Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 GO FUND ME PAGE for Spouse with Pancreatic Cancer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters:  GO FUND ME PAGE for Spouse with Pancreatic Cancer Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2683 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2683 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2024 :  5:19:43 PM  Show Profile
Melody, Continued love and prayers being sent your way. XO

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2024 :  06:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Melody, I am praying for you and hubby's strength as you have to go through the steps to a clear diagnosis which will then determine treatment options. These are truly difficult and harrowing days for you both and I am praying for some answers soon. I hope being home with your own bed and doggie will be a good break and a chance to take a breath and just rest a bit more.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3306 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3306 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2024 :  07:03:05 AM  Show Profile

April, What a nice surprise to come home to! We've been at Mayo for 10 days and finally released yesterday afternoon-5-1/2 hour drive and I see this lovely package in a stack of mail. Thank you so much for your thoughtful and lovely gifts -I can't wait to get started on the embroidery!! Love, Mel
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3306 Posts

Melody
USA
3306 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2024 :  10:01:54 AM  Show Profile
We will be heading back to Mayo on Sunday for a third biopsy attempt which will invariably trigger another pancreatitis episode so we are planning on being admitted to the hospital until he is able to return home. We are desperate for a conclusive diagnosis so that we may begin treatment. Everyone here is on pins and needles but we are hopeful and praying this biopsy does not wreak havoc on my husbands overall health such as it is and that he recovers quickly and we can plow forward on this journey. Please continue with good thoughts and prayers-they are so gratefully appreciated. Love, Melody
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2024 :  4:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Melody, I will be keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers for next week's biopsy that it finally determines what is the source of the problem so treatment can happen. Praying too that another case of pancreatitis will not be a problem as hubby has been through so much already. Have a safe trip tomorrow back to Mayo.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3306 Posts

Melody
USA
3306 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2024 :  5:54:36 PM  Show Profile
thank you so much Winnie! It means so much to us. we are holding our breath-but thinking positive thoughts-it's hard watching someone you love in pain and not knowing how long we will be away from home-and you know if your home you do so much better mentally and physically and emotionally.

I'll keep you posted.

Take care Winnie.

Love, Mel

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3306 Posts

Melody
USA
3306 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2024 :  2:02:11 PM  Show Profile

Got back early yesterday evening to this lovely beauty! My Christmas Cactus decided to bloom in April! Brought a big smile to this weary face. We were able to leave Mayo 4 days early-I had anticipated a long hospital stay which has become our normal after biopsies--it was a lengthy procedure for the third biopsy and NO pancreatitis episode-we were told they altered the anesthesia used this time excluding a particular one (we looked it up and it was used in the two prior biopsies) and we are convinced that by eliminating this one it did not trip another pancreatitis attack. Husband did very well and we gave him 48 hours after the procedure hoping that nothing would crop up and when it didn't we headed back home to Michigan. We are three days in waiting for the pathology reports-holding our breath and preparing for the results. Prayers and good thoughts truly do give us strength and calmness with resilience to continue on-which is what we have to do and we are so grateful for them. We couldn't do this without it. Love, Mel
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4119 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4119 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2024 :  04:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to you both for good results.

Farming in WI

Michele

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2024 :  4:33:34 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear that this third biopsy went so well for your hubby! Keeping you both in my prayers as you await the results and decisions for next steps.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters:  GO FUND ME PAGE for Spouse with Pancreatic Cancer Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page