Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  1:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls, this year I want to be a Secret Santa for a Farmgirl who has had a very tough year and could use a surprise. Can you help me?? Please email me privately the name and address, if you have it, of a Farmgirl here who fits this need

I will accept names through December 12, and choose the winner on December 13. After I mail the package and it is received, I will post the name here and we can all send her virtual hugs and cheer.

In the meantime, please post a little story here about a time you were a Secret Santa or were the recipient of a Secret Santa. We all love a good sweet story durning the Holidays!!

Thank-you for your help! " Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus, Right down Santa Clause Lane......"

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2020 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, you are so very sweet! There are many Farmgirls here who are very deserving of a secret Santa surprise! You will definitely be making someone’s holiday!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2020 :  10:56:38 AM  Show Profile
That's a wonderful idea Winnie! I know the farmgirl you choose will be very happy and touched by your kindness and generosity.

Many years ago, back in 1979, I worked at a finance company. We had a part-time secretary who worked at our office and another branch plus she was going to college at night and had 3 young children. Her husband had lost his job and they were very financially strapped. She was very sad just before Christmas and told me that she & her husband explained to the kids that Santa could only give each child one present. The kids couldn't understand why they could only get one small gift when their classmates were telling them all about the gifts Santa was giving them. I later told our boss what she said and the two of us plus our assistant manager pooled our money and we went shopping at Venture (Target of the 70's). My boss & I bought a whole bunch of presents for our co-workers family. It took me an entire afternoon to wrap all the presents and my boss took them home with him that night. On Christmas Eve he and his wife went to our co-workers mobile home and left the presents at the door. Then my boss & his wife hurried to a phone booth and called our co-workers home. Her husband answered and my bosses wife, whom they had never met & wouldn't recognize her voice, told him that she was one of Santa's elves and that there was a sack full of presents on their front porch. My bosses wife said the husband exclaimed "Oh my God" as she quickly hung up the phone. The next business day after that Christmas our coworker came in walking like she was on cloud nine. She told all of us that her family had just celebrated the best Christmas they ever had! We all smiled & said that was nice. We didn't tell her what we had done, it was wonderful to see the worry and sadness leave her face after it had been there for so many months.

I think about that Christmas every year and it reminds me how blessed I am and the true spirit of Christmas for me is the giving to others.

Dawn in IL

Make it a December to remember!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2020 :  8:00:27 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful story Dawn!!

One secret santa gift that I'll never forget brought a week of joy to my mother in law:
My mother in law has a tradition that everyone unwraps a pair of pajamas on Christmas eve (just like she did growing up). They are labeled from her. Those are the only presents under the tree until Christmas morning (all those gifts are from santa). After my husband and I were married I noticed she never opened a pair. The next year there was a gift that showed up under the tree about a week before Christmas that said "to Kim from Santa". The "elves" delivered it when she wasn't home then conveniently showed up right after she got home and asked where the gift came from. She had no idea but suspected maybe her parents dropped it off. She kept picking up the package and acting like a little kid who just couldn't wait until Christmas to open it. It was so fun to watch! We've gotten her a pair of pajamas every year since.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  05:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Dawn and Heather these are wonderful Secret Santa stories!!! It makes me happy to hear about so much kindness and humanity that is out there quietly bringing kindness to those in need of a some love.

Dont forget to email me if you know of a Farmgirl who needs a Secret Santa visit this year!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Dec 05 2020 05:16:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  07:08:01 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful thing to do Winnie.

Several years ago I had a young woman, newly divorced helping with some painting and cleaning jobs. She has 4 children and as we were purging my mother-in-laws house she was ever so grateful for the offerings of a few Christmas ornaments and decorations. She mentioned that they couldn't afford boughten ornaments, lights or even a Christmas tree even when she was married. They just did a paper tree and taped it to the wall. So my husband and I headed to town in early December for an artificial tree, lots of lights and a big container of ornaments and dropped it off on her front porch when we knew everyone was gone. When Christmas got closer we made another trip to town and picked out gifts for everyone and filled a grocery box with treats and Christmas dinner, it was wonderful to drop these suprises off on her front porch and see that beautifully decorated tree through the window.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  07:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
What a wonderful Christmas story and acts of kindness Julie. God has so many wonderful helpers! Hugs, Blessings and a very Merry Christmas season.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  2:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Several years ago while living in Virginia City, Nevada . . . yes, it is still the Wild Wild West there, LOL . . . Anyway I digress. Christmas that year was to be a big family affair. Daughter, hubby and baby came up from Southern California. Son and significant other came over from Downieville's gold country and mother-in-law came up from Bishop California. Everyone arrived safely and we were having a grand old time when it started to snow, and snow, and snow. And then the power went out and ended up being out for several days including Christmas. M-I-L had gotten a bad cold so we bundled her up with hot water bottles and pampered her. Fortunatelly we were well stocked and had a good wood stove as well as an old-fashioned beautiful cooking stove in the kitchen which was almost never used (the stove, not the kitchen). Well, we fired up that puppy and had awesome meals from it with soup pot and hot mulled cider going all day long. The house stayed toasty. Candles, oil lamps along with some battery operated lanterns provided light. No TV with power out, so we played games, read books, talked and talked into the wee hours, and played the piano to accompany our Christmas carol singing. Daughter figured out how to use my treadle sewing machine that was really just for display, and ended up making a whole quilt top. Son and friend went to neighboring houses with shovels, gas cans and our snow blower and cleaned off roofs and driveways for our neighbors. We were "The Waltons" . . . I think the power disaster that year resulted in our family having the very best Christmas we have ever had. Not a Secret Santa story but one I wanted to share anyway. Then as well as to this day I always have plenty of oil lamps and candles on hand . . . Ho Ho Ho!

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Dec 05 2020 2:11:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  2:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
What a great story Jean. I live in Minnesota and love the memories of days when my children were all still at home and we would be snowed in. Best of times. I remember one year my husband brought his propane two burner stove in that he used in his ice fishing house, we made popcorn, s'mores, hot chocolate and I think heated up cans of spaghettio's. It is always nice when in the busyness of life we are forced by mother nature to slow down.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2020 :  02:54:14 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful stories to warm you heart. Thank you

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2020 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
These stories do warm my heart, the world is so full of negativity, we need these stories and moments to smile about and reflect on. Seems like Winnie's Secret Santa request has been "hijacked" and taken a different turn, but I love these stories, each one brings a smile and sometimes a tear. A good tear. Hugs to all. Hopefully Winnie is getting lots of suggestions via email for a Secret Santa surprise.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2020 :  4:06:40 PM  Show Profile
I love these stories everyone is sharing!! For what is Christmas if it isn't sharing and enjoying each other? Thank-you everyone and I hope more continue to post! These tales are wonderful!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  4:18:42 PM  Show Profile
About 8 years ago we moved one of my students into our home. He was very good friends with my daughter and his mother had died when he was 12. He did not know his father. He had been living with his grandmother as far as the district knew but since he was friends with my daughter I knew that was not a great situation and it was only part of the time and he was bouncing from friends house to friends house. We had an extra room since our oldest was off to college and we decided as a family to move him in to our family in October. He lived with us for a little over a year. He had never had a birthday cake or a Christmas tree. He was a student that had been at risk of not graduating and he graduated and ended up going to college for culinary studies. We felt so fortunate. The Holidays that first year he lived with us - things were tight for us. We never had a Grown teen boy living with us. We wanted him to feel at home and we wanted to give him gifts and we were trying to stretch all of our dollars. We were trying to keep it quiet that he was living with us, I wasn't sure how my district would feel about me taking in my own student. That year though in My mailbox at school 3 weeks before Christmas I found Gift cards for Grocery stores and walmart totaling $200. With a Card that said from your Secret Santas Because Your Family is filled with Christmas Angels. It was very nice!

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  5:18:39 PM  Show Profile
All such heartwarming stories, thank you all for sharing them with us.
There are Angels among all of us:-)

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2020 :  11:37:23 AM  Show Profile
The name chosen today from the Christmas basket was Nini Betters! I just dropped off her package at USPS and I hope she will be excited!! Thanks to everyone who left a story and sent in a name for the drawing. This was a fun project and Santa has provided an Elf for speedy delivery of Nini's package . You gotta just love those Elves!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2020 :  1:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, that is wonderful! She is going to love her secret Santa surprise! You are amazing!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  06:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
What an amazing Santa helper you are Winnie! Hugs and Blessings.
Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2020 :  06:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Winnie... What did you DO, sister?! Thank you! My heart... Just... Thank you! I just sent you the longest email... I want you to know how much this means to me. Everything you sent! Oh! It was like God opened a window connecting your heart to mine... Everything from the Santa Mug (which I had been longing for!), the teas and candy canes (YUM!), the infinity scarf (In "my" colors! Perfect! I will be wearing it everywhere!), the adorable redware Santa ornament which will adorn one of my pegs in the kitchen year round (I LOVE IT!), and the receipt book! OH! You KNOW my heart! I squealed like a little girl opening each tissue wrapped gift! (You always have the BEST tissue papers, Winnie - we need to talk!) I will post a picture as soon as possible, but for now... Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to you... AND to the dear sister who asked that I be considered for your Secret Santa gift. God bless you both!

Much love, warmest hugs, God's blessings and the Merriest of Christmases to ALL!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  10:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
I must have been a very good girl this year. Last week I received a wonderful surprise, not sure which of Santa's Elves blessed me with these goodies, but I am grateful and joyful at the generosity. My Farmgirl friends are the best. I love the tea holder, it will protect my teabag in my purse and even the mailing envelope was decorated. As we approach the New Year, blessings and hugs to all you wonderful ladies, 2020 may have been a rocky road, but it was filled with so many blessings and surprises. Enjoy this Christmas season (I always extend the season as Tuesday, December 29th is my birthday ) and thank you to the elf that blessed me with the surprise. I love it.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  11:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I also received a wonderful tea bag tag! Thank you wonderful elf!!!!! What a great surprise.

Happy Birthday Gail!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  03:05:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Santa's elf for the wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday. A couple tea bags and cute holder. Thank you Thank you

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  09:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Nini, you are so welcome!! I had fun gathering together a theme for this gift and so pleased to find out that it matched with your wanting a Santa mug too!! Enjoy all of your fun goodies.

Yep, Santa was helped this year by Elves in our MJF community. Without them, this project would have never happened. Just goes to show you that Santa is still here and I for one have never stopped believing in Santa!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Secret Santa needs Help! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page