Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Pic's of progress in laundry room
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Pic's of progress in laundry room Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  08:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Well, we've made some progress...DH drill-pressed all the holes for the barn pegs and I got the pegs glued in. He routed the backs of the peg boards so they'd fit over the top edge of the wainscot. They're on the wall and I'm actually in the process of primer-coating them but will post those pic's later.

Lost the photos...

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Apr 23 2016 6:09:20 PM

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  09:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh, that is going to be a beautiful laundry room!! I love all the pegs. Such a classic look. Yay for you and your dh!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  09:10:24 AM  Show Profile
oh my! how lovaly!!! that could make laundry fun!

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  09:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks farmgirls! I esp. love this "new" room since I know what my previous laundryroom looks like...uggghhhh!

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Chandra,
I LOVE knotty pine. It gives me that cozy 60's retro feel/look of the time when I lived w/my American Grandma while Daddy was stationed in Korea.

The knotty pine also is very Euro, as in many German farmhomes especially the kitchens.
Thanx for sharing the pic's & lucky you to have such a kool laundry room.
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 08 2007 12:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beach Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg VA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Your laundry room is going to be beautiful.

Oh how I wish I had a cool laundry room! Mine is, well...in the cellar, complete with critters: spiders, big ol' nasty roaches, etc. I have to go outside and then down into the basement (great when it's raining!). Ah, yes, the joys of an old house.....

Vanessa
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  12:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
ooo I love the wood and pegs! Very nice work! Can you do ours :-P

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  1:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh, you girls are sweet and say the kindest things.
Grace, it was supposed to be pine, the plan was to paint all of it, but we made a mistake & didn't notice till we got it home how wonderful it smelled. We looked @ the receipt and it said wood is cedar. Needless to say, we won't be painting it.
Vanessa, I've been there-done that. For years...critters, spiders, those "big ol' nasty roaches", oh but I didn't have to go outside after the first year of DH rushing to see what I was screaming about "this time". This house used to have it's only access door to laundry--outside. Well, DH changed that in a hurry, but house still has spiders, critters, big ol' nasty roaches because we're in a very rural area in Louisiana, comes with the territory. The old laundry room is what used to be part of the back porch, converted into the multi-functional laundry/closet/master bathroom. Oh, it's such a long story. Anyway...changes happening and I am sooo grateful to have a sunny room to do laundry in. Vanessa...tell me 'bout your old house. I love the character this house has. Sometimes though...well that's another story. Thanks Bridget! Pegs are big barn pegs. I love 'em too! It's no small task to do something like this in an old house where nothing is straight or even, but we learned a lot. Just read, read, & read some more.

Go to Top of Page

Beach Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg VA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  3:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, Chandra, my old house was built in 1935 by a lighthouse keeper here at the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. He also helped to build the Assembly of God churches in our village of Buxton and the one in the village of Avon; a carpenter and a lighthouse keeper. It is a Craftsman style bungalow and you can see it on my blog at http://yahwehsretreat.blogspot.com/

You can also read some interesting history about it on my picture blog at http://beachgirlspics.blogspot.com/search/label/Yahweh%27s%20Retreat

I have been extremely busy recently (knitting like a banshee for Christmas!) so I have not updated them in a while.

I love this house! It is the coolest house I have ever lived in, full of character and charm. If we end up going back to Virginia (as to why, see my posts on FARMGIRL CHAPTER CHATTER-Inner Mountain Mud Hens Cyber chapter! :Updates), I will truly miss this house and the history that goes along with it.

One of it's cool little tidbits are the holes in the floors. When I first moved in, I found several holes the size of quarters in every single room downstairs. My first thought was radiators, but it just didn't fit with their locations and the fact that there were at least 2 in each room. I finally figured out that those were the "hurricane holes." When hurricanes would come in and if the water should come up that high, the water would come in through the holes. This kept the houses from breaking off the foundation under the extreme power and pressure of the water, as well as acted as drainage once the water receded.

The house has been added onto several times and I have yet to figure out exactly where the original kitchen was, but I do have some theories. It's drafty in the winter, but that's OK. I don't mind living in a little crooked house! Even if it does have a basement with those big ol' nasty roaches, LOL!

Vanessa
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Pic's of progress in laundry room Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page