levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  07:29:28 AM  Show Profile
I thought since we are having a change of season maybe we should come in from the porch and sit round the fire and chat a bit.

I have my tree up, undecorated. I need to bring things up from the basement though it seems like we just got everything in the basement from moving. But the grands will enjoy the tree much more if it is decorated.
Still working on gifts. There are always a couple of people who stump me each year and always different ones each time.
It is getting quite chilly here in Ohio I kept the winter things out when we unpacked.
We have 3 birthdays this week and Christmas caroling with the church next weekend. After that things will be slowed down to enjoy the special time of the season.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 01 2021 07:29:54 AM

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  07:55:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh Denise it is so nice and warm here I think I will sit and have some tea with you.
Our tree is up and I have some of our shopping finished, no rush I just want to enjoy the season.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  12:14:58 PM  Show Profile
today is 73-75 degrees so I may pass the snuggling or sitting by the fire although it sounds so terribly inviting! I am out cleaning the garden so i can prep it for spring, which will happen quite soon enough here. We are getting occasional freezes at night and a few chilly days but nothing to write about. I saw several people running around in shorts and tanks today. NOT unusual around Ft. Rucker area! I knew a soldier in Wurzburg who ran the theater on post in the evenings and weekends who wore shorts year-round. EVEN in the snow!!!~ Crazy huh? Christmas decorations have not gone up as I have JUST finished taking the fall/Thanksgiving down, but we are working on it! Have a beautiful, blessed week!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  1:17:45 PM  Show Profile
We're in the mid 40's here in the Chicago area. It's a great day for a cup of tea and turning my Christmas tree lights on to brighten our gray day. The decorating is complete and the Black Friday orders are arriving. I will begin wrapping tomorrow and just enjoy the season!

Happy December Farmgirls!
Dawn in IL

Kindness is like snow—it beautifies everything it covers.
Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  1:32:14 PM  Show Profile
Count me in! It has been so chilly here. We have the Christmas tree up and all the other decorations. Half of the Christmas shopping is complete and I hope to wrap this weekend so I can sit back and enjoy the season. I have many plans for the kids. Such as visiting light shows, making cookies, and decorating gingerbread houses.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  2:41:56 PM  Show Profile
I will be working on baking next week to take for after Christmas caroling.
Can't wait to get the house smelling like cookies.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  3:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Count me in too, Denise!! I love a cozy fire. Today I started taking down my fall decorations and getting out a few Christmas things. I hope to get the fall all put up tomorrow and then focus on what I want to do for the upcoming holiday season. The next two weeks are supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s every day! November was much cooler over all than usual and now when you want cooler weather for Christmas, it is going to be warm and more like early Spring. This has happened many Decembers in my life so I guess I should not be surprised. However, it makes live Christmas trees dry out quickly and they can be browning by Christmas Day. Boo!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  4:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Come right in and pull up a chair ladies! I have been watching Christmas movies today after getting things decorated around here. Not really as much as I usually do but when we moved I downsized and kept our favorite things.
Having some tea while I watch.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2021 :  9:19:18 PM  Show Profile
Denise,, it was cold as blue blazes here in Eastern Washington,,, but the sun managed to poke it's head out a few times... I decided to channel my inner German cook and made a yummy dinner for the hubby and me.
Then we kicked back in the living room, had Egg Nog and enjoyed some Christmas music as we chatted about next years traveling planes..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2021 :  10:21:34 PM  Show Profile
A blazing fire, a mug of hot chocolate and a bowl of popcorn, a good book, and a cat (or two) on my lap. Heaven.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2021 :  07:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Judith,
that sounds wonderful! I am just about done with my gifts for Christmas. We have a birthday today so will finish wrapping when we get back from celebrating that.

Getting my Monday morning things done. Finishing up small paint job. Waiting on our counter top to come in but most likely will be January before that happens.

Hoping everyone from the porch finds their way to the cozy fire!

Apparently after those tornado watches that were around there was an earthquake too!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 13 2021 07:24:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2021 :  11:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Power was out almost all yesterday here in Northern Idaho. But we were toasty warm and had a ham and bean pot going on the wood stove. DH had the house warm and generator going by the time I got up . . . . Football Sunday, ya know. Had to have that TV working. I've been working on a little Poinsettia table topper quilt. The blocks were made in the hoop on my embroidery machine which I didn't want to run from the generator. So I fired up one of my Featherweights to do the sashing and borders. It's ready for quilting now -- a new Kimberbelle process I'll be learning today -- all done on my embroidery machine. Watch the Stitching and Crafting page for results. All in all it was a lovely snowy "powerless" day. Being prepared for winter emergencies sure helps.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Dec 13 2021 11:17:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2022 :  04:06:17 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's been awhile since anyone has come to the fireside. I guess the holidays got us all rather busy.

We've just been doing things in the house to make it our own. Helping out my daughter when she needs it.
The temps have really dipped for here. Woke to 10 degrees this morning and getting to 28 this afternoon. I just wish we had some snow to pretty everything up!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2022 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile
We have been pretty chilly here as well. Almost all of our snow is gone and what is left has turned to ice. It’s pretty cold when I go out to feed the cows, so I have been spending most of my time indoors. I think I’m already ready for Spring lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  09:32:57 AM  Show Profile
It's a chilly day today! I am warm and cozy ... no fire but electric heating is doing the job. A roaring fire would be wonderful!

I've been doing a lot of knitting as of late. Covid is still rampant in our area, so I'm keeping a very low profile. Good thing I enjoy my own company! LOL I've been cooking a lot. Freezers are a wonderful thing. After taking inventory, I'm thinking I should start eating what I cooked! lol Can't help it ... I love to cook. Made fresh basil pesto. First time ... my basil in my aero garden was taking over my place! Basil freezes well ... bonus.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http:www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1093 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1093 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  3:03:22 PM  Show Profile
NC is finally experiencing winter temps and have a forecast of possible snow on Saturday and Sunday!! We believe it when we see it, but always hopeful, lol.
They say we could get up to 3 inches! I know that makes the rest of y’all laugh, but we get excited because it’s so rare.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  3:20:20 PM  Show Profile
We might get snow on Sunday. Not much but it will be pretty I'm sure.

Wanda, I'm sure you will get more than we will.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2022 :  03:53:12 AM  Show Profile
It was warm enough yesterday to sit on the porch but it's going to get mucher colder with ice and snow on the way. Thought I'd come cozy up by the fire. They say not much ice but any ice is dangerous especially under the snow. May have to get some snow cleats for my shoes/boots. Working on some swaps while we see how this storm goes. Hope everyone in its path stays safe.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2022 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Report just in -- Puxatawney Phil says six more weeks of winter . . . sorry 'bout that.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2022 :  4:06:51 PM  Show Profile
I am ready to be by the fire. I just put a couple more pieces of wood in the wood stove. Sitting down to a bowl of taco stew. Pretty cold doing chores 1 above with a breeze. Got my felted slippers on too.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  06:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Jean, there's always about 6 more weeks of winter between Groundhog day and the first day of Spring. I gave up on Phil years ago!

Listening to sleet hit the windows this morning. Having hot cereal and hot tea to start the day.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  12:15:45 PM  Show Profile
Michelle - Taco stew sounds wonderful!

I had a dentists apt this morning. Wasn't sure they were going to be open with all the snow and wind, but I now have a very funny feeling upper lip and a filing LOL! Great day to sit around the fire :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2022 :  03:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Surprised they didn't cancel on you Heather.
Taco stew sounds good right now!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2022 :  08:18:17 AM  Show Profile
If they weren't so busy I think they might have. One of the dentists in town died and my dentist took all his patients so he's crazy busy. It took me 5 months from the time I called to get my tooth fixed! When I went in he said since there wasn't any ice he figured he'd see who showed up. I don't know if he ended up staying open all day or closing early. My appointment was the 2nd one of the day.

The wind stopped blowing, but it's cold today. Getting ready to make some snickerdoodles if anyone wants one while they warm up by the fire :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come get warm by the fire~ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page