Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Feed Sacks 2022 ** PARTNERS POSTED **
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Feed Sacks 2022 ** PARTNERS POSTED ** Next Topic
Page: of 7

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1462 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1462 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  10:30:28 AM  Show Profile

Karen :)
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  10:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, if that isn't the cutest darned apron. Katmom is sew creative. And a potholder/coaster/yo yo's to go with. You be stylin'. Enjoy, Karen.
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7451 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7451 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  10:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Great package from Grace. Grace is very creative and LOVES yoyos.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  2:07:59 PM  Show Profile
My middle name should be 'yoyo queen' lol!
The FS fabric was sew lovely I wanted to show case it... And a Chef apron was perfect.
I made it reversible to give it a bit more stability.
Karen, glad you like it.
bTW, it's sunny out today, I almost put on the garden apron you made for me, and go out into my garden,,, 'almost' ,, thank goodness I go side tracked! Lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  2:14:08 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had taken a picture of the fabric before cutting. It would have made the cutest kitchen Cafe' curtains.

Sew Karen, when are you going to make a batch of decadent Brownies and invite Jean and I over? ;>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  2:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Ops!! Forget to mention,, Winnie, what a Score from Dianna,, and I LUV that Kitty!!

Jean, I luv any excuse to go to the M.A.C. museum... and vtg flour sack display.. holey-moley!!!!
Yes, Tag Karen, as well as your friend up here, and we'll all meet up. For a field trip to the M.A.C.

Karen,, aren't you glad you are a MJF gal? Lots of sister mischief layers ahead of you!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  3:48:34 PM  Show Profile
There have been so many wonderful outcomes from the feedback swaps!! We have creativity at every step around MJF! Every project turned out so darn cute and the fabrics are the best. Sure wish I lived out there close to Spokane to see the Feedsack exhibit.

Dianna, you package finally shipped out this afternoon. I had to work on a few things to pull it all together! I hope you enjoy.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1462 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1462 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  5:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Jean and Grace….sounds like I need to whip up some brownies and bring them along for our field trip to the museum!

And YES!!! The Farmgirl Sisterhood has been such a huge blessing for me already. :) I in a semi-low spot in my life and all the girls on here have given me the boost I needed to get outta there!! Big hugs to you all!!!

:)

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  8:59:17 PM  Show Profile
Karen you make the brownies, I'll bring the tea,, Jean, whatcha bringing? lolol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  10:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Let me see . . . something yellow and made from lemons . . . ???

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7529 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7529 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2022 :  10:44:11 PM  Show Profile
With a touch of cherries on top for color! ;) :)

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2022 :  07:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Awesome pictures. LET’S SEE MORE PRETTIES#128149;#128149;#128149;

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2022 :  06:27:58 AM  Show Profile
JEAN,
I guess I missed this whole post. So interesting to read all about feed sack towels.
I know when I was growing up on the farm it was common to see them. I think they should
make a big comeback!!! I have a lot of towels I embroidered, you know, the white ones with
the stripes. Don't use them because of the embroidery. Did not think that through.
Guess I will look and see if I can find some the ones with the pretty prints already on them.
Now what to do with all those pretty ones I embroidered???

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2022 :  2:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Duh!
Karen, here I was bragging about the sweet garden apron you made me,, and I was lamenting that I didn't want to get it dirty,,, Light bulb went off (after I read the back side of the card you sent,,,
Clothes Pin Apron!!
Now I can stuff it full of clothes Pin...

FYI, soak your wooden clothes Pin in vinegar for a bit, to slow down the oxidation of the wood.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1462 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1462 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2022 :  5:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Grace, you can totally make that apron anything you want it to be. That’s the beauty of a gift!! Maybe make a sewing apron and keep all those little things that we all set down and lose! Hahaha

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2022 :  11:41:02 AM  Show Profile
Grace that apron is adorable as is the rest of the items!! So many aprons....I feel bad I didn't see one up too! :/

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2022 :  11:56:27 AM  Show Profile

Lengthy post here so please bear with me! ;)
First of all screaming excitedly: WINNIE, OMGOSH!!! I ADORE the apron and material print( WTG Jean (heart) ) I love the handkerchief too and wow, feel so honored that I was the recipient to a first! The crocheting around the edge is just beautiful! Love, love, love!!

History now: the woven dishcloth and potholder-- "1030's kitchen might have a potholder made of an old garment cut into loops & woven. Dishcloths could easily be made with yarn during the depression era.
Eight o'clock empty coffee package ( smells good, reminds me of mom) first appeared in 1859 as whole beans sold by the Atlantic and Pacific tea company. In 1919it was given a formal name 'Eight o'clock. By 1930 it was the most popular brand of coffee in the US.
Bar of Ivory soap, ( smells like moms) made in 1878, very popular and available by the 1930's and inexpensive.
Then an enamel tea/drinking cup and spoon ( heart) and 2 yummy teas i haven't tried!! BTW, Tazo is my favorite brand!
Oh, and last but not least, directions for paper woven hearts as well as an interesting story on the back of a WALL printed postcard!! I really enjoyed reading about your grandparents Winnie. Reminded me of mine in NC on their homestead with the wash basin and ivory as well. It all brought back sweet memories.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Winnie and also Kathy for donating beautiful materials and Jean for hostessing and sending out all these feed sack materials!! Just am so so moved....thank you. Best swap always

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Feb 15 2022 12:36:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2022 :  10:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Dianna, I am happy you enjoyed your "1930s Kitchen accessories" and that they brought back sweet memories of your Grandparents Homestead! I have been using Ivory soap for years because it works well, inexpensive, and reminds me of those days at my Grandparent's home at the washing basin and your own Mom. Recently I re-discovered 8 O' Clock coffee at our local Publix grocery store in the BOGO bins as you walk in. MY Dad loved this coffee the best and we bought it at the local A&P grocery store in Charlottesville, Va. when I was growing up. Coffee is my favorite morning treat and this old brand is quite good and a very reasonable price compared to the other brands on the shelf. No wonder by the 1930s it was America's favorite coffee!

The enamelware cup and spoon are reproductions made here in the US by Crow Canyon. They are dishwasher safe.

Yes, a big thank-you to Kathy for donating all this wonderful feedsack cloth and Jean for hosting the second year of this very fun swap!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2022 :  10:36:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning my beautiful 30's chicks . . . not sure how the misunderstanding occurred . . . did I mistype something in one of my messages or ??? BUT our wonderful donor of feedsacks is Laura Knippers (LauraBelle). She and her sister came into a large stash of them and decided to share them with us for our swaps. Most generous of her. This swap has been so enjoyable, and I have enough sacks to do another one later in the year. Your creations are absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much to Laura and to all of you swappers for sharing your marvelous creative juices with all of us.
hugs,
jjean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2022 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank you LAURA!!!! You are so sweet!!! Thank you sooo much!!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2022 :  2:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Thank you Laura and your sister.
These f.s. cloths keep us grounded in the simple non wasteful and creative ways of years gone by ...
It feels good to create little usable items from f.s.
And to think, mom's back then could even make matching shirts/dresses for the family... How fun it must have been to meet up for coffee and barter/swap with each other for certain fabric prints.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7451 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7451 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2022 :  07:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you again, Laura and sister, for donating the feed sacks for the swaps. I look forward to another beat tax swap in the near future. And thanks to Jean for hosting them.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2022 :  10:18:00 AM  Show Profile
Anyone online right now and can email me Karen's address? I'm almost to my po and I can't find it:( thank you

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3021 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3021 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2022 :  10:54:57 AM  Show Profile
Denise - your feed sack goodies are on their way :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2022 :  11:37:00 AM  Show Profile
Suny58, just sent you a pm via the MJF mail, if you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam/junk box

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Feed Sacks 2022 ** PARTNERS POSTED ** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page