Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  09:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I feel so blessed and warm and fuzzy when I come here. It's good for my soul!

Megan-I did get your package. Thank you SO much! I was eating gummi worms last night while stitching. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  3:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...what is Indian Pudding??? Is that just another name for Bread Pudding?
Thanks for sharing! I knew I spelled Parfait wrong!! LOL Couldn't think of the
right way for the life of me.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  4:55:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know Pam! I thought you would like the frame for pics of you and hubby and your doggies!
Today was so gooood! I got to sleep in, and I don't have any homework! Perfect night for reading and crocheting!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  7:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I just got back from my mom's in Oregon. My shop is all packed up in her little garage. I'm pretty bummed. I just haven't been able to write anything. Her house was worse than I thought. It is really dirty and she has smelly cat boxes. My other sister just moved out and her bedroom was really bad. There was smeared cat poop on the carpet and the rest of the room was just a mess. The basement that I was hoping to put a sewing room in.. is to say the least.. a mess. I went back to the hotel room with my son and cried. I think he finally understood why I was so upset about moving in with my mom. He has never lived in a place that bad so just didn't understand. I'm part numb and part in panic mode trying to figure out what else I can do. I don't have any other options right now.. but I do have about a month to come up with something. Sorry to dump on everyone.. I just feel so lost.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  11:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny...I am so sorry! That sounds horrible. Maybe you will be able to use some good old elbow-grease and make it livable for yourself! I have always said...that I could live in a Tent if I had to because I could still make it a home. I wouldn't want to have to do that...but I know God has given me a lot of Creativity for a reason. And I have seen your creativity first hand...so, I know you can dance circles around me girlfriend! Maybe you can get your son to lend some muscle and help you make it more presentable and livable by shampooing the carpets and slapping up some fresh paint. Those are pretty cheap fixes. And I don't know how old your mom is but you may need to clean her cat boxes for her and then sit down and have a little heart to heart talk. I know this seems like an impossible hurdle but personally... YOU KNOW The God of Impossibilities...and He deals with bigger issues than this everyday! BUT He does not think this is a little thing, OH NO...He is fully aware of how much this affects your heart and happiness and He cares about that and loves you . If you can look at the situation from your Mom's perspective too...she is willingly allowing you to come home and have a roof over your head. It may not be much but it beats living out of your car or on the street until you can find a job, get your feet under you and get your own place. So, if you can be thankful for that no matter how shabby the roof...it may help it not seem quite so awful. We can all endure "hardships" for a little while. And maybe your mom needs your help right now as much as you need a roof over your head. You never know what "good" can come out of a seemingly difficult situation. I continue to pray for you and know God wants HIS best for your life. That should give you HOPE! Don't lose heart...I think you are one Tough Cookie with a lot of spunk...and a little cat poop on the carpet will not hold you back from making the best out of this situation. You Are "WOMAN"...LET'S HEAR YOU ROAR!
BIG BIG HUGS from my heart to yours AND MANY PRAYERS going up on your behalf!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 03 2010 11:54:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-I am so sorry. You can vent to us any time! Big hugs and prayers coming your way.

Today is my 4th wedding anniversary. My husband bought me pink footie pj's. He knows me too well!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - hugs and prayers to you.... Peggy has such wise words so I say "Ditto" to her post.
Luanne - thanks so much for the Indian Pudding and ice cream - YUMMY!
Peggy, it is a cornmeal and molasses pudding - slow baked and delicious. (Very New Englandy.) One of my child-hood favorites.
Pam - Happy Anniversary!!! I'm sorry to hear that you've been down. Is there room in the dumps for two?... I may be joining you.

My husband came home last night and told me that he is being let go at the end of the year. The church he works for has been hit hard by the recession and he was the dispensable one. We're very thankful that they were able to give him this much notice. We know so many other who have not been as fortunate.
I need your prayers that I will be patient and trusting. I know the God of the universe and I need to trust in His timing and not run ahead. Thank you in advance.
I'll be popping in and out over the next week. I'm prepping for a craft show on the 13th and really, really need to get as much stuff made and ready as possible. So, if you notice the glider creaking and the teapot getting empty, please know that I'm checking in, getting refreshed and getting back to work. Love to you all....

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 04 2010 08:16:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - I sure hope things get better for you. Here's a big HUG for you (HUG)!!

Peggy - traditional Indian Pudding is made with cornmeal and molasses and is an old New England dish. Here's the recipe I like best if you are interested. I have also made it using maple syrup, and that is good too.

Indian Pudding:
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pint vanilla ice cream

Heat the oven to 350°. In a medium heavy stainless-steel saucepan, bring the milk, cream, molasses, and brown sugar almost to a simmer over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the milk mixture, whisking. Bring just to a simmer, whisking. Pour into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. The batter will be thin and shallow.

Bake the pudding in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir well. Return the pudding to the oven and continue cooking for 20 minutes. The pudding will still be quite wobbly but will set as it cools. Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes and serve warm. Or cool completely and reheat the pudding in a 350° oven for about 5 minutes just before serving. Serve the pudding topped with the ice cream.

Enjoy!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:21:17 AM  Show Profile
Staci - so sorry to hear about your hubby's job - seems like so many are still getting laid off even though we are told the economy is getting better. Trust that the right thing will come along for him (and soon)! Good luck with your craft show. What are you making to sell?

Pam - I e-mailed you. You are my swap partner for the Christmas Pin Swap. I'm looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your anniversary!

Hugs to everyone!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Staci-I am so sorry. You are in my prayers. Please let me know if you need anything. Extra hugs for you.

Awesome Luanne!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:35:12 AM  Show Profile
Luanne and Pam - thank you. The support and virtual hugs here are so tremendous and very appreciated.

Luanne, I sell mostly scones/fudge { both blue-ribbon winners ... toot-toot, can you hear my horn? ; o ) } I also make a bit of jewelry, some Christmas ornaments and matted nature photos taken by my DH. I also cull my herd of vintage tins and kitchen ware.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  09:35:17 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I know I will make it a better place when I get to my mom's house. It was just hard to walk in and see the place. Mom's house is suppose to be a safe haven. I've always made my house that way for my kids. It was always clean, colorful and smelled like the forest or what ever I was cooking in the oven for them for a treat. To walk in my mom's house and smell cat boxes and see filth was hard. I do know I'm lucky to have a place to go. But after a 13 hour drive, I just wish it would have been a little more welcoming.

Staci, I'm so sorry your husband is losing his job. It seems like this happens too much. I hope he finds something soon.
Angela, It sounds like you have had your fill of troubles too. I hope things get better soon.
I hope everyone has a good rest of the week.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  1:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...Oh, I have never ever heard of that kind of Indian Pudding...sounds yummy! I will save the Recipe in My Farmgirl Recipe Folder and try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Staci...so, sorry about your hubbies job. But God will provide!
If you can look at it as just another Opportunity to Trust God once again! He gives us lots of those...but it is amazing how well He has it under control.

Pam...how are you doing sweet girl? And Happy Anniversary! Pink Footie Pajamas to match your Pink Bike! How adorable! Did you get Mark Footie Jammies too? LOL in all truthfulness I didn't even know you could buy those in adult sizes. Do they have the drop-bottom too?
Cute!

Bunny...you still sound down and discouraged. I wasn't trying to Preach at you Sweetie...just help you re-focus on the positive rather than the negative of your situation. We can either count our blessings or count our problems...and one is a lot more uplifting of a task. But like Pam said...you vent away any time you need to because we all need to be able to do that once in awhile. That and a good Cry washes away a lot of the junk that builds up in our hearts, souls and minds. Hang in there girlfriend!

I spent all morning making Christmas Gift Tags and then wrapping 6 different Farmgirl Pkgs for mailing. My neck is killing me and I am
pooped. So, I am off to take a nap before I have to go teach Bible Study. Love You All and Care about the things that are going on with each of you.

Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  1:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, dear, in a space of time which will seem as if it has flown, all will be different. I know that it is difficult especially since you wanted so badly for her to welcome you into a safe place. Just try to take it all one day, one hour at a time. I know that it is painful and very difficult just keep tossing that ball of misery up to the Lord.

Staci, I will keep you in prayer. He is good and He is faithful as you know. As far as the economy improving, it is improving for large business which are making sure that their cushions in their bank accounts are nice and fat but not hiring yet. It is the smaller business and individuals which are still caught in the mess.

Indian Pudding is most certainly an old bit of East coast fare taught to the settlers by the tribes. Good stuff.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  4:21:58 PM  Show Profile
bunny dear
task like this seems overwhelming
i;ve been down that road ...and cried
but lots of cleaning, hard work and imagination
go a long way and soon you will have a home your proud of
and teach your son valuable lessons about persistence and
what overcoming obstacles.hugs and prayers
you can get thru this farmgirls are a hearty bunch>>>

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  4:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, to help with the cat smelly boxes, we changed from plastic ones to using a roasting pan, botton and lid. The stink is not absorbed by the metal and when the box is clean, it is really clean. I can't tolerate the cat smell at all and this totally worked! Good Luck!!

Love Each Other
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  5:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I hope to look back a year from now and say that I'm on my way to something better. And 5 years from now.. all this won't matter at all. I do know that for sure. Just feel like I'm climbing out of a really big dark whole right now. I read about everyone else's troubles and I feel their pain too. I would be a terrible goddess.. I would probably remove all the troubles from life and everyone would get bored. lol
Peggy, I know you are just trying to help. I feel like I have spent the last 3 years "keeping my chin up" thinking positive and all that.. I just haven't seen anything really positive come around yet. It does get discouraging at times. I do have good things to count on. I do have some money saved, I do have a place to go with my kitties, I have a wonderful son that is willing to help me. I'm creative and resourceful and I will get through. I guess I'm just trying not to hide away when I feel bad. If I get it out.. it will go away eventually.
I did do some house cleaning today and went to a friends for lunch. I'm so afraid I will sit in this empty house and not function at all. I tend to shut down. It is a struggle right now.
Thank you all for your kind words.. I hate that some of you are going through your own trials. I do feel like God is teaching us all the time.. it's just trying to figure out the lesson.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  8:56:36 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I am so sorry about that your arrival at your mother's wasn't what you wanted/needed. I pray that things will improve soon. How long will it be before you are there for good? I'm here anytime you need to talk. If you need to talk other than on here, please e-mail me. I wish I could fix everything that is wrong but I can't, but I sure can listen. Just talking helps a lot!

Staci, I am so sorry about your husband's job. I pray that something even better will replace it. I will keep you in my prayers.

Peggy, I hope to get your b'day present in the mail next week. I just keep thinking I will have some time to do it and it just seems like a carrot dangling in front of my face! Thanks for understanding my busyness right now.

Please pray for my husband. We go for more tests tomorrow to try to determine exactly what may have happened last week and if there is anything else they can do for him.

I don't remember who posted the recipe for the Indian Pudding but I have never even heard of it until now but I printed it and am going to try it. I love anything with molasses in it. My dad used to make molasses and we ate molasses everything growing up. Thanks for the recipe.

Well, I guess I'd better get in the bed! We have to drive for two hours to the hospital tomorrow and I am the designated driver in this family!!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  09:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Ann thanks for the tip on the kitty boxes. I'm actually going to purchase an electric one. I use to have one and depending on the cat sand used it does a good job. I also am going to try a product I found in the hardware store. It is a can of stuff you open up and sit in the room and it absorbs bad smells. I'm going to test it before I get up there for good. If it works, I'll buy one for her kitties too. I have to keep mine in the house for about 2 weeks before they can go outside.
I'll be up there for good just after Thanksgiving. I'm having it here in the house with my kids and their dad and then the next week I'll pack everything up to go. I know I can make my spaces up there pretty. I have so many quilts and pictures for the walls. The basement will be the biggest challenge. The ceiling is really low and I get claustrophobic. It will take some work to get past that.
I'm still waiting to hear on the job I applied for.. still hoping that will come through. It is only part time to start but hoping it will work into something else later. The company is busy with quilt market in Houston right now.. the biggest show of the year. So I hope to hear something when they get back.
Later for now.. thanks for listening. Or reading I should say. I know things will get better and you won't see me complaining hopefully after a while.
Everyone stay well and hope good things come your way.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  08:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Bunny you can do what you call complaining all you want. You need to be able to let the junk out and no better place than here. Hugs Cherime

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  09:46:48 AM  Show Profile
Hello Sisters! I have been absent for the past few days, but I think I'm caught up on the gossip and hapennings!
Bunny, I'll be praying for you! I hope you get that job!
Pam, happy belated anniversary!
Last night I went to my high school's musical: Seussical the Musical! It was such a fun thing to see, and I really want to do something for the next play: Clue. And hopefully I'll be able to do a spring sport as well. It was such a colorful play, and I loved the music! If any of you have never seen it, see it!
My surgery date has been set! Thursday December 2nd was the first opening. A little disheartening that I have to keep on going with a bum knee for the next few weeks, but better late than never. I just hope that I don't have to sacrifice sports in the spring! Well, four day weekend, so I'll be here!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  10:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Megan, so glad you have a surgery date soon. Hopefull the worst of the miseries will be over by Christmas.
I've not heard of that musical, but it sure sounds like fun. "Seussical the Musical" hmmm I'll watch for it.
I had a BIG surprise this morning. I posted it under "Over the Fence." My new guinea pig presented me with 3 babies this morning. Ms.Piggles is a Mama...am I a Grandma? hahaaha They are soooo cute(golfballs with big ears)All are doing well.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  11:31:52 AM  Show Profile
Judy, it is such good fun to see it!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  4:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...still having computer problems at home. Hope to have it solved tonight with a new wireless router. Holding my breath and crossing my fingers and toes. ~ This morning our Sr.'s complex along with the Apartment Complex had a small Craft Bizarre. I didn't put anything in it this year but I went over and spent about $30.00 helping the cause. This is our first one ever and if it goes over fairly well then we will make it an annual event. I Craft all year long and give away a lot of my stuff...so I will do a little for next years Event and try it out. I have found in the past that most people go to Bizarres to get ideas...and then they come home and make it themselves. But I figure that anything that doesn't sell...I can put on the Sunshinefarmgirlscoop to sell. The thing I like about this one they had today is they had a lot of little things that didn't cost much that kids could purchase for their parents or siblings for Christmas. And there are a lot of young children in the Apartment Complex. ~ We had 4 days this week of really good weather. All in the 70's. Crazy Good for November even for our mild Fall's and Winters.
But today the rain has come back. All good things must come to an end I am afraid. ~

Well...if I get my computer up...I will be back on later to chat a little more.

blessing,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  06:39:02 AM  Show Profile
Good Sunday Morning to all. Just stopped by to say "HELLO" to all. Am still catching up with everything. Working alot of overtime on the new job, (not complaining), so am falling behind on house work and chores and keeping up on the computer.

I try to at least read as many posts as possible.

I emailed by Christmas pin pal, however, have not heard back from her. If you are reading this please send me your snail mail so I can make sure I get your brooch out to you!!!! In plenty of time for you to wear it for Christmas.

God bless, prayers to all that are in need. have a great Sunday. Gotta get some house work done or hoarders (tv show) is going to be knocking at my door. ;-)

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page