debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2644 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2644 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  11:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, that is a cute story! But I'm sure it didn't feel that way at the time! I remember the first time that I heard coyotes. I was only about 4 or 5 and sleeping downstairs at my aunt and uncle's house on the couch. I woke up and heard them outside during the night and it scared me!! I like to try and pick out each individual voice now...the "teenage" voices sound like they are "cracking"...haha! I had never heard of it being described as sounding like a war party, but you are right!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  03:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NATIONAL CHECKERS DAY

NATIONAL GREAT AMERICAN POT PIE DAY

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  04:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sept. 24th is

NATIONAL CHERRIES JUBILEE DAY

NATIONAL PUNCTUATION DAY

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  05:09:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somewhere in never, never
lost forever land
is my post!
But it is not here!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Denise, we had our pot pies for lunch yesterday, and the cherries were delicious this year...but I assume they are not in the stores anymore...because my husband has not brought any home in several weeks, now he brings green grapes.

Debbie, When the coyote families travel through here I hear the adults first. Then the babies can be heard. I've often wondered if i'm hearing hungry young ones or are they saying "Mommy Don't leave me!"
When I was six we moved to the oil patch known as west Texas!(Snyder) I never heard a coyote, but on Saturday afternoons we heard lots of whoops and cries of war parties at our local movie theaters. Then we went home to capture and pile up the tumbling tumble weeds...which made perfect play houses and forts. My sister and I loved to play Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans, with one corner of our thin receiving blankets pinned to the top of our heads. I guess we were brides??? We rode our ponies, broom or mop handles...no heads. Our little brother played along...but he was Davey, Davey Crockett...king of the Wild Frontier! He always wore his scabbards with his six shooters, his rifle and his coon skin hat or cap! We all had our bandanas tied loosely around our necks.
Now my tablet has never heard about any of this...because it will not stop second guessing me.
But during the three years that we lived in the country, before our home burned down, and we had to move to town...we had so many adventures.
Do you remember when your mother of grandmother had a " punchy stick" to help her with the laundry?
Back when my grandmother did her laundry in a big black cast iron pot over afire, she had two punchy sticks. When she washed with a wringer washer she also used punchy sticks.
When I had a baby and needed clean diapers my punchy stick was very valuable. They were always bleached out, the color mostly gone due to many years of use.
So...not only was an old broom Handle a great stick horse for young kids but a broom handle, cut to about 24" was a great wash day tool!

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 24 2020 07:29:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  10:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am planning to make my Potpie tonight with some left over turkey and a few veggies. Yesterday was filled with dental stuff and there wasn't time to make the crust etc. I love a good potpie too.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  03:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love pot pie too Winnie. JT not so much.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2020 :  05:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is World Mental Health Awareness day.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6003 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6003 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2020 :  10:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We need that right now!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2020 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very important topic to keep in mind. Many people suffer all their lives with mental health issues that are hard to control.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2020 :  9:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, November 8th...God gave me the most awesome gift.We had our first family dinner since they went to Wisconsin.they all came home sick, so no dinners. After lunch h we visited for a long time. What a blessing.
Then our son called and Asked us to come up to watch a video. It was a Kim Clement video. Ever since Christmas Eve 2017, when God led me to the very beginning of what is happening now...any time I mentioned something I had learned...my son and hubby would tell me you're crazy, or nothing is happening, etc. Well I dug my heels in and continued on.
Today, in the middle of that video he pointed at his dad, and said, "Dad, everything mom has been telling us is true!"
That comment made me so happy...my son has been listening to me, checking my stories out himself. He is a Christian! And now let me tell you, GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYERS.
I am so filled with JOY!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  07:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you love autumn???
I say this is a celebration time.
Cool mornings and evenings.
Daytime, sunshine is not hot, just delightful on my skin!
So soaking up vitamin D is not too difficult!
The leaves are falling!
When I went to my neighbors house to give her some eggs...I noticed her trees were dropping brown leaves on the green grass, and I thought it was beautiful!
This morning when I opened the door to let the puppy out, I noticed the yellow and red flowers that I enjoy this time of the year. I always thank God for their beauty, and say that he is a way better Gardner than me. Because He is!!!
Another celebration, unique to this year, is the belly growing on my eldest grand daughter. Baby is due in January...but I bought him some Christmas socks...just in case he or God want him to come a bit early.
What are you celebrating?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2644 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2644 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  1:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I am celebrating a quiet afternoon by the fire with my coffee and knitting! And, watching the snow come down! It was only supposed to be about an inch today but it's over 3 now and doesn't look like it's planning on stopping anytime soon. I'm glad that we went to town and did errands yesterday!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2644 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2644 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  1:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I am celebrating a quiet afternoon by the fire with my coffee and knitting! And, watching the snow come down! It was only supposed to be about an inch today but it's over 3 now and doesn't look like it's planning on stopping anytime soon. I'm glad that we went to town and did errands yesterday!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  1:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it must be beautiful. While my son and his family were on vacation in Wisconsin they saw such a lot of snow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6003 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6003 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  1:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is an awesome story Marilyn! I wish my kids would realize that!

Have a great afternoon!
Love you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  1:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Darlene, my dil told me on Sunday, in her very angry voice, " you are a conspiracy theorist. Y'all have a little group and feed off of each other." And guess what...I do not even know what she meant! My husband, oh my! Part of him wants to know, part of him ???? I give up!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  05:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is of course Veterans day. I told my husband it's too bad they don't give a free meal to the wives of servicemen for they give up their husbands for our country too.
I was reading an interview that someone had done with some of our servicemen and they said instead of thanking them, they would prefer and enjoy it if we asked about what they did or where they went. Now I know many thank them because they do not have the time to stay and talk with them but it is nice to hear what they have to say as many give up a big part of their lives for our safety. Not only that they miss out on many things with their families that we take for granted. Holidays. birthdays. children' milestones to name a few. I guess be ex military these are things that we realized we can never get back again. So pray for our soldiers and their families and let them know we care.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6003 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6003 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  06:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for all!
Thanking them all for their service they went for our Country and our people.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Nov 11 2020 08:04:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2644 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2644 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  07:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad that many of them enjoy sharing their stories. We had an older gentleman in our church that recently passed away. Several years ago he was the guest speaker at our county historical society dinner and put on a wonderful presentation about his time in the Korean War, all of the planes that he flew. He had the crowd laughing so much you kind of forgot that he was talking about an actual war!
And then there are some who can't or won't talk about it. Both of my uncles are like this. They might mention something funny that happened... I think they had to find humor to keep their sanity...but rarely do they mention the really hard things. I try and picture them as young men, flying helicopter missions in Vietnam. Another world and another time.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  10:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is sad Debbie. JT's grandfather was at the Battle of the Bulge and he would tell us stories and he would be crying but he loved to tell them. He told about one time when they were running across a field or something and his false teeth fell out. He couldn't go back and get them because they were under fire. When he got back to their platoon one of his friends came up to him and held his hand with grandpa's teeth in them! He couldn't believe it but his friend was right behind him running and just reached down and scooped them up. He told that story so many times.
I am so grateful that when we were in there were no major things happening except Libya and the navy wasn't too involved in that. But JT spent months at a time with no communication, he was on nuke subs, and letters were scarce. He usually didn't get a lot of them until he was back home. They just followed them around until they could get them. I can't imagine doing years at a time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  11:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is indeed a special day of commemorating our Veterans and their heroic service is some of the longest and nastiest wars. What joy and relief the nation must have felt back in 1945 when WWII was finally over both in the European and the Pacific theaters. it was a brutal 4 years! this past January we went to New Orleans to visit the WWII museum and it was a two full days of unbelievable information and memorabilia to view. ti gave me such a better sense of what happened and all of the effort and work that was done. If you ever have a chance to see this museum, it is well worth the trip and effort. I understand there is an equally well done museum of WWI in Kansas City and once we get past travel restrictions, I want to go there as well. Anyone been to see the one in Kansas?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2644 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2644 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  11:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, that is a great story!
My grandpa was in the SeaBees in the South Pacific. Grandma said she would get letters from him and entire sections would have been cut out before she received them. Anything that the powers that be thought might not be good information to "get out".

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9240 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9240 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  12:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, They always drilled into us "Loose lips sink ships"

Winnie, We went to the Arizona Memorial when we lived in Hawaii.
I haven't been to any of the museums. Will have to check one out sometime when we are traveling.
Do you have travel restrictions there in Florida?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  5:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God bless all the service men and women who have served to protect our country.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 45 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Everyday is a Celebration Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page