Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Do 1 thing you love everyday ....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Do 1 thing you love everyday .... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  4:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I have read in so many places to achieve ultimate happiness, one needs to do just one thing you love to do everyday. I have been doing this for a few weeks now and its great. You get to choose anything you want. Some of mine have been as simple as laying in bed watching tv when i first wake up (Instead of waking up and getting up to do chores) to taking a walk, playing with the kittens...etc.

What have you done today that you love???

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  5:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Today I played with the dogs and puppy in bed before getting up to do chores. My favorite is getting a cup of coffee and getting back in bed to start my day off slow/
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  6:02:07 PM  Show Profile
I hug and read to my grandsons every single day, I have a recliner chair that is meant for 2, so we fit in it all together, plus a cat and/or dog,lol. I could not think of anything better,sigh.............

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

donna5457
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Donna
NY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Today I spent time in my garden getting it ready for winter. Pulled up all the old plants to dispose of since we had the blight here. I enjoy gardening and it calms me- even more so since I had garden helpers today- my two Golden Retrievers think hanging out with me there is great fun. They think it is such a treat when the garden gate opens and they are allowed inside. What a great idea to make sure to do something you love everyday since sometimes our days can be filled with have to do's and not want to do's. Thanks for the inspiration!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13569 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13569 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Read my Bible . . . see my hubby stumble out of the bedroom, finally . . .
Have my dog "worship" me!!!!

CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  10:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Claudia:
It is amazing when one listens to oneself how wonderful the world is. I love waking up and chatting with my cats, see my dog peering over the bed to see if I'm awake, and as Ceejay said, "Read my Bible". Good post.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  12:31:41 PM  Show Profile
I enjoyed a cup of my favorite hot tea and listened to the birds sing. We have had a wet cold week so seeing the sun was definitely a blessing.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  12:41:55 PM  Show Profile
It rained cats and dogs yesterday here ! I'm with you Tammy, I had a wonderful cup of tea and enjoyed the morning. And I started going through my Christmas books in preparation for the holidays...such a good morning!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

vtstevens
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Virginia
Woodinville WA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  01:05:58 AM  Show Profile
Up before everyone, I sipped French roast and ate chocolate while reading my Bible. Doesn't get much better....

getting ready.....
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  03:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I spend time each day reading a good book and sipping hot apple cider. A good ending to the wet and cold fall that we are having here in my part of Wisconsin.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile
I try to make sure I make time to knit, play a game with youngest son (he loves it so much and he will grow up so fast!) and read a little every day. Getting outside is up there on my list too. I could spend most of my day outside easily. I am a much nicer person if I get time to do the little things I love every day.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  3:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Getting that happy,joyful greeting from my dog every afternoon after work.

Who can resist those eyes and wagging tail??!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  07:55:51 AM  Show Profile
For me that is very easy. When I go out to the barn to feed in the evening I take the time to hug my horses. It is really special when they hug back. Yes, a horse can hug you. when you through your arms around his neck he takes his head and presses it into your back pushing you into his chest. It is awesome. Sometimes they even come and hug me. They walk up behind me lay their head over my shoulder and press their chin into my chest. If something keeps me from going out to feed and someone else has to go I miss them. If I can't go I huge my Great Dane an extra time or two.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  7:45:17 PM  Show Profile
DH and I went for a walk in the woods around our house with our 3 dogs. That is why we chose this place over 30 years ago, but so many days are so busy that we don't take the time to just relax and enjoy where we are. Along one fenceline we
saw white pines we planted about 25 years ago and they are huge.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  7:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Beth, I have a great Dane too!! What a big pansy he is!! Such a cuddle bug too!!

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:07:00 PM  Show Profile
I am a Dane girl here too!!! NOTHING In the world like a Dane!!! LOVE THEM! I am down to one right now, my big ole Harl WIllow, she is 12 1/2 & fading fast, can barely walk & losing some potty control. But she still eats like a horse, & makes sure she runs(yes RUNS) down the hill each AM & PM to feed the chickens. I love love LOVE Danes! Nothng like hugging a Dane & kissing their big corn on the cob snoot & kissing up on that super sweet spot behind their ears. PURE HEAVEN!
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  6:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
awww. i so know what you are talking about Lisa. I love it when my dane leans on me and just wants cuddled! People dont understand how you can cuddle with a dane, but its a dane thing;) lol

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  09:18:28 AM  Show Profile
We have about 8 inches of heavy fresh snow since last night, with 6 more coming today. Our neighbor plowed our long driveway with his little bobcat. I walked down to see if the township road we live along had been plowed yet. Its usually the last one in the county.And I was hoping our daughter could get out to join us today. It was driveable, Yeah! As I walked back I noticed big chunks of snow formed by the plowing and piled 3 up to make a makeshift snowman. It was so much fun that there are now 12 snow "sentinals" along our driveway! I came in laughing and rejuventated for the last minute stuff I have yet to do.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  5:52:01 PM  Show Profile
OK, I love knitting, but I don't take enough time to do it! I just got back from a massive Christmas indulgence (my first day and last day of Christmas shopping this year) and I am wondering why I don't take time to make my gifts all throughout the year?

I could easily make a pair of mittens a week on my knitting machine if I spent 1/2 an hour a day doing it - and not only that, but knitting relieves stress and makes me happy!

I think everyone in my family would be happy to receive a hand-made pair of mittens from me next year. If I made a plan, there are 52 weeks in a year, I could easily make 52 pairs of mittens!

Why have I never done that?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  7:54:20 PM  Show Profile
I think I've been doing this for some time, but I call it "me time", my favorite thing is to be up early, cup of coffee in hand and just sit and enjoy the beginning of the new day....wintertime, it's dark and quiet, summertime I love the breaking of dawn. Sometimes just working in the yard is "me time", sometimes sitting and watching the moon rise, or the sunset, it only takes a moment a day to do something you love!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  07:26:30 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful thread! I love this!! It's too early in the morning and I have to work, but I'll be sure to come back later in the day and post something I did that I love.

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  05:44:29 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful evening I had last night. I had finished putting the final cleaning up touches on our office/den/sewing room-it tends to get very messy, especially at holiday time, and my husband put our nature's sounds cd on.Well, I sat there and listened to a spring thunderstorm, complete with tree frogs and birds splashing in the water and thunder, got out the MJ sewing book and some spring green,yellow and white cotton thread and made myself one of her mothers hexagon dish clothes. It was good for my soul to escape to the spring time and to make the first item for the kitchen in our new summer camper cabin. Truly a blessing and I will try to do the same once a week.

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  05:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Years ago I was an avid runner...2 children and tons of responsibilities later and it just dropped off the radar. Yesterday I decided to start the Couch to 5K program. I loaded it to my mp3 player and went for a run. It felt great. Every muscle in my legs seemed to be burning and the cold air shocked my lungs, but I forgot how much I loved it.

I can't wait to do it again. Thanks for this post. It was just the incentive I needed.

Edited by - AsiyahK on Jan 14 2010 05:49:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:56:53 AM  Show Profile
I so agree with this "do 1 thing you love every day"! For some time, I didn't take the time to do that for ME, always too busy to take just a few moments for ME. Well I realize that I'm a much happier mama when I've taken a little time for myself.

Today I walked around outside in the snow, and spent some time preparing my garden tools and things in my garden shed for spring! We have sunshine here today, so it's wonderful to be out in it! Also ran and played with the dog, and after reading Susan's post above, might just go out and make a snowman! :-)

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:17:17 AM  Show Profile
Every morning I set aside a half hour, coffee cup in hand and log on to MJF! It helps me feel connected and warms my soul. You Sister's are all so wonderful. Thank you...

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Today I sat with with my dog, Luck Dog, and sang to him. He had two teeth pulled yesterday and was still remembering the experience. He loved the singing. About an hour after the singing, I was on the computer, and Luck Dog came by my side and howled. He has never done that. I know my sweet dog was asking me to sing to him again. I did.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Do 1 thing you love everyday .... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page