notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  2:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've thought about getting an Instagram account but I've not taken that plunge. I have a twitter, but it's mostly for observation, to follow other people. I never post on it. I just occasionally <3 something.

Oh my goodness Shannon, I wouldn't want to start with a pregnant goat either! Ease me into that, please! I do want a couple goats, though.

Do you ever forget what day of the week it is? I really just realized that it's Thursday. I mean I *know* it's Thursday, but I just realized what that means in terms of me getting ready for company this weekend, Lol! I think I'm going to have to blast some music, recruit some children and do some cleaning.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  2:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an Instagram account - but have never posted! There are a few people I follow though :) I need to find the cord for my camera!!!!! Hubby just bought me a new computer, so perhaps now I can download pictures - if it has a place I can put the card anyways!

Yes Erin, I sometimes forget what day it is... though there are times I do it like you did and there are other days I am just off and going about the day as if it is the wrong day!!! LOVE cleaning to music with the help of children! Makes lots of giggles, but the work gets done :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  3:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DandeeRose

Who has Instagram? Here is mine. https://www.instagram.com/derbauernhof/

Mine is "sargesproudwife" on Insta

Christine

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
www.etsy.com/shop/theginghambow
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  04:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is https://www.instagram.com/stitchthrifty

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  04:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved catching up on all your guys' chatter :) Things are busy here....it seems I have so many students doing exams and festival this year. The paper exams are the most time consuming...preparing students for these exams, and marking all their work. I know it's University level material, but it still feels like it's quite time consuming. I cherish my littles that I teach that are just beginning and don't have exams, and things are just so much simpler!!

I'm taking this week and next week as spring break from homeschool - and just next week as spring break from my music studio. I have a pile of marking to do, as I wanted to get a head start on our spring cleaning this week. I got our living room, dining room and kitchen done. We got new to us couches on Monday, so that was a pretty exciting event as we've been without for a year and a half.

I'm off to the doctor right now - just thought I'd quickly check in before we go. My middle son (Levi) is having stomache issues - has really had them since birth - so I'm hoping we can iron things out today.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  06:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thinking about you Joyce! <3

Did I tell you girls I am getting 2 baby Alpine doelings?? :) Also the chicks I ordered from the hatchery Jan 30 can 2 days ago. We lost about half in shipment. It was so heartbreaking. This cold snap played a part, I think. They are shipping replacements, but not until the end of April. Meanwhile, I have 8 more chicks on order from a local guy and 20 eggs in the incubator! Gonna be a fluffybutt mama for a while! Oh, and we have 8- 4 weeks (or so) old Black sew link crosses. This link is my border collie with 2 of them on her back last night! https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtnAt-DjG4/

Tomorrow we are heading to the farm to work on the house more. We got ONE room's wallpaper down last weekend. Going rent the steamer again to remove more and do some cleaning of the other walls, as well. The renters were smokers. :/ I have also decided to try to "make do" with most of the upstairs carpet. I am renting a carpet shampooer this weekend to work on salvaging what I can.

Last weekend, I started popping off the backsplash tiles in the kitchen of the white house. It was sort of an accident. Apparently Matt wanted to see if the steamer would clean them, but as soon as I touched them 4 popped off. Turns out they were plastic. Matt was stressing about one more expense and job. I found this on pinterest. WHOLE lot cheaper and I really love the look!! Gonna be a farm kitchen, after all!!

TTYS!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  07:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope all goes well at the doctor today, Joyce!!! Enjoy your spring break!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  08:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, I am too taking next week off. It is the beginning of my staycation!! I hope they figure out a remedy for your son's tummy troubles.
Alicia, I love that back splash!!
We are planning to do Fasade backsplash like this http://fasadeideas.com/fasade-wall-panel-traditional-2-galvanized-steel We have a recessed ceiling area and we are also going to put it in there.

I am in the book buying mood today....I found a place called Discover Books and they have really good prices. If you take a look use this referral code and get 15% off http://discoverbooks.refr.cc/stitcht

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  07:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Wildflowers!!

First official day of my staycation! I have all ready ran the batteries down on my phone taking pictures to post to sell stuff. I also started a new challenge on the MJF forum making a side hustle. http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=80043

I plan to sweep all the floors, finish laundry, list some stuff on FB to rehome/sell and finish my swaps today.

Yesterday I found a beautiful fern leaf lavender plant at town. I also picked up some onion sets. I planted my first seeds of the season. Some onions, lettuces and cilantro. I also have my seed starting setup started. I will probably plant those today. I am using recycled plastic bottles cut in half, with cotton string as a water wick. I'll post a pic later to instagram.

What's your Monday plans? Have a great day gals!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  07:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning :) We are SICK here! Fighting what seems to be the flu and sinus infections!?!? I'm so tired of feeling lousy!!!! We did get three chickens over the weekend though. They are about a year old, so already laying and are still young enough to lay for awhile.

Today is the normal Monday stuff... school with the kiddos, laundry and cleaning the house. I didn't get much laundry done this weekend so I have quite the pile! I lead such an exciting life, hahahahaha

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  7:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alicia I really like that backsplash. I need a backsplash for my kitchen. My kitchen is so weird because the kitchen sink doesn't have a window above it. It really bugs me sometimes.

Joyce I wish I could take spring break! We have to plow through or we'll never be done at the end of May.

Shannon I hope you guys feel better! I have so much laundry to catch up on too.

Oh what a day I've had. Or what a day I've not had. I guess it depends how you look at it. Rory is teething so badly. He was just inconsolable in the morning. He's had a low fever and runny nose all day. He slept almost all day, but I had to hold him or he would just cry. I haven't changed out of my pjs all day! We had grilled cheese for dinner because I had to hurry up and make something! Haha, I'm lucky that I have a husband that doesn't really care what's for dinner as long as there's something. The whole day I've accomplished almost nothing. My poor baby though, he was so miserable. :( I was supposed to go to Starbucks tonight for a homeschool mom meet-up, and Fox Island (state park) for science tomorrow morning. I had to cancel both of those. Tomorrow night I have a Ladies Evening Guild meeting at church. I hope he's feeling better by then.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  05:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin - praying for you and Rory!!

Shannon - praying for the health of your family!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  10:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Erin....I am sorry! I can imagine what a LONG day that was for both of you. Hopefully today is better and you can get away for your church meeting tonight!
Shannon, hope you're all on the mend! Have you ever tried essential oils for sinus problems?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin - I am so sorry!!! Do you use amber necklaces at all for teething? They helped my children tremendously!

Debbie - I've been using peppermint and eucalyptus, as well as thieves on my feet. Funny thing is I cannot smell any of them!!!! Other suggestions???

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  10:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had someone tell me that they used those to get rid of a sinus cold/infection. I think you could put them in a diffuser at night but I'm wondering if you could use them in one of those....I can't think of what they're actually called...but they're a small steamer/humidifier thing that has a plastic piece that you put over your nose and mouth and breathe in the steam? I think Vicks makes one. DoTerra makes an oil blend called Breathe that is wonderful..I would imagine that YoungLiving has something similar.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  11:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh! I forgot! My daughter tried this and it worked wonders!!! Use 2 drops each oregano, lemon, melalueca and peppermint in a mug of HOT steaming water. Breathe in the steam! You might want to start slowly because it's stronger than you think. She said just one treatment made a difference.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  1:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon - I've done what Debbie has said her daughter does - but what I actually do is put a towel over my head and the cup, kind of like a tent - and stay that way for about 30 seconds or so (you may want to start with less) take a break, then do another around etc.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  07:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I do have an amber necklace for him that Judith sent to me! He wears it all the time. I really do think they make a difference, but I think he was/is just getting too many at once. I was trying to feel around in his mouth and it seemed like top and bottom multiple possibly. He's been better yesterday and today. I was able to go to the meeting last night, so I was happy about that.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  08:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always joked about how intelligent God is... He knows that as adults we could never handle getting teeth!!! Poor little man!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  04:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been at the farm since Saturday. Prayers for the unwell. Any better Erin and Shannon??

All I want to do is garden! My time is consumed by this house remodel; trying to fix it up and keep it affordable. We were able to save the upstairs carpets with thorough cleaning (we rented a big cleaner), with the exception of the stairs and, possibly, the hall. Downstairs has carpet in 3 rooms, we got 2 pulled up to discover....HARDWOOD! Matt is going to rent a sander and see if we can refinish, but they (especially our room) and really stained in spots.

Water is on, too. Makes life easier. One day at a time.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  5:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's always a nice surprise to find hardwood under some nasty carpet! Rory is better now. I saw some little pearly whites popping through. Poor guy. Shannon, you're so right, we could never handle it as adults!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2017 :  07:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday!

I have been stalking the discussion boards and thought I'd jump in (does anyone else keep clicking the active thread link just to see what's new or is it just me?).

I love reading about all that you are accomplishing and experiencing. I just want to glamp and garden and homestead..... but our everyday life just seems to get in the way. I am hoping to find ways to add a little Farm Girl into my days.

We are off today to find some dress clothes for my son to wear to the State Science Fair next weekend - he's growing so fast and nothing fits anymore! Hoping to decorate for Easter when we get home tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2017 :  08:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning wildflowers....been MIA during vacation. I sneek a peak at the messages, but I been BUSY!
I have been selling and destashing my stitching stuff and other stuff. I made $175 so far.
I tore into my farmgirl "cave". I moved all the shelving with DH help, put to file drawers together and made a island work area.
It is going to be so much more functional. If it just wasn't in the basement :( but at least I have a space.
I just like a window with a view, I do have a window but I mostly see the bottom of the garage as it is a basement window.
I also am so glad to have space to work on destashing more stuff. I am trying to tell my self to keep focus on just a couple hobbies. It gets so overwhelming otherwise.
Do you have a farmgirl/craft area? Any tips or tricks to organize? I had seen a idea to put ribbon and trim on big popsicle sticks, well that was a flop...they slide right off. It looked pretty in the picture, but just was not functional.
My goal in my head is to downsize to 1 self....I have 3+ now. I do mostly counted cross stitch, and small sewing projects. I also like to make cards and stamp.
This is a after and the bottom are the before's I will get better pics when done. It is still a mess and work in progress. DH said to not get to carried away as he wants to finish the wall and insulate, and run a few outlets. So for know I am trying to keep it all in bins or baskets so we can move those shelves easily.

I am really not sure where my week has went??
Yesterday my mom came over and we worked with a old yo-yo quilt/table cloth that a aunt gave me years ago that my grandmother and daughters had worked on. I think I can make a tablecloth/wall hanging. But it is going to involve much time and patience as each yo-yo needs steamed and pressed. But it is one of the few items I have that was my dad's mothers. I am thinking it would look nice with a black background under it?? I also have to figure out some old vintage fabric to fill in the missing yo's. That will be another day ;)

Alicia - awesome find on the wood floors. I just plopped down $500 for flooring for the kitchen this past Thursday. DH plans to put it in this week. Are house is in a constant state of remodel, LOL. I have been looking at plywood subfloor in the kitchen for years, I may actually miss it....it does have a rustic look and gave me a excuse to never have to mop!!!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277

Edited by - Bridge on Mar 26 2017 08:23:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2017 :  2:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a craft room that's on the main level of our house. I love it because it had a lot of light. There are two big windows in it, and the ceilings are 9 feet. I don't love that it is the constant catch-all for anything needing to quickly be whisked away when we have people over. It is in a constant state of clutter. I had hoped to tackle it this weekend and bring some organization back into my life, but unfortunately I've been sick with what I think is a sinus infection all weekend. It might just be allergies. I don't know. Me and Rory stayed home from church today. I have so much pressure in my head. This is not a good time for this! I mean is there ever a good time? Tomorrow we're supposed to observe a day in one of the Classical Conversations communities in the area. I really hope I'm feeling better tomorrow.

I've just been laying around most of the day. We are having Irish dinner 2.0 since corned beef was on sale this weekend. I've read my Montrose book a bit. I'm enjoying it so far. I also started the Worms Eat my Garbage. It's ok... lol. I mean it is about worms! :)

Bridge you'll have to post a picture of the yo-yo quilt! I'd be very interested to see it.

Laura I'm happy to see you jumping in! I know what you mean about boys growing. The struggle is real!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2017 :  4:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to have a craft room! I have always loved crafting - cross stitch, tole painting, scrapbooking and paper crafts, and now quilting. I always feel like I make a bigger mess getting my supplies out than I do actually crafting! I am filling a box of craft supplies for a traveling craft box swap on the main board... it's amazing how much stuff I have collected!

My mom passed away two years ago and she left us with an amazing fabric stash. My sister and I have been going through the stash but it's been a little overwhelming :).

Erin - I totally understand. My bedroom is our catchall room - seems I stash everything back here to keep our front rooms tidy. Hope you are feeling better soon - it's truly spring here in South Texas and the pollen is everywhere.

Bridgette - I think I need to find some of your destashing motivation!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286

Edited by - LauraBell on Mar 26 2017 4:31:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page