Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 New Recipes and Foods Straight from MaryJane!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic New Recipes and Foods Straight from MaryJane! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, I had to keep a secret from you for a little while. But now I get to share it with you! MaryJane has been cooking up a storm in her kitchen and has come up with new recipes and new foods! It's really neat that she, in the midst of all the other things that she has been doing, has been able to create new recipes!

So here are some of the new foods, including a whole NEW line of rice dishes. The rice is produced here in the USA on a farm in the Mid-West. She also has come up with some new "Pasta Fasta" dishes.

These are the dishes that I have gotten to sample:

Thai Fusion
Cheesy B.N.T. (Bac'un Bits, Noodles & Tomatoes)
Cheesy Noodle Casserole w/Sugar Snap Peas
Bare Burrito
Black Beans & Rice
Brown Rice & Tofu w/ Ginger Miso Broth
Curry in a Hurry
Fiesta Rice
Jambalaya
Lentils, Rice & Indian Spice
Pueblo Stew

All of these come in the Outpost size and 3# bulk bags. They are all up on the website and REI also will be carrying them in time for the summer! I am so excited for MaryJane and am completely in love with the new foods.

I am going to do a little food review of all these new dishes. My fiance is already telling me we have to buy a bulk box of Thai Fusion!

Alee

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thai Fusion-
"Combining ingredients from Morocco and Thailand; couscous, coconut milk, cilantro and chili peppers work together for a flavor that first melts on the tongue, then kicks. This is a Project F.A.R.M. (First-class American Rural Made) product."

This is amazing. You open the package and you get this wonderfully coconut smell. My mouth was watering as I let it cook itself in the pouch. My fiance and I shared this and he and I both are in love. Usually we don't like the same things- either it is too hot and spicy for me or not enough for him. This was great for us both. The couscous is really rich and filling and then the chili peppers give a great kick! The coconut was not overpowering, but rather was a nice subtle background "note".

My fiance wants to try it with shrimp, I love it just the way it come out of the pouch, but I can also see it working great with grilled chicken or just about anything really!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jambalaya-

The first of the rice dishes that we tried.

Have you ever bought one of those "quick rice meals" at the store? Like Rice-A-Roni or some such? You know how if you don't cook it _exactly_ right it turns into mush? Not a problem with MaryJane's recipe! Pour in the boiling water and come back 10 minutes later. Perfectly cooked rice! MaryJane made it so the rice would stay just a touch firm so you get this explosion of taste and the mouth feel is amazing! I loved the spice blend and it wasn't too hot for me- just perfect!

I ate half of this just by itself, but we also had some chicken breast that had to be cooked that night so I also mixed in some pan grilled chicken breast with the second half. I loved it both ways! My fiance really enjoyed his portion (we shared)and we joked that we were really impressed that MaryJane had found the perfect combination of spices for us twice in a row!

Okay- More food reviews later! All this talk about food is making me hungry! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  9:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Thai Fusion made my mouth water! I just love these fun types of foods - I can't wait to try them! Thanks for reviewing and describing them for us, Alee - I can't wait to read more!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
They sound outstanding- I can't wait to try them. Time to get the word out on these "FAST FOOD" dishes. I am getting out of the habit of eating take out for lunch and start eating hot delicious healthy meals. These sound perfect. Bravo Mary Jane!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.firehousesoapcompany.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cheesy B.N.T. (Bac'un Bits, Noodles & Tomatoes)

This was a really wonderful dish for me. Since I don't eat pork it was great to get that "bacon" flavor without actually eating bacon. Her Bac'un bits really taste like the real thing!

The noodles came out great (no mush here!) The cheese sauce is really nice and sharp which the tomatoes, onions and garlic only enhance. Its a nice simple meal with surprisingly sophisticated tastes! I really enjoyed it. Perfect for cold evenings or a summertime lunch! Much better than the scary orange mac and cheese that come in the "blue" box!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Organic Cheesy Noodle Casserole w/Sugar Snap Peas

This was another really great mac and cheese like dish. The sugar snap peas re-hydrated really great. The sugary taste of the peas really complemented the sharp white cheddar cheese. Mac and cheese is one of my favorite meals and this was so much better than what I have ever bought. It really tasted a lot like my grandmother's homemade recipe!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Black Beans and Rice-

Wow ladies! The night we had this was our "Taco" night. I put a bit of this on a tortilla- viola! Instant burrito! I also ate it just as it was too. This is a wonderful blend of rice and beans and seasonings. As you are enjoying this dish, your get to taste these wonderfully sweet peppers, cheese, rice and beans. I love to try and figure out seasonings and ingredients before I read the ingredients on the package and I wasn't surprised to find so many ingredients when I did look!

My fiance loved this as well. I think we are going to keep this on hand for taco nights and when we make bean dips for football parties!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  09:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lentils, Rice & Indian Spice

Oh Yum, Ladies! When you open the package on this food, you are greeted with this wonderful aroma of herbs and spices. Everything cooked through just wonderfully. And MaryJane put currants in this recipe! Very Clever! The Indian spice is nice and mild and the currants give a nice zesty "pop"! You feel like you are in an open air bazaar right in India getting a bowl of rice and lentils for lunch.

I can't say enough about MaryJane's rice! I love it! If there is one thing that is hard for me to eat- it's mushy rice. I love how this rice cooks all the way through, but stays a tiny bit firm.

The lentils absorbed the flavors of the dish nicely and help hold it all together. We liked how all the different flavors could be tasted distinctly but that they also melded really nicely.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  09:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Pueblo Stew-

My Fiance and I both really enjoyed this dish. The parmesan flavor comes through really nicely and the dish itself is actually very thick. I haven't eaten much Polenta before, but this was amazing. My fiance even pointed out that this would make an amazing addition to a plate of spaghetti.

I love how the red bell peppers and tomatoes brought out the flavor of the parmesan. There is a bit of citric acid in the mix and it seems to brighten up the flavor and really enhances some of the spices and herbs that MaryJane used.

Now if we take these foods camping...are we ever going to want to come home? This is a long stretch from the roughin it grub that I grew up with! And do you want to know what the (almost) best part is? No dishes, except your silverware!

Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  1:36:05 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree with you Alee on the Thai Fusion and the Jambalaya! I LOVE them. The Thai Fusion has such a great sweet taste and then you get hit with this spicy pepper taste! It's incredible!!! That is an awesome idea to add shrimp and chicken. I'm going to have to try that!

Thanks Alee!!
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic New Recipes and Foods Straight from MaryJane! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page