Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  07:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hey Luanne! I didn't get your email. I'm emailing you right now.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies - first off - thank you all so much for the prayers, hugs and encouragement - they mean the world to me. I'll keep you informed of any developments. I just popped in to email my pin swap partner and see how everyone is doing. I'm crafting and prepping for my show (in between working my "real" job). I brought some cinnamon raisin bagels and strong columbian coffee to kick my butt into gear - there's plenty if anyone else needs a jolt.
Judy, if you could post a picture of your furry, big-eared gold balls, I'm sure it would bring a smile to our faces. Congrats Grammy.
Megan, I'm adding your surgery date to my calendar and praying that your time 'til then is restful. I've heard of the musical and love Dr. Seuss -I'm sure it was great.
Well back to it....

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 08 2010 05:53:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  06:11:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies,
I have been away for about a month and a half and have really missed you! Thank you to the sweet ladies who sent me e-mail messages. I am not going to attempt to catch up on a 6 weeks of postings, but I am trying to figurre out what is going on in people's lives since I was last here. I have had many of you in my thoughts and prayers while I was away.

Life has been more full then ever recently. All of it is good stuff, but there are only 24 hours in a day (unless you count the days the clocks change in spring and fall!). I led a ladies retreat over the weekend so I am home relaxing and nursing my voice back to health today. I lead an outreach to Guatemala each fall and the first team goes this weekend. Between coordinating the retreat, the Guatemala outreach, kids, grandkids, work, LIFE in general, I have been very busy. Busyness in life can be a distraction from living life.

The Guatemala outreach is so exciting! I go the final week of the ministry that we go to support, a Christian camp for pele with disabilities from all over Guatemala. My teams are responsible for the care of people who are institutionalized so they can come to the camp. Many of the teens and children we care for are orphans in addition to their physical and / or intellectual disabilities. The camp attendees are adults the week I am there and many of the people I will be carrying for also have no families. For most of them this camp is the only opportunity they have all year to leave the walls of their institution. I hope to be able to spend some time in institution's malnutrition ward so I can cuddle and hold the babies. My first year in Guatemala a baby boy died while I was in the malnutrition unit. I can still see his poor little body. That is life changing.

If any of you are ever interested in going to Guatemala let me know. I have some great connections for you! One of the amazing missionaries we work with is a retired schoolteacher and grandmother from Nebraska. Her blog (Guatemala Grandma) is authentic, inspiring , humbling and funny all at the same time.

Carpe diem!

Lida

P.S. It is good to be back on the porch. I will bring some cinnamon swirl bread later.

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  08:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Quick question: my DD is interested in an e-reader for Christmas. I know several of you have them and am wondering what everyone thinks of them and what recommendations you could make. If you want to email me that's fine. Not sure I can swing one this year but I am trusting that God is working on our situation with my husband's job and doing homework on things is never a bad idea. Oh, she thinks one that she can also watch movies on would be "totally awesome".
I know virtually nothing about them so any info is helpful. thanks!- staci

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 08 2010 08:17:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  09:41:15 AM  Show Profile
Here they are girls!
Enjoy!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  09:46:15 AM  Show Profile

Here's Mom too! 8 weeks old, my eye, she was a runt is all. She was old enough to breed. I'm not complaining. I love all my fur-babies. Now, which one to keep...hmmmm. Depends which one is another female. None of that funny stuff....AGAIN! LOL

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  11:14:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, they're sooooo sweet - thanks for sharing Judy!

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 08 2010 11:14:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Cute!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  7:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Staci,
I have the nook from barnes and noble and love it. It has books, email, internet, games and they just came out with a nook that will have color pictures. My nook goes everywehre I do...never know when you have free minute to read. They have free Fridays with a free book to download but they have a wide variety of free books. That is my input. HOpe it helps.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  8:59:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...I am still having computer problems. Don't know when I will get it fixed...so, I will just hop on when ever I get an opportunity.

Judy...what cute babies you have there! How adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Pam...thank you for the charming vintage pillow! I got it today and it is lovely!! Looks beautiful next to my lovely Lady. Sending you out a little pkg tomorrow.

Staci...hope you have gotten some good info on the E-Readers. I bet each person loves the one they own. LOL But like Tammy said...mine goes everywhere with me. I love the convenience of that!

Megan...How is school going? Are you still nervous about your operation? I think you will be one happy girl when it is all over with.

Darlene...I noticed that you haven't been on lately. How are you feeling? Has the pain gotten any better? I miss you on here girl.

Bunny...How are you doing? I feel like I discouraged you when I was trying to uplift you and help you find your inner strength. Please accept my apology if I did. Was never my intention to.

Lida...I saw that you were back on The Porch. Glad to have you back too. I know sometimes we all need a little break to get our lives into perspective. Just know that you have been thought of often.

Well, it has been another day spent mostly down because of the weather but I am still weary tonight. I think I will leave a bowl full of Hugs and Prayers on the Porch and you all just help yourself if you need one. There is no limit to how many you can have~so take as many as you need!

Blessings and love,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 09 2010 9:02:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls. The "piggies" are growing fast....and eating well.
Today DH and I cleaned up the backyard and garden and put things away for winter. We raked all the leaves and put them on the garden. We took advantage of the 60 degree weather that was gorgeous. We even took the cat out on his leash to play in the leaves. He loves it but now won't shut up, looking out the windows and looking at us mournfully. Silly cat. LOL
Hugs porchies!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  7:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Judy, the 'piggies' are adorable!
Peggy, school is going well. I just had parent-teacher conferences, and as usual, they had nothing but good to say except for just keep up the good work!
Staci, I do not personally own an ebook, but I know my uncle has a Sony Ereader, and he loves it. I would personally want the Nook because I like Barnes and Noble, but I really can't give you more insight than that because I don't own one!
School has been going well. I just got done with a four day weekend, so I'm getting back into the groove! I will have to start preparing for my "leave of absence" from school, since I'll be out for about a week or so.:-(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  9:04:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. I'm hanging in there.. Peggy you did not discourage me at all. Please don't feel that. I know you are a loving sweet person and I didn't feel discouraged at all. I have been trying to keep my self moving around and doing things I need to do. Some days are easier than others. My propane ran out 2 days ago so no hot showers. My son will be up on Friday to fill a small tank I'll be using until I move. I didn't want to pay the propane company 700.00 to put propane in and then fight to get my money back. For some reason my stove still works so I heated up a big pot of water and had a bucket shower.. felt so good. The little pleasures in life.
I joined eharmony and match.com.. what an experience. I have met 3 guys online that seem nice. It is kind of scary but I figure if I wait until everything in my life is perfect.. I'll be alone for ever.
My son and X are going to rent a storage unit in the SFO bay area and we are going to divide up the cost. I'll put most of my things there. I can always get everything shipped to Oregon at a later date. Who knows, I may end up back here. It helped easy my stress. I knew I couldn't fit everything I owned at my moms. Now I'll just concentrate on how to make it colorful and livable until I can get out on my own. My oldest is thinking about being a Snap-on Dealer. I think he would be great at it. It would give him a good life. So say a prayer for him that it is the right path. Sometimes we can't hear what God wants us to do. Heaven know's I've been there a time or two.
Judy, the babies are so cute. I didn't know you could post pictures here. How did you do it?
I finally got myself to do a little sewing today. I have a purse I have to finish for someone...they already paid so I better get to it..
Hope everyone is healthy and doing well.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  10:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Friends...
Have been busy cleaning, decorating, sorting and eliminating. My husband has just returned from a 10 day hunting trip to New Hampshire so had to make the best of it. No interruptions and no one but me and the dog to hang out with. Very peaceful and I could work and rest as needed. I only went out of the house to go to church. Didn't even get the mail! He'll get it tomorrow...with a wagon! LOL!

Staci...Scary about your husbands job. Been there myself but it will work out and God will provide something Better!

Megan...Dec. will be here before you know it and you'll be running like a gazelle!

Bunny...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger! You are a talented lady. I went on your blog and you make beautiful things sister! You need to find a way to market them!

Judy...Cute babies but sneaky mommy! LOL!

Pam...Happy belated Ann. How's the job search going?

Lida...You are so busy! Can you even breath?! Whew!

Peg...Hope your feeling better. You're pincushion and pin will be on it's way tomorrow.

Cherime...still need your address so we can celebrate with you on 12/28.

New porchies email me your BD and addresses so we can include you in our blessings if you want to.

Prayers to you all and Gods Blessings.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:14:56 AM  Show Profile

Hi Ladies...I just wanted to test out the picture button. That is way cool! So much easier than
having to use Photo Bucket. Yahoo! Well, I am still fighting with my computer...I think I must have
gotten a deeply embedded worm or virus. If so...I will have to wait until after the Holidays to
replace it or get it wiped clean...which ever route I choose to take. My computer is about 6 yrs old and
they say that anything after 3 yrs is a dinosaur. So, I will have to weigh the cost in the long run.

Today was a good day for me. Finally able to get out of bed and do a few things. Tomorrow the rain is due
back in but I am going to try very hard to make it to my Bible Study tomorrow night. I hate to miss teaching
even if I go looking like something the dog drug-in and having to be on pain meds. This is going to be a very
long winter for me as we are suppose to get a lot of rain with La Ninja.

Bunny...I am so glad that I didn't discourage you. My whole goal in life is to lift people up...not bring them
down. LIFE can bring us down enough without our friends doing that to us.

Judy...do you have homes for your babies? To bad you don't live close to Teacher Tammy...those little piggies would
make her Butterflies (children) in her classroom deliriously happy! They are just so adorable and look so soft.

Darlene...good to see you on here tonight my sister. Thanks for the emails...you always send such good ones!

Megan...how is your Christmas Scarf coming along? You will have lots of time at home that week to work on Christmas
projects won't you?

Well it is after midnight and I still want to read a bit before I call it a night.

Sweet Dreams My Beloved Porchies,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 11 2010 12:17:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  07:12:50 AM  Show Profile
One of my first pets was a piggy and Dad would put her inside his long sleeved work shirt and she would climb around all over his upper body bulging out here and there and squeeking. Made my sister and I laugh every time.
You will find me at PO Box 874323, Wasilla AK 99687
How do you get the picture thing to work? Do you need to use Explorer? I use Firefox.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  07:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...Picture sharing just got easy on here, thanks to MaryJane's new program. Thank you again MaryJane!! I couldn't do it before. You just go to the bottom and click on "Reply to Topic." Or, I just notice that in the "Quick Reply" box there's a button that, when you rest your cursor on it says, "Upload Photo." Either way it takes you to "browse" and you pic a photo out and that's it. You won't actually see the photo until you "Submit Reply" or you can "Preview Reply" to see it. It's so easy now! Have fun!
Peggy...what a beautiful picture. I love it. Is that part of your yard or the view from? Gorgeous! I've had a couple of people ask me about the piggies, but not seriously. I may just take them to the pet shop where I foung her. We deal regularly with them. Besides, it gives me a chance to harrass Joe, the owner about the 8 week old "prego-pig" he sold me. hahaha Hey, I got my money's worth. I've been entertained by 4 "Squeaker's" instead of 1,squeaking in harmony, music to my ears. hahaha
Well, dunno what I'll get into yet. The temp is 50 already at 10:15. Going to be in the 60's again. Watch...we'll probably have a snowstorm next week. hahaha I believe this is our Indian Summer. Thank You Lord. I'm lovin' it!
Make it a GREAT day gals!
Happy Veterans day to any Veterans out there! And Thank You for keeping us safe over the years! My DH is one too! :)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  09:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I just had to try the picture thing.. here is my helpful sewing cat, Alex. Not much going on today.. getting a haircut. Trying not to look like a grungy mountain momma.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...adorable picture of your Sewing Cat. Doesn't look like he has very good work ethics though. A little Lazy on the Job! lol

Judy...oh I so wish that picture was from my yard. No, I just picked a photo that I had downloaded one time and used that just
to see how easy the new MJF Photo Button was. Easy Peasy!

Well everyone...have fun today. I feel pretty good so plan to go enjoy our lovely weather. No rain yet! Yahoo!
Hopefully I will be able to check back later after my Bible Study tonight!

Bless you All,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello again everyone. Life has been very crazy the last few weeks. Husband has been in the dr. office more than he has been out of it, it seems. We are waiting on the results of some tests last week to see if they think he may have had a mini-stroke, seizure, just an unexplained drop in blood pressure or what. Thanks for the prayers! I probably wouldn't have time to get on here today but I am home with a stomach bug. Yuck!

Peggy, I got your sweet letter this week. Thanks for the encouragement.

Judy, those are so cute!

Bunny, glad some things are working out to ease your mind these days. You truly are very talented.

Darlene, Sounds like you got a lot accomplished! You go girl!

Well, I will try to get on here a little later today. Have a good one!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  7:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I'm getting excited for the holidays fast approaching! EEEE! I just love this time of year. Ahh, the holidays. Well, today was good, and I'm really excited for a project we're doing next week for Cultures/History class. Instead of having a test on the Dark Ages, we're going to make a newspaper on the dark ages! It's a project that's right up my alley!
Well, I might just have to try the picture upload button!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  8:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Ok the babies are 5 days old now and they eat everything mom does. I love watching them. Tiny copycats & adorable. Uh-oh, I'd better watch out, I won't want to give ANY away!! LOL

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  10:22:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been MIA again. I got so sick over the halloween time and it has taken a while to recoup, plus life just gets in the way of my porch time every so often. Trying to catch up on all the posts. Just wanted to check in and say a quick hello and hope everyone is doing well.

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Things are still kind of crappy around here. My hot water quit. I have been taking bucket baths. Some people interested in the house came by to see it again. Very nice people. I guess if I have to lose it I'll feel a little better that they are nice people that will enjoy it. Yesterday was such a bad day. I tried to write to the porch but somehow a finger hit a delete button. Probably just as well. But at least I got it out of my system. I'm taking some medication to keep me calm and help with my rls. I feel so loopy most of the time. I can't wait for this to be over so I can go back to being a normal person again. I did meet a few nice guys on match.com. It is so hard to keep communication going on. I don't want to sound like my life is falling apart but don't want them to think I'm all that either.
Anyway, doing some sewing to keep my spirits up.
Sorry so many of you have bugs... get well soon!! At least you can get over all of the sickness before the holidays.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  8:42:35 PM  Show Profile
So im such an idiot...theresa i sent you an e-mail with my address for the pin swap. I don't know why i didn't see your e-mails to me. Only thing i can think is husband deleted them because he didn't know what it was. Anyways, im really excited about the pin swap...hope you like it. Please send me another win your address and ill make sure to get it ( told the hubby not to delete anything)! :-)

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page