Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 527

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2023 :  07:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Emily Nellinger (citychick03, #8229) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rythmatic Merit Badge!

“I earned my badge by reading three books in each category, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.

I really enjoyed working on this badge! I'm not a poetry reader so finding different styles of poetry was fun and challenging.
I enjoyed challenging myself to read the poetry books required for the badge since I enjoy reading non fiction and fiction.

Fiction
1. Overcomer - Chris Fabry
2. The Giver of Stars - Jojo Moyes
3. The Empress - Gigi Griffis

Non-Fiction
1. I'm Glad my Mother Died - Jeanette McCurdy
2. Humans of New York Stories - Brandon Staton
3. You Should Sit Down for This - Tamera Mowry-Housley

Poetry
1. New York City Haiku- Readers of the New York Times
2. Love Looks Pretty on You: Poetry and Prose - Lang Leav
3. To a Fault - Nick Laird”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  07:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“How exciting it was to find such an exciting new merit badge! I knew just the box to store all my needed items to create a letter-writing box. I finally found the old floral-covered lidded box I had many years ago. The top section holds stationary and personalized cards.The bottom pull-out drawer holds envelopes to match the stationary, stamps, my favorite pens, and my forever address book. It also houses scrapbook lettering and decorations to enhance my letters and envelopes.

The letter box now sits on my 60 year old French Provincial Desk from my childhood. The desk, illuminated with an antique Victorian lamp, creates a soft light from the frosted mantle. This cozy corner of my bedroom is such a soothing place to create the letters and short notes. I'm creating a letter box using a square cookie tin for a dear friend of mine. It truly will be a labor of love when finished.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  07:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carloinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I bought the book If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher to read on my Kindle. I'm so glad I found this inspiring book! I cried along with her because I too don't always feel connected. So, tonight I leave my first love letter for someone to find in a local restaurant. We all need to know that we are special and loved. I highlighted so many paragraphs in this book as her words spoke to me. It is a book I will reread again and again. I also plan to send a copy to a special friend. She enjoys writing also, so I think this could become a project for us to do together. Life is about connections, having a sense of belonging, and truly caring for others. Isn't this MaryJane's motto? Thank you for inspiring me to make connections again! I must go now; I have many more letters and cards to write!

I spent a rainy afternoon writing letters to church members and friends I hadn't seen in a long time. One had just lost her husband from cancer and needed to know the monetary memorials sent to the church. The next letter I wrote was to an old friend. She is caring for an ailing husband and needs to know what a remarkable woman and wife she has been to my childhood friend. My last letter was written to an ex-sister-in-law, thanking her for her continued friendship and love. We talk on the phone occasionally, but there is nothing like receiving a letter in the mail. Yes, it is a dying art! Social media has taken over our world, and although quick, it lacks the intimacy of a handwritten letter.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  07:27:52 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carloinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Fishing Merit Badge!

“In anticipation for an upcoming fishing/camping/hiking trip, I realized I needed a refresher course on tying knots correctly. Tying a fishing knot is an essential skill to ensure success in landing the fish and eating a meal at the end of the day. I’ve been tying fishing knots, changing out lures, and putting live bait on hooks nearly all my life, but didn’t know the official names of each knot. I went on several websites to review videos of the Palomar Knot, Double Surgeon’s Knot, Clinch Knot, Barrel Knot, and Turle Knot. I also made notes when each knot is best used.

After much practice this past week, I feel more familiar with tying the appropriate knots. My reel has new 8 lb. monofilament line, lures inspected, weights, bobbers, jigs and spinners have been added to the tackle box. I’m ready!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  07:29:14 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Fishing Merit Badge!

“I downloaded a South Carolina Fishing and Hunting Regulations Guide from dnr.sc.gov/regulations. I've reviewed all regulations for freshwater fishing. Because I'm traveling to the upstate of South Carolina, I'll be fishing for trout and smallmouth bass in a lake fed by Appalachian Mountain streams, accessible only by Devil’s Fork State Park. I'm familiar with both types of fish.

Although I'm familiar with both trout and smallmouth bass fish, I may have to get advice once I arrive about the best type of bait to use in this clear lake. Only then will I buy fresh bait. I've mostly fished in private ponds, nearby warm-water lakes and blackwater rivers. Wish me luck on my latest venture as I get out of my comfort zone to celebrate my 71st birthday!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  08:02:57 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“Identifying five needs in my community was a bit hard. I attended the City Council meeting where they talked about some of the land developments, permitting needs, and buildings in the future plans for the city. They did not identify needs for the public to be involved in. So I looked at our local group resources and decided the five needs that I could be involved in were: Oakley 4-H, Oakley Senior Center, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Meals on Wheels. I worked with Oakley 4-H for an additional 42.5 hours.

I put my report on Chit Chat and spoke about this badge at our Farm Girl Jubillee on April 30, 2023.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  08:06:08 AM  Show Profile
Gloria Carabillo (Gfarmgirl, #8510) has received certificates of achievement in Each Other for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Farmgirl Spirit Merit Badge!

“I invited friends over to my home and told them all about Farmgirl Sisterhood and that I would like to start a chapter in our area. We have had six ladies join our chapter!

I've baked cookies for a new neighbor and left them on their doorstep in a basket with my information and information about Farmgirl Sisterhood and a list of farms in the area that have goods for sale, along with some CSA’s.

Thank you for sending me the Farmgirl cards. I have printed out the What’s a Farmgirl? cards and pass them out everywhere I go.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  08:08:05 AM  Show Profile
Janet Carter (#8540) has received certificates of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Canning Merit Badge!

“I began canning in 2014 when a local farm had a bumper crop of tomatoes. My first project was water-bath canning stewed tomatoes, followed quickly by learning everything I could about the food safety aspect of home canning.

Our home quickly replaced all commercial tomato products with home canned versions, from basic tomato sauces to sloppy joe mix and salsas. (Beginner level)

Over the seasons we've experimented with so many recipes to find what our family loves and uses in a timely manner. Some of our favorites that are water-bath canned are jalapeńo pickled corn, relish, salsa, and green tomatoes for frying. We also make a specific peach jam that we sell and gift to spread awareness for a friend's battle with Multiple Sclerosis. (Intermediate level)

Pressure canning is absolutely my favorite canning process. It helps us preserve corn, green beans, onions, peppers, and beans. We always have our own homemade stocks. It allows us to buy in bulk and repackage into smaller portions. We share much of our bounty with friends and through our local Buy Nothing group. (Expert level)

Every summer our family takes an annual trip to Pennsylvania from Connecticut to visit a produce auction. We then spend the following week processing everything we get into canned foods we are able to use for the rest of the year. Not having to buy salsa is the best thing!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  08:29:36 AM  Show Profile
Emily Nellinger (citychick03, #8229) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I read the book If You find this Letter by Hannah Brencher.

I sent three letters to my best friend, Laura, my cousin, Kate, and my Aunt Linda.

I really enjoyed the book! It made me realize how important staying connected with each other is, and to always tell those you love that you do.

My Aunt Linda lives on the West Coast, so we text each other, and I get to see her 2x a year when she comes out to visit us on the East Coast. She sent me a text telling me how much my letter brightened her day.

My cousin, Kate, and I live about 2 hours away but she texted to tell me she loved getting mail from me.

My friend, Laura, and I see each other often and she texted me to tell me she loved the notecard and getting some snail mail.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  08:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Patricia Krug (patty, #8551) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Her-story Merit Badge!

“A powerful/influential woman that I researched is Kamala Harris. She is the Vice President of USA. First black woman and first woman to be granted this position. I think it will have a lot of influence on girls today and the future to see this and think they too can achieve this position. Hopefully one day there will be a woman president. I also found a biography written by Dan Morain from my local library called Kamala's Way: An American Life.

The book was very interesting, it talked a lot about her career and how she got there. She's a tough woman and knows what she wants and goes after it. The best part of the book was how he showed her as a regular person that cares about her family and friends to no end. I sometimes got lost at the way he would go back and forth on the dates, but it all came together at the end.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2023 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile
Patricia Krug (patty, #8551) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I knew most of the answers, (I work as a high school aide in a variety of classes, such as, American Political Behavior and You and the Law) but still looked them up to get more information on the questions at hand.

On some of the questions I found out more information than was taught in the classes, which was very interesting. I found four different meanings for "rule of law," so everyone must have a different interpretation of that. Lots of different changes involved from the time the Constitution and Declaration of Independence were written. Sometimes I wish we still lived simple lives.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“While working on a Farm Kitchen badge, I’ve been reading a book that follows a cow from the start of its life to slaughter. What an eye-opening book! There is a defining difference between an all grass-fed cow and one corporately raised in feed lots on GMO grains and corn. A significant difference in the corporately raised beef is the antibiotics required to keep the cow “healthy.” Chemical fertilizers and pesticides are used to grow the grains and corn. The land is often overused which effects the biodiversity that keeps the ecosystems in balance. Eventually, the land becomes depleted of nutrients and therefore, unusable. Grass-fed beef has higher overall nutritional value, produces a leaner meat with less marbling, has a darker color, and contains more Omega 3s. Cows are rotated from grass field to grass field periodically where the manure feeds the soil. Grass-fed beef is usually more expensive because it takes longer for grass-fed cattle to reach their processing weight on an all-grass diet, which is more expensive for the farmer.

“According to the USDA, organic cattle are raised in living conditions accommodating their natural behaviors, like the ability to graze on pasture, fed 100% organic feed and forage, and are not administered antibiotics or hormones. You'll easily be able to tell that beef is organic if you see the “USDA Organic” label.”

Last year, I purchased grass-fed Angus beef from Sam’s Club and from a local butcher. I now choose to purchase local grass-fed beef. I found a farmer who sells only grass-fed beef. He is on Facebook and submits pictures weekly. I trust him because I have visited the farm. I ask questions. Yes, the beef is expensive, but I am not a big beef eater. My plan is to someday raise my own grass-fed cow to ensure a healthier lifestyle.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I have been a long-time patron of farm-fresh eggs, usually purchasing from three different co-workers. Then my son starting raising laying chickens in order to sell eggs to supplement his disability income. He has many different breeds that produce a multitude of shell colors. He takes great care to feed his chickens different kinds of organic food based on their age. They all roam the yard and are supplemented with grasses and insects. I also deliver fresh vegetables out of my organically grown garden. Fresh water is always nearby. I'm assured the chickens are healthy and happy birds. The nesting boxes are kept clean so no need to wash the eggs which keeps them fresher longer. The rooster, a Rhode Island Red, is a gentle giant who takes his role as protector very seriously.

I'm fascinated with chickens! I’ve learned so much watching my son with his chickens. He has always loved animals, and there is no doubt those chickens are loved.The eggs are absolutely delicious, with their golden yolks! There is just something about a farm-fresh egg cooking in the cast iron skillet on an early sunny morning. FYI: He has gifted me four young chicks for Mother’s Day and will arrive in a few weeks when I am well prepared for my brood. Momma will have her own fresh eggs, with my son's help of course.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I saw an ad on Facebook that piqued my interest; it was a workshop to create a succulent wreath. I signed up immediately, paid the fee, and impatiently waited for the day to arrive. On a bright but very chilly Saturday morning in March, I drove the forty miles to Park Circle outside of Charleston. I gathered my supplies and carefully looked over the many varieties of succulents and chose the ten I wanted. Next, we were given a wreath covered in Southern Gray Moss. Directions were given on how to create a hole to plant the succulent. This was not an easy task even with a large pair of wire cutters. As with any gardening project, I found it to be both meticulous and methodical yet relaxing. Hole dug out, succulent planted gently, then pinned securely into place … ten times! It was a masterpiece created by my own hands. I had never done anything like this before. “Ruby” named after my neighbor who loved succulents, sits on a platter in the middle of my dining room table. A few of the plants have died and will be replaced. Two have become quite leggy. I water her in the kitchen sink every two weeks or so. The wreath soaks up water, then placed on top of a towel to drain until ready to return to the platter to enjoy the morning sun. I am still learning how to keep everything alive and well and add more succulents to make the wreath fuller. I love creative projects! This experience has been both enjoyable and relaxing as I continue this learning adventure. And I also met some like-minded women who love gardening!

I’ve continued my journal since the beginning of 2020. I mainly keep records when I’m working to decrease my blood sugar, feel stressed and need an outlet, and also to monitor my exercise and diet. I do deep breathing exercises along with stretches every day. I also walk during lunch to listen to nature and enjoy the sun. When noisy coworkers bother me, I slip my headphones on and listen to soothing music and Christian hymns. How do these exercises benefit me? I honestly don’t think I could continue to work! The detail work I do demands concentration. When days are extremely difficult, I envision I am at Edisto Beach, toes stretched out in the warm sand, listening to the ebb and flow of the waves. I feel the sun on my face, arms, and legs. I can smell the salty sea. I feel the ocean spray all over my body. Oh! The places we go in our minds to find relaxation! It works!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I added three herbs to my herb garden last summer. I planted fennel and dill for specific uses. The sage was a gift from a friend. I used fresh dill when I made dill pickles summer 2022 for the first time ever. I opened the first jar in January, and they were crispy and delicious! I used the fennel fronds in recipes such as scrambled eggs, salads, pesto and croutons and pasta toppings. I used the sage infused in olive oil to use on garlic and French breads. I love the sage-infused oil, so I moved the pot in for winter use. The sage-infused oil will only last 2-3 weeks when refrigerated.

A friend's daughter married in April, and she loves to cook. I made a basket of homemade goodies for her which included a jar of dill pickles and freshly-made sage-infused olive oil with instructions for use. I also gave her a small jar of dried rosemary. I included a book on herbs and a container filled with herbs I thought she would enjoy. I love my herb garden and hope she will also!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Patricia Krug (patty, #8551) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“Like the beginner level, I also knew some of these answers as well, but still looked them up. As usual I learned more than I did in my classes at school.

It turned out really well. I got to know who my senators and representatives were for my state.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Patricia Krug (patty, #8551) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level MaryJane's Better Butter Merit Badge!

“Research: Fun way to learn things. Wash hands and make sure everything is clean. Shelf life on butter is pretty good I realized, as long as you thoroughly extract the buttermilk and how cleanly you produce it, it can last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. Early butter came from yak, sheep and, goats milk. Ancient Rome swallowed it for coughs and would rub it on aching joints.

It turned out well. Another fun fact that I found is the world record for butter eating is 7 quarter-pound sticks of salted butter in 5 minutes by Donald Lerman. GROSS.

I can't wait to try the different methods to make butter at home. The Mason jar, most popular for kids, hand mixer, stand mixer, blender, and food processor. Sounds like fun and the ingredients are all about the same.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Brenda White (#6769) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I made a cotton dishcloth, using 27 chain and then 15 rows of a repeat pattern consisting of 1 row of single crochet,1 row of double and 1 row of treble stitches.

It turned out very well with the consistent rows and a nice size for washing dishes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:53:31 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Nitkowski (#8521) has received certificates of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Recipes Merit Badge!

“Beginner: I got together with my mom, aunt and, mother-in-law on 3/21/23 to write down recipes and share with each other out of family recipe boxes.

Intermediate: I made a recipe box for my sister-in-law who is moving into her first apartment and laminated copies for us to keep in our boxes.

Expert: for Mother’s Day I had family over and made only family recipes and made copies for anyone who wanted them. It was a hit!

It went great! I enjoyed adding to my recipe box and making a new one for my sister-in-law. I even made my mother-in-law cry with some recipes she didn’t know I was able to find of her grandmothers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  2:02:52 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Nitkowski (#8521) has received certificates of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Canning Merit Badge!

“Beginner: I learned about steam, water bath, and pressure canning. I learned canned baked beans are not good for you.

Intermediate: I canned applesauce and cherry pie filling. Gave pie filling to friends with recipe for pie crust.

Expert: I canned corn, green beans, ground beef and more. Shared a get well basket of chicken stock and needed items for soup.

It went great! I can year round. I teach newbies to can also.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  2:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Janet Carter (#8540) has received certificates of achievement in Garden Gate for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

“We preserve and store many foods during the growing season for use over the winter. Every year we preserve by freezing corn, peaches, and green beans. Our preferred method is using vacuum-seal bags to keep everything at peak freshness. (Beginner level)

We put two dehydrators to use to preserve herbs, mixed veggies, apple slices, oranges, pineapple, and even overgrown summer squash that we turn into gummies for kids. Dehydrated veggies are perfect to add to soups and stews, while dehydrated fruits are wonderful snacks or addition to teas when we're feeling under the weather. (Intermediate level)

I have earned my canning merit badge. I can corn, green beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes, salsa, pickles, jams, relishes, juices and more. I use my pressure canners to can low-acid foods such as meat for pork carnitas and stocks to always have on hand. (Expert level)

One of the most reassuring things during the pandemic was not needing to worry about food shortages. If anything drastic were to happen, we can always have spaghetti!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  2:29:46 PM  Show Profile
Janet Carter (#8540) has received certificates of achievement in Garden Gate for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“We began raising Flemish Giant rabbits for pet and meat production in 2016. Since then we have specialized our breeding lines to focus on temperament, litter size, color, and growth rate. We support a regionally local feed producer that provides our rabbits with full nutrition. Our hay comes from a local farmer who has been farming family-owned land for over three generations. (Beginner level)

When needed, my family and I are available and enjoy visiting friends who raise dairy goats. I'm able to help milk by hand or with a milking machine when needed. (Intermediate level)

We have chosen to focus our breeding program on Flemish Giants to bring the breed back to prevalence in our area. We also own Lionhead, Polish, and MiniLop rabbits that help spread awareness and knowledge of rabbit care when I bring them to local schools and daycare facilities for therapy outreach.

I don't see a time in the future where we won't have rabbits. They help us provide for our family, as well as give us emotional support during hectic times. (Expert level)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  2:31:19 PM  Show Profile
Janet Carter (#8540) has received certificates of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I recently reached out to my local Buy Nothing group and collected more unloved buttons to add to my button collection. They were all individually wrapped so a fellow farmgirl and I spent some quality time unwrapping them and taking joy in finding our favorites. (Beginner level)

My children and I took an afternoon to find our favorite buttons and make them into necklaces. (Intermediate)

It was enlightening to see what my children saw as their favorites and how they chose to string them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  2:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Janet Carter (#8540) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Spirit Merit Badge!

“We recently started a local farmgirl chapter with farmgirls from our neighboring town and have been encouraging women in the area with mutual interests to join us.

We are growing our chapter! We are having a great time planning future meetings and projects with each other, including a cheesemaking day and a reusable bag swap.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16295 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16295 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  2:42:40 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Chapman (JenniferAnn, #8562) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I had a collection of buttons from my sewing kit from many years ago, small but did the job. I go to estate sales and love old sewing boxes. I purchased a wooden one with sides that fold out in tiers, and there were buttons. I recently inherited my mom's button collection—she used to make button hearts for friends and use buttons in her crafts.

I put all these buttons together in a large lidded glass jar that I had and put them out in our family room on display. It's fun to look at it instead of having it upstairs where no one can see it.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 527 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page