Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  06:01:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! I've missed you. School is finally over here, finals, reports and papers completed, my DS graduated, the party has (just about) been cleaned up and the computer is available again. Whoo-hoo!
I believe I'm the ornament maker for July and the tea lady for August(?) and I'm ready to jump back in. Please forgive my absence and know that I've thought about you all and lifted prayers for you, knowing that God already knew your needs. (I'm still going to go back and see what y'all have been up to.)

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  06:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Glad to see you back Staci! Sounds like you've been busy.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  08:06:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Just back from PT and feeling GOOOOOOOD!

Judy, yes the storm was pretty bad here. I'm still trying to get my garden in so it can just stop storming anytime now. It sounded like it was going to blow my house down and spent a lot of time picking up sticks and the such the next day. I am fascinated with storms. Love watching thunder and lightening. DH and I would love to do a storm chase sometime. I know, a little weird!!

Bunny, sorry to hear about your "fiber" issue. Just brush it aside and keep on smiling. It will do two things for you... 1) make you feel good and 2) make everyone else wonder what the heck are they missing. SWEET!!!

Peggy, Prayers and healing vibes are being sent daily your DH's way. Hope he feels better real soon. I can't agree with you more. The older I get the harder it is to bounce back. VIBES YOUR WAY!!!!!!~~~~~

Farm Dream, WOOHOO to DH. every little bit helps!! It's the little things that make it so great, isn't it.

Melanie, Great news for your Honey and you and glad to hear the sleeping arrangement are going to work out well. Heck, who knows they may find that they really like the arrangement!!! Stranger things have happened ;-)

Staci, Welcome back!!!

Gotta run. Have sewing to do!

Catch ya on the flip.

Hugs, Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  08:46:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies. To all those getting rain, you can send it over to me. We're not getting anything. This makes the deer come around and eat my garden. Today they got all my corn, half my melons, all the herbs except oregano and basil, my last sunflower, all my new tomato seedlings. I still have 2 beds under shade cloth and they can't to those...yet.

I started my second level of the knitting badge. It's only a washcloth, but as slow as I am it will probably take me 20 hours to finish it. I watched some youtube knitting videos and I think I can improve some.

Peggy- I hope your husband is feeling better soon. I work in a hospital and it's really tough to get over pneumonia when you're not a spring chicken.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Julie...he sure doesn't seem to be improving, other than the coughing has quieted down a lot
with the perscription cough syrup. Julie...I would send you all our rain if I could!

Staci...welcome home to The Porch. Sounds like life has been pleasantly hectic for you. Now, hope
you can hang out more since you have the computer to yourself a little more.

Theresa...I am with you girl on the whole rain thing. I am pretty darn sick of it. We get 2 days of nice
weather (not great but not rain) and then the rain comes back with a vengence. But we aren't having terrible storms like you guys are...so, I shouldn't complain.

Well...house work is calling my name...I will be back to check in later!

Hugs and Well wishes for a Great Day,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:22:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi porchies! I'm back for the summer! Finals went pretty well, just waiting for my report card in the mail, so hopefully any day now! I had a good first weekend of summer. I worked at my church festival, and I saw some people from my grade school that I haven't seen since graduation. Then yesterday I had the introduction to my online summer school class. I spent some time with my best friend from grade school, and we're going to hang out again today. We're actually hoping to get a job at Wisconsin State Fair for one of the local businesses. Busy busy busy! I hope everyone's doing well!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hello Porchies!

Hi Staci! I can't say much. I've been MIA for awhile too. Also just getting back. YAY!!

You got it Julie! I'd be happy to send my rain your way! Hallie and I finally got around to starting some late summer/fall blooming flowers yesterday. We've completely missed spring flowers and our garden. Just so much rain. I didn't see any sense in planting. With all the gully washers we've had it would be a total loss. Maybe next year I will have more room to start my plants indoors.

Still praying for you and hubby, Peggy.

Hey Megan! Sounds like you are having a good time so far on summer vacation!

Well I have ump-teen phone calls to make and a little housework to do. Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  1:41:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, I know I didn't go back far enough but there has been so much going on for everyone.
Prayer and praises for you Peggy, for your DH and your new DGD! Life is such a mix of blessings and tears at times. Praying that your DH will heal quickly and that you remain healthy.

We've had soooo much rain our garden is only partially in. Still need to get corn in the ground and a few "pretties". If I don't get all the seeds in that I want, can anyone tell me the best way to store them til next year? I hate to waste the seeds and the money.

Theresa - good to see you and hear that your surgery was successful. I hope your recovery continues.

Melanie, the year is going very quickly and your wedding will be here before we know it. Prayers that your plans and reno projects all go smoothly.

Dana, snow?!?! I love this forum and that we get a sense of just how big this great country is. It's like a geography lesson many days reading about each others weather and such.

Megan, as usual, I could use some of your energy. It sounds like you're already enjoying your summer. You go, girl!

Pam, the stitched lady is stunning (just like the artist!) I need to check out the craftster video, my DD loves making things for her mommmy and daddy.

Bunny, just thinking back to some of your earliest posts, it is obvious that you have grown leaps and bounds in confidence and courage. Thank you for sharing yourself and your journey with us. (BTW - I loved your post about Lida/ornament and that she wouldn't fit on our trees. LOL!)

Darlene and Luanne, my fellow PA farmgirls. We fared a little better than you guys through the recent storms (at least in our close area, I know there was a bit of damage closer to Harrisburg and several thousand without power for more than 2 days). I hope you're getting things back to rights and I admire you for heading to work even without power, Luanne.

As usual, gone for weeks and then write a novel. Well, hopefully now that school's out and I can get the computer more, I can go back to short stories.
Blessings, staci FG# 973

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jun 07 2011 1:43:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  7:15:52 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
Peggy prayers for your DH and just kidding about your blog...lol i'm worst at it
Elaine thank you for the tea and recipe i will be baking on the weekend and will try it..
its finally hot here and its humid but i won't complain as the snowy winter and rainy spring are a thing of the past
for now..its not been a good day i lost my job to REORGANIZATION ..my boss told me in the parking lot ???
then tonight my back tooth chipped what next? they say things come in threes??? i am holding my breath..not sure
what to expect next.. but on the bright side I'll have the summer off redo my resume' and work on my garden and my tan..
really clean the house and purge donate & recycle...trim the fat so to speak and even thought i've cut corners not sure whats left to cut out..
life goes on and its not the end of the world
one door closes and another opens... i'm the glass half full type of person ..so to celebrate a freedom of sorts
i bake a chocolate cake and ate it ...LOL when my xboss said we feel bad about this I said REALLY !!! your not the one who no longer has a job! and then i said good bye and walk away.. the parking lot really after six years... sorry just venting.
but tomorrow is a bright new day to stsrt fresh right after the dentist..
prayers and blessings
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  9:24:48 PM  Show Profile
Melanie and Staci, summer is fabulous so far! My Mom and I got our pool open, and my friend and I went swimming today. We also went on a 13 mile bike ride, which was to say the least interesting! I'm going to sleep very well tonight. She's helping me get back in shape for rugby in fall, so we've been running every other day. I think I'm going to have a pretty good summer!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  12:31:48 AM  Show Profile
Deborah...so sorry about your job...and such a tacky way to let you go. In The Parking Lot no less. I am happy
for you that you are an optimistic person and can see the brighter side of the situation...like having the summer
off to tan and clean-out the cob-webs so to speak. Good grief...nobody has a sense of loyalty to their employees
anymore. It is just terrible! Well, "BE CALM AND CARRY ON" as the British say! What else can you do besides have
a good cry about it?

Megan...sounds like your summer is going to be full of friends and fun. Glad your friend is willing to coach you
along into getting back into condition for rugby. That is a good friend indeed.

My DH is still so weak and worn to a frazzle. I think he goes back to the Dr. at the end of the week. I haven't
felt too great the last two days but I think it is just my Fibro reacting to another barometric change.

Off to try my newest tea and read before I call it a night. I am just dying to get my arms around my lil' Naomi
but my husbands health has to come first at the moment.

Night My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 08 2011 12:58:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi All~ Whew it is a hot one here toda and tomorrow it is supposed to be worse. here in Nj it's not so much the heat - but the humidity is awful! I subbed the last two ays - so I was happy to sleep until 7 today! I've been cleaning - house and garden - taking a break right now.
Deb~ How awful for you - after all that time to be let go in the parking lot/ -Really?! You have such a positive outlook though - summer is a good time to get things together! I think I will follow you rlead and start to get my resume together also.
Could everyone say a small prayer for my neighbor? Her husband of ten years took her to dinner for their anniversary and told her that he is leaving her. They have a 6 six yearold and a four year old. This came out of nowhere for her and she is badly shaken. Please say a prayer for strength and comfort for her.

That's all for now - my laundry is calling to me!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  12:05:28 PM  Show Profile
So much going on in on our porch!
Staci glad to have you back! Thanks for the kind comments. Things are still difficult but I feel I have some kind of foundation now.. just need the building to start producing.

Megan, you have so much energy. I wish I had half of it. Good for you on the bike ride.

Debora, so sorry about your job. What a chump! But then there is never a good way to say you don't have a job anymore. At least it was at the end of the day. I had a friend that got laid off last week and her boss told her in the morning and then wanted her to work the rest of the day... not likely. You start finding all kinds of fun things to do... and then find a job.

Peggy, your Grandbabies won't go anywhere. Good for you for taking such good care of hubby. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Elaine, saying a prayer for your friend. I hope she can get a good lawyer. Taking her out to dinner to tell her... tacky at best. Gee let's do this in a public place. Men!

Anyway, I have been sewing like crazy the last few weeks. Here is 3 days worth of work. I'm (hopefully) teaching these in a quilting class in the next town over.

And one of the quality control department making an inspection...

Off to finish another project for tomorrows class.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  1:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Elaine...I will pray for your neighbor. That is even tackier than getting fired in the parking lot. Taking your wife
out to dinner on your Anniversary no less...to tell her it is over. What in the heck is wrong with people???? At least
he wants a divorce rather than murdering her. Up here we have several cases where the husbands are on trial for murdering
their wives. And a mother who just strangled to death her 11 year old beautiful daughter. It is all just so unthinkable!

Bunny...love your projects and I see you have a helper...is he pressing them for you???

I just walked over to the store to pick up a few things and take a stress break. I told you all how easy my hubby is when he
is sick...which is true... he is not demanding in the normal ways. But it's those not so normal things that are beginning to drive me NUTS! Like last night he wanted to watch tv in the bedroom, but he couldn't find the two remotes. So, because he is sick guess who gets
stuck searching for them for a half an hour. You guessed it. Me! They were back under the bed and he can't imagine how they got
there. Then while I was napping yesterday he went to the store, took him 2 1/2 hours shuffling along weak and worn out as he
is...he almost fell four times...hanging on to the cart no less. When I woke up, he was gone and did he leave me a note to tell
me where he went? NO! Did he take his cell phone? NO! I am worried that he is going to get in a car wreck because he can't drive on
the meds he is on. He thinks he can but he does scary things,trust me. So, after worrying about where he had gone and was he going to be
safe...he comes home and can't understand why I might be a little bit irritated at him. MEN! See Bunny...I am not really the good wife putting the grand babies on hold because grandpa is sick and needs me...no, I am putting them on hold because I am afraid Grandpa is going to kill himself or someone else.lol I put the few groceries away that he got and he went back to bed. But later on he wants to give the dogs some treats he bought them at the Store, but I assure him there were no dog treats in the groceries I put away. So, now he is all upset that the grocery store ripped him off. So, I throw on my coat over my PJ's and go out in the dark to see if he left a bag in the trunk. Sure enough he did. While I am out doing that...he wants to throw some trash in to the trash can under his desk...but he can't reach it because it's pushed back so the dogs won't get into it. So, when I get back in and take off my coat...I get down on my hands and knees and dig it out for him. This morning when I got up...there is trash from one end of his room out into the hall way and down in to the kitchen. Obviously...he couldn't push the can back with his foot last night...so the two dogs had a party in the garbage while he slept soundly in dreamland this morning.

All these little dramas are beginning to take their toll on me.And I really do think that if we could put a man on the Moon...
why not send them all there?!*?&*

Tired In Washington,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 08 2011 1:43:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  1:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, so sorry. You do sound tired. I hope he gets better soon. But better to have him sick than not here at all, right? He will get better and you'll forget all about the work. Sounds like you need to hide the car keys and maybe his shoes and take a nap with him! LOL

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  6:42:44 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
elaine prayers for your friend and i thought i had a bad day wow
that beats the parking lot i guess..what a smuck he must he>> maybe hes my boss? LOL
anyway i had a wonderful day poolside with a great book and a pitcher of white sangria
a friend stopped by with a fresh caught bluefish and we grilled it up yummy great with the sangria and lettuce from my garden..
it really hot here today 100 and humid so no housework for me...lol
tomorrow more of the same heat wise... and poolside..prayers for all my sister farmgirls ..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello Sisters. Seems like its been a month since I've been able to come in and chat, although I know it hasn't been that long. So much is going on. The weather as been insanely hot, yesterday was a record high of 97 and today was 98. Looking forward to a cool down for the weekend. Got the garden in and this past weekend got the tomato cages and mum supports. Had to trim my thyme, chives, and oregano already. I'm starting to get back some energy although the cough is still hanging on pretty tightly - I know it shall pass eventually. The pups and I had our first herding lesson last weekend. Pups had a blast :O) Here's my Lacey girl.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  05:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Morning porch sisters,
Deborah - so sorry about the job. What a jerk! But you sound like you're bouncing back - lounging by the pool with the sangria.
Elaine - prayers for your friend and her children. Another jerk.
Peggy - please don't wear yourself down! Take Bunny's advice and grab naps/rest when you can or when your hubby's up for the trip, you might not be...
Bunny - I love your work. Cheerful and bright.
Tammy - your Lacey girl is beautiful. She looks so intense and focused in that shot.

Well, 98 yesterday and again today with high humidity. We finally got the fence around the garden and hope to get the rest of the veggies in before the week is over. We'll see. It's awfully hard to come home from work and head out into the soupy air and battle biting flies and mosquitos. Yuck. We did have the joy of listening to our neighbor children playing last night while we worked. Laughing, giggling, climbing on their daddy's pile of hay bales, yelling "run for your lives!". They are Mennonite and usually speak a variety of PA Dutch/German with a strong accent so it was fun hearing them and understanding what they were saying. Of course they like to watch their English neighbors digging in the dirt. Due to lack of time and a lot of forgotten knowledge, our garden looks pitiful next to theirs. But so it goes.
We're also waiting on some news from an insurance adjustor. My DH and DS were involved in a small accident Sunday and as minor as it was, it looks like our car will be totalled. Big sigh. It is just an inconvenience really. No one was hurt and we all feel really bad for the young man that hit them. He just got back from a tour in Afghanistan and is only on leave for 28 days. He bought his insurance Friday, picked up his car Saturday and hit them on Sunday. Poor kid. His car got off fairly easy but ours is damaged the whole way around. He hit one side and they spun around and the other side slammed into a dead tree off the side of the road, even damaging the hood. So, while it was an older car, it was reliable and we owned it outright, we're not really in the position to take on a car payment and are praying/hoping that we'll get enough out of it to at least cover another older/reliable car. As I said, an inconvenience really. So thankful that nobody was injured.

Now, I guess I should get to work. Sausage biscuits and coffee on the side table for any takers.
Blessings, staci FG# 973

Edited by - staci860 on Jun 09 2011 05:06:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  05:17:35 AM  Show Profile
I am so happy to have found this thread and to meet everyone.
We have a Wildland Fire about 10 miles from the house so I can not sit long as I am getting ready to head to the fire house to help pack over 100 sack lunches for our firemen. The wind of course is not helping but we are to have rain tomorrow so I hope the forecast is right. But,the smoke is pretty bad. They have evacuated 280 families and animals, I have all my things in the garage ready to load just in case, my animals will go first:-)
Hopefully I can come back and sit will all of you this afternoon and rest awhile.
I hope all you farmgirls here have a better day today and know all of you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
Save a rocker for me.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  8:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Hope you are safe and well Debbie.

Peg-your line about putting all men on the moon was great!

Deborah-sounds like an awesome day.

Our day here has been awful. We have a stomach bug and hopefully we have all caught it and are getting rid of it. DD's school called yesterday and said there had been an outbreak of it at the school. So we know where we got it and what it is. We spent the day in bed watching movies and DD whining because she's over it and bored. Hopefully tomorrow will look better.

Sweet dreams everyone!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  12:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Debbie... we are happy that you found this thread too! We always have room for one more Farmgirl on The Porch.
This is just the greatest place to hang out. So come often and stay late.

Staci...you got some seriously hot weather going there farmgirl. Whoa...if you get tired of it send it to Washington
State for awhile will you? :+) ~ Isn't it pure joy to listen to kids laugh and play? Even if they aren't even your own...
there is just something infectious about hearing kids laugh and enjoy themselves. I love it too! ~ Sorry to hear about
the car accident but PTL that no one was injured. Sometimes it is best if your Insurance Co. does just total the car out...
other times no so much. A real catch twenty-two!

Julie...I can't take credit for the line about sendin man to the moon...I read it in a greeting card and laughed so hard
in the store I almost wet my pants. I bought the card...just because I loved it! :+) There are days when they should
all be sent there. LOL

RFM Tammy...Lacey looks like she did well with the training! My Shi Tsu thinks she is a herd dog...she always pushes the back of
your calves if she wants you to hurry up. It is so funny!

Well, I went to my craft and gab session tonight. It is always so fun to get together with other women and just laugh your head off
for awhile. This is my Bible Study Group...some of us no longer have school age kids and we still want to get together through the summer so we can still fellowship. So, we started a Summer Craft Group about five years ago. It is so much fun. Some times we get very little
crafting done but a lot of laughing, giggling and zaniness goes on. It is CHEAP THERAPY believe me!

I left some Sweet Tea on The Porch with some White Chocolate & Cranberry Scones. Enjoy girls!

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 10 2011 12:48:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  1:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies,
It has been a while since I have made it to the porch. I have just been enjoying some much needed down time after school got out with my little butterflies. Now I am already thinking of my classroom and things I can work on over summer.
It was 98 early in the week and today we are 60. We have had such strange weather. ONed doesn't know how to dress. hehehe

I am the tea hostess for the month of June. I am looking at a safe way to send my tea. Don't want any post offices asking you to come down and id your mail. HOpefully sometime next week I will get it out.

I have been working my herb garden and also have lettuce, strawberries and bell peppers which all seem to be doing fairly well. I love working in the dirt. Something I never thought I would say.

Debbie welcome to the porch. Lovely group of ladies.

Tammy~love your sweet Lacy.

Peggy~hope hubby is feeling better. I bet you are excited to go see that new grandbaby.

Well I have bible study lesson to work on. My summer group is doing Beth Moore's Breaking Free. I will be hearing her speak in two weeks. My sweet mama and I are making a girls weekend out of i. Can hardly wait.

Well my teakettle is whistling its sweet song.

Love and hugs to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  1:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!
Another sweltering day here. They had to close some schools early because of the heat. I was lucky - today I was in the science lab and it is air conditioned. Hopefully we will get some rain and break the humidity.

FarmDream~ Sounds horrible - hope you all feel better soon!

Peggy~ Your Summer Craft Group sounds like so much fun - I'll bet it is therapy!

Debbie~ Welcome to the porch. You keep yourself safe!

Staci~ That is a shame about the car. I am so glad that everyone is OK though.

RFM Tammi~ Your Lacey girl looks so cute - give her an extra pat for me.

My poor neighbor is beside herself. She and her husband had to tell the kids that daddy was "taking a break". her four year old son said,"Does this mean I don't have a daddy anymore?" The poor gilr was hysterical for her kid's sake. Honestly I don't know how anyone could walk out on their kids. And he is giving her the "It's me" crap. I just am there for her to vent to. I figure that's the best I can do at this point. My heart is just so heavy for them.

On a good note we have a local flea market tomorrow . I am so looking forward to some bargain hunting! Ladies - enjoy your Friday night! I left some mint ice cream on the porch.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  1:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh! And Bunny~ your quality control person looks a lot like one I have here!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  08:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Sat. Morning everyone.

Got my garden in finally, but the storms have been terrible still. I'm thinking at this rate I may very well have time to plant rice. It may be the only things that will grow this year. We shall see. Here I am complaining about too much water then they could really use some out west right now.

Farmdreams. I know what you mean about the deer "not to mention the rabbits". They can be a real problem. Good luck to you on that one. Hope you and yours are feeling better soon. The flu can be a real drag.

Pegsmiles. We are still having bad storms. Bearly made it home yesterday from PT when we had another bad one! At least I got the car in before hail fell. As I said above. Maybe this was the year for rice hahahaha. Ya know, come August we will be out watering and saying "boy I wish it would rain". Isn't that the way it always goes. More prayers coming your way for your DH. I'm with ya sister, to the moon. How did that one country song go? "ya can't live with em and ya just can't shoot em".

Elaine, There is just no words to describe what I'm thinking about a guy doing something like that. Prayers to your neighbor. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but as Deborah said, one door closes and another opens. Something much much much much BETTER will come her way.

Bunny, LOVE your quilt squares and your inspector is just sooooo cute.

Deborah, Sorry to hear about your job. You are so right. Something even better will come your way. Meantime, ENJOY!!!!!! and try not to worry.
New job vibes coming your way for a job (and pay) bigger, better, more enjoyable and fun then this one!

Megan, Glad finals went well and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the grades when they come. Sounds like you have a fun summer coming your way!! Good luck on the "fair job". You go girl.

Tammy, Lacey is beautiful and looks like a real pro with the herding.

Debbie, Prayers to everyone in the fire zones. My best friend and brother both live in AZ and I have been keeping a close eye on it. I hope the fire fighters have some help from above soon.

Well ladies, sewing is not getting done, letters are not getting written and my Sat chores are just sitting there waiting on me, so off I go. Ya all have a wonderful day.

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page