Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 My John Wayne project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My John Wayne project Next Topic  

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - May 21 2021 :  8:26:23 PM  Show Profile
[font=Comic Sans MS]omic Sans MS][/font=C/size=3]I am starting a new quilt "John Wayne". I am going to try my hand at cutting a gazillion stars with my new Accuquilt and hopefully I won't ruin too many. My husband was a devoted JW fan and so is my son. So hopefully I won't take too long and have this done soon.
I am also going to whip up some very simple panels for my kitchen window. I am tired of venation blinds so found some fabric that I like on sale and needed a change.
I am taking iron infusions, 5 of them, because I am anemic and running very, very slow. Can't handle that. Maybe I will catch up with my projects soon. Take care everyone,
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Sister#4076

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 21 2021 :  11:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kool! can hardly wait to see a photo of the John Wayne quilt...

Hope you feel more energetic after the iron injections.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - May 22 2021 :  12:15:01 PM  Show Profile
My father in law is a huge john wayne fan also! Can't wait to see your quilt - do hope you share photos of your final masterpiece!!

And, I hope you feel better soon - iron deficiency is no fun! Big hugs to you!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on May 22 2021 12:15:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - May 23 2021 :  09:42:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy,
Good luck with the quilt and curtains. Sounds like a great project. We like John Wayne also.
Funny story for you. When my son was in pre-school my husband picked him up one day and a younger (probably college age) girl asked him if we watch "adult movies" with our son. Well you can imagine what my poor husband was thinking. Then the girl pointed her finger like a gun and said my son did that and said Bang Bang. My husband said Ohhhhh you mean like John Wayne movies. Yeah, we watch John Wayne all the time and he walked away.
Can you imagine? My son is about to finish 4th grade so this wasn't too long ago. Thankfully that comment never made it on any progress reports! It's funny now but at the time we were not happy.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - May 24 2021 :  12:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, your projects sound wonderful. I hope you have a great time working on them and they move smoothly. I’m sorry about your iron deficiency. I hope the infusions begin to help soon. I use to work in a clinic that did iron infusions. It’s surprising how many people have it. Sending many hugs your way!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My John Wayne project Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page