CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  5:02:09 PM  Show Profile
wanted to share some photos of our home .. Cabin Creek Farm .. and the 'story of it'

This was my very first glimpse of Cabin Creek Farm -- September 1993 issue of Country Living. We were living in Annapolis, Maryland (capitol of Maryland and home of the U.S. Naval Academy) at the time. I was enchanted with the barn ..

====================

and then i turned to the article and fell passionately in love! i told hank "i want to live here someday" .. i don't think i even paid attention to the fact that it was in Kentucky .. but for years .. it had been my dream to live in an historic log cabin on a farm.

=======================================================

the original to the property log cabin has TWO rooms .. downstairs and upstairs .. with a little 'lean-to' (that is open to the downstairs .. which was the kitchen and bathroom when the prior owners lived here. the logs inside were unpainted and the cabin stood alone. five years later, they whitewashed this room .. painted the wide wood floors 'yellow' and added an addition which brought the two cabins together.

=========================

i love the sassafrass tree twin beds that were built out of trees cut in the woods surrounding Cabin Creek Farm. These beds came with the house .. he had to build them upstairs .. and with the little windy staircase .. there would have been no way to get them out of here without totally dismanteling them. We even still have the little 'cat bed' made of sassafrass ... a 'teddy bear' now sleeps in it!

=====================================================

the little log cabin (that looks more like a tobacco shed) (circa 1876) was moved from 20 miles away in a neighboring Kentucky county. When this photo shoot was done, it had just been assembled .. you can see 'sky' through the slats .. the chinking had not yet been put in it. This cabin is actually about the same size as the original cabin. one room upstairs and one room downstairs. No windows are seen .. because this is actually the 'back of the cabin' .. the front looks off into the forest.

The BEAUTIFUL lush gardens are no longer here. Renters lived at Cabin Creek Farm for one year .. the husband did not like flowers and had a huge "KABOTA"??? (not sure i spelled that right) .. and wiped them all out! I am slowly but surely replacing them!

=============================================

The left side of the picture is the view from the enclosed 'back porch' .. the right side is the barn at the top and the wonderful olde gardens (fence was reclaimed by mother nature!) at the bottom.

==================

hope all these pictures come through ... will post some of Cabin Creek Farm ... 5 years later than these .. when it was again featured in Country Living Magazines .. when the two cabins were joined together with an addition that houses a large kitchen, small laundry room, our bedroom and bathroom and a long hallway. Shows the wonderful dream kitchen of mine .. and the newly 'white-washed' walls of the 1863 log cabin.

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Jan 23 2008 07:30:43 AM

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  5:06:53 PM  Show Profile
I've seen your farm!!!!!!! I've seen that very same article! I FELL in love with that place years ago!!!!!! That's so exciting to know you own it!!! I can't believe that's you!!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  5:35:46 PM  Show Profile
hi rachel .. it was a dream come true! i kept seeing it here and there in publications and started talking to my 'gurlfrenz' all over the united states about how this was my 'nirvana' .. my 'heaven on earth' .. and how i longed to live here someday.

the 'stories' surrounding my connection to cabin creek are amazing! i was visiting a friend in georgia (atlanta) .. she took me to a most wonderful log cabin antiques shoppe .. i started talking with the owner and told her that my heart's love was a log cabin in kentucky (i had since realized what state it it was located in!) She said: "i know the cabin you must be talking about ... Cabin Creek Farm!
And then she proceeded to ask me: "did you know that Cabin Creek Farm just sold?" I THOUGHT I'D DROP DEAD ON THE FLOOR OF HER SHOPPE! I was sick! sick! sick! She told me she knew one of the photographers who did some of the photo shoots. WELL .. that was the end of that! I figured that the new owners would be there until the day they died .. and i'd be about 167 years old by then!

SIX months later, at MIDNIGHT .. an on-line friend of mine told me that Cabin Creek Farm was back up for SALE .. and gave me the website .. at MIDNIGHT .. i viewed the website and my heart started pounding! My husband was out of town on a business trip. I went to the basement where i had about a hundred or so copies of Country Living and Country Home magazines (i honestly couldn't remember which one i had seen it in.) And i swear .. i had about 20 years worth of BOTH magazines .. and had recently been selling and gifting them and was down to about a hundred or so copies of both magazines. I picked up a big pile of them .. sat in a rocking chair and starting flipping through the first one in the pile .. nope! second one .. nope! (i had also actually forgotten the barn was on the COVER.) Now it was about 12:30 a.m. .. and i laughed at myself and told me how silly i was to think that that very particular magazine would still be in the few copies i had left! Threw the second copy aside .. and 'oh my gawd' .. staring at me was the 1993 copy that said "Farmstead in Kentucky' with the red barn. oh lordy, did i ever see this as 'A SIGN'! Stayed up another hour devouring every word and picture over and over and over again!

o.k. .. it gets even BETTER!

i ran upstairs and e-mailed the owner (through the web-site) that i was VERY interested in seeing Cabin Creek Farm and left my phone number!

the next morning at NINE a.m. .. my phone rings .. it is the owner responding to my e-mail. He asked me if i realized this farm was in Kentucky .. and would i be able to come there to see it?

o.k. .. here comes the really AMAZING 'sign' that my dream was meant to come true!
I actually SHOOK as i told him that i had never, ever been to Kentucky .. didn't have any family that ever lived in Kentucky .. didn't even know ANYONE who had ever lived in Kentucky .. i had never even driven THROUGH Kentucky on my way to another state .. and was embarrassed to admit that i wasn't even SURE exactly where it was on the map or which states surrounded it!

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i swear this is TRUE!) .. i told him that as i was speaking to him that very moment, i was holding in my left hand a Plane Ticket that i had had for three months .. destination: Kentucky! And that i was heading there NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

He asked me WHERE i was coming in Kentucky. (Now, at the time, i surely didn't know what was where in Kentucky .. i told him that i was scheduled to do a week-long class in primitive rug hooking at Shakertown, KY. I asked him if Cabin Creek was ANYWHERE near Shakertown .. he asked if i was flying into Louisville .. i told him yes .. he said: "i'll meet you at the airport" .... (to be continued .. and the 'signs' do not stop here .. there are MORE!)

you really, really must come for a visit!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  8:14:49 PM  Show Profile
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Don't stop the story! What happened next????!!! Augh! - Cat
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  03:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes! Please continue the story!!! Green County doesn't seem too awful far from Louisville. My soon-to-be husband is from Marion County, KY and that seems decently near you!

I'm so excited to hear your story! Soooo cool!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  03:58:46 AM  Show Profile
very early good morning Cat .. i'm up bright and early because our "Circle of Friends Garden Club" is coming here tonight for our holiday pot-luck supper .. and i've got cookin' and bakin' to do! (HA! soooooo "why" am i on this computer contraption!) I guess when i smell the aroma of 'burnt cookies' wafting up the stairway .. i'll head back downstairs!

well .. anyhoo .. the adventure continues!

On arriving at Louisville, the owner took me to a dynamite 'ribs' restaurant .. and up and down rolling green hills that charmed the britches offa' me! I've been in lots of states and several countries .. and other than Alaska and Colorado .. i'v never been in prettier country. (now maybe, just maybe, i'm wearing rose-colored glasses .. cuz' there are some mighty fine places in this good 'ole U.S. of A!!!) Beauty, truly is in the eye of the beholder.

as we drove the half-mile up and down the forest-lined little 'goat trail' (or 'pig-path' as some locals refer to it) that leads to CCF .. my heart was leaping all about in my chest! We topped a hill and he stopped at the crest of a little valley .. and i travelled back in time as i gazed at what looked to me like a tiny log-cabin pioneer settlement.

I tossed our checkbook at him right then and there! The more i saw of CCF the deeper in love i fell. Excitedly, i called honey hunk (who was back in Washington, D.C. at work)! And to this day, I'm not sure actual intelligible words poured out of my mouth as i gushed and babbled and BEGGED!!!!!!! Now .. Hank is a 'water-man' .. he had just bought a huge sailboat that spring .. he 'rows' (sculls) every morning of his life that the river our Maryland home was surrounded by wasn't frozen!

His 'shell' (scull) is 26 feet long and ELEVEN inches wide .. most of we women's hineys would hang over the sides of it!

And in July, the CREEK part of Cabin CREEK Farm was dribbling along like spittle out of the side of an olde man's mouth! (not much sailing was gonna' be happening there!) We knew there were several 'lakes' and lots of 'rivers' in Kentucky .. so he asked me to 'check them out' and look at the nearby towns before heading for Shakertown. (I did .. and found Green River Lake .. which is about 25 miles from us .. a good bit further than our back yard huge river in Annapolis!) In another conversation, when he asked me how far the lake was from the cabins .. i flipped my fingers across my lips as i told him ... resulting in the sound much like the playing cards we used to put in the spokes of our bike wheels! (only tblenraferty-fibe miles away i told him ... (which, of course, translates into a FIFTY mile round-trip each morning to row on the lake!)

With my womanly 'wiles' .. i proceeded to describe the beautiful rolling back country road he would GET to ride on every morning .. and after all, i continued .. you'll be RETIRED .. so .. you will own your own time ... no hurry, no rush to get anywhere each day!

He then asked 'how much GRASS is there to cut'? I reminded him that all his life, he had said he wanted to be a 'Gentleman Farmer' .. and besides .. he could get one of those nifty riding lawn-mowers. (Actually, there are only about 3 acres of grass to cut .. the rest is forest).

O.K. .. now to 'sign # 3' .. which showed me .. it was meant to be) ... after visiting the lake and our nearest town (which is also our County Seat) .. and by the way, i stopped in every shoppe and restaurant in town .. and made a dozen new friends! Lordy! I do love Green County, Kentucky!

Headed for Shakertown (and oh MY .. what a lovely place that is!)

Check out their web site at: http://www.shakervillageky.org/

Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - We make you kindly welcome
A restored Shaker community and living museum. Includes a profile of facilities which include dining, lodging, and crafts.
http://www.shakervillageky.org/

My first day at rug-hooking school .. i met about 25 new friends .. about half of whom knew of Cabin Creek Farm. Two of the women told me that Country Living had done another feature on CCF about five years after the first issue .. when the second cabin was restored and the 'dog-trot' addition had been built bringing the two cabins together as one home.

O.K. Another TRUE story .. and a 'pox' on me if i lie! That VERY day, these two women went into the tiny town of Harrodsburg, KY next to Shakertown for lunch .. they returned and walked to the table where i was sitting and 'hooking' and said: "We have a gift for you Frannie" .. and laid the October 1998 issue of Country Living in front of me (the very issue with the second feature of Cabin Creek Farm). (And remember .. this was 2003 .. a five-year old magazine .. that 'happened' to be in a teeeensy little antiques shoppe in town! (Angels Among Us!) There simply is no other explanation!

I'll post some pictures of how CCF looks today with the
white-washed upper cabin:

this is now our 'living room' with wonderful 'Johnston Benchworks' sofa and chair rather than a dining room. (hank doesn't like the JB furniture cuz' it isn't 'squishy' .. but this is where guests visit .. the lower cabin is our family room with a 'squishy' navy blue sofa (that's the Americana room) actually, when the stearns lived here and this photo was taken .. they told me that they, too, used this as their 'living room' because by the time they 'white-washed' it .. the lower cabin had been finished and the kitchen/dining room had been added. This is the room with the big fireplace .. can't see it in this photo though.

I'm grateful that you girls are not 'kerflumped' with me and all my 'ramblings'! I sure love to 'tell a story'! And i have discovered in this thing called life .. that 'truth is often more amazing than fiction'!

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Dec 01 2005 04:21:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  04:02:30 AM  Show Profile
Rachel .. Louisville airport is only 60 miles from my front door! Do come visit me. Just e-mail .. and we'll arrange a date .. and i'll take you to our dear town of Greensburg .. we have a great antiques shoppe there .. an incredible little gift shoppe that actually made the National Geographics list of TOP stores in Kentucky .. and a most precious 'tea room' (Lucy Tuckers).

Don't know of a lot of farms right IN Louisville .. do you live on a farm outside of Louisville .. or are you in the 'dreaming' stage right now as i was for so many years?

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  06:11:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh I would LOVE to visit you! That would be so exciting!!!

Right now, we live in a one-bedroom apartment in Louisville. But Tim is from Marion County, KY where the hills and valleys are beautiful. I'm from southern IN, also full of hills and valleys. We're moving either up by my parents in Hanover (who will be deeding us some land) or outside of Louisville so we can commute to work next year. We are both dying for room to breathe. He desperately needs a place where he can park his precious car and not worry about it being door-dinged like he does at our apartment. So after the wedding on Saturday, I start planning our move to the country. And then I start planning for our future children!

Frannie, I'll send you an email! I'm so excited!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  07:14:50 AM  Show Profile
got your e-mail miz rachel .. you will love marriage! when soul-mates meet .. it is forever! i do hope you decide to settle here in Kentucky!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  07:33:52 AM  Show Profile
Next chapter .. (and thanks so much to all of you who are e-mailing me about Cabin Creek Farm .. you are genuinely invited to come visit and stay a spell!)

thought i'd post some pictures that were in the October 1998 Country Living magazine showing the 'dog-trot' addition and the white-washed upper cabin. It reeeeeely 'opens it up and makes it look bigger' .. i adore BOTH the white-washed look and the unpainted logs in the lower cabin!

=======================

The photo on the right is one wall of the kitchen .. the door leads 'out back' .. we are now having a HUGE back porch attached to the entire length of the addition (which includes the kitchen)

=====================================

this is the 'front wall' of the kitchen. there are no 'cabinets' .. just these two shelves (which are tops from olde cabinets). The counter was from a Kentucy grain store. Other 'storage' in the kitchen is in a built-in 'pantry' and antique cupboards.

==================================

top left is the hallway of the addition .. leads from kitchen to 'lower cabin'.
second picture at the top is the open view from the bedroom .. shows the log wall of the lower cabin .. i love how they left the outside walls as 'inside' walls!
bottom left .. is a corner of the bathroom ..
next to this picture is the little 'back porch' off the upper cabin.
right side of the photo is a shabby chic white cupboard .. we don't own this one .. but i have several like it! and .. i collect that great ironstone too!

==============================

this is the 'whitewashed-walls' of the upper cabin (looking toward the back wall that leads to the back porch. fireplace is on the left wall ..
and on the right is the windy stairway that leades to the 'stranger room' (guest room) there is also a doorway on the right that leads into a white-wooden-walled, white-painted wooden floor (lean-to) room which is my 'studio' .. the 'guest bathroom' is in this lean-to also. Will take some pics of that to show ya'.

hope you've enjoyed the tour of our home.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  07:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Yup, I remember seeing that picture with the dogtrot addition too! I think that these pictures have been featured in other things (probably reprinted with permission) because I know I've seen the exterior pics before but I can't place from where. I THINK I may even have them in storage with all my log cabin stuff. Sooooo cool!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  08:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Rachel Leigh .. I have about 15 books and magazines that feature different articles and photos. (It's in several "slick" LOG CABIN books .. the coffe-table type). (I was told by Brad Simmons, who we bought the farm from .. who is also a professional photographer and did some of the 'shoots' of CCF for magazines/books .. that Cabin Creek Farm is 'the most photographed private home in Kentucky' .. don't know if that is true or if he was 'puffin' ... but he has no reason to 'fib' .. and he and his wife (who live in Perrysburg area) are two of our very best friends here in Kentucky since moving here. the original cabin on the property used to only have a small path that ran down the hill to the cabin. We were told by neighbors that there was an olde road that ran through the woods down behind the cabin to a few other very olde houses in the woods that are now long gone.

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Aug 18 2008 10:40:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  09:47:29 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful-thanks for sharing your story and photos. Such a beautiful place! :)
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile
Frannie -
Thanks for all your pictures and stories. I love them, and I'd love to meet you and visit your place some day! In a little while, I'm going to get out all my log cabin coffee table books which are always laying out in our bedroom and see if CCF is in them. I also have several Mary Emmerling books and love them, so I'll see if you're in those, too. I have her books: Cottages; American Country Details and a cook book, At Home in the Country, which I cook out of all the time. Thanks for sharing all this!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  10:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow, it just looks and sound so wonderful. I would love to come a visit for some tea one day. Your story telling is delicious, I could read it all day long. I always look forward to your ramblings. I just love your house must be a magical place to live.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  11:01:29 AM  Show Profile
I googled "Cabin Creek Farm" and got a website called Kentucky Farms for Sale - it says you're up for sale, but I guess it hasn't been updated since you bought it. More great pictures there, and pictures of nearby town, etc. What an interesting and beautiful place to find yourself!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:27:43 PM  Show Profile
kjd .. yes .. brad and cindy simmons (who bought cabin creek farm from the previous owners (and are you ready for this .. for UNDER $200,000 and turned around the next day and doubled it!) they told us they 'knew' some 'dumb 'nawtherners' would fall in love with it and pay the price! HA! they themselves are from new jersey .. and did the same thing .. and oh lordy! lordy! the land and home they own (near perrysville is wonderful!) we told them we didn't mind if they left it on their web-site .. it brings in business when people call about cabin creek! they are great friends and have the BEST partiies!

and for the life of me .. i can't find those 'towns' that are pictured anywhere near us!
actually, our towns are even cuter little country towns! especially greensburg and hodgenville.

and chile' .. you come on down and bring a friend or two with you and stay a few days .. lots of fun places to roam! (tomorrow, i'll let you know some of the other books/mags to look in!) the garden club girls will be here soon for a holiday pot luck party .. and i'm still clipping greenery and tucking it here and there!

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Aug 18 2008 10:44:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:28:50 PM  Show Profile
thanks ellen .. come for a visit!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  12:30:28 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the sweet words about my 'ramblings' melissa .. you sure are welcome to come visit .. just hop on a plane and head this way .. the tea kettle is on and i'll probably be burning some cookies in the oven!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  9:23:30 PM  Show Profile
What an adventurous story so full of "God winks" it gives you goose bumps. Ahhh, dreams do come true!! Thank you for sharing.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  05:46:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie
Your home is SO lovely! I want one just like it...
I loved reading all about how you got it - wow, somehow I'm gonna find my way to Kentucky and visit you there.

Debby
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  07:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Kim .. i do know that there were 'angels unawares' surrounding Cabin Creek and that they attached a 'life-line' to us to lead us here.

Debbie .. for the past two summers, we have had two wonderful friends visit our area from England .. they stayed with a dear friend of mine in upper Kentucky and ambled down this way for a few day visit.

So, honey-chile .. you just get on a plane and head for Louisville, KY and i'll be there with a big smile and plate of cookies waitin' for you. Promise to show you a grande time. AND .. i am completely and totally honest and true about this invitation! Now, Kentucky is not the first place most people from other countries think of to visit when coming to America .. but our English friends made a point of returning the very next year. We truly are a wonderful part of America!

ANd .. maybe we can then hop on another plane and head for Idaho to visit MaryJane and her wonderful farm and folk! (Make it summertime .. and we have a planned vacation!!!)

(oh .. p.s. OF COURSE i have a story to tell!!! About thirty years ago, when i had first met Honey Hunk, he was scheduled to travel to England on a Rugby tour with Princeton University .. this, by the way, if you are reading this MaryJane .. is where we first met Ronnie Landeck (who lives in Moscow) .. .hmmm.. me thinks me doth digress again! Well, anyhoo, I fell madly in Love with London. Our American Rugby Club played (i think it was called the London Metropolitan Police club). They 'whupped our butts' but oh what a grande party they had for us at their sports club. Have some fun stories to tell of that visit. Will save them for another day .. have to go change the feed in the bird-feeders right now .. cuz' i think i hear some far-off chirping!

Have a grande day girlfriends! xo, Frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  09:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, thanks for the invitation to your lovely home. One day perhaps I can meander on down.
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  4:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Ellen .. it would be grande .. i promise much fun!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  9:11:27 PM  Show Profile
Frannie- your property looks lovely and reminds me somewhat of a farm my grandparents had in Tennessee. Their log cabins were used for a smoke house and a drying "shed", I don't believe my grandmother would have considered them habitable! All the pictures you posted were from magazine articles photographed before you lived there, correct? So all these furnishings belong to previous owners or did you buy the house furnished as well?

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2005 :  2:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, I had those issue's of Country Living once and do remember seeing your place, but I had too many mags. ( my addiction) and had to get rid of them so I donated them to the library but I will have to hunt up a copy of each now so I can say I know the owner! I LOVE your place, how cool is that to own such a wonderful old homestead. I too believe in signs and it sure does sound like you were meant to live there. I've really enjoyed your tale of your cabin and I hope there is more to come! Thanks for sharing and if I'm ever in Ky. again, I'll HAVE to come see your place!!! I bet it's magical too for the holiday season!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Cabin Creek Farm - Kentucky Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page