Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  9:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I will pray it' not Lyme disease. You have enough going on.
I have my knee replacement on Thursday morning May 11. Our son may have his bladder cancer surgery the next day, depending if the antibiotics cured up the infection they found. Pray for him too please. His name is Lee. My poor hubby doesn't need all this stress either.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  10:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Connie, I pray it isn't Lyme disease and the medicine takes care of it.
Blessings.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  03:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I hope the antibiotic helps. Prayers that the redness disappears and You don't have Lyme disease.
Bonnie, Prayers for you as you do your knee surgery. You will soon be better and able to walk pain free. That is a wonderful thing.
Prayers for your son also, as well as your husband.
Being the care giver is a big job, especially in this modern time when they send a patient home so quickly.
My husband should be in that facility they wanted to send him to. He would be so much better off. His therapist will come today. We will see if he communicates with him any better than the nurse who came out Monday. She gave him some very good 'suggestions' but he has chosen to ignore them, so far.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, Prayers for your hubby and Bonnie prayers for you and Lee! I had my replacement in 2005, so far its still doing good, just had it checked and they said it still had a lot of wear left!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  10:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I hope this medication will help. It is hard to take something that makes you feel worse so hang in there as best you can.

Bonnie, best of luck with your surgery tomorrow and your son's. Prayers for the both of you.

Marilyn, I hope the HomeCare team can reach your husband and get him more cooperative and compliant with his recovery needs. Prayers for you for patience and strength, as I know this is so very difficult.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  11:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers going up for each of you!!!! Connie - I sure hope it is not Lyme's!!! Bonnie - praying for the doctors and nurses for your surgery tomorrow <3 And praying for your son as well! Marilyn - hoping the therapist is able to instruct rather than suggest to your hubby (and for your hubby to take it that way ;) !) and for you to have the strength... and some relief as well!!! I can only imagine how difficult this is on you <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  2:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, how are you and baby doing? Is the miserable morning sickness any less?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  9:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie, I sure hope the antibiotic helps. Prayers that you don't have Lyme disease.
Bonnie, Prayers for you during and after your knee surgery. Also, prayers for your son also, as well as your husband.
A caregiver's job is not easy.
Marilyn, So sorry your husband is being uncooperative. With hip replacement or repair it is always best to follow therapist's and doctor's orders - makes recuperation go so much more smoothly. I had my hip replacement in 2010 (7 years ago) and did well.

Hugs and prayers for all others who are going through difficult times.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  3:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The antibiotic seems to be fading the red from the bite, it is making me sooooooooooooooo nauseated!!
Could I ask you all to pray for my friend Carole, she is having pancreas issues, may have to have surgery, she has some sort of cyst. I worked with her mom for years at our K-mart. Big Hug!
Happy Mother's day!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  3:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prayers for your friend, Carole.

It's good that bite red is fading, hope you feel better soon.

Ed and I pulled some weeds from the garden before we left my house today, and I think I got into some poison ivy. URGH!!! Itches like crazy.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  4:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda make a paste out of white vinegar and baking soda - put on rash. The combination of vinegar and baking soda is carbolic acid. It will fizz up.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  4:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, how much longer on the antibiotic? I am sorry it upsets your tummy so much. Prayers for you and Carole too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  9:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Sara. I'll look to see if Ed has that on hand. LOL! I'd hate to be itching during a 2-1/2 hour plane flight.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 13 2017 9:57:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers going up for your friend Carole.
Take care.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  06:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie - how are you feeling??? How much longer are you on the antibiotic? Praying for your friend Carole!

Anyone heard how Bonnie is doing? Or her son?

Linda - hope you are enjoying your vacation - and the poison ivy or whatever it ended up being is better!!!

Marilyn - is your hubby doing better? Does he have an infection? I'm so sorry to hear about his falls!! How is your son doing?

I'm not going to probably be on here much this week... the stomach bug we got hit with left me dehydrated and exhausted... resulting on contractions. So I'm on bedrest :( With as much fluids as I've had pumped in me now I'd be shocked it I was still dehydrated... but yesterday I tried helping in the kitchen and they got closer together. So back to lazy-dom I am :( I don't do well being idle, lol. Today we will see how teaching from my bed or chair go... Generally speaking my kids are pretty good kids, but they are taking full advantage of mommy not feeling well and being able to do much :( My house is trashed!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  07:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, praying you will have better days.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  11:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take care Shannon!

Have a blessed Monday everyone.

Prayers for you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  6:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals, I have not been on in days :(! I finally heard from the doctor late Friday afternoon. They said all tests came back good! Praise the Lord! I am still having some issues, but much better than they were. The mornings are a little rough, but by 11ish I seem to be empty, so at least I can go and do a little :)! I have an appointment with the NP tomorrow and she will go over everything with me and will discuss where we go from here. I like her very well, she listens and is very intelligent!

I am so sorry to hear all these prayer requests. I will be praying for all of you! Marilyn, I sure hope your hubby will listen to his medical team, it's only for his good! You need prayer so much, I can't imagine what you are going through!
Shannon, Praying you are getting better and that the baby is fine as well!
Connie, prayers for you as well!
Bonnie, praying for you and your son! - oh and hubby too!
Prayers for all of my Hen house sisters!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  7:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank all for your prayers! I am improving everyday!! The redness is faded and I'm done with the antibiotics!

So many needs, Ruth adding you to my prayer journal! Continued prayers for everyone!!! " His eye is on the Sparrow, so much more is it on us" thank you Lord!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  8:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband is getting better. Yea! He is still pretty helpless but the therapist will help him go outside for a wee walk tomorrow morning. Since I drove his truck this evening to take the trash down the lane to the big garbage can, came back and loaded the stuff that goes in my son's dump trailer, from the last yard clean up day...and went down to the barn to unload that...I expect he will be in a big hurry to get better so he can drive again. We shall see. Thank you for your prayers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  03:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, Prayers said that your doctor (with God's help) has a way to help you. Our bodies change as we get older, or mine certainly has.
Shannon, I know it is hard to be still, especially with children around, but I pray that you can. Perhaps a game of clean up is in order. A Talley Mark for each item picked up and returned to its place. ( I call these scavenger hunts.) Then a treat for all the hard work. It is difficult for kids to remember to clean up their mess before running to join a new activity. We have been trying to teach our class to do this, but they still forget.
Connie, I am glad you are through with the antibiotics, and the redness is gone.
Bonnie, I hope you are on the mend, and your son as well. Prayers for your care giver husband as well as both of you.
My son has his knee brace on, his crutches, and he continues on. He supervised his crew yesterday, came home and took several horses round and round the pasture with the four wheeler. He sees the doctor this afternoon.I teased Triston that he might just become a farmer after all. He and Baylee have the chores of feeding and watering all those critters.
God bless all of us as we go about our week.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  06:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope all of you who have been facing health issues are doing better and feeling stronger! Prayers and Hugs to you all!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  09:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blessings and Prayers continue for all you sweet ladies!
Have a good day!

hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  11:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my, prayers. For all of. Us? Connie, s glad you are not red any, more. If's a spider bite, those can be mean too.
Marilyn, hope the hubby is behavin' my son has his surgery on Tuesday, May 23 never a dull moment around here. But so far, so good.
Sara, hope that you and that wee baby are do in' ok. Hope I didn't miss anyone. God bless you all.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  12:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, how about you????

Texasgran