Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2023 :  07:55:00 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer Nitkowski (Jennifernitkowski, #8521) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I learned how to do counted cross-stitch and make a magnet. It worked out great! I messed up a few stitches but I don’t think it’s noticeable.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  09:36:05 AM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“I live in the town beside the town I was born in. I frequently travel there and have attended community events in that town. It is a small town so no museums, but plenty of festivals. :)”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  09:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“I like to clean out my cabinets once a year, typically right after the Christmas holiday. I throw out any mismatched items as well as move or toss any small kitchen appliances that were not used that year. Tossing and decluttering in the kitchen makes for a happy workspace.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  09:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Hannah Frankowski (GinnyBelle, #6994) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“To start, I researched different holiday traditions that are celebrated in Cajun culture. Because they are predominantly Catholic, many of their traditions follow Saint's Days and other Christian holidays, but adding their own regional spin.

The holiday I chose to celebrate was Mardi Gras, which is similar to Carnival in other parts of the world. To celebrate, I ordered a King Cake up from New Orleans, cooked Crawfish Etouffee, we dressed up, and watched some of the parades online.

I attempted to sing La Danse de Mardi Gras for my husband.

The research was enlightening. Much of the other holiday traditions were not unlike our own, but Mardi Gras surprised me. Of course everyone is familiar with the New Orleans version, (beads, parades, etc.), but more interesting to me were the South Louisiana Cajun traditions. They dress in elaborate homemade costumes and beg door to door for gumbo ingredients before ultimately chasing down a chicken. It is pretty neat to see, from what I could tell by watching some of the Church Point footage on Facebook.

The song presentation was less than spectacular. I had trouble memorizing all the lyrics, so I had them in front of me while I attempted to sing along to La Danse de Mardi Gras by the Balfa Brothers. We got a good laugh out of my attempt for sure.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  09:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Hannah Frankowski (GinnyBelle, #6994) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“I learned some things about Cocoa beans and what goes into readying them for consumption while reading the book for the beginner badge. I looked online for further information.

I watched a video on how to temper chocolate.

I made a Sloppy Joe recipe containing cocoa powder as well as Peppermint Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites.

The research was fine. It was amazing to me how much work goes in to making the beans usable. Something I just kind of took for granted.

The video was very informative and tempering chocolate doesn't look as hard as I was afraid it would be. I'm excited to try my new knowledge when I make my truffles for the expert level.

The Sloppy Joes turned out great! The cocoa powder added a nice depth of flavor. I also added a touch of cinnamon, though it wasn't called for. It gave it kind of a Cincinnati chili taste.

The Peppermint Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites turned out really good as well, but I plan on making them again in the future and making some adjustments. They bake in a mini muffin pan, and I used liners as I would for muffins. They did not want to peel out of their papers! Next time, I will grease the cups and skip the papers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  10:03:24 AM  Show Profile
Hannah Frankowski (GinnyBelle, #6994) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I gathered my six favorite bags for shopping. Four of my sturdiest canvas bags, 1 insulated bag, and one collapsible crate. I'm going to make a conscious effort to remember to take them inside the stores with me.

I think it went really well. I'm going to pack them all, as well as a couple others that I have floating around, into the insulated bag so that they are all together in one bag ready to grab. Unfortunately, I don't think my furry photo bomber will be able to come along. Haha!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  10:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level UFOs Merit Badge!

“I earned this Merit Badge by gathering up all of my UFOs. They are now stashed in large baggies with their directions and what is needed to finish them. I will be busy for quite a bit . . . I let them get out of control!

I chose one, and I finished it! I posted a photo of the finished product in the chatroom under Merit Badge Chit Chat. My UFO turned out great! I am so proud of the fact that I finished it! I plan to start the Intermediate Badge right away because I have a large bin and a couple of smaller ones that really need attention . . . too many unfinished things! This Merit Badge is helping me get things under control! I also learned a new skill through this badge—I can now attach a photo!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  10:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received certificates of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Nellie Will-do Merit Badge!

“I completed all of the Merit Badge levels. I made nine needlepoint stockings from scratch—tracing, stitching, blocking, and sewing. Each stocking took about 50 hours to complete - for a total of around 450 hours of work. Photos of each one are included!

They turned out amazing! Each one is custom-made, with no two looking exactly the same. Each angel stocking has the girl's hair and eye color to match hers. Each boy chose the color of the toy car at Santa's feet. The stockings are personalized with the recipient's name. I'm making one for each member of my family. I've completed 23 to date and only have 17 more to make—unless, of course, there are new additions to our large family!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  11:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Her-story Merit Badge!

“I read two biographies about influential women; one featuring a woman from the 1900s and the other from the 1800s. I shared five things from each book the I learned about the women I chose.

I chose a book about Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell (Feb. 3, 1821 - May 31, 1910)and one about Nancy Davis Reagan (July 6, 1921 - Mar. 6, 2016). These two women were very interesting. They each accomplished great things in their lives. They went about things in very different ways, but each was an accomplished woman in her own way. I have shared what I learned about each woman in Merit Badge Chit Chat!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  11:04:13 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I identified five herbs and their possible uses. I've tried all of them and use most of them on a regular basis in my cooking.

I identified and researched basil, coriander (which I found out is from the same plant as cilantro), parsley, sage, and thyme. I like to use them in my cooking, but prefer coriander seeds to the leaves.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“I went to Fort Point in San Francisco, CA to attend their living history Civil War Reenactment on 2/25/2023. While I was there, I learned about the Fort and the role it played in the 1800s. There were people dressed in period costumes and displays of artifacts from that time. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2023 :  1:47:19 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Basketry Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I researched Native American basket weaving by looking online and looking in my books. I made a basket from a glass plate with fabric glued to it to make the base. Then I used wire for the sides and macrame rope for weaving. To end the rope on the handle, I made a decorative coil and glued it down.

With the research, shopping for supplies, and the process of making the basket, I invested 10 hours.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  07:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Aneta Smith (Ranchland, #8224) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Path to Zero Waste Merit Badge!

“Zero-waste living is a method for analyzing an organization of waste stream. Where we constantly ask ourselves "What am I using and why?"

During my waste audit, I found it was important to look at all the ways to reuse the plastic items we buy. The plastic bags are easily replaceable with good crocheted bags. I'm also learning new ways to reuse plastic containers like seed starters and seedling covers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  07:51:12 AM  Show Profile
Aneta Smith (Ranchland, #8224) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Path to Zero Waste Merit Badge!

“I wrote down the things we threw away that you just don’t pay attention to unless you write it down. Just like the beginner you just don’t realize how much plastic we use.

Well, so far we are using reusable bags, not buying fruits and vegetables in plastic containers, and using more glass jars to store items in and less plastic.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  07:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Aneta Smith (Ranchland, #8224) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Path to Zero Waste Merit Badge!

“As far as ways to reduce our family’s waste, I write down what we use and eat the leftovers in the fridge. We compost what we don’t eat or give it to the neighbor's chickens or pigs.

I compost what I can in a bucket in the winter when we're home. What we don’t use in the months we are in the warmer states, we compost. We compost with what I call an in-ground system because of rodents. I just bury the compost in a spot I’ll grow in next year and it will be great soil to plant in the spring.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  08:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I like my collection of shells. Today, my shells are on the fireplace mantel. Next month, they might be on the hall table. I rearrange my decorations and collection with every new season. It's fun to collect things that make you happy.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  08:32:54 AM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Macrame Merit Badge!

“For this macrame project, I choose the wire moon with a couple of simple knots, the larks head knot and the square knot. It took some time to finish but I like it. It was fun to learn to macrame.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  08:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“This is my full-sized apron with a bee pattern material and two bee pins. I made it reversible so the back side is a sunny yellow!

It was nice to make a full-sized apron. Had to remember reversible sewing techniques.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  08:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Scrapbooking Merit Badge!

“I made these scrapbook pages for a person who owned these animals. He showed chickens and sheep in a 4-H project. This was a nice way to remember them.

It turned out well. It took time finding pictures to use.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  11:30:07 AM  Show Profile
Tina VanDaam (TinaTina, #8431) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level 'Out There' Women Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by collecting items for my Survival Kit and writing about ten native plants and if they have medicinal and edible properties.

This badge was fun as I found out a lot of uses for native plants besides planting them and if I was out stuck in the wild I could use this as a guide for what to eat.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  11:31:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Joplin (Nancy Joplin, #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Shutterbugs Merit Badge!

“I researched the terms: f-stop, shutter speed, ISO (film speed), depth of field, framing, rule of thirds, and leading lines. I learned how they relate to photography.

I took 20 photos that demonstrate how I am living the farmgirl life. I shared them in the Farmgirl Chatroom.

I've learned and applied the terms in my photo taking. My Granddaughter and I had a great time working on our badges and taking the photographs of our work! I shared nine of the photos in the Chatroom. On to the Intermediate Level!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  11:33:16 AM  Show Profile
Kristin Pieper (#8524) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I already have a library card that I have had for about 20 years now. The library is one of my favorite places and I am so glad that I have passed this down to my son who is now 10. We both have our TBR piles ready to go. We enjoy finding new and interesting bookmarks to use as well! Reading opens up so many possibilities. Happy reading everyone!

I turned out great! Excited to officially have a stack to look forward too instead of finishing a book then faced with deciding what to read next.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  12:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I will continue to replace beauty products with natural products.

I've created lip balm that I gave out as Christmas presents a few years ago as well as we started making our own soap last year. Love making my own soap!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  12:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“We started switching over to unprocessed when my husband's blood pressure started to stay high. His favorite go-to food was hamburger helper which is the worst for salt so I put together a pantry with a noodle selection and homemade seasoning with no salt so that he could choose his meat, paste, and seasoning and still make a hamburger helper just without all the salt.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I have the cake decorating basics. I was taught cake decorating by my grandmother but found a website that's informative as some of the technics she taught me can be done better. My daughter and I love making cakes and cupcakes for all occasions.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page