Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Frugal Felt Christmas Gifts and Kids Ornaments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Frugal Felt Christmas Gifts and Kids Ornaments Next Topic  

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  8:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Today I made the kid's Christmas ornaments for this year, I traced their little hands in the shape of mittens onto white felt, cut out and blanket stitched around with white thread including their name and the year and then let Bella embroider onto hers with bright colored thread. I may embroider a music note onto Jack's since he LIVES to dance -he is only one so he isn't quite ready for handwork;)

I am making knitting needle cases with felt cut into two long rectangles and stitched around for my momma and little wool pincushions for girlfriends...

Please do use wool felt, a little added cost to feel the warmth of natural fibers.

What frugal gift ideas do you have?
Warmly, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  07:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Lovely ideas! Your momma and girlfriends are blessed!
I LOVE wool felt and have made lots of stuff with it!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  2:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas!!! I love sewing with wool felt and plan some needle cases for last minute girlfriend gifts and have been doing some simple knitted dishcloths. I love them idea of the ornaments...my kids would love those. I am trying hard to save money and not go buy our usual Hallmark ornament for each kid..that really really really adds up!! These sound cuter anyhow!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:17:39 PM  Show Profile
As far as the ornaments go I might use two layers of felt next time- they look great but two would be a bit sturdier and hide the back of the embroidery.
They do look quite nice on the tree and will be easy to store. Another bonus is that they will not break like the lovely glass ones we have painted in the past.
Warmly, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile
How funny...I just assumed two layers....good thing I guess. They are such a good idea!! The non breakable part is for sure a plus!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:57:17 PM  Show Profile
What an enchanting idea, Rebekka! This would be such a nice project to do for a young Sunday School class well. Thanks for sharing it!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Frugal Felt Christmas Gifts and Kids Ornaments Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page