levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2020 :  06:24:05 AM  Show Profile
I notice there are many more people becoming aware of made in the U.S. items. Hopefully if there is a bigger demand someone will sit up and take notice.

We have had the sleep# for 3 nights and the first night was great as I used the number I had liked in the store. Of course you never know if it will work for a whole night of sleep. But I woke with a lot less sciatic pain and we had our July 4th picnic with the family. It was good until the evening. The second night I changed it up by 5 and slept that way and yesterday was terrible with pain from it. So back down it went to the original number and this morning it's good. We do have 3 rooms in our house that are the most used, dr,lr and kitchen that all have the flooring over cement pad. Chiropractor says that is not good but until we move nothing can be done about it. Anyway, I think I've found my number and though it is early on I do think we will be happy with this bed.
Today I am catching up on house chores and then have some needlework I want to work on.
We are under a heat advisory today. It is supposed to be 90 which normally isn't extreme but with the heat index is making it bad. JT has to work outside so I made sure he took lots to drink and told him to take breaks. He's heading to the city which is much worse than out here in the countryside. Hope you all had a good holiday.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2020 :  06:30:06 AM  Show Profile

Sitting on my porch listening to all the morning sounds. Cicadas are really active today. I wonder if it’s because of the high humidity? Birds are singing. I just heron on the shore. I need to do some gardening before the sun comes over the trees. I pulled a cabbage from the garden - the beetles and some tiny little worm have been busy on it. Hoping I can salvage most of it.

Denise - do you have an ergo type mat for places you do a lot of standing? I had one by the kitchen sink and it made a world of difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2020 :  1:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...It has been a crazy morning around here. I just got my kitchen and dining room back together 2 weeks ago and now they are doing
New Foyers in the Apts. and So I had to go bring all my Decore in from the Hall and they have been working out there since 8:00 AM this morning. Hopefully,
they will finish it up tomorrow and I can redecorate out there. We still will be having the Buildings repainted probably in Aug. And that will be another major
event for me to deal with. I try to remember that it will all be worth it in the end...but I also know they will raise the rent again. My husband gets mad because
non of the Workers are wearing face masks and they are always knocking on the door to chat with you about something. I don't have the same phobias he
does about the mask-wearing which even makes him angry. So, I do all the talking to them but he doesn't even want me to go to the door. His greatest
fear is having to go back to the hospital and be put back on a Respirator. They told him last time that they were shocked he made it out of there. Last night
he got in such a freak out about the whole mask thing and his kids wanting to come to see him...I thought he was going to have a heart attack. He is
just scared beyond reason and hard to deal with. Good thing we all love him dearly because he is becoming one of those Grumpy Old Men. you hear
about in life.

Not much happening here. We had a boring July 4th! Thank The Lord the fireworks were really only a couple of nights. By law, they are only supposed to
do them on the 4th and they usually do them for a full week. But it was pretty decent this year. Much to my dog's relief!!

My youngest son is still working from home...he refuses to go back to work where non of his co-workers will wear masks. But he and Sadie have each lost
a friend in their 30's from COVID. So, young to die but I keep sharing with them that you only go when your time comes and it won't matter if it's from COVID
or what. God says he numbers our days even before we are born. So, when your day is up...it's up. I guess I don't have the fear of dying that so many do.
I don't wish to go now because I want more time with my Grand-kids but If I go...I'm ready.

Deb...your yard looks inviting with the sun coming through the trees. Even though we live in an Apartment complex, we have a lot of green space and tall trees
around us too. It is so nice! You kind of don't feel like you are so close to the City because of it. That is a blessing to me.

Denise...it does sound like you have found your ideal number for yourself on. your bed. How is hubby doing with it? Our Thrift Stores haven't even opened for
drop-offs yet. That is all I'm wanting anyway. We keep checking...our Gov. is a pain in the backside about everything. He froze us in phase 2 and had even
considered taking us back to phase one. But he didn't!

Well, I won't keep boring you all as there really isn't much to share when you are doing "NOTHING". lol

Have a great rest of your week.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2020 :  11:15:44 AM  Show Profile
Deb,
I do not but someone else mentioned that to me. Where do they sell those?

Peggy, JT is doing good with his number too. I still have pain when I sit a lot in the office but I try to remember to get up and walk around. The dog usually keeps me jumping up and down for the in and out times. LOL!

We are in the process of painting our upstairs hall. We thought it would be a breeze but we had to do quite a bit of spackling so waiting for that to dry so we can move on. Painting may come tomorrow. There is always other things to keep us busy.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  12:06:30 PM  Show Profile
The walls are all done and now just have to do the trim.
Why is it that you never really get the jobs done until it's time to sell the house? Lol. At least it's always been that way in every house we've owned. It turned out real nice. We still have a couple more things to get done. I wish they were small things but they are not unfortunately.
Hope all of you are staying cool wherever you may be!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  12:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Denise! I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics appreciated so we can admire your work! :)

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2020 :  07:24:59 AM  Show Profile
I am taping off around the trim today so I don't get any trim paint on those nice fresh walls. I am also touching up places we missed with our second coat. Couldn't tell till the paint was dry.

I am also working on an apron this morning for a swap. It is a pattern I have never done before an I'm hoping comes out well. I may make myself one because I love the pattern.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2020 :  08:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Denise - Walmart sells anti-fatique mats. Maybe you'll find some relief using one.

Gearing up for a hot steamy few days. Got all my outside work done now onto the inside. Trying out a recipe for yellow squash snack cake. A neighbor gifted us with tons of squash.

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2020 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info on the mat Deb. Would love to get them for the kitchen.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2020 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Denise -- it was like that in every house I lived in too. I started resenting fixing my house up for someone else to enjoy. Maybe that's why we're not doing much to this house; I don't want to move. Ether that or we're just to old to climb ladders and such.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2020 :  07:46:50 AM  Show Profile
Denise - do you use inserts in your shoes? I have to have them in mine and I always have shoes on otherwise I'm miserable. I have plantar faciatis (how do you spell that?) and arthritis in my feet. If I happen to not have shoes on for a length of time I get back pain.

Hot again. Got my gardening work done early. I have to run to town for neem oil for the garden and trees. Something is eating all the leaves off our fruit trees. An insect not deer.

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2020 :  6:37:38 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Deb I do use them in my shoes and if I go barefoot in the house too much I get back pain. The cement pad floors are not good for me. They don't seem to bother anyone else here but then I am the one who spends the most time here.

Judith I do feel resentful at times because I always wonder why it's okay to make it nice when we are going to sell but never so we can actually enjoy it that way. We have always had unfinished things to live with until we sell. Every house has been that way. Oh well. I'll enjoy it until we do move.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2020 :  07:17:41 AM  Show Profile
Denise, we too, are on a concrete slab. I have these mats in my kitchen, and will never go back. They are pricy, but worth every penny.
I have a longer one in front of my sink/dishwasher area, and a smaller one in front of my stove. If you get a neutral color, hopefully it will work in your new home as well.
My sister has sciatica, and I know it can be downright debilitating.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=imprint+cumuluspro&i=garden&crid=MRTB9CVIXWBG&sprefix=imprin%2Cgarden%2C230&ref=nb_sb_ss_ac-a-p_2_6
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2020 :  9:48:01 PM  Show Profile
Denise...somehow I didn't know you were selling your house. I feel the same way about cars. I have had to put up with cars that my hubby said he would
fix up for me...for years and not just one. But one in particular comes to mind. I had this cute little burgundy Renaud (I think that is spelled right) and after
I drove it for 3 yrs...hubby asked me if we could fix it up and give it to his youngest daughter for her High School Graduation. And he promised he would
buy me a different car. So, I agreed a bit reluctantly, I might add. Well, he gets a new paint job on it, puts a spoiler on the back of it, a car bra on the front
of it. Did some inside fixes to make it look pretty on the inside and a bit girlie. And then I drove it to Spokane to give to her and he drove the Family Car.
Inside...I was pretty miffed. Why hadn't he done those things for me???? She loved it but had to be taught how to drive a stick and then ended up totaling
the car in less than a. year. Then I was more than miffed! But I had to hold it all inside. So, my next car...I picked out and I paid for myself so I got just
what I wanted. It looked good, it was small which is what I preferred, and it got fabulous gas mileage. When, I sold that car 6 years later I was able to sell it for
the exact price I paid for it. I felt pretty darn car savvy after that. LOL ~ So, what is it with men that they only do the work when they are going to sell
something??? I don't get that at all!!!

Lisa...I love those mats myself. I need to replace the one I had in my kitchen. After years it was looking fairly worn and I pitched it in the trash and haven't
replaced it because of the COVID. I should just order one online. They are great for floors that are over concrete slabs.

Deb...I have your same foot ailments plus Fibromyalgia in my feet too. I have to always wear arch supports or a high arch insole and I can never walk barefoot
even to just run to the bathroom at night. I miss walking on sandy beaches barefoot but when I have I always pay for it later.

Judith...that is one nice thing about living in Apartments...other people do that work for you...even the yard work. It is a huge blessing when you get older!

Well, this weekend and all next week we will be in the high 80's to the mid 90's...so, I will be spending a lot of time in the Apt. where it is cool.
Tomorrow, I am going to spend the day with my youngest and his family. I Love Grandkid Time. Lifts my spirit for sure.

This week was such a busy week. I think we did more things outside the house than we have since January. Had to Take the dog to the Vet for 3 shots
and a wellness furbaby check. I thought Snickers had put on extra lbs ....I figured he must weigh about 35 lbs but he was still 28 lbs...so it must have been
all that extra hair. Then I cut my husband's hair and beard...it looks like he had a "Make-over" according to our youngest son. Then we had curbside
grocery pickup, had to go to the Pharmacy, The Post Office, and then yesterday Snickers went to the Groomer. I had her cut him as short as possible.
So, for those of us still in lock-down we got a lot accomplished.

Hope you all have a Blessed Sonday!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 18 2020 9:52:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2020 :  03:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
Not sure the time frame yet. Hopefully soon. I'm so ready to get out of this state. It's getting ridiculous here. It has been for quite a few years now.

I have made a mental list of what I want to look for in the next house. Definitely needs a basement bigger than a lunchbox. Lol. We also are not retiring age so a job is going to make a difference as to where.

Definitely looking into those mats. Haven't been out to check on them yet.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2020 :  10:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Happy Tuesday Sisters of the Porch! Hope your week is going great!

Things here continue to be things here.... Mom still has no hot water in the shower (for those of you still tracking this one). Had a NEW plumber out, and $250 later he determined it's a cartridge in the brand new Moen valve. Supposedly ordered a new one (under warranty) 2.5 weeks ago. Still waiting.

I have been desperately trying to merge in everything from the ATL house now that it's cleaned out and listed (not a good time to be on the market in the suburbs of ATL apparently). Lots of trips to the dump and limited trips to donation centers. I'm rounding the corner there. Condensation pump on main floor A/C gave out last week. Last weekend was maintenance weekend. Everything gets Oil change, filters, spark plugs, new blades, etc - what ever is needed.

One of our fields is 12 acres (largest and most steep side of a hill) which was hayed by a neighbor previously for his cows...Apparently he decided that he did not need hay any more. Would not answer phone calls or texts. It all went brown (at about 4 feet high) ANywhoo - needed to start getting that knocked down if only to keep the field rat population under control. About then it became 90+ degrees every day (no rain for 13 days so far) - so I can't mow in the middle of the day (outside of working) as the tractor over heats. Did 8 hours on it so far (even doing by headlight at 5a Monday!!!) and have half of it done. Had hoped to complete it as I am headed to NY to see husband for 2 weeks - Thursday night. Yesterday the Deere commercial grade mower decided to act up - It's having heat stroke as well. That appears to be a bad ignition coil and THANKFULLY is under warranty.

I'm guessing the brown fields will still be 4 feet high and brown when I get back, so I'm tempering my disappointment over not getting that complete. Hopefully the mower comes back before I do - otherwise I might have to get work lights installed on the tractor and mow at midnight!

Stay safe!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2020 :  11:10:10 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you have your hands full. I think I wold rather cut that hay at night if the weather is in the 90s.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2020 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies... It has been so busy the last few weeks, that I hardly have time to sit down until night when I work on
my diamond painting. I have a Roaring 20's Flapper I am working on right now. She is turning out really well. Plus I have finished
two books so far while I listen as I work. It has been way to HOT to walk even in the evenings. We are suppose to hit 100 this
weekend. Today is lovely and only supposed to be 81. I voted this morning, put in a Grocery Order and will go get it at 4:00.
My biggest order of the month...so putting it all away will take awhile. The dog is doing much better after finally getting his
hair cut. Still fighting a flea problem, however. I have a really good KNOCKOUT Spray for the carpets, dog beds, etc...but I am
afraid to use it because of my husband and his breathing issues. He hasn't felt very good the last few days.

Haven't seen the kids for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, we can get together this weekend. Last weekend Sadie thought she
might be getting Covid...so I couldn't risk going over there. But she tested Negative on Monday. So, thankful for that.

Well, Hope you all are staying cool and comfortable!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2020 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, just stopping by to say 'HI', but not much happening here. Dave's on vacation... but what does that mean? Nuttin'! Can't go anywhere or do anything. It just means he can finally get some rest. He needs it. They kept him from taking a vacation all Spring. Now he's finally allowed. They don't treat medical staff right AT ALL!!! Oh well... we WILL get thru this...I Pray!
Stay safe Porch-Buds!! I love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2020 :  3:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Nothing much going on here so far today. It wasn't too awfully hot this morning - low 80s, so I got a morning walk in. Don't have to cook tonight cuz we have left over soup. Finishing up my sunbonnet for the swap. We're going to head up to the hills tonight to see if we can spot the comet. Any excuse to get out of the house!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2020 :  4:08:17 PM  Show Profile
That sounds nice. A drive up into the hills. Let us know if you see the comet. I haven't yet. All I can say is that we're having the dog days in Mississippi. Nasty hot.

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  6:26:15 PM  Show Profile
We didn't get to see the comet.

We are spending some time with grands. Our 9 yr old granddaughter is getting baptised on Sunday and we didn't want to miss it.

I've been working on a cross stitch project I started quite some time ago and I brought to work on in the evenings after the little ones go to bed. Coming along slowly. It is large so I don't expect to get it done for awhile yet.

Hope Every one is having a good weekend.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  7:17:22 PM  Show Profile
I might have seen the comet. Maybe. I saw a fuzzy star through the binoculars in approximately the right position from the Big Dipper. It was most unremarkable. DH said he didn't see anything at all. But we had a great time, taking our picnic dinner with us, spending the night and lazying around in the morning until it got too hot then coming back home. All in all it was a nice little escape from being housebound.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  08:32:21 AM  Show Profile
Sounds lovely Judith. We all need a little escape now and then.
Had fantastic time with the littles and their parents. It's always sad to leave. But I always have so much on my mind to get done when we return home. Lol
We have 3 younglings at home to spend time with too.
~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 27 2020 09:05:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  09:48:11 AM  Show Profile
Just peeking in,,, and wowzers,, your porches are busy!..
We just got our hay cut/bailed and picked up...
Today,, hubby and I need to drive into Spokane,, Home Depot.. Hubby needs a post driver.. so we will mask up...and I told him I needed a fabric store fix.. so we will head out in a bit.. not looking forward to being in town.. but am happy to be able to wander through a fabric store for a few minutes..

Have a lovely sunny day...
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page