Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Organizing Fabric Scraps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Organizing Fabric Scraps Next Topic  

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Corpus Christi TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2022 :  4:15:02 PM  Show Profile
My sister and I are getting our quilting room organized and we are thinking about how we want to deal with our scraps. We were thinking of sorting by color and possibly cutting it into consistent sizes (2 1/2 inch squares, strips, etc.)

Just wondered if any of you have any suggestions or ideas that have worked and helped you make good use of your scraps?

Happy to be Farmgirl Sister #7286

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2022 :  4:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Cut the leftovers into useable sizes and/or strips. I use the plastic covered shoeboxes for storing by size. When you get too many store by color.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2022 :  4:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Judith to cut in useable sizes. I cut leftover fabrics from projects into squares cut in various sizes that are good for making 12" finished or 6" finished squares (2", 2-1/2", 3-1/2", 4-1/2") and strips of various widths sorted into lights/neutrals and colors.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Organizing Fabric Scraps Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page