Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  05:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, your place is heaven.... a dream spot. I think if I were you, though, the grandbabies would have to come to ME so I could stay put. How can you ever leave? Playing in the gardens sounds like fun! And if you come to Delaware, holler "HEY!" down south to me! I'll be listening, and I'm due south.

Hugs to ya,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  3:36:01 PM  Show Profile
thanks miz ann .. it is a little spot of heaven on earth .. but so is being here with the angel-pies .. and since sofia is only three days olde, she's not quite ready for hittin' the road!

AND .. i LOVE ambling between kentucky and ohio .. discovering antiques shoppes! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  07:39:10 AM  Show Profile
Your grandbabies are already making memories of the funnest grannie ever, I'm quite sure. Have a wonderful time with Sofia. Where do you perch when in Delaware?

I know you're a very active, on-the-go lady, Frannie. That's why you have so many adventures to share.

Love,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  4:21:22 PM  Show Profile
hi ann .. our daughter and our 'grands' live near ocean city ... we don't get there very often .. they usually come to us ... but with school and babies ... even those trips are few and far between. i feel blessed that we were near them when they were 'growing up'. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  4:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, this sure is a good time to be going near Ocean City... now that the "season" is virtually over. Still, the roads in that area are always busy. We have good friends in Fenwick... which is where I went to the beach for years, as it was quieter than O.C. Stay out of the rip currents this weekend-- I hear they're bad right now.

Love,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  5:39:17 PM  Show Profile
hey gurlfren .. looks like i'll be travelling that way before tooo long. grand-daughter just called to say she is on the way to the hospital to have that GREAT GRANDE for me!!!

will write more when the angel baby is born! xoxo

we lived in annapolis for quite a few years on both the severn and the magothy rivers .. and ohhhhh yesssss .. i've been caught in BAY BRIDGE traffic lots! i'm not a 'water person' .. soooo .. i know i won't be near any 'rip-tides.

speaking of which ... a few years back, when our daughter was in college .. she went on a 'peace trees' planting mission in costa rica. spent a month there ... and one evening, a bunch of the young people went swimming (i am so thankful wednesday was not among them .. she is not 'water baby' either. there was a riptide and one of her new friends was drowned. (his wife had been with him (they both worked for the organization) and had just left the project to go back to the states. SO SAD.

mother nature will win every time! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  3:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
Hiya Frannie!
What a story! Well, I am about to move back to the old family "farm" in wee bit over a month in Puryear, TN(near the border of KY...Murray/Hazel). I am hoping to restore the old 1870's barn over the next year, and sow a medicinal herb/heirloom veggie acre. I am going to call it "Girl Friday Farm"! Anyhow...I love Louisville, and would love, love, love to see Cabin Creek...and connect with localish ladies!
Thanks!
Brooke
ps. I am starting "Farm Girl Fridays" chapter, so we should hook up over tea and goodies!

"it's a bloody mary morning"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile
howdy neighbor brooke .. your plans sound wonderful .. you must keep us up to date on all you are doing. would love to have you visit. a tad far to come for regular meetings ... but i often have 'gurlfren gatherings' here at cabin creek farm. keep watching for info on the next one. had to postpone the last one because my dad went back into the hospital (he's 92) and once again .. was given days to live. HOSPICE gave him 'ays to weeks' A YEAR AGO! soooo .. each time, the family believes it is imminent! he is getting weaker so i honestly don't believe he will see another christmas. AND we've had two babies born last week .. a GRAND DAUGHTER and a GREAT GRAND SON! soooooo .. i'm keeping pretty busy right now! autumn is such a lovely time of the year .. but don't want to make plans for another gathering until after my dad goes off to heaven.

my husband and i will be going to africa the month of january ... i am so excited .. but never like to be away from the family that far away and for so long. but TRAVEL is a big part of our retirement.

keep in tuoch gurlfen and let me know when you FGF's first meet! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
dear frannie,
i am terribly sorry to hear about your father...and congrats on the births of your grand/great-grandchildren! life is just one big ol' circle...
yes, nothing beats the fall in tn...(or ky!)
do keep me posted on your "gurlfren gatherin's" and i will keep you posted on the fgf's!
Warmest Regards,
brooke

"it's a bloody mary morning"
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  04:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, WOW -- Africa! My hubby's youngest daughter and her husband live in South Africa, and just had their first baby in July. She was ticked that Angelina beat her to it (ha). We are hoping they are coming to France for a visit soon. Where in Africa are you jetting off to? Nance (temporarily) in France
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  09:32:16 AM  Show Profile
thanks brooke for the thoughts about my dad and congrats on our new chilluns.
nance .. this is weird i know ... but i actually don't know where we are touring in africa .. hank is making all the plans .. i justs know i have to get SHOTS! we are going with a FABULOUS organzation called "Travel Learn". We toured Greece with them a couple years ago and it was an incredible trip. they TEACH you so much about the countries they go to .. and you meet 'the people' and dignitaries ... AND .. you stay in very nice, clean, safe places for the night and all meals were incredible! hank went to africa soon after we first met .. but he was on one of his 'macho man' trips ... where you might get eating by a lion .. sooooooo .. needless to say ... i didn't go on that one!!! we are going to follow up with a trip to amsterdam. he also saw the home where anne frank and her family lived during the holocaust .. and wanted for me to see it too.

will you get to see your new baby soon? boy or girl? what did they name the baby ... oh do tell all .. i love 'baby details'. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  08:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Wow Frannie! I loved hearing your stories about Cabin Creek. I look forward to hearing more as well as seeing more of your wonderful photos. I am so happy for you and your dream coming true. What an adventure. Isn't life fun?
My family is about to set out on our dream. We will close on our property on Wednesday. So excited!

lilpunkin
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  1:50:47 PM  Show Profile
hey little miz pumpkin-pie ... thanks for your sweet words. we do so very much love our cabin creek farm. i hav a fun list of friends that i call my "kentucky ramblings' that i send stories and photos to from time to time via e-mail .. if you'd like to be on that list .. just e-mail me your name and e-mail address. when i get home from toledo next week, i'll be happy to add you!

oh and i definitely want to hear more of your dream property. tell us more! tel lus more! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

joan1e
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Joan
Belpre Ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  1:41:03 PM  Show Profile

Hello Frannie!

I was searching on line for a woman who sells neat prim stuff on ebay under the sellers name of cabincreekfarm when I ran onto your page...I saw the CL magazine cover with the story of how you came to purchase Cabin Creek Farm and I wondered if this was the same Frannie from my Shaker village rug hooking camp.

I don't know if you remember me but I am the one who found the magazine at the antique shop in Harrodsburg! It was fate that after talking with you about the later issue, and there it was!...the very first magazine I picked up. Too wild!
Louverna, Ruthie, Beverly, and I have often wondered if you got your dream house and was so very pleased to see that indeed, you did!
I know you and your honey hunk will never want to leave that little piece of paradise!

I am looking forward to reading more of your charming stories.

Warmest regards from your friend and fellow rughooker,
Joan
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  10:15:45 PM  Show Profile
why yes darlin' joan .. t'is MOI!!! My friend who does e-bay named her place in Virginia Cabin Creek Farm too .. she asked me if i minded .. told her i'd be honored! She's a sweetie and makes neat stuff!

AND OH MY GOSH!!! I HAVE TOLD THE STORY OF HOW YOU FOUND THE SECOND ISSUE OF COUNTRY LIVING IN A TEEEEEEEEEENSY LITTLE TOWN IN KENTUCKY ..AND GIFTED IT TO ME .. I TRULY SAW THAT AS "SIGN NUMBER THREE" THAT WE WERE DESTINED TO OWN CABIN CREEK FARM FOR AWHILE!

We truly love Kentucky, Cabin Creek Farm and living our life here! Many 'improvements' have been made since we moved here. We've had two WONDERFUL porches added (where there weren't even STEPS .. when you stepped out the lower cabin and kitchen doors! e-mail me .. and i'll send you some pics! We had the front porch on the lower cabin made bigger. a roof put on the barn .. AND .. right now .. we are having the barn FINISHED inside!! We've had a ceiling put in the lower cabin .. when we moved in .. it was just insulation! OH .. and we had a most wonderful out door SHOWER DECK built with hot and cold running water! And a very large fenced in area (and a smaller one too) built for our DAWGS. This wonderful home now has a little history that we have added to it for future generations.

Joan .. it is so very nice to hear from you .. give my love to 'the girls'. Did you all get to camp at Shaker Town this year? OHIO is just up the road from me .. next spring .. you kids plan a 'road trip' to visit me! We have three little beds in our 'stranger room' .. and would love to have you spend some time with us!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

joan1e
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Joan
Belpre Ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  10:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello Frannie!

Your improvements to CCF sound awesome! I know I often dream of living in a log home some day, but have to make do with collecting small ones with which I decorate my home.LOL

I would love for you to send pix of the farm and I know the girls would be thrilled to do a road trip...especially to see YOU and your cabin/s.

I haven't made it to Pleasant Hill the past couple years. I ended up going to the Cedar Lakes rug camp over in Ripley, West Virginia. While it doesn't have the charm and history that we enjoyed in KY, it is a wonderful camp with really good teachers and it is only 45 minutes from Belpre, Ohio where I live. There's something to be said for an easy drive!

Depending on when my family reunion falls this summer, I may be going back to KY. I would love that! It is the only place I have ever been that I found so peaceful and relaxing that I did not want to leave.

I have enjoyed reading the first couple pages of your messages and look forward to reading more.

Have a wonderful Christmas and keep posting!
Hugs,
Joan
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  10:57:40 AM  Show Profile
joanie .. e-mail me so i have your e-mail address .. i can then send you some newer pics of cabin creek farm!

oh and i do look forward to a visit from you kids this summer! (are you near toledo? .. we roam up that way about once every six weeks to visit the 'grands'!) xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

joan1e
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Joan
Belpre Ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
You can tell I am unfamiliar with how to write on a forum...except for eBay I have never been on one. Ha!
Gotta learn, eh?
A whole week off work right at Christmas...almost never happens. I have lots of shopping to do for my 3 granddaughters...looking forward to a relaxing holiday.

I live right on the Ohio River across from Parkersburg, WV. It is about 2 hours southeast of Columbus, Oh. and 13 miles south of Marietta, Oh.
I can't wait to see your new pictures of CCF!

Hugs,
Joan

Edited by - joan1e on Dec 21 2006 1:37:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:41:59 AM  Show Profile
got your e-mail address in my book .. most of the gurlz highly recommend we don't post 'personal' info like e-mail addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, last names, etc. i guess these forums are open to zillions of people (not all honorable) .. sooo .. perhaps you should delete it now. (there is a little icon with a TRASH basket at the top of YOUR e-mails .. just click on that in the thread where you have your e-mail address (the one above this message).

to e-mail someone from the forum .. go the the same line with the icons .. there is a little envelope .. click on that .. and you will be able to post an e-mail to the person via the forum. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  3:04:30 PM  Show Profile
hey miz joan .. i haven't forgotten those pics .. this computer has been out of alignment with the satellite for several days .. busy making 'angel pin kits' .. but will get back on tonight! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  3:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Lord, I love your place. It is really beautiful. You are an amazing storyteller.

Laura

"3 barrels, 2 hearts, 1 passion"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  9:20:17 PM  Show Profile
well thank you .. you sweetie pie you!!!! xoxo

come visit this spring!! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  9:39:01 PM  Show Profile
hey Miz Frannie will you be doing a gal get together around September of this coming year?
I'm still trying to talk my hubby into spoiling me for a trip to Kentucky. I'm gonna plant a bug in his ear and make sure the bug buzzes pretty steadily. :0)
I would so much love to meet you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  8:16:57 PM  Show Profile
miz tina .. i surely do plan a gathering .. i am soooooo sorry the last one did not happen. will shoot for SPRINGTIME!!!! will post lotsa' info. we'll probably rent the cabins down at the river in town since i can only sleep about 2 and a half people here! we'll definitely come here for some fun though! i'll start conjuring this up when we get back home sweet home!

xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  8:21:03 PM  Show Profile
thankee kindly miz lisa .. and oh my yessss .. you are not so far away! i have friends in nicholasville!! i'm planning a 'gathering' come springtime .. but you are so close .. come on down anytime! (but wait t'il we get back .. i wouldn't wanna' miss meeting you! e-mail me and i'll put you on my 'kentucky ramblings' list .. jus' my 'stories and pictures' of my adventures down here .. and oh my .. you reeeeeeeeeeeeeely MUST subscribe to Mercantile Gatherings Magazine. I write a little sumpthin' for it each issue! next issue (winter) due january or february is all about some of my 'collector' friends and what we collect and why! i'll send you all the info when you e-mail me.

AND OH MY GOODNESS .. DO COME TO BARDSTOWN FOR OUR FUN "ANGEL PIN TEA PARTY" - i tried to post a pic of them .. but can't find the 'copy/paste' button! i'll send you pics via e-mail.

i'm so looking forward to meeting you! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Cabin Creek Farm - Kentucky Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page