Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  10:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Monica - how sad. I will keep them in my prayers. How hard to lose any child but a little one...

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  05:57:18 AM  Show Profile
Prayers have gone up for them, how sad.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  06:11:50 AM  Show Profile
OH MY GOD - Monica I will add their names to the prayer circle right after I get done typing this.... My heart aches - I am so very sorry

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  06:11:53 AM  Show Profile
How awful...we will definitely pray for the family. He is the age of our baby, I can't imagine it. My heart breaks for them.

I think by the look of the weather map that everyone is having very goofy and uncomfortable weather. We are OK, Danny is suffering from wet weather and not able to be out working on the hay and the DISH is down...no TV. But the repairman should be here today.

Sounds like the fair went well...but the HEAT! I hope you and your animals are all home and staying cool and resting up.

Laura, time to move on friend. It is hard when we make life changes even when we push for the change. I know you will fill those gaps soon. Hope your fiber business really kicks off.

Grace, it is so good that you can share and help Brenda with her sheep. They are beautiful sheep and a rare site here in Missouri.

i have a full day with Lexi and Ang so I better go get breakfast and get people moving around here.

Please stay cool and safe
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  10:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Well another huge storm went thru - the bugs are just loving this but it is not helping me any. The temp is going to go back up in the high 90's but Sunday is expected to be a bit cooler - I will get all the painting supplies and set them by the door just in case.

The Gratitude Journal went out this morning so I will be posting a new Giveaway on Saturday - if you have a chance take a peak and enter if you wish... No Pressure...

I am hopeing to make a apricot torte if it cools down tonight I am wanting someting sweet. What has been in your oven if anything??

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  1:52:36 PM  Show Profile
Monica ~ What a sad situation. Said a prayer for the family.

Girls ~ I am processing the suri that I ordered and wondered if you have any experience with it. The fleece is filthy - I didn't pay much, so I am okay with that - but a very good job was done in the shearing. I have washed a little, just like I do my wool (mesh bag, soapy water soak and several rinses), but wasn't happy with the results - kind of a tangled mess. I read several places that lots of people work with it dirty, then wash the finished product, but if I want to dye it to card as accents into batts, that won't work. Okay, I took the scenic route to get to my question. One lady on Ravelry that apparently processes alpaca all the time, seperates it into locks and after the locks are clean and the vinegar rinse is done, she puts it in hot water for one minute, spins it out, then plunges it in cold water for one minute, spins it out and pulls it apart. She claims it isn't felted, just tangled. I can't imagine how it isn't felted unless it is more like our hair than wool. Any opinions?

I finally got four whole ounces of bl/shetland done and in the shop. It is beautiful and soft. I have some samples to get done to send out to a spinning club in Mississippi, I think that is where they are located. I like making small stuff - I can see real progress real fast! Stan is on four day weeks during the summer, Monday-Thursday, so I can stay up late tonight and work.

Grace, hope you don't mind, but I adopted your blog giveaway idea. Ladies, you might check mine out AFTER you look at Grace's! I have a good friend with a sewing business here locally that has been urging me to get out there more on the internet, so I thought this might be a small way to start.

Broke out the old yogurt maker today. I have been craving yogurt, but the silly stuff is so expensive. I love to have sweet stuff after supper, but apparently my hips like to adopt it after I eat it! Plan to have fresh yogurt tomorrow...I know of some frozen raspberries I have hidden in the freezer under some bags of peas that no one bothers...........

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  1:59:54 PM  Show Profile
We are having another "Wind Event" - blowing dust from the fields, the air is thick. Clouds are rolling in, I hope we get some rain although we aren't supposed to. As long as there is no lightening as it's so dry. This wind makes me so jittery the fire danger is so high.

Took my friend in to the hospital this morning for a scheduled Angioplasty in her legs and just got the news that all went well and the need for a bi-pass was averted. I am so happy for her the recovery time is so much less than the bi-pass. I am caring for her animals but she should be released tomorrow if all continues to go well.

I baked some shortbread cookies yesterday - not that I needed the calories mind you but they sure tasted good!! Today I have been watching corney movies and spinning to calm my nerves over this wind plus concern for my friend. So far a good day. We are supposed to be up in the high 90's by the weekend.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  2:41:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sheri I hope your friend makes a speedy recovery and I will send healing light to her and to you to calm the nerves... I am one who just does not function when the wind get's whipping. I am sure you deserve thos shorbread cookies - forget the calories you will burn them off spinning and taking care of animals.

Lori, my giveaways are not my brain child so why would I mind. I saw your lovely cup sleeve and will enter the giveaway when I get a chance. I do not purchase coffee out but I do have a travel mug that I use that would do well with a sleeve.

As for the Suri - I would never suggest putting fiber in hot and then cold so quickly - you're asking for it to felt even suri. I have worked with around 50 or so suri fleeces and the issue with them is they are more like hair and so when their shorn they can be prefelted already. Many breeders wait two years to sheer and so that means you have more time to mess it up. I would not try to spin suri in the dirt because you will trap the tiny parts into the yarn and then it will feel coarse - also if you are blending you never do that with dirty fleece - bad for the carder, bad for even spinning and again you will not get that all out when you are setting the twist. This is how I process Suri - I take a roasting pan fill it up with my handmade soap and warm water. Then lay the lock cut end all going the same direction. Bring the water up to the point it might boil and cover. Do not move it around. When the water is at room temp I take tongs and gentle take the locks out and lay them in a long collendar laying them again going the same direction. With the sprayer on the sink I match the temp of the locks and rinise. Let drain and lay out on drying racks. Hope that helps. I was the shearer for 6 Suri Farms and so those locks I know very well.

I just got today a big round of movies from the library so if the weather does not agree to painting I will be sitting at the carding machine with the head phones on - determining "Who Done It" for a couple of days.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  4:17:14 PM  Show Profile
Lori.
Does yogurt from the yogurt machine come out thick or thin? I have been making yogurt in my crockpot, and it tastes great (more like the yogurt we had in Europe and not so much like the almost-ice cream you get in America), but it is very thin. It makes fantastic smoothies and is fine for my yogurt "pudding", but for just fruited yogurt it is a bit thin.
Sorry, I know this isn't a yogurt thread! However, I was also wondering if anyone has tried making yogurt with sheep's milk.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

It is not the struggle itself, but how you behave when the struggle is over that determines your character.
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  6:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, hope the wind has died down and you can relax. Is your friend doing better?

Lori, I have appreciated this thread about Suri. Years ago when I first started spinning, a gal dropped off a llama fleece, I didn't know how to clean it and it looked like human hair...I may still have it. I will have to go out to the tack room and see...due to the fear of developing a bug problem in my fleeces, I probably got rid of it years ago.

Brenda and Lori, I have never tried to make yogurt but I really like the kind that is like soft ice cream. You now have me craving yogurt.

Angie headed back to Michigan this morning. I gave her my antique wheel and the first wheel that Danny made me. She had one in the passenger seat and the other in the back seat with Moose her big black lab. (I would have loved to see the expressions of people she was passing.) She also took back a bag of white corridale roving and one that is chocolate colored. She loves to felt and wants to spin to use the yarn on the loom. She just may have some of my DNA. We were busy with the kids and we didn't get to craft much together this visit.

Grace, happy movie watching...hope you get lots of carding done.

Chore time!
Sarita

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  10:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, Don't worry about asking about the yogurt! We get chatting about everything fiber to families and everything else in between!

I have wonderful news on the house! We are getting air conditioners! Gary talked to Steve today and we are getting 2 large window units that will work fine so we are on our way to getting the house done! YIPEE!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  03:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Monica I am doing happy dance for you!!! (Probably good you can't see me )

Everyone sounds so busy, I plan to be soon too

3 grandsons are spending the day today so never a dull moment, then on Monday watching youngest grandson for a few hours. The 3 older ones loves exploring around here and into the woods. No toys or tv just pure fun with imagination!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  04:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! It has been along time again. Seems everyone is hot even here! We had a terrible thunderstorm go through last night and dumped 2 inches of rain on us again! We have had so much rain that I haven't tilled my garden in 3 weeks! Just hand picking. My kids have been great help.

So what's new? The veggies are coming off left, right and center. Harvested peas, beans, 5 early cabbages, beets and broccoli yesterday. I may have to just bare feet is again and pick beans they grow whether it is dry enough or not!

I am so jealous that everyone is spinning! I have not had time. The girls are in soccer play-offs right now. They have been playing for the U-14, U-12 girls and U-14 boys teams. Everyone is on holidays and they can't get enough players. Last night they had to play short handed. Two 45 minute halves with only a 5 minute half time. I was just tired from watching them!

I read you were talking about yogourt. I make mine in the oven. Just heat up the milk to 180 the drop is to 110, put it in mason jars with lids and keep it in the oven over night with the light on and you have a beautiful thick yogourt. I have not tried it with fruit, but, I would think if frozen, all of the juice would have to be really drained. I don't know.

Anyway, being wet, we can't do anything outside so today is house cleaning day.

Have a great one ladies, so good to hear from you all!

Gods Blessings on your day.
Barb
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  07:59:02 AM  Show Profile
I am doing that same Snoopy Dance and Rae I would dance in front of you if you wont laugh about me!!!

Conrat's Monica!!! She now you will not have to glow (or as I call it sweat) all the time.

What Holiday Barb??? Sorry that your not getting to spin but soon when the snow flies you will be back inside and time to spin. We too hand another storm last night my weeds are loving it by my chores are not happening. During the day the temp climbs and it is so muggy that no one here moves. My older goats are having trouble with this weather too. I watch them closely becaue I really worry. I did purchase some additional minerals to make sure no one goes too low.

I once made tons of yogurt when my sons where here - they would eat gallons and still do. My smaller maker had an electric short and so now I have been purchasing. I am very interested to know how you do it without a maker.. So great topic. I did purchase some goat yogurt the other day and was thinking of turning it into a frozen yogurt with fresh blueberries and apricots.

This morning I am going to put aside the How Done It's for Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. What do you ladies like to do while sitting in front of your carders?? Because of the heat I must keep the curtains drawn in my fiber prep room and I can not turn on the big fan because it will blew everything round so I have a tiny one going which is like a fly wing. No complaining mind you just means drinking plenty of water and working with very little on - sure how that UPS guy does not show up. Last Friday I forgot I did not have shorts on and went out the door to see why Llama boy was screaming, it was our new UPS guy. I ran back into the house, grabbed my short came back out but the look on his face was priceless. I bet he thought Strange Lady at the Funny Farm, I heard stories about her. It is laughable because my neighbor up the way, you know the postmater at our local office - her and her husband work outside in the nude - you read that right.... First time we went their boy was that uncomfortable. I asked them to put clothes on because I had two sons they replied so did they and yes there boys where without clothes too. At least I had clothes on, just not all of them... One forget's those things when you do not see folks.

Well, have a great day with or without shorts on.....

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies, Hope everyone is doing well.

Monica, I'm so happy to hear you'll have air conditioning. Just ask Mom, I couldn't live without it unless I lived in Siberia. I don't do well in the heat. It seems to trigger migraines for me. Hearing that a fellow sister will not be suffering is nice.

I made it home from Missouri last night. Have you ever driven so long in a car that you still felt like you were moving when you got out? I had that feeling most of the night last night, but I'm much better today. It seems that I stepped out of the Missouri storms and into a husband storm when I got home, It looks like an tornado hit the inside of my house. I expected it though. I have so much to do. Too bad the lightening striking me didn't give me supernatural powers! LOL Speaking of that, I'm sure it's psychosymatic, but yesterday during the drive, my leg and arm would start hurting everytime I went under high-tension power lines. I'm sure fear of electricity is manifesting itself. You won't catch me doing any home wiring for a long time.

The drive home was interesting. As Mom posted above, she sent 2 spinning wheels home with me yesterday. The looks I got were funny, but the best look I got was from a Mennonite couple who were passing me. They were speeding right along and once they got right next to me they just hovered looking my Blue Dodge truck's contents over. It was a pretty thorough inspection too. I wonder what they were thinking. HMMM... Here's a lady in a not so lady-like truck with a Ruger firarm emblem on the hitch (My husband really likes his guns) bobbing her head to the rock music on the radio hauling an overweight dog and such beautiful spinning wheels. Oh my! :) thanks Mom for loading me up! I can't wait to get started, but the house needs to be put back together first. Next time I come we'll have to do some crafting.

Blessings to everyone and I'll be praying for rain for those who need it and praying against it for those who don't.

Check out my blog: http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  09:06:47 AM  Show Profile
That had me in stitches, Grace!
Since we moved to the middle of nowhere, my husband has taken to walking around in his underwear. He wears those boxer briefs and he swears they look just like he's wearing shorts...NOT!!!
The other night we had just come home from Bible study and he was taking off his trousers in the bedroom when he says, "Brenda! There's a racoon in the tree. This is the tree just outside the fenced area where we let our puppies out, so worrying about their safety, I said, "Can you shoot it?" So here he comes with his shot gun, in his underwear, on the front porch and shoots that racoon! This is the man who never even walked around our house without a shirt on in front of our kids! I said, "Well, I know we live in the country now!"
I keep telling him, when he walks around outside in his underwear, that I hope somebody drives up into the lane one of these days when he is out by the barn and sees him like that!
Too funny!
When I make yogurt in the crockpot, I heat it on low for 2 and a half hours, then turn off the crockpot and cool it for three hours, (that's a half-gallon of milk), then stir some of the milk into a half cup of yogurt, then stir that back into the crock-pot. Then,with the crockpot still off, cover the crockpot with a heavy towel (I use two) and let sit over-night. Voila!
I will have to try the oven method...but not until this heat goes away! The crockpot is nice to use in this weather because it doesn't heat up the house.
Oh, if I make the yogurt in the morning, I only let it set until just before I go to bed at night.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

It is not the struggle itself, but how you behave when the struggle is over that determines your character.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  10:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Morning all - Grace you crack me up!! Your poor UPS dude. He probably tells all kinds of tales to his buddies about the country crazies on his route....!!! I know what you mean about being in the country and forgetting these things. I met my daughters NYC boyfriend for the first time without out my teeth....I tend to not put them in when I work because I grit my teeth and it makes my mouth sore. I forgot I didn't have them in when they arrived in their rental car from the airport...I am pretty sure she was mortified however I am not easily embarassed. I just grinned at him and said "Ah, just call me Ma Kettle" (I'll bet that dates me and many aren't familiar with the OLD Ma and Pa Kettle Movies)....Vanity and comfort tend to battle but for me comfort trumps vanity in most cases.

We survived the wind storm and it's calm and clear today. There was one cell of lightening just to the north of us but no fires reported as of now.

Congrats on the A/C Monica. I am doing the happy dance for you and hope you finally get things wrapped up so you can move.

Gotta go move the water. Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  10:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Ha Sheri, we celebrate in August, Ma & Pa Kettle Days here in Kettle River

I am usually running with no bra which isn't a pretty sight but when it is hot a whole lot more comfortable

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  10:43:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you on the "no bra" when it's hot....also not a pretty site but my chickens and sheep really don't care!! Celebrating Ma & Pa Kettle days - how cool! I haven't run across many who even know the reference when I use it.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Well, we will all just date ourselves... I had a dear friend who would say - I never run too fast because I could put my eyes out!!! I must admit I only wear a bra to go into town or when I know folks are coming - Way too much info right?? I admit my attire is for the work I am doing at the moment not what folks would think - this is why I really don't want to have the farm shop open much - I would have to put on clothes and do something with this mop of hair...

Life is too short to worry about that...

I will have to give the crock pot method a try - thanks for sharing the method..

Have silk in the dye pot - better stopping sitting in front of this box. Talk to you all later.

Glad you are home safe and sound Angie. I know what you mean about attracting attracking strange looks on the road. Once I had to rescue an llama baby that was dumped along the highway. I strapped the little guy into the passengers seat and started for home. As folks passed me I am sure they could not believe what they where seeing but this farm gal tooling along in my Ford Pickup Truck with a sweet llama riding shotgun. Doesn't everyone travel that way???

Talk to you later

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! You ladies crack me up! With two boys still in the house, I don't have the luxury of doing without any apparel. And belive me, it would be nice if I could in this heat. I also love the stories about driving down the road with strange things in your car. Grace, I can't imagine going visiting with your neighbors!

Thanks for the info about suri. I thought surely that information couldn't be right! Grace, that is exactly how I wash Wensleydale, already have dedicated fiber pans (I think with three dogs and several bags of fleece in the house we probably inadvertenly eat enough animal hair without cooking in the same stuff I wash fiber in, no matter how much it has been scalded and scrubbed!) I sat down and seperated locks last night and can see that some are slightly felted. I combed a couple of locks, just to see, and I am soooo pleased! I honestly think it is as close to silk as you can get without the worm!

I have a little yogurt maker - it uses 4 cups of milk and takes about 8 hours. It is kinda runny, but sure beats the 55-75 cents a carton at the store. I usually buy frozen fruit and thaw it and stir it in just before we eat it. I love the other methods you all have talked about! I will have to try those, too! I haven't used sheep milk because we haven't had any babies since we got the sheep since we just got a ram. I would like to try my hand at milking sheep this spring, I have a couple that would let me do pretty much anything as long as they are getting attention. I never have milked anything, but Stan worked at a dairy in high school. I haven't found much of anything that man can't do, except maybe vacuum, but I think it is a mental block! :) Our last cow that calved had one of her quarters swell up great big, like bigger than a huge ole cucumber. We got her in the squeeze chute and he milked her out to keep mastitis (spelled wrong I'm sure) from setting up. He wanted me to try, but all I could see where those big hooves, as big as salad plates, not 2 feet from my head. She is gently, but you never know. At least with the sheep you don't much have to worry about your face or your brain being in danger!

I need to go get busy. I love that Stan only has to work 4 days a week in the summer, but I sure don't manage to get much done on Fridays when he is home. We have been getting the camper ready to pull to Kelleyville, OK next week for Fiber Christmas. I have slowly robbed most of the pantry stuff, so I need to go restock.

Take care!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  2:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Girls, didn't you know that bras are just for going out or having company, you know just for special times. Here I thought I was the only one that had to run to the bathroom and get dressed and groomed when company comes to the door! You guys cracked me up! I personally like to wear dresses so I can toss on an apron when I have to cover up fast. Brenda, my husband has been known to step out the door in the night with his gun in only his undershorts. When our grandson that lives in Trenton comes to visit, he is all the time going out the patio doors to use the bathroom, even in the winter. He started that when he was about 3 yrs old.

Ang, I can't believe you let anyone pass you??? After the scare was over and we knew Ang was OK after the lightning hit...her dad began calling her Sparky. And I am so thankful that she is OK.

It is very hot here and I imagine everywhere else too. I am so thankful that we are blessed with AC...and Monica, so glad you are getting AC soon.

The sheep are very hot, laying in the shade of the barn and the trees. I hate the heat for them. They seem to get sick more during the extreme heat than when it is extremely cold. With all the rains we have had and eating grass out in the pastures with higher risk for getting contaminated with worms that really can get out of control fast if you don't watch for them closely. I probably spend more time in the lot with the sheep in the summer than any other time except lambing season. I am watching for a rough fleece and weight loss, unusual behavior for that particular sheep, droopyness. I use cider vinegar in their water and to clean out their feed pans and waters.

I have a question for you all: do you have cell phone service that works in your area? We don't and I would like to know if we are a rare case or if the phone company is blocking the area to prevent competition but still won't invest money to put up cell towers in this area. I would really appreciate hearing from as many people as I can.

Ewe have a good day
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  3:35:44 PM  Show Profile
Sarita we are hit and miss with cell phones, even in town (Kettle River) it is the same. We are rural so.... like everything they are slow to come in. AT&T put up a tower not too far from us but doesn't make a difference for us.

I have never made yogurt so just may have to try it. Will have to get the recipe exact from someone one of these days.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  7:45:37 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, See I told you we talk about other stuff besides fiber!!! I am going to have to try doing yogurt in the crock pot!

Grace, You crack me up! I can only imagine what the UPS guy was thinking! In this weather less is definitely better!

Angie, Glad you had a safe trip home! It would have been interesting to know what the Mennonite couple was thinking

I try to wear as little as possible in the summer! I bought 5 sun dresses from a shop here in town, which is really bad because I have tons of fabric, but I haven't had any time to sew lately and when I do I have been sewing stuff for Gary and the kids! I have to say that I don't wear a bra unless it's absolutely necessary!

Well ladies, we officially have 1 air conditioner at the house! Steve had to pick up some other stuff so he didn't have room to get both of them, but there really is 1 at the house, I saw it! YIPPEE!!!! Thank you all for the well wishes!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 23 2010 7:52:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  8:02:25 PM  Show Profile
O.K. Monica I am doing the Dance but in slow motion - I do not have AC so I can not risk a heat stroke - just kidding.. You will be one cool chick very soon!!

I might have a flop on my hands - I was dieing for a cookie so I thought I would make one that I only do during Holiday Times, it my favorite. They have to sit over night but I think I might just get a sticky mess. My fried gray cells did not think of the heat and so I am not sure these are going to work. The reason I picked them is you bake them at a temp of 275 so I thought I would bake them way early before sunrise and then I would not add to the heat. Too late their alreay cut out.. Keep those fingers crossed.

Back for some more icecubes on the neck - stay cool ladies.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page