Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 more people losing there jobs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic more people losing there jobs Next Topic
Page: of 2

Meadowflower
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Harrisburg Pa
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  5:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Well, I gasped out loud when I found out my favorite store, JJill, was closing. I was really surprised. I went to their site and found nothing about this, then I found this on WikiAnswers: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_J_Jill_stores_closing

"As a manager at a J. Jill store, I can assure you that the company is not closing. Although a couple of fraudulent e-mails have been circulating stating that the company is closing all stores, it is not true. In what is already a tough economic time for the country and for retail stores in general, it is really sad that someone would post this kind of rumor. Please check out the J. Jill website and the Talbot's Inc. website to get the facts about changes in our companies. "

*~Lisa~*

My farmish blog: http://meadowflowerfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  03:59:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm a hairdresser and the economy hasn't been kind to anyone in my field. I'd say over half my clients have lost their jobs and the other half are on edge waiting to see what's going to become of their jobs. A lot of my clients have had to move out of state where work is, leaving me to have to rebuild my clientele. Problem is is that people are scared to spend money on anything that's not necessary. I completely understand where they are coming from but this is my livelihood and I have a family to raise and bills to pay. Finding a second job to supplement my income hasn't been easy either since no one in my area is hiring (only laying off or going out of business). Anyone else going through anything like this?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic more people losing there jobs Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page