Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Getting a little scary with the thrift store...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting a little scary with the thrift store... Next Topic  

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  12:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so I am doing a little "spa day" on Monday 2/18 for some friends of mine. We're going to make and do facials, making a cleanser, mask, moisturizer, toner, etc out of fruits and veggies and natural, organic ingredients and such. I'll do a soapmaking demo and we'll make a lotion bar and lip balm.
Well...of course I was wondering what I was gonna wear and which apron. I like to wear a full apron, cause when I get creative, I get a little messy...I would love it if I had a nice white or off-white with lace or ruffle trim and I could wear it over a grey cotton knit casual dress - so I went to my favorite thrift looking for something...and I actually FOUND a grey-ish full apron with some colored stripes on it that was homemade by someone and it will work just fine for my purposes. It looks like kind of a Mexican trim, and even has a pocket. Finding it like that was...kind of a little eerie for me.
At the same time, I found a hard back copy of a book I've been looking for for some time - it just jumped off the shelf at me.
I'm wondering if I am manifesting these goodies to come my way?!?
Well, it wasn't as good as Nancy Jo's days at the thrift, but it worked for me :-) Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  1:02:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy, that's what it's all about. Things just seem to jump out at ya when you need them/or want them. M

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  1:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
That's 'Nancy Jo's first law of thrifting', all right. If you need it, it will come. LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  2:45:11 PM  Show Profile
THIS IS TRUE!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like more Law of Attraction!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  03:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Don't you just love days like that. It helps make up for all the "Dry days" that we have sometimes. There have been times I have totally hit the "motherload" and other times I have left empty handed. Funny, on the days I leave empty handed I feel almost sad or picked on! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  08:57:38 AM  Show Profile
Now if that book fell and hit you on the head, I guess you could call it fate? haha. I'm getting ready to head out thrifting. Hope to find some goodies to share. :)

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  04:11:18 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I headed to the office supply store one day because we'd decided to bite the bullet and buy a filing cabinet. Two blocks from the store, we found a filing cabinet on the curb. It's amazing how these things just happen sometimes. Trouble is you can't really count on them happening at a convenient time and place. But it's really cool when they do.
Go to Top of Page

italianchildhood
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

172 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  09:23:12 AM  Show Profile
I agree completely: you just don't know when or where, but all of a sudden, why, there's a perfect bookcase! A little scuffed but perfect!

----------------------
http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds listings
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17044 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17044 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  7:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
you went shopping w/o me!?!?!?!
hmmmm, this will cost you my friend!!!! lol!
Oh, by the by, I saw that there is a Value Village over in Spokane Valley on Sprague!!!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 18 2008 7:50:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting a little scary with the thrift store... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page