Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Intermediate Community Service
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Intermediate Community Service Next Topic  

tigger9777
Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader & Guru / FG Guide

152 Posts

Candy
Oakley CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2023 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile
I have been a volunteer in the 4-H program for 31 years. It was a no brainer to choose this organization when it came time to select one to work with. In beginner you do 10 hours, then intermediate is an additional 20 hours. Since we have monthly County Council meetings, club executive board and club monthly meetings on top of project meetings, county events, planning committees etc it is easy to rack up the hours served. For Intermediate I had to talk to our County staff and learn how to register members.bit is all online and I detailed it in the badge application under merit badge awardees once the badge is approved anyone can read how to become a member or look online. 4-H makes the most of its donated time by working with the youth directly in projects and club leadership.
I feel 4-H has made a positive impact in my community by instilling in our youth leadership skills, growth and learning through projects, participating in community service opportunities and raising our kids in a positive environment.
Raising productive citizens will always have a positive impact in a community.

Sister # 8283
Farmgirl of the Year 2022
Farmgirl of the Month Dec 2021
Farmgirl Guide
Farmgirl Guru
Farmgirl Sharpshooter
Farmgirl Chapter Leader
"Everything Counts, Someday Eventually"

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2023 :  2:33:58 PM  Show Profile
Great work Candy. We are hoping to get involved with 4-H soon. I will have to read all about it when it's approved. Thanks for sharing all the information.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2023 :  12:43:34 PM  Show Profile
That is so awesome! 4-H is a great group! Raising productive citizens IS so very important! Keep up the great work. . .it is much appreciated.

Nancy Joplin #8352
Minden a Csalad (Family is Everything)
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2023 :  05:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Aw! I used to be in 4H for a short while. I remember it being fun. Good work!

Hannah #6994
February 2023 FGOTM
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Intermediate Community Service Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page