Page: of 157

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile
Angie the men can come, someone has to work the farms while we spin and the such

About 86 here today and heavy air, yuck!! Sheep and chickens won't even come out in this! Usually sheep are nosy and look out when I am rummaging about but not today

Going to try and skirt out the wool tomorrow. Will have Kevin put some rabbit fence across some sawhorses and then can see what I can attempt to salvage out of the whole thing. (Hopefully that is the right term )

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  3:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I have 2 looms, but I haven't had a chance to set either one up! I will probably wait until after we get moved!

Rae, I would so move out of the desert! One of these days I am going to talk Gary into moving back east!

If any of you have ever seen Cooks Country on PBS, the big white farmhouse is my dream house!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  3:49:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh food...tomorrow night on that Diners,Drive Ins and Dives they are featuring Gordy's in Cloquet, MN. That is about 35 miles or so from us, hubby works in that town. Just thought I would tell ya, they have awesome food!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  04:37:39 AM  Show Profile
Something almost unheard of happened here yesterday. I left here at 4:30 to take Jessica to her Sunday School party. My suburban had the outside temp at 101. I went 8 miles into town, ran into rain so hard I could barely see, and as we went, we watched the temp drop by several degrees at a time. By the time I got home at 5:00, the temp was reading 77 degrees! Unbelievable!

Got a list a mile long to get done the next three days to get ready for the show this week-end. Why do I always think of all these neat things I could do right here at crunch time? But you know what, it is okay! Tomorrow I was scheduled to attend my first professional development meeting for the next school year, one of those all day long affairs that you hear lots of good ideas with no practical way to apply them in the classroom, AND I DON'T HAVE TO GO! YIPEE!

We moved a 10 month old heifer up into the now empty horse lot last night. We are keeping her and didn't want her bred at a young age. Her and her mamma ought to be hoarse with all the fussing they did last night. I know it has to be done, but I guess I am a softy. Stan actually put a halter on her and she didn't fuss to awful much! She may make a show cow for our middle son, Ethan, next year!

Girls, you are making me want to expand my horizons with all the talk of looms. I started poking around on the internet. One of the shops is bringing a couple of small cricket looms to the show this week-end and has a really good price on them. I think it would be a good way to start and learn all the terminology and the basics. Wonder if I can sneak one that size back home without Stan noticing............

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  07:36:59 AM  Show Profile
Lori, just put it right in the middle of your other craft supplies and let it lay there a few days and when Stan finally notices it, just say, "Oh, I have had that forever, you remember when I got that." (that might not work on Stan but let him get a few years older.) When hubbys getter older, they are afraid you will say...you never pay attention to what I do or either they surrender! My husband surrendered several years ago and now he is an enabler.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  10:50:29 AM  Show Profile
Mom's right Lori! She trained me well. Don't let her fool you though, she's been pulling that stunt since I can remember. Works for me too! He's definitely an enabler now for both of us. LOL By the way, I love your blog!

Check out my blog: http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  11:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Lori, I started to type a reply about the vinegar on my new laptop and I hit something and loose the whole shooting match when I was just finishing...@#$%^&@#

I use apple cider vinegar because the acid in it kills bacteria in the feed pans. I also pour a cup or so into the sheep waterers. Prevents the algae build up. Some people have used the vinegar to treat a sheep that is having stomach problems. I have used it on a few sick sheep over time, about 1/4 c and it has helped some and not others. I also keep anti-diarrhea medications for humans and give that to lambs and calves with diarrhea. For bloating, I have given pepto and it helped. Another med that I keep on hands that is made for humans is triple antibiotic ointment. If a sheep steps on something or gets a cut, I put some on the injury and it does not stain the wool and it works. I just get the cheaper at Walmart.

Monica, if I was you, I would be packing fast too. I am so glad that you can get settled into your new home soon. Is Gary back to work?

Rae, you are a pretty clever lady, "needs hubbys to work on the farm". Did it cool down for you too last night?

Grace, are you staying cool? I bet the fiber is stacked high by the drum carder.

Brenda, I think you will find the ladies in the guild to be very nice and I bet you will meet Jan too. I wish I lived closer. It is about 1 1/2 hr to Jamesport from here. I am also happy to hear that your daughter will be close by soon. Ang has always been a daddy's girl but if I was painting, cooking or crafting, she was right there. Her dad showed her how to maintain a car and workworking...she is just a jack of all trades.

Sheri, I was telling Ang about your beautiful boxes, where can she go to see those pictures? How did they turn out after you finished them?

Girls, my b-i-l that was running high temps and has been going to the doctor for over a week is being put in the hospital today. We went to the clinic with him yesterday and he looked awful and the doctor at the clinic wouldn't give him an antibiotic or run any lab work, just sent him home just like his family doctor has did for over a week, treating him for a viral infection. Today they ran labs and his white cell blood count was sky high so they are admitting him to the hospital. Danny is headed home from the hay field and we are going over to the hospital. Please pray for him, he fought GI cancer a couple of years ago and they have been giving him a clean bill of health.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  1:12:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh Angie, your blog is beautiful! Such peaceful colors.

Sarita ~ I will say a prayer on your BIL's behalf that he gets answers fast. Thanks for the info about the cider vinegar. Like I said, we scrub every night because Scarlett will not keep her dirty feet out when she drinks. Last night during the downpour, she and Ginger were out in the open wrestling like it was bright and sunny. I can't figure those dogs out.

Stan is pretty good about tolerating my crafting ambitions - after all, this time last year there wasn't a sheep on the place, only cows. Now the sheep WAY outnumber the cows! So he pretty much just shrugs and says "how much is this going to cost me?" with that sad little look he can get. My mom has a fabric addiction and she is the sneaky one. Growing up, we would go to the fabric store, and she would leave her purchases in the vehicle until daddy went to work on Monday so she could pre-wash and put up! Her sewing room is unreal. I never have to buy fabric for anything - I just go shopping for free at her house! (Angie - sounds like you might have the same sort of deal going on in your family, too!) :)

Been combing and carding since 7:30 this morning. I have lots accomplished. For once the boys haven't been fighting so I haven't had to play referee much today! Amazing what you can get done! Took a break to fix lunch. We had a friend give us a sack of tomatoes and low and behold there were jalepenos in there too! I had just bought purple onions the size of soccer balls on sale, so we had fresh salsa for lunch. I bet my breath could knock an elephant out right now!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I am so happy to finally be on track with the house, but I have to say that we have a 2 year time frame to see how things go and if we can't get out of the rut we are in then we are going to move! It's been too hard to be in the current house we are in for almost 6 years and for Gary to be so limited with his job that everything combined, we have just had enough!

I had to laugh about putting the loom in the middle of the other craft stuff and then saying " I've had that forever" because one time I was pitting cherries and had this little cherry pitter and Gary asked " When did you get that" I told him I had had it for about a year and he was like "Oh Yeah" It was the truth because I had bought it the summer before at a yard sale for .25! It really irritated me because it was the truth and he didn't believe me! Now on the other hand I got a second smaller loom that sat in the box by my craft stuff for a week before I took it out of the box and he never said a word! Go figure!

I have finally finished both singles of my Shetland lace weight yarn so tonight I get to ply them together! I am so very excited! I will post some pics when I get it done!

Does anyone know of a good place to get raw Cormo fleece at?

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Sarita I will place your BIL in our prayer circle and send healing light to him and all your family. I hope they get it figured out very soon.

Monica - Glad you like the photo's of the goats on the blog site. As for a Cormo Breeder that I like well, she passed away this Feburary. I purchased several of her fleeces to help out the family and honestly I have not had time to even look at them - I might just send them to the mill and deal with them back in roving form. She had top of the line sheep and fleece so I am sure they will be worth what I paid for them - I just wanted to help the family. Other then her I do not have another source of organic Cormo...

Have been enjoying watching "Creatures Great and Small" while working. Spun some new yarns, blended and dyed the whole weekend now need to get the pictures done. Was doing the Snoopy Dance for two sizable orders this weekend and last but not least even pulled weeds - Yuck!! Some of the older goats are struggling with the heat - us old folks are such a pain aren't we?? Ebony and I sat with cold clothes around our neck today - I filled up the big tanks so folks could just stand in the cold water. Yep, we do kiddy pools - done it for years and they all love it...

Hope all is going well - Blessings

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I knew I was missing something! I will be praying for your Brother-in-law!

Grace,Let me know if you ever decide to part with one of the fleece!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  9:24:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you, grace this heat really makes it hard to keep one's energy going. It was 100 this afternoon. I have been washing wool and having my hands in hot water in this heat is kinda a drain on me. I am really anxious to finally be done though. I still have one more to pick and wash but I think I am going to wait until the temps moderate a bit next week. I have been trying to keep up with my lavender harvest too - as it comes on I harvest. Then weave wands out of the longer stems.

Sarita - I hope your brother in law is doing better. Have they figured out what is going on yet? I will say a prayer for his speedy recovery. The box pictures are on pages one and two of the "What are you working on today?" thread. I got them sprayed and two lined and then got de-railed with my van issues and spring work etc. I am hoping to get back to them once the summer work calms down again. I still would like to make them to sell but am not sure how to price them.

Angie - I looked at your blog - beautiful tomatoes girl....mine are still green. Everything here is so late this year.

Would love to see the pics of your lace weight yarn, Monica. I have just about finished the second bobbin so I can ply mine as well. I have been so tired at night I haven't had too much spinning time.

Early bedtime for me. I need to get up with the birds to get my gardening done before it gets hot.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  04:59:54 AM  Show Profile
Sarita your BIL is in my prayers.

Getting ready to batten down for a round of storms coming our way Got the older dog out right away to pee as he won't go when it storms or gets so scared takes off!!! Goofy thing.

Supposed to cool down tomorrow after this storm goes through.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  07:20:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, today is the day! The hubby and I traveling north to Grand Rapids for my loom today! I'm so excited, but a little nervous about the size of it. We'll see. I don't want Wayne to have a cow when I start setting it up.

Before I take off, I'll be calling to check on my uncle. Thank you so much for all the prayers on his behalf.

Rae, I checked out the radar and it does look like you're in for a doosie. Good luck girl! I'm hoping it holds over Lake Michigan until I get this loom home and unloaded. Then again if it hovers over the lake, who knows how much it'll dump on us. I live in the Southwest cuff of the mitten, and we get some of the lake effect rain and snow, but not bad usually.

I better et back to clearing a space for the loom. I'll post pics when I get things set up.

Smiles,
Angie

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  09:01:58 AM  Show Profile
MOrning all.
Rae we had some thunderstorms roll through this morning. It seems to be cooler out now. Wish it would stay that way. My husband has relatives in Cloque. My second son goes to Bemidji State, so we travel though your neck of the woods once in a while.
Sarita and Angie, best wishes to the B.I.L. Good luck on the loom, hope it don't get rained on.
I just gotta tell ya all.......my dyeing expierence!!!!! I had ordered red, blue and yellow dye. Not really knowing where or what to pick out. Dyed some batts, and some spun yarn. We set the dye in the micro wave, by may ma's, since I don't have one. It turned out okay I thought on the batts. Then I spun one, that was green, blue, red, and yellow. Oh my gosh did it spin up really nice. It made a wonderful blend of colors, I could not believe it. I just loved it. (we did use squirt bottles on the batts) I can now understand what you guys are talking about, when you say you have a certain color, or colors you would like to achieve in dyeing. Next time I will order some earth tone colors. Thanks for all your suggestions, and helpful hints. Soo much wool, sooo little time!!! Such fun.
My aunt also taught me how to weave on an inkle loom. That is fun too. Humm a stepping stone, to something bigger and better???
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Angie,
I looked at your blog. I can't wait to see the pictures of your new loom. I hope the trip goes well and the weather cooperates for you.
We lived in your area a few years ago. We were in St. Joseph, outside of Benton Harbor. If you like Barbeque, some friends of ours own a place in Benton Harbor called "Piggin' N Grinnin'. He is from Memphis originally so there motto is "From the south to your mouth"!
I also pray your uncle will recover quickly.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  8:13:57 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm not finished with assembly yet, but coming along. I have to admit, it took several tries to get the right mortise to meet up with the right tenon. Yep, they were all hand cut to fit one another. The corner post alone must weigh 70 lbs a piece, solid oak that feels somewhat petrified.

Am I crazy? Yes, Yes indeed I am. This puppy is OLD and can anybody say HUGE!!!! I know now that it's a barn loom and probably is better suited for the barn, but I'll gussy it up! Wayne was concerned about it crowding the front door too much. I told him that anyone that counts uses the back door anyway. Am I right ladies? Oh, he also said that it looks like a ancient torture device. He came around though and really likes it now.

Well I'm tuckered out, but it hasn't beat me yet! I better get back to it. I still have to figure out where some more parts go, but at least I can see progress.

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  9:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Wow Angie - that's a big loom!! How neat that it is all hand built. I'll bet warping that is going to take a lot of hours. My great aunt had one similar to it in her barn that my great grandma wove rugs on. I love things like that - utilitarian art at it's best. You are one lucky lady!!

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  9:55:51 PM  Show Profile
All done but the untangling and warping! Arghhhhh!!! That'll have to wait til tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  10:16:44 PM  Show Profile
OH Angie, That is so beautiful! WOW!!!!! It's incredible! It makes my looms look so small! My neighbor back home in Ohio has 2 looms like that and she weaves all of the time! I absolutely agree with you about anyone that counts uses the back door!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:12:26 PM  Show Profile
I finally got my first bobbin plied of my Shetland Lace weight yarn! It came out to about 26 wpi. It is so soft!

Sarita, I LOVE your fiber!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  06:04:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Wow, Wow...Ang, I love your loom and I think it looks great! What a treasure found! I am glad that Wayne is liking it too. I bet you are tuckered out today after handling them heavy pieces of lumber yesterday. I can see you sitting at it and weaving.

Monica, the yarn turned out beautiful. How much more do you need to spin to be able to knit your shawl? I have another lb or so washed of a light silver fleece upstairs???

Girls, I thank you for your prayers, they finally hospitalized my brother in law, after over a week of high temps and rib pain. He had pneumonia. He had been to his family doctor 3 times and to the week-end clinic and no one would order him an antibiotic or do any testing. My husband was about to choke the doctors. I was just mystified by the lack of medical treatment that they were giving him. He fought GI cancer 2-3 yrs ago, so you know what was in the back of his head as well as ours. He was loosing weight like crazy and his color was even getting bad. The moral of this story...doctors are not Gods, they are just human beings that get up and put their pants on one leg at at time and lead lives that are very hectic.

We went to Kansas City yesterday for me to get some dental work done...I just could not live in the city. Danny waited out in the nice landscaped parking lot with trees, when I came out he asked me, "do you see any birds or hear any birds?" I crow was caaing in the distant. It was sad. We were into a couple of traffic jams because of people that can not read or stupid...don't know which. They were doing road construction on I-35 and the sign said Right Lane closed in so many feet...so most people are getting in the left lane and getting prepared but we watched trailtrucks and cars going by us fast in the right lane and then getting to the place where the right lane is closed and just hauling over into the left lane and then everyone slams on their brakes causing a chain reaction and lets the sucker in. Girls, I am sorry that I am venting this morning but I have been subjected to more stupidity than I can handle this last week! Just give me the harder work but slower paced life of the farm. (The city traffic did remind me of feeding time, all the cows and sheep running to the feeders and not caring who they ran over to get there.)

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  07:23:59 AM  Show Profile
Tuckered is right, but it was worth it. I really love it and hey, it was free! After a cup of coffee, I'll get back to the warp.

Monica, your yarn is beautiful! It brings visions of the sheep it came from. I love those guys! I only hope I can spin like that some day. Practice, practice.

Take care ladies,
Angie

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  07:44:19 AM  Show Profile
Angie that loom just fits - congrat's. Your so right that is a barn loom and I have several friends who have them. Weaving has never been my thing - my youngest son is a state champion weaver but for me I would rather pull my fingernails out one by one. I am so glad it has found a home with someone who will love it and use it...

Monica great yarn - Love spinning lace weight - which prayer shawl are you going to be using??

Sarita you go right ahead and vent - I agree the stupity of most folks can be more then we can handle. I will be watching Reese (grandson) next week and I am already just trying to center myself not for watching him but just driving to get to him. I am presently reading some books about our new social network ecomony and I must say I just think we are all going mad... I thought I might educate myself on the new ways of doing business but I must say it is mush to me. Why would you trust someone half way across the world rather then your own brain and gut. Oh Wait - they no longer have brains. We no longer teach folks to think but rather read all the twitters and they go with the popular vote. I must say I just do not know if I am cut out for this e commerce social network mush.

Well, back to farm work - where sanity is simple. I had Casper stick his face into a cactus so pulled out a dozen or so stickers. Oitment three times a day. Cash twisted his front foot yesturday and so I spent hours icing it and watching him to make sure there was no swelling. Still limping a bit but puts weight on it. Then I have a new birdy fall on the back deck because he has a malformed foot, can grasp to land. His parent where frantic so I watched and waiting to see what would happen. Many failed attempts and he would always return to me. He managed to make it back to the box on the pole but I spent the whole night worring that my big owl might pick him off. This morning he was back on the deck waiting for me. Hope he can figure things out before the owl notices him... See what I get for watching a weekend of "All Creatures Great and Small"...

Well have a uneventful day ladies - enjoy your work and count our blessings not to have to be in town today. Tomorrow is my day to go to town for errands and I am already regretting it. Oh well I will spin today - perfection in a day.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:09:03 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the compliments on the yarn! It took about 5 hours last night to ply 2 bobbins! My arm got tired winding up the first bobbin full onto my niddy noddy!! I think next time I will wind it onto a yarn winder instead! I had about 360 yards on the first bobbin and I think I have at least 300 on the second one!

Sarita, I may be getting that pound from you! I don't have a specific pattern picked out but I know from reading the books I got that it says the shawls can take from 8 to 18 ounces! As Grace said go ahead and vent! I just hate it when people don't get over and then they cut you off because they must get over!!!! One time there was road work and so many cars were not getting over and I decided I was absolutely NOT going to let anyone in so I kept rigth behind the truck in front of me and made people wait and get in behind me! I figured if they hit me trying to cut in, it would be their fault!!!HA!!

Grace, I love hearing about the adventures with the little bird! I hope Cash and Casper are doing well today! I agree with you that people need to thing for themselves! I sometimes wonder why I bother with Facebook! I have been able to keep in touch with my niece who is at college in Portland Oregon through Facebook, but half of the time when I list that I am having a sale, nobody responds except you!!

Things may be getting very interesting around here in the days to come! Gary is starting to wonder if his leg is ever going to completely heal up and if it doesn't then that will change things with him working for Steve! He still can't go out and fix water lines and dig so we are not really sure what is going to happen! I would love to be able to get things going well enough on etsy to have Gary not worry about things! I am really praying that sales will pick up from the Phat Fiber Box! I am going to be listing some batts in larger sizes and I think I am going to list some of my washed fiber by the ounce and try to start moving things! I wish I was not so scatter brained! I had to keep telling myself to just finish the lace weight and not do anything else!!!! Well I am off to clean up a bit and then work on some more fiber!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page