Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2021 :  3:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“I made my own garden gate as a decoration for my house. I painted a wood picket fence, attached it with hinges to a little house, put on a garden gate latch, painted it and put my grandkids inside as if they were growing as flowers. I made my cold frame hoop house for my garden on October 1st 2021.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2021 :  3:07:38 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Pottery/Ceramics Merit Badge!

“I researched the different kinds of kilns. There are electric, gas, and wood. The different kinds of firing techniques are oxidation, reduction, salt, wood, and roku. Firing is the process of bringing clay and glazes to a high temperature. The final aim is to heat it to the point the clay and glazes are mature at the optimal level of melting. I made a ceramic llama because we own llamas and alpacas. I talked with the local Mad Potters shop employee about their kiln firings and had my piece fired after I did the glazing.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:37:52 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“For this merit badge, I read the book “Beef: The Untold Story of How Milk, Meat, and Muscle Shaped the World”. This was a fascinating look at the history of cattle and the beef industry. One quote that I found interesting was “What happened to cattle between 1500 and 1800 is what happened to the world. As the map unfolded and religions splintered and old truths fell apart at the first gust of change, new nations had to be built out of the dust. So did empires. So did ideas. And one of these ideas was the concept that we could take an animal and reshape it any way we liked. Instead of thinking about cattle as sacred, or merely valuable, we learned to think of them as a problem to be solved” ... "Cows are animals, and we used to treat them as such. We exploited them alive and dead, but we left them in enough peace so that they could fulfil their life’s purpose, which was to stand in a pasture and chew. By yanking them from their habitat, breeding them to physiological extremes, and pushing them through an industrial process as if they were identical to Model T’s, we’ve forgotten an obvious truth. Being animals, cows are part of an ecological whole, along with the grass and the groundwater.”

We are fortunate to have several local meat producers in our area. “The Paddock” butcher shop sells chemical-free, ethically-raised and pasture-fed beef, pork, lamb and chicken. The lamb and beef are raised locally on the Ellison’s farms, the pork is sourced from a local farm called ‘Danamila’. Their vision is “to inspire our customers and the community to know and understand the origin and value of locally grown food”. The Cobb & Co farmers markets is also a great place to buy local meats – Emperor’s Pork & Lamb from Hampton, Wilgavale Organic Meats & Sausages from Mt. Tyson, and GreenAg Turkey from Kingsthorpe. I have also purchased turkey directly from GreenAg Turkey.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Organic on a Budget Merit Badge!

“I have often been one to shop the perimeter of the grocery store, however over the past 2 months, I re-evaluated my grocery list to eliminate even more of the middle section. I am now making all of my own salad dressings & preserves, I have been using the gluten-free MaryJane’s Budget mix (or making her recipe for the BakeOver crust), and I have endeavored to source more local and seasonal products.

Beside my own vegetable garden, herbs and fruit trees, I'm able to get extra eggs from my mother, local avocadoes from Kate’s roadside stand (she also has lemons and silverbeet available at the moment), Caz’s sourdough bread, local raw honey from Cabarlah, and local meats from “The Paddock”. I'm even getting my coffee, freshly ground from a store in Toowoomba. The only items that I purchased from the middle of the grocery store were toilet paper, canned tuna, coconut oil and olive oil.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I continued to look for recipes to make my own bath products. I found a nice recipe for some Goat's Milk Bath Salts containing goat's milk powder, Epsom salts (Magnesium), bicarbonate of soda and Himalayan sea salt. You simply add this mix to the bath water and soak all your troubles away!

The second recipe that I tried was for bath bombs using baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, fine sea salt, coconut oil, and water. I decided not to add the optional food colouring. These turned out really well and would make great gifts!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:41:53 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“Our household consists of my husband and I. We decided to start this merit badge together when we were on holidays in Tasmania in July. It seemed easier to disconnect from the TV while we were away from home. Instead, we would have a nice meal out or, on some evenings, we simply went to bed early and read our books. We continued this badge when we got home and now enjoy the quality time together. We purchased a hot tub for our outdoor living area at the beginning of the year and we have commented how nice it is to spend the evening in there just talking about our day. We have also pulled the pack of cards out on the odd evening to play a game of rummy. We also enjoy playing a board game called “Cathedral”.

Our friends Wayne & Marie also love game nights and we get together periodically with them and their 2 children to have dinner and play board games together. On our last games’ night we played “Logo” and “Shout.””

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Rocks and Minerals Merit Badge!

“A mineral is a naturally occurring substance with distinctive chemical and physical properties, composition and atomic structure. Rocks are generally made up of two of more minerals, mixed up through geological processes.

Most minerals can be characterized and classified by their unique physical properties: hardness, lustre, colour, streak, specific gravity, cleavage, fracture, and tenacity.

There are three kinds of rock: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. Igneous rocks form when molten rock (magma or lava) cools and solidifies. Sedimentary rocks originate when particles settle out of water or air, or by precipitation of minerals from water. They accumulate in layers. Metamorphic rocks were once igneous or sedimentary rocks, but have been changed (metamorphosed) as a result of intense heat and/or pressure within the Earth's crust. They are crystalline and often have a “squashed” (foliated or banded) texture.

The many uses of rocks and minerals include:-
1. Medicinal purpose. e.g vitamin products;
2. Food purpose. e.g Halite(common salt);
3. Cosmetology e.g Montmorilonite;
4. Aestetics and beauty. e.g opal, talc, emerald;
5. Building and finishing. e.g granite, marbles, calcite etc;
6. Manufacturing. e.g copper, iron etc;
7. Ceramics and accessories. e.g kaolin, silica etc;
8. Pigmentation;
9. Domestic purposes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:44:24 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Geography Merit Badge!

“I had previously researched Cambodia for my intermediate Geography badge and also for my Languages/Culture badge and, the more I explore this fascinating country, the more interested I have become in one day traveling there to see it for myself. So, now for my expert badge, I will share what I have learned about this amazing country.

Cambodia is a country with a history both inspiring and depressing. One can ascend to the realm of the gods at Angkor Wat, a spectacular fusion of spirituality, symbolism and symmetry, but then one can also descend into the darkness of Tuol Sleng to witness the crimes of the Khmer Rouge.

Cambodia is fringed by beautiful beaches and tropical islands, sustained by the mother waters of the Mekong River and cloaked in some of the region’s few remaining emerald wildernesses. Cambodia’s pristine environment is a big draw for adventurous ecotourists, but much of it is currently under threat. Ancient forests are being razed to make way for plantations, rivers are being sized up for major hydroelectric power plants and the south coast is being explored by leading oil companies. Places like the Cardamom Mountains are in the front line and it remains to be seen whether the environmentalists or the economists will win the debate.

There are about 16 million people living in Cambodia. According to official statistics, more than 90% of the people who live in Cambodia are ethnic Khmers, making the country the most ethnically homogenous in Southeast Asia. However, unofficially, the figure is probably smaller due to the large influx of Chinese and Vietnamese in the past century. Phnom Penh is the country’s capital. The glimmering spires of the Royal Palace, the fluttering saffron of the monk’s robes and the luscious location on the banks of the mighty Mekong—this is the Asia many day-dream about from afar (much like myself). One amazing description that I read describes the capital like this: “Motorbikes whiz through laneways without a thought for pedestrians; markets exude pungent scents; and all the while the sounds of life—of commerce, of survival—reverberate through the streets.” Once the ‘Pearl of Asia’, Phnom Penh’s shine was tarnished by the impact of war and revolution. But the city has risen from the ashes to take its place among the hip capitals of the region, with alluring café culture, bustling bars and a world-class food scene.

For my intermediate badge, I had planned a trip to Cambodia which would include first exploring the city of Phnom Penh, visiting the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek - which tell the story of the tragic legacy of the Khmer Rouge. From Phnom Penh, we would take a riverboat to Siem Reap on the Tonle Sap river. This passes by rural villages where you can watch quiet moments of daily life play out in front of you on the water. In Siem Reap we would visit the temples of Angkor (Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, the 'Great Royal City', and Bayon Temple). Here we would also visit the Sala Bai Hotel School where underprivileged local youths learn skills that enable them to find gainful employment in the hospitality industry. Other sites around Siem Reap are the Ta Prohm temple, Srah Srang Lake, Banteay Srei, and the vaulted corridors of Preah Khan.

For the final part of this badge, I researched my ancestry. My maiden name was ‘Kerle’ which in German means ‘men’ of extraordinary qualities! They might have been tall, strong men in the beginning, so others would describe the “Kerles” in Germany as “Das sind schon Kerle!” (“Aren’t they men!”).

Johann August (known as August) was born in Barenklau, Brandenburg, Prussia on 28 July 1862, and at the age of ten immigrated to Australia with his parents and younger brother, Johann Gustav, as free passengers on the sailing ship “Lammershagen” on her second voyage to Queensland. They arrived in Moreton Bay, Brisbane, on 8 January 1873. The ship went into quarantine at Peel Island, on 9 January 1873. Having spent the then obligatory 40 days in quarantine, the family came ashore at Brisbane, and on 14 March 1873, under the 71st Section of ‘The Crown Lands Alienation Act of 1868”, August’s parents purchased a block 584 in the Rosewood Scrub at Two Tree Hill in the Parish of Walloon, at a cost of 11 pounds, 11 shillings and threepence. The harsh living conditions experienced in Australia were a vast contrast to their life in Germany. August received no formal education (the first school wasn’t established in the area until 1878 when August was 16). On 21 September 1882, August married Dorothea Karoline Johanne Reller, born in Rudersdorf, Niederbarnim, Germany on 22 June 1863. The ceremony was performed in the Zion church at Back Plain (now Minden), according to the rites of the Lutheran church. 14 living children and stillborn twins were born to the marriage. All 16 children except Paul were born at home. My Great Grandfather (Benno Friedrich (Fred)) was August & Dorothea’s second child. Fred received very little schooling and while still of a young age, worked with his father and brother, Oskar, at carpentry and roadwork, as well as working on the family farm. On 5 May 1909, he married Rosalie Zabel and together they had 11 children. My Grandfather (Percy) was the 4th eldest.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  2:59:15 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Pottery/Ceramics Merit Badge!

“I went down to the local pottery studio called Mad Potter's in Brentwood with my friend. The employee showed us all the different types of glazes and their applications. We watched the owner working on the Potter's wheel throwing the clay and shaping a pot. I chose to do the complex coil pot in a series of 3 pieces. Between making my items and being at the studio and the firing process it totaled more than 20 hours.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2021 :  3:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Grow Where You're Planted Merit Badge!

“I planted a Silver King Euonymus shrub in my yard. I completed a California master gardener program for my county through the online extension office. The topic was friend or foe plants animal pests in your garden by John Fike. It took me a while to locate the book called Roots Demystified online to order it, but I finally got it and read through it. It was interesting about the different root systems of plants and how to cultivate them for the optimal benefit.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  2:41:25 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Tatting Merit Badge!

“I continued on my tatting journey I've gotten a little bit faster. I tried different types of threads. I learned how to join my picots. I also got together with some farmgirl friends and taught them how to tat and we talked about the theory of tatting. I tatted around a hanky for my daughter-in-law for Christmas. It turned out so pretty.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  2:42:55 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“I started a wild-yeast starter using the instructions in MaryJane's book. I fed it for seven days then used it to make sourdough bread. I moved on to make two loaves of Bara Brith bread. I really liked how that bread turned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  2:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Knotty Farmgirls Merit Badge!

“I learned the difference between a knot, a splice, and a hitch. A knot is used to join two ropes together or a rope to itself. A splice is a permanent knot formed by interweaving the strands of a single rope or of two ropes. A hitch is used to fix a rope to another object, such as a carabiner or pole, and relies on that object to hold.

I learned how to splice a rope I then learned how to make my own rope. I made at least six feet of rope. I taught a farmerette how to make her own rope. She really enjoyed making her own rope.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  2:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I researched some horse rescues in my area. I located one that my friend recommended. My friend then set up a time for the rescue group to come to her farm to learn how to rescue animals when there's a fire or some natural disaster in that area or our area. We all got together and learned how to properly get the llamas and the alpacas moved into trailers so they could be rescued.

I donated over 5 hours to a stable. I mucked and shoveled manure off the ground. I did learn how to feed the horses also, but I spent most of my time mucking the stalls. When I first started, I had never really been around horses very much so I didn't know what to expect. I was a little timid walking around them. But after the second day, I got a little more courageous and I wasn't so scared or timid around them. I actually had fun doing it getting to know the horses, and petting and talking to them. One of the horses that I was putting the hay in his little raise been would pull it out and put it on the ground. I would go over there and I pick it up and put it back in. He would dump it right back on my head I think the horse was laughing at me at that point. But I didn't mind, I just thought was kind of funny how he kept taking it out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  2:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Spinning Merit Badge!

“I got some fiber from my friend, Candy, who raises llamas. I learned how to card it how to spin it with my fingers. I then use a spindle to spin some. It turned really well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Forage for Food Merit Badge!

“I contacted my local University of California Cooperative Extension office to ask about the resources for finding the plants in my area that are edible, where they grow, and what seasons are peak to forage. They referred me to the local master gardener program I contacted them and they haven't gotten back to me yet, so I went down to the local Knightsen Agricultural District office and spoke to Janessa who gave me resources about crop management, pest control and suggested I check out COFA, master gardener's, and Calflora. I emailed library@maryjanefarms.org. I also went on the internet to look up best wild mushroom recipes. It was interesting.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Forage for Food Merit Badge!

“Today I went out to different places to look for plants that were edible. My friend turned me on to the phone app called Google lens which helps identify the plants by taking a photo. I found Prickly wild lettuce, wild radish, and several different mushrooms.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:32:46 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Forage for Food Merit Badge!

“I foraged for food in my area and found blackberries, Italian parsley, mushrooms and black walnuts. I've included the photographs. My professional told me to identify edible mushrooms by the color of the underside being brown or tan and more of a flat top cap. You should never eat pink or red and stay away from the white undersides and tops. I organized a wild mushroom hunt for my Brentwood Farm Girl chapter on 11/21/21. No one showed up, but it was seen by 23 members so I went on the hike hike by myself. I only found one mushroom on that hike. Later that same day, I went on a second hunt where I found more mushrooms at a second location. I included a photo of my advertisement to my chapter group and me at the first location for the hunt. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:34:51 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Farmgirl Shutterbugs Merit Badge!

“I took pictures of our local Brentwood Hometown Halloween event and I also took pictures at a horse ranch where I took care of 10 horses for 8 days. I converted 12 photos onto a calendar. I've posted on Merit badge chitchat. The book I read was Understanding Color by Bryan Peterson. I looked at/through 3 more books for fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:36:27 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level 3 R's Rule (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) Merit Badge!

“I used one of my old baskets and painted it to become a garden tool carrier, gift carrier or gathering basket in the garden. I then took an old mug and put a bunch of twigs and debris in it to become an outdoor bug house and hung in a tree. I advertised on Facebook a coastal clean up event in our town at Big Break Regional Shoreline for 9/18/2021 and a few of our chapter members came out to help. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Tatting Merit Badge!

“This was a challenging badge. I learned how to double stitch picot, form the rings, and do a chain. I made a length of tatting over 3 feet long. I'm new at this, so I didn't have to teach someone how to tatt. I have one friend who has asked me to show her. It was challenging.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:39:17 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Tatting Merit Badge!

“I tried to learn how to tat back in May of 2021 and still couldn't quite get the hang of it. I took up the project again in November and stuck with it to finish my 3 foot chain. I have tried a cotton thread and a crochet poly thread. I learned how to join picots during the beginner level. I did the hankie all-in-one day. It's finally starting to click. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lend a Hand to Farm Families Merit Badge!

“It's amazing how the hours add up without even realizing it.

May 14th I helped with laparoscopic artificial insemination of sheep.
July 1st, I helped with ultrasounding the sheep to see how many of them were pregnant. September 24th through October 3rd, for 5 days, I was on call for sheep birthing.
November 15th I was called to a ranch to birth a stuck lamb and finally, we have a steer on our property that we feed every morning, except for weekends.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I wrote a letter of gratitude to our local veterans. I wrote a letter to the editor of the Brentwood Press encouraging our community to show their appreciation and gratitude for the military veterans locally. I've continued to read The Book of Awesome, and I am about halfway through it. I also wrote calligraphy cards for the local veterans and I attended the Brentwood Veterans Day celebration. We also collected donations for the Blue Star Moms who send care packages overseas.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Action Merit Badge!

“I've been following this issue in my community for several months now. The city is building a lot of new homes in my area. I live on a ranch in the unincorporated area of town. The city plans to build 2 new subdivisions of single family homes as well as a new shopping center. I've researched the topic and attended online city council meetings. The branch of government that is responsible for this issue is the Legislative branch of the city council and the county for ordinances to regulate land use and carry out policies of the general plan. It's good to get direct information from city council.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page