Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  07:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Laura Lawson's book Managing Your Ewe and her Newborn Lambs - seconding what Jami has said...this is a GREAT book, think she has another one out now and as good as a go-to person. Perhaps better if you're trying to raise sheep for their wool as opposed to meat sheep. Or, that's how I find it in my neck of the woods. Above all, remember sheep know how to be sheep better than we know. Yes, we are to be good stewards but sometimes that means a lesser hand as opposed to a heavy hand.

I have Romney's, Shetlands, Merino's and cross breds and love them all for different reasons. The Romney has a fleece that's easy to spin, very forgiving with a great sheen. The Shetland has a great personality, very dog-like and wag their tails when they see me coming. Their fleeces are above average as well. The Merino has the best fleece according to Micron count but all my sheep are above average Micron counts. I believe that's due to a variety of factors including LOW stress, de-worming as needed, GREAT minerals specifically for sheep. All these things go into making great fleece. I live amongst my sheep, meaning I'm with them every day and they are used to me walking amongst them, petting them, talking to them. Some of the Shetland's are wild but, for the most part, all are tame.

My fences are cattle panel which is overkill but I also, at one time, had three stallions. Now, I'm happy for the heavy duty fences because it keeps out predators, including four and two legged. The feller down the road routinely "loses" lambs due to thieft as well as coyotes.

Grace, this is a fabulous topic and am enjoying it a great deal. Many thanks for opening it.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  08:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Re sheep mineral...there's NO selenium east of the Mississippi so it's *imperative* you buy a sheep mineral with added selenium. At least, that's what my research has told me and I always use a mineral with selenium.
Coopworth vs Romney...to my hand Coopworth is a tad softer than Romney but I've found the lustre is approximately the same, as is strength and length. Shhhhh...don't tell my Romney's I said so though!

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi all

What are you smelling for??? Well, you want to make sure that you are not smelling a burnt smell, you want to be able to smell the vinegar getting stronger because it is really going into the fibers and assisting the setting of dyes. Country Classic is a dye that must end up clear - that way you know that you have used the dye up. Since I am organic I really watch those things. I agree place only where animals - yours or the wild ones will not be involved. Also, if you get yourself some PH stripes you can always test what is left in the water as to where to dispose of it. I have pour mine on rock out crops which seem to aid in the growth of my lichen and mosses. Again no where that animals of any kind would eat. Some of my dyeing friends dig a pit with gravel in the bottom to use as their disposal area.

I love handpainting yarns and fibers - you just have to get the in groove to make it work and to keep your studio/kitchen/outside or where not to become a huge mess - yes, I am a neat freak but still manage to keep everything in check.

Sandra I love spinning Coopworth - my local breeder has sinced passed so I will have to keep you in mind. I am so glad you found us - Welcome...

Jami the silk cocoons are the beginning of it all. When you have roving it is the reeled silk thread off the cocoons. You can degum them and then open them up and card into fiber, I have tons of altered art astists who love them and I now have jewelry artists who have won awards with my cocoons. I am trying to get a section on my blog devoted to artists who use my products - they are doing incredible things and they make me proud that is starts with my goodies. If you need more info on the cocoons I will gladly assist.

Well, I am back to the dye pots - Mohair boucle has been in the production line for the last three days and I am planning some great Alpaca fiber batts which I am working on the large carding machine. Meanwhile the weeds in the front drive are just growing and growing but I would rather be DYEING

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  10:40:47 AM  Show Profile
Sandra, Your secret is safe with me! The Romney I have does have a nice sheen to it!

Jami, Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go ahead and mail out the yarn today! I have tried to contact the lady twice, with no luck at all, so I am going to put a note in the package! Grace has the most wonderful silk to spin. I must have about a dozen colors or so of dyed silk from her and I have spun literally hundreds of yards of silk thread and blended some with Corriedale wool from Sarita and it came out really nice.

Grace, I would rather dye than pull weeds!! I am so hooked on all of this! Hopefully someday I will have my own sheep or goats!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Have any of you used a Louet Roving Drum Carder?

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  1:05:41 PM  Show Profile
Monica, I've got one of the smaller Louet Roving drum carders.

www.thistlecovefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  2:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Sandra, Is it the one that's 4" wide? Do you like it? Also, How many teeth per square inch does yours have? Some things say 46 and then some things say 72!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  2:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Glad to hear the wedding went well, Grace and that it's finally over and your life is normalizing - what ever that is!! I have been inundated with all kinds of yard work and company the past few days and am finally getting back inside and hopefully back to working on wedding stuff myself. I have to admit I will be glad when it's over. You roasting over there Jami? I know it's hot here and they were predicting triple digits over your way. Hard just to keep everything wet enough. The sheep hang out in the shade sleeping all day and head out to pasture once it cools off and they feed all night. I should be harvesting lavender but it's too darn hot to stand in the sun to do it. Maybe tonight when it cools down a bit if the dust off the road isn't too bad.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:56:29 AM  Show Profile
Gee, a whole page of posts since yesterday so I will pipe in before I hit the road to Moses Lake. Good to see you Sandra. Where ya been?

Yes, Sheri, it's hot and I have been watering girl, but boy, my raspberries went nutso and I just put up 7 pints of freezer jam 2 days ago and I see there is enough to do another batch but now I don't have the time! My garden "pet", a pheasant rooster, will have a good time with those I bet. I flush him out now and again when I go into the garden, little stinker. He's lived here for about 3 years now and used to eat with my chickens.

My sheep do seek shade but they will be out grazing when I least expect it too. They are pretty hardy girls--do or die. It helps that both groups are on new pastures too.

On the Coopworth vs. Romney, guess I got a batch of Romney that just wasn't the greatest or something because the Romney I have is not sheeny at all, in fact, quite the opposite. It's rather dull. Guess I got it from the wrong person. Now I know who to go to for it. I think Sarita might have a Romney sheep or 2 also in addition to Sandra. I was expecting it to be so awesome to spin after hearing about it for years. I think it would be fun to have one sheep from each wool breed (I'm not into hair sheep) just for spinning fun. I might just do that someday and have a "play flock."

I do have some Shetland roving that I have so enjoyed spinning. Sandra, you've got a nice mix of breeds for fiber. It's a lesson hearing about your micron counts. I had the impression that the worse the feed and harsher the conditions, the smaller the micron count, as in Australian merinos having such fine micron counts. I thought when we started "pampering" them the counts went up? Anyone have this experience or am I dreaming something up here?

Thanks for the cocoon explanation Grace. As always, you're busy and I love hearing about what you're doing. I too like to make my dyeing messes outside but the hand painting takes so much more surface area to spread out, I need another long table outside so that holds me back until I find one. I used to do all of my dyeing inside until I found a nice double burner hot plate with large burners. Now I'm a mobile operation! Woo hoo. I started out using a crock pot outside and went on a hunt for the portable burners. It's so nice to be out of the kitchen. Just too messy.

Well, guess I really will hit the road now. It's supposed to be 100 in Moses Lake today and tomorrow. Great weather for a sheep sale, huh? Not! At least it's all under cover so no sunburns but it's going to be a scorcher for sure.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com

Edited by - Jami on Jul 17 2009 07:58:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jami - drive carefully

As the changing the micron count - there are countries which produce the finest fibers and it is mostly genetics however, they run their animals on what we might call stravation rations. They do not give high protein nor do they give much. In some parts it is because that is the way their pastures are but also there are tons of books that explain how to duplicate that in our farms. This is also practiced with Cashmere and Angora's. One thing I have found is by not feeding grains my fibers are always with a better sheen, a finer micron and also just like people when you are overweight the health suffers and so does the fleece/hair. It is a fine line to walk but you have to start with good genes.

As for my handpainting I do that inside. The issue is my wind. I can not keep things in place while working - it is great for drying the yarn but not painting it. I too have several electric and propane stoves to use outside and also in places when I travel for teaching - they are great and I also use them to cook with when it is too hot to heat up the kitchen.

Enjoy the day and make time for those four legged furry family members.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  2:39:19 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is staying cool today! It's 109 and humid here in the desert and it does not seem possible to stay cool! Hope the rest of you are doing better!

Jami, I finally heard from the lady about the yarn and sure enough she really wanted the 26 yards, so I offered to spin up some more and she was absolutely thrilled! She even said she would definitely be back to buy more yarn! So in the end it all worked out very good!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  3:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Send some heat my way, maybe hit 60 here Talk about extreme, hot and dry, COLD and wet. Suppose to get nice next few days but we will see. Of course DH loves it for working which is nice but it is summer and they aren't very long here!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  6:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I would be very happy to! The temperature on my computer for where I live said it was 117 today! I don't know if it was that hot, but I know it did get to 110! I will happily send you 20-30 degrees!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  03:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Monica
My garden would like it !! Well will see if the weather guesser are right, suppose to get to 70's in Duluth so should be closer to 80 here next few days.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  06:14:05 AM  Show Profile
WOW Monica I am sure your a puddle by now. We are to be in the 80's this coming week with chance of rain each day. I could not survive your heat - take care and drink plenty - water that is!!

I gave Kate (last years Cashgora from Eboney) her haircut last night and also did Sugar (one of the 17 year old wethers his haircut. I like giving haircuts around 7 pm because the heat is gone and they do not have to worry about getting sunburned. Even with my body smeared in bug spray I guess I miss my right elbow because when I came in to shower I must have a dozen bits all in a circle on my elbow. They both where a handfull to do by oneself but I got it done. Then they got a all over body rub which got the juices flowing and they where licking my arm and leg the whole time - I take that as their way of thanking me. About an hour later they where having fun nibbling at their bodies and enjoying the wind whistling thru their legs. Sorry Monica but those fleeces where spoken for but never fear this years babies will be coming up.

Then I turned my attention to the three Great Pry's. Brushing for all and a few got some fur cut. My male had huge clumps of hair the size of two fists felted together and it took a lot to cut those out. My oldest "Kasha" just loves the body rubs I give her - I am so blessed she is still with us - the hard work is catching up with her and I never now from day to day if she will be with me - so I make everyday really count.

Well, stay cool ladies, get those bare feet on some cool clay, pour yourself a tall one and remember to put bug spray on those elbows.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  08:55:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm baaaack from the sheep sale. And you are not going to believe this but I bought a new ram. Naming him "Moses" since I bought him in Moses Lake and this is the first one I've ever bought from a sale so he's in quarantine of course and kind of lonely. But he's a Southdown and I think he'll cross nicely with my Texel girls for some meaty lambs with a bit more frame to them. We get paid by the pound so with luck he'll put about 10 more pounds on each lamb by market time which will pay off at the pump, so to speak. He's also all white and beautiful. I just had to have him. He's all sheared up and pretty for the show so I had best get a picture of him before he starts looking like a regular sheep.

Monica, glad that sale worked out for you.

Sheri, yes, roasting like spit pigs here. Whew. But I did make a fresh raspberry pie last night from the bumper crop that's coming out of the garden. Then we went out for dinner while the house was warm and opened up all of the windows and it was nice when we got home as the wind was cranked up. My broccoli is finally producing. Bought heirlooom seeds this year...plants look awesome but no heads. Haven't been able to figure out what the issue was but now finally it's putting out heads. Weird year. Just like Rae, we've had the cool temps until lately so I am just taking what we get for the garden. I saw where the midwest had spots that are going to have 80 mph winds today. We all in the same country here?

Laughed at your description of mosquito bites, Grace. DITTO! My elbows always get it bad. My husband will not get bit and I'll have bites all over me...they like me. And I too need to trim up the guard dog today. I did his tail and back leg feathers in June but do need to see if I can do more today like his neck. He slobbers all over it and it's hard to trim up. Supposed to be close to 100 all week but he does find shaded spots and has his special holes dug all over the place.

Stay cool or warm, whichever end of the spectrum you're on.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals,
I got way behind in the last few weeks. The temps have been in the 80s and it has been so cool for July....more rain than usual this summer. They are giving rain for us again tomorrow.
Monica, got your pictures of the yarn, it is beautiful. You do a wonderful job!
Jami, I am going to have to read up on your Southdown....my mouth is watering for some of the raspberry pie!
Washing wool and dying wool has been filling every spare moment here. Still way behind.
I dye my wool outside. I have a piece of plywood that I put on saw horses and I put in pegs in holes that I have drilled around the board, kinda like warping board for weaving. I start out with damp yarn and then string it out on the pegs to paint. I have not done that for awhile. Geez, I am so far behind.
We torn up the old kitchen rug and thought it would be simple laying of the new one....wrong! We are replacing sub flooring, my kitchen is everywhere right now and I hate disorder! I am nuts and have green beans that will need to be canned by the end of the week..
Ticks and mosquitos are thick here, I put on Triple antibiotic ointment and throw on bandaids...I look like a kid that played in the bandaids. I swell up and am miserable when I the insects start biting me!
Holding off haying due to the rain but I can't wait to know that the barn is full and ready for winter...I can't believe that we have so much green grass this time of year, the hay is thick this year. We are very blessed. Lambs are fat as butterballs on grass. They run out jumping and hopping every morning. Especially those mornings we were in the 60s.
I have shetlands, corriedales, oxfords, polypays, Border Leicester, and then some crosses. Can't help you with Romneys...I think some have very good wool and others have dull and course wool. If they have healthy wools and it is course, just weave or knit it into rugs. I think as I get older and health is limiting my activities that I will be selling off part of my larger ewes and those that are not friendly and easy to work with. This will not be easy for me...love my girls!
Better help with kitchen...rush this job along!
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Contentment is the crown jewel of a happy life.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  11:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh. I read these threads and just see how much we all have in common. We are tearing up what used to be a closed in porch and making it into a 3rd bedroom so we can have it and then use our bedroom for a spare. and I hate disorder too and my hubby is kinda a slow poke when doing these things. I would love to get him going a bit faster. I would love to be in by fall. And I was just out side cleaning the goat and sheep area cause we have had rain for a few days and it gets all muddy. I swapped a few chickens the other day and of course the ones I got from the lady have lice so I have to go out and dust them this afternoon too. Just busy busy busy all of us!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  11:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Jami - WOW Southdown Ram - I started with Babydoll Southdowns and they are one of the sweetest sheep breeds around. You lucky ducky, I wished I still had them but I do not miss all the work. Maybe if I did not have so many at the time but it was a great time...

Raspberry Pie - again you lucky ducky - I made a sweet cherry cobbler the other night - I have rasberries cooling in the frig maybe a rasberry tart for me.... I am planning on making some goat milk fudge tonight - really wanted something chocolate in a big way...

Love your board Sarita - I had one very much like that - took it to a class I was teaching and it never made it into the trailer - not sure if it grew legs or what but I really need to make another - thanks for reminding me. Sorry to hear that your world in up side down and all around I can not put a thought together when my world is like that - you are a much better women then I.

Beverly - sorry to hear about the chickens and lice - WOW, I have never had that before - how do you know if your chickens have lice?? That really is a new one on me - keep my fingers crossed because now I opened my big mouth.

Well, if you want to read about the horrible night I had give a peek at my blog - boy, what a night!!! Some day you just got to wonder what did I do to piss off God? Really, I just want to know.

Well, another storm rolling in so I am off the computer but I an pea green with envy for that wonderful ram Jami! Oh No, maybe that is why God is upset - Envy!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  12:12:34 PM  Show Profile
On the lice thing, my husbands Grandma used to save ashes from the wood burning stove, put in a big tub out for chickens. They would dust of with it and it kills the lice I guess. Just thought I would share.
Still hanging on for my sheep but hopefully soon
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  12:59:30 PM  Show Profile
What a good idea with the ashes but these guys are pure white boy would they look dirty all the time!!! hehehehe On these chickens since they were white I could see the lice. little kinda cream colored see through bugs. and I could see them move. made me itch all day. They are host specific so they can not go to my sheep or lamb or dogs but icky just the same. I had these 2 quarantined so hopefully I will not have to dust any others. so far so good.. It kinda irked me though the only time I had lice on my goat is when I got one from someone else and now the only time I get them on chickens is when they came from some one else. I need to stop doing that and have a closed herd of everything. I will get these guys going and they will be ok but I will keep them apart from my other ones probably at least for 6 weeks. cause I have to dust them again in 2 weeks then about 2 weeks later I will give them a bath. then I i will check them again and see..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  3:24:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing that info Beverley - my girls love to dust themselves in the dirt - I have seven whites and your right they do look a mess but that is what makes them happy.

I completely understand about the closed farm - that is what I run and I know folks really do not get it but I have not had an illness, lice, fleas, or such thing since I but my farm on lock down. I also do not travel my animals anymore. I did that in the beginning because I was told that is the only way to get noticed and build a reputation - well, I have managed over the years to do just fine without that travel and my animals all the better for it. I understand why folks do it - I have just picked not too.

Well, I hope your new feathered friends will be right as rain soon. I must admit after reading your post I was scratching a bit but I think most of that was because of my million bug bites.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:03:21 AM  Show Profile
Hello all. Wow Grace what an adventure - good thing you have good hearing. How is he doing now? Did the swelling go down all the way? I am so glad that he is ok.

Are you ready for the cooker Jami? They are predicting some real scorchers. Congrats on your new ram. I have been putting in some mega days trying to get my outside painting done for this wedding before the intense heat hits. I am at the point now that if it didn't get painted it ain't gonna be. I am so tired of bending and twisting like a contortionist. Now it's back in the sewing room to get these dresses finished. At least I have AC in the sewing room. Saturday is the bridal shower but at least I have that gift already finished.

Sarita I hope that kitchen comes together in record time. I hate inside projects even if it's something that I want - the chaos and disruption is enough to drive you nuts. I guess that's why some things never get done - like baseboard. It isn't worth it to me to move everything to put it in!!

Beverley, Hope your chickens recover from their infestation without a hitch. How long till you are ready for sheep Rae? Lone time coming, I hope it's soon for you. Did your weather ever warm up?

Have a good day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:46:46 AM  Show Profile
I hope it cools off for everyone! After having temps above 110 this weekend and unbelievable humidity, it finally rained last night and it beautiful today! So far it's only 75-80 this morning and we actually turned off the a/c last night and put the fan in the window!

Sarita, I hope the kitchen project goes quickly!

Beverley, Sorry to hear about the chickens!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for asking Sheri - Boy Blue is doing much better - he is limping a bit but on the mend. The babies all took their nap with him in the field which never happens but I think they all knew that he needed their support and care - folks do not believe that animals care for each other but I see that everyday - such love they have for one another. I admit I sat with him and sliced a pear for him. We sat and eat it together while sharing gentle looks and hugs. I can't explain to those who do not care for animals but I am sure you all understand - the trust those four leggeds but in us is their whole being and it is my pleasure to do the same..

Do not fret about the wedding I am sure it will be wonderful and even if something does not get painting they are their to share the love and joy of life - not if everything is painted and perfect. We sometimes forget that - I know that from first hand experience but your love will make everything magical.

Monica that nights sleep I was hoping for was not happening because we had another big storm come thru and the lightening was horrible. However the up side was I sat up and watched the show and felt the wonderful rain on my toes and the breeze on my face. Well worth not getting some shut eye. Today it is to be in the low 70's and I am doing a happy dance - my kind of weather... I must admit I am dreaming of a gentle snow covering the ground and flakes hitting my eye lashes. Check out the new yarn of my blog - it will get you in the mood for cooler days...

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page