, but wanted to stop by and say hi! We got through our 4H fair... headed to state this next week. The kids have 24 projects in state fair this year, about a third of which I have to drop off on Monday. Then on Saturday, three of them are in the style show. Tomorrow we have to butcher meat birds... and also on Monday I'm looking to purchase a new buck. It is always something!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  10:47:44 AM  Show Profile
Sorry for your Puter Gremlins Peggy. Get a broom after 'em!
Denise, take care of you & Yours, Girl! That's what's important! YES INDEEDY...I too prefer Fall
For soooo many GREAT reasons!! BTW, I like your tagline about being a bookaholic! Cute & True!
Shannon, Wow, it's been awhile! Whatcha been up to?
We are still in the upper 70's and I'm NOT complaining ONE BIT!!! ;}

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  12:59:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

Judy...Let's hope the computer Gremlins stay away today!! I have enough going on in my life at the moment without them little buggers!
We also are having 10 hours of no water in our units today as the work on a broken pipe. Always something going on at these
Apartments. What have you been doing girl???

Denise...I am so with you when it comes to being a Bookaholic and desiring no cure for the addiction! I have been
both reading and listening to some Amazing good books this summer. Anybody else read more than one book
at a time??? I am listening to one, reading another one, and then reading my Passion Bible Daily! ~ Sorry about the
Storm cleaned up...but Praise God no bodily damage or deaths your way. The Carolina Coast had a few deaths I
heard. Nobody needed that terrible mess on-top of COVID and Election CrAzY-ness.

THERE IS RAIN TODAY GIRLS!!! I RAISE A HALLELUJAH!!!!

SHANNON...Hello Sweetness...how are you doing??? Yes, you have been gone too long...but we are so very
glad that you found The New Porch!!! We know you are always busy but stop on more and keep us company
now that you know the Porch didn't collapse in the Storm. lol

Patsy...I came back!!! Where are you girl??? I'm jumping and waving!!

Becky...how are you doing???

Deb...what was the news on your trees??? We are having some of the big pines cut down around
the Apartment Complex. Some are very old and rather scary too...but I'm with you...I love the Trees!

D...other than Hockey...I doubt there is going to be much of any sports to enjoy this Fall/Winter/Spring.
I love Football...I am going to really miss the College Games and NFL. I'm pretty sick of TV!!!

Teacher Tammy...Our Schools are going to stay closed and the kids will do their lessons on the Computer.
I'm one that believes schools need to open. I see my grandson Elijah being really afraid to play with the
neighborhood kids right now. He fears getting COVID and he is really nervous around them. 6 months
or more of Schools being closed is not good for the kids. BUT the Teachers are afraid to go back and
teach. So, what can you do? How do you feel about it??? ~ Sorry, that you are still having to fight the
State + County on your property. You are in my prayers girl.

Okay...I better not push my luck with the Puter Gremlins.

Keeping you all safely tucked into my prayers and heart!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2020 :  2:11:26 PM  Show Profile
To be honest, ladies, I went through a really hard spell of depression. Losing Cassie and the ability to have more children, hit me really hard. And then the virus hit our nation, and I just wanted to up and quit! I'm doing better now, but I definitely still have my days. I truly do not know how anyone deals with life, without Christ!

June and July was spent on our 4H fair... My five 4H aged children completed 98 projects!!! This includes quilts, a dresser made from scratch, clothing, bookshelf, and so much more!!!! I am really proud of what they accomplished!!! We have also been helping pack up my parents' house in SD - my dad's health is really poor, so they will be staying closer to MD, which means we need to get their house in SD ready to sell. A LOT of work needs to be done!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  10:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Shannon- So glad you're working on the upside. Sounds like you - like many of the rest of us are ready to join the 2021 club. There's no real need to finish out this one. I'm willing to add 4 months to the 2021 calendar to make up for it. Anyone have ideas for names??? Flocktober??? Lunember??? Kevin??

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2020 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile
Loving your thought process D! Yes, definitely ready to leave 2020 in the past!

It's been a busy few days, but what else sinew!?!? Friday we butchered 96 meat birds. Funny story... our 2 year old got to help cut the birds this time around... she was so excited, carne running in, and told me she cut the chicken's bum bum. Y'all I don't think I will ever look at butchering quite the same!

Then on Monday we took the kids' stuff down to state fair, and then drove another couple hours to pick up a new buck. Hoping for some spectacular babies from him!

I need to sit down and figure out the kids' school. We have been pretty relaxed with their schooling this summer, whereas I usually school pretty heavily still over the summer. Saturday we are headed back to state for the styling judging.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2020 :  11:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Good~ Late Morning My Porchies...

I can hardly believe that it is Thursday already. For me the weeks are flying by (it might just be Old Age)
but we will be in 2021 before I am ready. I still want more Summer. We have had a nice cool week but
The HOTNESS will be back Sat, Sun, and Monday. Close to triple digits. Last Sunday we went on a Family
hike which was wonderful! I posted pictures on FB. Just under 5 miles. The kids did great! They loved it.
I went to their house for dinner last night! and I have to say my DIL is the best little cook and Baker ever.
I am glad my son married someone with all the qualities of a Mother, Housewife, Seamstress, Gardener,
and Teacher. Plus she has two businesses she runs from home. I just love her to pieces. So, many young
women these days don't even know how to cook when they get married. They need to bring Home-Ec
back to Schools. I made my boys take it. And I taught them how to do their own laundry when they were
in grade school. All three of my boys can cook, sew, and run their own businesses. I remember one
Thanksgiving when Sadie was sick and they had invited all the Families over for Dinner...and I walk in
and Shane is cooking dinner, holding a baby on his hip, and talking on the phone closing a House Sale.
His in-laws were totally impressed. lol And he didn't want any of us to help except to set the Table.l

Shannon...your are your usual busy self aren't you? I am glad you are on the up-swing honey and doing
a bit better. I know how hard this has all been for you. And you will have difficult days for years to come
but the heart-wrenching pain will lessen as the years go by. I still celebrate my little Stephanie even
all these years later. 33 to be exact. And I know I will see her someday. After Jesus,
she will be the second person I will look for.

D...I'm with you as far as The COVID 2020 Year (I'm so ready to move on) ~ but my gut tells me that
the first half of 2021 is going to look much the same. I pray that I am wrong, however.

Well, Ladies...have an amazing day and find something to do that brings YOU PURE JOY!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 13 2020 12:05:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2020 :  1:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh D you make me laugh! I vote for Kevin! LOL.

Yesterday was a very low day for me. It's the in between week for when my parents both passed, one the 5th the other the 19th. The weather was not helping and family was visiting. Someone who was also close to my parents. So we reminisced. Not sure if it was a good thing or not.

Finally today we have had sunshine. We have so much rain since last October. Our temps this week are to be in the low 80's so I definitely looking forward to that. Especially if they are sunny days!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  10:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Denise - So sorry to hear you were having a down day! Those suck in a hard way. I've had my share. It seems everything here is trying to break on me this year - and last week my 3rd furry baby to pass on this year did so in my arms on the way to the vet. We need the bad to appreciate the good. I was really searching for it, and last night I checked my chicken ladies before to bed and found one had gifted me my first egg! It does not erase the pain and agony, but I was reminded how the simplest of things can bring joy if we are open to it.

May you all be showered in simple gifts every day!!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page