hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2021 :  6:20:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Denise! It feels so good to be back!

Heather - that is wonderful to hear! We certainly did not intend on having a baby in December. Usually we start breeding the end of October so they start freshening the end of March... but apparently our buck was eager to start his job this season! He jumped the fences and uh, went to work. The die is a first time freshener, which makes me more nervous... I'm hoping things go smoothly!!! How hard is it for you to get hay where you are? We actually had to buy in bulk this year which is the first time we have done that! Thankfully we only need about one bale every four weeks! Once it gets colder, they will probably need more than that though.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2021 :  9:26:16 PM  Show Profile
Well, from here on out, there'll be no porch sitting for me until Spring,,, hello snow...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  5:09:44 PM  Show Profile
Heather, we've had snow 3 times now that has stuck and stayed a few days. I can't believe you've only had flurries. We're suppose to have a rain/snow mix tonight. Could get a little 'slippy' if that happens. Glad we got a few things done today. Tomorrow we can stay in. My sister sold her house today. She's moving back to Ohio. eeeeekkk!!!
I'm SO excited. She'll only be an hour away instead of 7 hours! Did I mention, I'm SO excited. My nephew bought a 47 acre farm in N.W. Ohio, close to Youngstown where he's finishing out his last couple of years in the Air Force. There was a ranch home for sale at the one end of it on a 1 acre parcel that she bought. So handy for them both. eeeeekkk!
Have a good evening gals. Stay safe and stay warm.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  5:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Judy - send some of that snow this way will you!?! We're going to be in the lower 40's with rain tonight - no snow :( So happy to hear you'll have a lot more sister time soon!!!!

Shannon - earlier this year it was a bit tough to get hay. Our winter came back after things started growing and hit the alfalfa hard. Second cutting got destroyed by leaf hoppers. We were lucky and had some cover crops on a friends farm that we made into baleage (fermented hay bales) and then when we needed to buy more hay the weather straightened out. We had a very warm October and the guy we buy most our hay from was able to get a 5th cutting. The prices are ridiculous due to the western droughts and a warehouse fire that destroyed a lot of the silage wrap - making it hard to come by and cost a lot (like everything else right now, huh?!?) I wish we only fed one bale every few weeks. We feed 4 big square bales a day and get a semi load delivered every 8-10 days!! It'll be so nice to buy a farm and make our own feed!!!

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm not yet, but I never am LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2021 :  4:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi gal pals,

I'm still in shock that I put my house up for sale on Friday and by next Thursday it sold! WOW! That was fast and I got my asking price. Unreal!

I can't wait either Sizzers! Now I need lots of boxes ... sigh ... not looking forward to packing at all ...

Closing on new house on Dec. 28 ... and time marches on ...

Since I just got over Covid I'm not doing Christmas or cookie baking because I need all my energy for moving which is in about 40-45 days.

Take care and stay well.

We were just issued a Tornado Watch till 2 am on the 11th!

I WANT SNOW! ...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Dec 10 2021 4:23:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2021 :  4:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Sissy...HIIIII...(waving madly)
TORNADO....What in the world??? It's December!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2021 :  6:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Wow Patsy - that was fast! I heard that it's a sellers market right now. I'm glad everything is falling into place for you. We have high winds and severe thunderstorms tonight. I haven't heard about a tornado watch though. It must be quite a front though - it's supposed to keep warming up through the night to 62 degrees then tomorrow the temps are supposed to fall all day down to 28!!! But it's going to stop raining so no snow here either.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2021 :  9:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Patsy,, congrats and have fun moving..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2021 :  08:38:50 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! What a whirlwind of a weekend! We got snow on Friday and should have been snowed in, but dared to face the roads everyday! Friday was the kids' 4H Christmas party. We went caroling to our local extension office as well as the Court House. WE called it quits after that, as the walking down the street was becoming more treacherous. Getting home was definitely the adventure! Then on Saturday, we braved the roads again for the kids' Christmas church program practice and the womens' Christmas party for church. A friend drove me halfway home that night, to our exit, where my hubby was suppose to pick me up. What normally takes about 25 minutes for him to travel, took 45 minutes! The snow had drifted terribly and the road was ice! While I was gone, our goat freshened - a doeling and buckling. As a first time momma, she is doing amazingly well! We decided to stay home from church yesterday morning and let some of the snow melt! When we headed out to the church yesterday afternoon for the kids' Christmas Church program, the roads were pretty clear and dry, praise God! THe kids all did an amazing job!!!! I am so very proud of them! All eight were in the play, with five of them having speaking parts! Our oldest son did not have a speaking part - however, he was Joseph! He got to hold Baby "Jesus" - which was a 4 day old newborn. Y'all, I cried watching him hold her!!! It is suppose to get uploaded, and when it does, I will let you know, for those who want to watch it.

Judy and Patsy - I am SO GLAD you guys are going to live so close together again! What a blessing!!!!! Patsy - tornadoes are no fun! And I agree - December!?!?

Heather - any luck finding land to grow your own hay? We have discussed growing our own, but I am terribly allergic to alfalfa (too much = asthma attack), so I'm not sure how I would deal with having a field next to us full of it!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2022 :  12:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Wow! Where is everyone? Hope all are well.

I've been packing my heart out. I think I can say I'm done packing. What a job! House and garage and a big pole building with lawn tractor, tiller and such in it.

My son is coming Friday in the afternoon. He will get a U-haul on Saturday morning and pack all day. Not sure when we hit the road, but by Sunday for sure.

Shannon, it sounds like when my kids were in the Christmas program and all 5 enjoyed every minute of it. In fact, one time my youngest was about 2 months old, so he had

the honor of playing baby Jesus! Too cute! He was such a good baby too.

Well, more later. Probably be in Ohio next time I write in here. Take care. Love and hugs and prayers to and for all.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  10:26:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy! Are you moving to Ohio? We love it since our move here in August.
I thought I posted here the other day but don't see it so I must not have.
Babysitting my 3 yr old grandson today. I have him every Thursday. We enjoy our time together.
Wishing you safe travels!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 13 2022 10:29:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  3:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yes Denise. Moving to Ohio. Judy lives about an hour or so from me. Can't wait to see her again. Been years!

Thanks for the travel wishes. Not sure what the weather holds, might get snowed in.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  3:14:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm glad you will be coming to Ohio and I hope you gals love being together. It's always fun to be near your sister!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  05:32:56 AM  Show Profile
Pasty,
So this is the weekend! Excited for you. I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your new home!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2022 :  10:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, well Patsy, my nephew and his wife got here JUST ahead of that big snow storm. We got about 18 inches. She's coming here this weekend to stay awhile while they do some repairs to her house.As I sit here writing I can hear snow and ice sliding off the roof. It's 40. Yeah. That'll help.
I lost a best bud, school chum to covid Friday. Then My
MIL died Sunday. Wow! Stress! I'll be so glad to have my Sister here for NEEDED Hugs&Squeezles! Waaaay overdue... Especially now!
Well, have a great day gals! Stay warm and safe!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2022 :  11:30:48 AM  Show Profile
Judy - I'm so sorry for you loses! Big hug to you! I'm glad Patsy made it and is there for you right now. I can't believe you got 18 inches of snow!!!! Here's what I got:

Can you see it around the trees? I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get any snow this winter...

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2022 :  7:37:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy so very sorry for loss.

We got about an inch or so from that storm. It stayed around just till today. Started melting and I'm sure will be gone tomorrow. So glad Patsy will be there with you.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2022 :  12:16:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you gals. Patsy & I just lost another friend a couple of days ago, don't know of what. Wow, they really do go in threes.
Heather, that IS crazy. I can see that I'm going to have to send another J. Lawson snow card your way#128513;.
Stay safe girlies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2022 :  12:39:27 PM  Show Profile
Aw, Judy so sorry to hear of the loss of another of your friends.

Glad Patsy made it safe and sound to you.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2022 :  12:59:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Denise. Patsy said the girl had covid too. We're hearing more deaths now than when this thing started. Scary!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2022 :  10:18:39 AM  Show Profile
My goodness Judy! We're having a lot more covid in our area as well. Big hug to you and Patsy.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2022 :  6:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Heather...and thank you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2022 :  3:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Well, not sitting on the porch, but I am stuffing my face with onion dip and pork rinds as I listen to Dean Martin and watching the winds blowing like crazy...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2022 :  3:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Judy, so sorry to hear about Covid affecting your friends and family.
Stay healthy..
Hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2022 :  1:36:04 PM  Show Profile
It was brought to my attention that I've done a terrible job posting baby calf pictures lately LOL! I don't have any little ones on milk right now and I only have a minute before I have to head out to milk but here's a cute one from last spring to hold you over until I can get more:

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page