savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2023 :  12:19:44 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to talk about my life in menopause. I'm not sure if any of you are going through this experience or not. I know a lot of you farm ladies have lots of kids around still. Well, I don't my son moved out. It was one of the saddest days for me ever. He's still my buddy, we still hang out sometimes. Though this summer he's been super busy as a boilermaker union worker. So, he has lots of job contracts and he works on the big, huge boilers to keep our lights on. As I've been trying with God's help, to take care of me alone these days. The summertime here in the northwest has been very muggy and hot. Most people love the heat. Not me at all. I'm already heated up from my crazy hormones all day and night. But my bedroom is an ice box so, it helps me keep cool. I do remember when I first met my husband at age 38. I had cold feet and cold hands all the time. But he doesn't remember that. My marriage is very rocky but I'm trying not to concentrate on it so much. He seems to be at this stage of his life doing a lot of blaming on me. I'm his focus of unhappiness. I do remember when my husband told me that he can't make me happy. I wonder if he can take his own advice sometimes. Anyways, I'm living with Christ in this life and trusting Him totally.

SavyCarmie

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2023 :  08:48:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carmen - Praying that you will feel God's strength and perseverance as you negotiate this time in your life. I haven't experienced menopause yet, but I have no doubt it adds a whole other complexity to your existing challenges. It's so nice that you still have a great relationship with your son. I pray that the connection with your husband will improve over time too.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic My Menopause Life Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page