Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 MaryJane's Apple Festival Giveaway 2020!! WINNER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane's Apple Festival Giveaway 2020!! WINNER Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  11:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Our MaryJane is offering a copy of her Cast Iron Kitchen for our Apple Festival again!! This wonderful cookbook offers great recipes using the iconic Cast iron cookware. This compilation of old time favorites is easy to use and you can learn how to best use and care for your cast iron cookware. Three of the recipes included include her recipes for Apple Pie Filling, Apple Pie, Buttermilk Biscuit style, and mini Apple pies. I can say that I have enjoyed all three of these recipes and they are Apple-delicious!!

If you would like to throw your name into the Apple gathering bucket for a chance to win, just leave us a post here and let us know if you use cast iron cookware or if you would love to learn more about how to use it.

A winner will be selected on Tuesday September 22!!

I am excited to announce that ClaireSky, Julie, is our winner this year of MaryJane's Cast Iron Cookbook!! Congratulations, Julie and I know you are going to enjoy this book. Happy Cast Iron Cooking coming out of your kitchen soon!! I am emailing you now for your mailing address so the MJF Home Office can send it your way.

A big huge Thanks to MaryJane for hosting this wonderful giveaway this year for our Apple Festival!

And thank all of you for joining in the fun and leaving us information why cast iron cooking is a favorite method in your kitchen.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Sep 22 2020 10:18:20 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6794 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6794 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  12:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie and MaryJane, thanks again for hosting this generous and fun giveaway. I have the Cast Iron Kitchen and it is full of wonderful recipes, hints, and pictures. Whatever MaryJane sets her mind to do it's always done with an eye to the highest quality - well done.

Since I have a copy I'm not entering but wanted to be a part of the fun and conversation.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  4:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you Sara for adding to the discussion about this giveaway. You are so right, all of MaryJane's books are carefully crafted and her recipes always turn out delicious!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

LyndaB
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Lynda
Mansfield TX
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  8:12:50 PM  Show Profile
I have some cast iron cookware, but I would love to have recipes and learn how to use them more and how to care for them!

Married to my best friend for 31 years, mom to 8 wonderful kids and 3 grandkids!!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  04:59:27 AM  Show Profile
What a great giveaway and generous of MaryJane! I also have this book and for me using cast iron and having this book with the great recipes is a wonderful resource to have in caring for and learning about cast iron.
I'm not joining of course but wanted to add my thoughts. Whoever wins this will love this book as much as I do I'm sure!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  05:47:16 AM  Show Profile
How absolutely awesome! Thank you, MaryJane and Winnie! What a fun, fun month! I use my great grandmother's Griswold cast iron skillet every single day!! My foster daughter also picked up a smaller skillet for me from Lodge last year. I am so surprised at how often I use it! Any given day, you'll find both on the stove, both in the oven, or one on the stove and the other in the oven, always cooking up or baking wonderful foods for the family! Definitely my favorite daily go-to cookware! Definitely would LOVE to have - need ;) - MaryJane' s cookbook to complete the ensemble! C@@l!!!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  1:14:31 PM  Show Profile
When ever I get ready to cook breakfast, lunch, or supper. I always reach for my cast iron. I have Emeril pot and pans that my husband got for me. But I love my cast iron. Make the best corn and tortillas. I would like to get out my comfort zone and try something new and different recipes with my cast iron.
Quiltingbea

To everything their is a season....
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:11:47 PM  Show Profile
My DIL cooks exclusively with cast iron and I get to enjoy the fruits of her skills! Please include me in this very generous giveaway. Thank-you.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:23:16 PM  Show Profile
All I can say is,,, YUMYUMYUM! I would luv to have a slice of apple pie and a nice glass of mulled wine with it..

While I have 2 sizes of 'Lodge' C.I. skillets,, I have no apples,, as some of you know,, our Apple region in Central Washington got slammed by the fires.. but if I were not so lazy, i'd go buy some apples from one of the (almost) local vendors and make a pie in my C.I. skillet.. but easier, is to whisper into my grand girlie, Jada's ear,, that her Oma (me) would love an apple pie.. and I know she would gladly make me an apple pie... hmmmm!

My 10" C.I. is for corn bread.. and my 8" is for eggs, both at home and for camping..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 15 2020 4:33:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

EMGJulie
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Julie
CLAWSON MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:49:08 PM  Show Profile
I just bought Cast Iron Kitchen and absolutely love it! I'm slowly collecting cast iron and will follow Mary Jane's cleaning instructions. Meanwhile, I have been using two different cast iron skillets to make our meals now. No more "no-stick" pans for us! Clean up is a snap with cast iron and I am so happy!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4894 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4894 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:52:05 PM  Show Profile
I love that Book! I won last year! Good luck everyone!
Connie#3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  5:14:38 PM  Show Profile
What a great give-away! I have a cast iron frying pan that I use mostly for bacon and eggs. I like frying eggs in bacon grease. I also have a cast iron dutch oven that I have never used. It's still in the box. And a friend gave me a cast iron apple baker? that I have never used. I really just don't know how to use these things and am planning to add Mary-Jane's Cast Iron book to my Christmas list.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  09:20:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie! I love using my cast iron, but still learning to master how to clean and season it! My dad has been trying to teach me and give me tips, I'm usually a quick learner in life, ha! But not so much when it comes to my cast iron pans! Sooo, I'm trying to master my skills and create a few more memories with my dad while I still have him.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
What a delightful giveaway! I would love to learn about cast iron cooking!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  10:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Today's the day that MaryJane picks a winner! Good luck everyone!!

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  10:24:05 AM  Show Profile
Winner has been selected and let's give Julie, ClaireSky, a big shout out of congratulations!! And Thanks again to our MaryJane for sponsoring this fun giveaway again for our Apple Festival.

Happy first day of Fall everyone and I hope you are enjoying lots of this year's crop of delicious apples.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  10:55:44 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Julie, you will love her book.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6794 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6794 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  11:34:33 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Julie, enjoy the book and make wonderful things. Thanks MaryJane with the help of Winnie in hosting this giveaway.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  6:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Oh my! I am so excited! Thank you to MaryJane and to Winnie for sponsoring this giveaway!I can't wait to shop for a frypan and start whipping up some wonderful meals!

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  10:16:16 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Julie aka ClaireSky... have fun cooking up a storm with delicious recipes from your new C.I. cookbook.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  1:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Julie! Enjoy your new book and enjoy making all those tasty recipes inside!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  2:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Julie!!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  05:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Everyone! I am so greatful! I have already been out scouting the cast iron cookware.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane's Apple Festival Giveaway 2020!! WINNER Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page