Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  8:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Girls, we had wind but nothing like you. It was hot today and the sun was shining, I swear a corn field grew 2 inches today and turned from a pale yellow to a dark green. I was afraid every plant was drowning until today. We have the ac on now, furnace was running 2 days ago...go figure. I put some new pictures of Minnie and Jimmie on my blog. They are so sweet and pretty smart little animals.
Ang went back home but we did dye some yarn together while she was here and I put up some pictures of the yarn we painted on my blog.
I got behind reading and keeping up with this forum so I think I will get caught up tonight. 2 1/2 more days of school left this week....yipeeeeeee! I need the rest....and get ready for Lisa and the grandbabies that will arrive Friday.
Danny and I will start building new fences and haying right after my vacation starts. I will also be worming, trim hooves, and give shots as soon as we have the lots finished.
Still washing wool....to sell on ebay.
Hope the weather calms for you all.
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.....
'Love the people who treat you right Pray for the ones who don't.
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  9:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Grace, That sounds like a perfect reason to make chocolate mousse!!

Sarita, I love the pics on your blog!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile
I get a newsletter to make crafty things, they are giving away a book on decorating baskets. I put up the information on my blog if you would like to try to win it too.
1 1/2 days left of school. Cleaning today, the ac is not working in my end of the building and I feel like I am in a oven....thanks for letting me whine!
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile
HA! We have no air other than main office and it is hot today. I am sure it is in 80's by now and humidity is climbing, although not as bad as yesterday at 90, in MN in May!!!

I have 6 1/2 days left with tomorrow track and field day. Kids get into the competition, own little olympics!

Sure glad sheep are sheared as they are panting with this weather. Don't come out of their house much during the day, which I can't blame them one bit! I feel the same way.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  11:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I feel for you Rae, time has just been dragging here. We had elementary track day yesterday and some got sun burned.
I can't believe this weather. It has clouded up and thundering right now...more rain...some of the creeks are near flood stage and just starting to go back down, but I have thankful we had 3 dry days to let things dry out a bit. My sheep want to stay in the barn due to the rain or the sun...just a bunch of spoiled barn pets and I am the guilty party!
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  6:34:08 PM  Show Profile
This weather sure has been goofy lately! It warmed up a bit today, but not hot for here, just a bit warm! I am still wondering whether or not to put the blankets up!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  07:08:38 AM  Show Profile
Sarita I saw your yarn on your site - great job! No gloves?? You must have more colors on your hands then I do..

I sure would like a bit of rain because those winds have dried out everything and we have wild fires around the state.

My family of wild turkeys came in very close today looking for water. I think I will go and take a water container out by the forest and give them some - I know old softy but I really do not want them to go looking close in to the neighbors because all of them will kill them - here no one is eaten so I will give water to keep them safe.

I spent the day pricing yarns and putting them into the inventory books to take into town for the Holiday Sale this weekend. I also dyed some of my prized Corriedale roving from one of my foundation girls my favorite color - Coral! It is lovely and not sure now if I could ever part with it. See this is how my stashs get so big.

Hope you gals get thru the end of the school year without too much stress. I can hardly believe that it will be June soon - I feel like I have not even gotten into the game. If the winds stay down I hope to worm everyone and then work on fences. No rest for the farm girls - right ladies??

Monica I kept trying to send you an email Tuesday but it kept coming back - not sure why - I have had that problem a couple of other times with your email but I sent it again this morning. Keep fingers crossed.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  07:39:02 AM  Show Profile
Sarita and Rae, glad you're working days are numbered so low. Sarita, you're keeping busy working or not. I still haven't found your Ebay name. Tried doing a search for you but no luck and not sure which fiber is yours. Like I need fiber, right? LOL. It's a sickness I am sure of it.

Grace, I feel for you in winds like you've been having. It's just miserable. Hope you do get the chance to get away from the farm this weekend and be out with the masses. The Corriedale sounds nice.

I have been spending a lot of time on the computer making labels, hang tags, etc. for products to sell at the Farmer's Market. They say branding is important so I'm trying to stick to using our logo and the same fonts, style, etc. It sure takes a lot of time! It's coming together.

Put my new BL ram (Socks) out with the ewe/lamb flock after his quarantine time. First 2 days he was looking for Rosebud to hang out with but she "shook him" like the plague with nary a friend but last night he was racing and head-butting with the largest lambs on their "hill". He got pretty rough with some of them giving body shots and I had to go out and scold him. He's very tame and came over for a scratch.

We are raining again today. This is great news for our pastures and hay field. It is weird though, just not used to it. I may have to get myself a rain hat so I can quit soaking all of my baseball caps and knit hats.

I got to watching YouTube videos on carding and such and this gal had a motorized Super Carder (Patrick Green model I guess?) and wow, that was a pretty cool deal. Is this what you use Grace, an electric one? When you called it a machine, it made me wonder. Also saw the Fancy Kitty Picker. Interesting mechanism. Have we talked over pickers yet? I have never used one. Just curious if anyone has one or has any input on using one. I have never made a roving from a carded batt either, have only made rovings coming off of my pitched combs. I have a few fleeces left to use from this year's clip and think I will be playing with a few new ideas once June hits and I've got more time.

I've got a busy few days ahead so will check back in next week, girls. I'll fill you all in when I post next. Have a great long weekend!

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  07:42:29 AM  Show Profile
And in memory of our fallen heros defending our freedom, I wish you all a Happy Memorial Day!
Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  07:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I am guilty of not wearing my gloves when dyeing, I love the feel of fiber...I can't walk pass fiber or yarn without touching it...how about it girls, you can't either can you???? I really should have gloves on due to the chemicals but after I am done, I pour some bleach in warm water with some soap and the dyes come off, I really don't hardly get any dye on me usually. Then I apply the lotions and do my nails.
Jami, I ordered the brightest colors to dye my wool again...Lord, I need help! When I get old I shall wear red and Purple and hot pink because that is all that I ever want to use to dye my yarns and when I make my shawls and hats from my stash.
I plan to worm sheep, build more fence, trim hooves, give shots on Tuesday of next week...Lisa and the grandchildren will be in on Friday and stay until Monday Morning so I have to get grandma time in.
Grace, hope you are enjoying the nice weather, it seems that you have been in nasty stuff for months now.
For all of you that works at schools...time is nearing. Freedom is just around the corner.
Jami and Sheri, were you able to save any of your plants?
Later gang
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  09:05:07 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I got to thinking and the pictures that I put on my blog are of Angie dyeing yarn, she has the purple fingers...I didn't hardly get any on me. She is a true artist and loves to have her hands in the thick of everything.
Jami, my BLs are usually very friendly and love to be petted too. Glad your Socks is fitting in with your flock.
Jami, I am washing more fleeces now and will put it on Ebay after Lisa and kids go home. Our user name is dcstools. (Danny named our ebay account when he was dealing with tools (not stools...heheh) so much.) I don't have an Ebay store. I list the fleeces as I get them washed and dryed. I am not getting them put on fast enough. They are selling and getting good prices for them. I am hoping to be able to pay for the processing of the wool I sent off... I got out a very dk brown or black fleece last night and started washing it. It is so soft. In the past, I have spun up some of my dk brown corriedale fleeces and then dyed them with blues and greens and they were beautiful...(no Sarita, you can't keep them all!)
Hot, humid here and AC is still down at work.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  4:52:10 PM  Show Profile
Only 2 more days of school! Things are crazy because our district currently has the grades spread out over 5 school buildings all over town. Every building but the high school is moving over the summer to reconfigure. The younger grades are HUGE, so they are being moved to the larger campuses. Sooooo...everything has to be packed by the last day of school. Good news is that we don't have to inventory our classrooms this year!

Had trouble with the new puppies escaping from the sheep pasture, which is net wire. Humph. Coudn't figure it out. Hubby was convinced they were belly crawling under gates. Well. The boys and I discovered their secret this afternoon. We have a 12" drain pipe that is about 20 feet long that starts at the upper side of our driveway, goes under the driveway, and ends nearly on the other side of the narrow part of the sheep pasture. They were crawling into the pipe in the pasture and out in the front yard! The bigger one got stuck and was hollering, which is how the boys discovered it. I was trying to take a short nap because we stayed up late watching Dancing With The Stars last night, and they came exploding through the front door with the news. I got down on my belly in the wet red clay and called and encouraged until she crawled out. Blocked it up with rocks and hubby is going to drive rebar down in front of the opening so they can't get in again. So much for my nap. Never a dull moment!

Working on my samples to send in to Phat Fiber this month. They are black with lots of different colors and golden firestar. I am really pleased with them. Hope to have some in the etsy shop soon. I wanted to work on them tonight, but we decided to let the boys go to church camp this year, so we are off to a camper meeting in a little bit. I am a little uneasy about letting them go. The camp is 4 hours away. One of our family friends is going with their own children, so the boys will have a good substitute set of parents there. It sure is hard to let them grow up. My daughter just registered for 10th grade today. Seems like only yesterday I was reading her "Goodnight Moon" for the millionth time. She has been in my class this year, which has been a really neat experience! She is crashed out asleep on the couch right now. She doesn't sleep in or stay up late, but teenagers sure seem to need a lot of sleep!

Well, off to the meeting to sign a million forms and part with a healthy sum of money so the boys can go to camp!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com

Edited by - lsarah on May 26 2010 4:53:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:03:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! If I miss a couple of days, you ladies sure are busy! It took me 3/4 of an hour just to catch up. Now I don't know what happened to who or what, so I'll start fresh.

Glad to hear that some peoples weather is warming up. So sorry to hear about the wind Grace. I couldn't imagine how windy that would be. Have you ever considered moving to Canada? It is a beautiful country. We don't get tornadoes very often, not like the south and we don't get high winds like what you have, but we do get snow and very cold weather.

Well, hear in the big hamlet of Cranbrook, it was 30 degrees C. That is around 100 f. Totally hot. Sweaty hot. Too hot! My parents and I planted a whole bunch of garden today. That felt really good until we realized that we got burnt. Really burnt! I really need a shower, but, I am scared to jump in because I know that it will hurt.
The house is hot. My hubbie is going to look into central air. It is not nice when you can't sleep because it is hot.

We are doing 1st cut hay right now. What a crop. We are blowing in 180 acres of haylage into bunker silo and it is going to be very full when it gets all in. Had to feed all of the men supper. Boy do they like to eat! I made 3 pies this morning before it got too hot out and there is 3 pieces left only because I kept them in the house so we would have a little for tomorrow. They will be done before supper tomorrow night so I don't have to feed them. I don't mind, but when I am so busy, it seems like another job. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the rest of my garden planted.

I let the girls 4H ewes out on grass 2 days ago with their lambs. Everyone is very happy.
Everyone else is still in the barn, which with this heat is probably best.

Well, my eyes are so heavy, I can barely stay awake. Miss chatting with you all and I hope that everyones day goes well.

Barb
Congratulations on school being out. I sure wish it was us! Still another month. The kids are already starting to shut down. So am I.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  03:57:05 AM  Show Profile
The humidity is finally down around here which is nice. Still pretty warm, managed to get a sunburnt nose and cheeks yesterday during track and field. Oh well that is done and went well so the countdown continues.

Sheep stay pretty much in their house. Mowed lawn last night so I raked and threw that in for them as well to eat and they sure like that!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  08:44:07 AM  Show Profile
Well another bumpy ride weather wise around Colorado - hail, tornado's, sleet, rain and snow along with big out of control winds. Here at the farm we had the wind, rain, hail and hung loud thunder that again made the windows rattle..

I spent the day pricing and writing inventory sheets on over 200 hand stamps that will be going into my retail shop in town. I finished 300 skeins of yarn priced and inventoried also - now I get to drive into town tomorrow to set it all up for the big week long sale.

Barb, I had thought of moving to Canada - in fact, for a couple of years I had sales booklets sent to me looking for land. I LOVE cold but that heat you talked about would kill me. I hide underground when it gets to the 80's.

Sarita I am one who forgets my gloves all the time - I too love the feel of the process but since I also teach folks I try to remember to follow the safest way so others will do so too. I have many times walk around with purple,red and orange fingers and folks look at me like I have something catching..

Lori, I am sure the kids will enjoy themselves and it will be good for you too... Love your pups - see how smart they are?? I know it is hard to always stay two steps ahead of them. This weekend I have two huge holes to fill in that Kasha made because she decided it was best to let the yearling goat boys out to play. However, I forgave her because at her age I am just so blessed that she is here I figure if it gives her joy - don't get me wrong I am not happy about filling a hole that that is 6 feet long by 4 feet deep. Yep, she did that all in about less then an hour while I was busy working in the house.

Jami, Yes it is the big electric carding machine - it is a work horse. I also have a Louet coarse cloth hand crank carder for art batts. I use the triple picker from Patrick Greene. We will not even count how many card and comb sets I use... I also have teasing tools, flicker cards and blending hackles. I do use my picker to open up fleeces and also when I want to start a blended mix. You can make rovings several ways from a batt. You can divid the batt in half then start hand drafting to thin the fibers into the size roving you wish. Another way is to use your diz while the fibers are still on the roller of the carding machine - treat it like you would a hackle by moving from side to side and you pull the fibers thru the diz. There are a couple of other ways depending on what you are looking for - let me know if you need more info.

Lori, I still would like to talk with you about the Phat Fiber Box but I need to catch up before adding one more thing to my list.. I will keep an eye out on your Etsy to see what you new offering is. Good luck with it.

Well, back to pricing - Yuck but I sure hope folks will have their wallets open this weekend. Other then setting up by booth I will be very close to home this weekend - I am not one who like to get out with the masses.. Have a wonderful day ladies.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  08:54:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. It finally warmed up a bit so at least we haven't been under frost warnings the past couple of nights. Been working in the garden getting some seeds planted and the lavender plants pruned - they sure took some hard hits after we had cold with no snow cover last winter. I lost two lavender plants and have several that had to be cut down to the core which will impact my harvest this year. Today it's raining - a nice gentle mother rain which we need. The sheep are hanging out under the trees to stay dry - why there and not in the barn, who knows....

Glad to hear that school is almost finished the last few weeks are probably futile as far as the kids are concerned. How is your weather doing, Grace? I see you are supposed to be having a sunny day today - hopefully one without high winds.

As for removing dye from your hands - I use a product called ReDuRan Special that comes in a tube that I get from Dharma Trading made to remove dye from your skin. It works like a champ and isn't as hard as bleach on your skin. It also removes food coloring stains too. Although I haven't tried dying wool yet, I do use a lot of fiber reactive dyes on fabric and wood veneer.

Back to watering plants. Hope everyone has a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  05:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Off to town today and the weather guessers say it will reach 95 today - really not getting what is going on with Mother Nature... 95 is what we get in August. Wish me luck and be back to read all about your Fridays..

Stay cool.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  5:55:29 PM  Show Profile
SCHOOL IS OUT!! Not sure if I have ever been so glad to get out of school. Big decisions ahead about me not returning next year. I didn't sign my contract today, so I have 30 days to make up my mind. Two long time teachers at our grade level retired this year - one after 23 years and one after 38 years. Wow. Both taught my husband and I when we were in school.

We are heading about 5 1/2 hours north into Missouri tomorrow to pick up four Cotswold sheep- one ewe, two ewe lambs and one ram lamb. It will be a long road trip, but we borrowed a little horse trailer from the agri dept. at school and it can be pulled behind the suburban. Kids can spread out and not fight all the way there and back! How did we ever survive our own childhood without dvd players in the vehicles??? Hehehe. We bought our suburban used at an exeptional price, just as the old suburban faded out, or my kids wouldn't grow up with a dvd player, either.

Hoping to really clean house this next week. I've been putting it off, because I knew I was about to be off work for a while, but living in the country with 3 kids, me and the hubby and 3 grown dogs in the house, it doesn't take long for a little to build into a lot. I don't dare wait too many days without doing a load or two of laundry. Did that once. Spent my Saturday and Sunday doing 13 loads of laundry. Learned that lesson!

Something you may not realize is that many of the teens today do not realize what Memorial Day stands for. So sad. I talked to many of my 15 year old students and they didn't have a clue (course they had no idea there was an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico either and when I told them Lena Horne died, they didn't have a clue who that was). If you get the opportunity, make sure the younger generations understand why we get a 3 day week-end. If you are travelling, stay safe!

~Lori

Edited by - lsarah on May 28 2010 5:58:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  01:58:48 AM  Show Profile
My daugher and children arrived from Nebraska safe. The baby has grown so much, he is such a sweety. Lexi is trying to get in the good grace of Sadie and Lady. They barked at her and she was afraid of them at first but by 8PM they were eating out of her hands. Now she can get in the lot with the sheep and she is a happy camper now.
Lori, How was the trip, tell us about your new sheep. Thursday was our last day at school but had a work day on Friday. I have to go back on the 8th to give a CPR class for the staff...
Next week we will build fence, worm sheep, do hooves, give shots and move the flock into a new paddock. I had an ewe to get sick Thurs. She was having trouble breathing and frothing around the mouth. I wormed her and gave her antibiotic and isolated her in a pen by herself. She was eating and drinking Friday morning and was doing much better Fri. nite. I am not sure what is going on with her. The grass has been so wet and the sheep have been coming into the barn alot this Spring with all the rain, could be worms or pneumonia. I just hope we don't have anymore get sick. It got up to the high 80s the last couple of days but chances of rain 4 days next week so they went out on dry pasture but the heat is sure affecting them.
Lisa wants to go garage saling this morning, I better take another nap so I will be ready.
Happy Memorial Day
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  05:10:00 AM  Show Profile
I am so jealous, I have to go until noon on Friday. Kids are done then and don't know who will get out the door first, them or me!!! Will clean my space this week so ready to go. Afternoon is workday but I will be done by then so just will lose 3 hours of pay, boo hoo at this point

Will be brave and attempt garden today I think. They did mention word of frost in the next day or so. Good ole' MN doesn't let you down on wondering what the weather will do. The change of seasons are nice though and I would miss that.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  10:02:08 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone had a great day today! I actually got the bathroom at the other house painted today and hopefully I will have it finished tomorrow! I have to say that it turned out really pretty! The walls are "endless sky" blue and the ceiling is white! I am so excited to nearly have it done! It also looks like things are back on track for me to have a craft room after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  2:53:24 PM  Show Profile
We had a lovely trip to go get the sheep yesterday. Saw a part of the country we had never seen before. Sarita, if we ever move out of Arkansas, we may be coming your way! Missouri is so much more of our lifestyle. I saw beautiful wooden barns, simple, but nice houses, lots of pastures. The sheep are beautiful. The mama is a little larger than I expected her to be, hard to tell from pictures, but she is in full wool - so hot. Trying to find a shearer to take them to. Two little white ewe lambs and one cute as a button black ram lamb. Apparently a hot wire doesn't bother them too bad either. We've put them up twice now, and the wire is hot. Weird, though, the man we bought them from only used hot wire. I'll let you know when I post pics on the blog. It is over 90 degrees here and so much humidity you feel like you are swimming when you step outside. Hopefully I will get some this evening when it cools down a bit.

Girls, pray for me and my husband. I didn't sign my teaching contract for next year when I left for the summer on Friday. I have 30-60 days to decide. We can't quite make it on my husband's salary, so it will have to be a God thing if I don't go back next year. My health is suffering - I get weekly migraines and I can't stay home everytime my head hurts. I am sooooo tired of disrespectful kids and the sense of entitlement they have, and even tired-er of parents, (nuff said about them or I will get on a soap box that I will have to be forced off of) We want to make the right decision for our family, and both feel this is what we are supposed to do, but it sure is hard to do something in faith that your head says is crazy. God has a plan, we just need clear directions!

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  4:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Lori prayers out for you and boy do I understand. You hit it right on the head in describing every day of mine at work!!! I am so tired of it but...will put in one more year and see from there so ladies prayers out that things on our farm start to build up a bit and I can leave as well.

We are going back into the 60's now for next few days which is ok as it is easier to get some stuff done outside that we need to do.

Happy Memorial Day to all and don't forget our soldiers and may God bless them all!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  4:50:22 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I will be praying that God will open things up for you that you can stay home! I will definitely be praying for clear direction!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Lori and Rae, I am the nurse and not in the classroom but I see and hear what you are talking about and sometimes they get in my face wanting me to send them home...sometimes I feel like we are dummy down to make everyone happy...no competition to be the best, just get by...Ok, I must stumble off this soap box! Lori and Rae, I will put you in my prayers.
It is hot and dry today, Son and his family and Lisa and her family were here today. Danny and I got up very early thinking it was going to rain so we could replant and clear out the melon patch and the garden.
We cooked out and smoked some meat today...we will have left overs for the week. I still can't believe we don't have to be at work Tuesday.
Lori, how far did you go into Missouri? Were you in the boothills? I love Missouri, we live in very big hills and lots of curving roads. Many people get car sick coming up here. I keep dramamine for our quest if we are showing them the country.
Is the wool a fine, medium or course wool on your new sheep?
Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Let's keep our military in our prayers. I pray daily that they all will come home safe to a loving family and home.
Monica, so glad that you are moving forward on your home.
Grace, hope you are OK. We saw a news story on TV about the awful hail that hit Colorado the other day.
Jami and Sheri, how did your plants do after the frost, did you save some? Ours has almost drowned and then the sun comes out in all of its glory and now we have a crust as hard as a brick.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page