Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  10:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...so glad that Elijah's surgery went well! Will keep all of you in my prayers.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  09:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear the surgery went well. Praying for a quick recovery - I can't imagine peeing needles is any better than razors. Poor little guy!!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  10:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I was really happy that everything went well. It is really good for him that he is so young that he will not remember this, however, both gramma's and mother will each time he pees and he cries. I will keep you in my prayers to ease your discomfort during this trying time over the next week.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  11:00:01 AM  Show Profile
Peg, glad to hear that your little one has come thru the surgery ok. Poor little thing. Prayers going up for all of you.
Prayers for me too this morning, please!
I tried to get out of bed and had a horrible lower back spasm and it took me a half hour to exercise it and be able to get my feet on the floor. I had to walk crooked and gingerly to the bathroom. I took some herbs and ibuprofen and am waiting for it all to kick in. Why am I always alone when this happens? The enemy surely is fighting us in these last days. I've had a weak, spastic back since the early 80's.
If this is my test in life, I sure hope I pass. It doesn't have to be with flying colors, I just want to pass! Thank You Lord for the test! I am Your weak and humble student ... *owwww* ...Your whining, weak, humble student! gotta go girls

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  2:08:50 PM  Show Profile
ey My Porchies...

WE HAVE A CELEBRITY AMONG US! Yes, we do...I was at Barnes and Noble and picked up a copy of Belle Armoire and low and behold
there was a little picture Advertising That our Ms. Bunny is going to be in the Feb. 1st Issue of Altered Couture. NOW HOW COOL
IS THAT???? CONGRATULATIONS BUNNY!!!!

Judy...praying for your back. Not fun!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 16 2014 2:10:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  5:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Woo-Hoo! Congrats Bunny! Gonna have to look for that magazine next month.
Thanks for the sympathy Peg. It still hurts bad.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  6:57:50 PM  Show Profile
hey sweet ladies,
It is blowing 60 mile per hour winds here this evening so I just blew in...lol

Peggy glad the little ones' surgery went well.

Judy hope your back is getting better.

Miss Bunny...way to go girl....gotta find that magazine

My son had an MRI yesterday. I had no idea that took so long to do. And would yall believe they did some kind of drill..not a fire drill but something that put the hospital on lockdown. Sheesh! We are still awaiting test results and hoping maybe early next week to hear something.

Meanwhile they did not think I had enough butterflies in my room. I gained two more students this week to bring my total to 24. The butterfly net is full. I am hoping they will give me an aid for the mornings. But we shall see. With being out of class a couple days this week, I am behind on grading, lesson plans, but well that islife. Tomorrow is always a new day.

well I just wanted to check in and see how we all were. Especially since I have been away for few days.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1504 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  04:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy! Poor little Elijah. I have an intact son myself. Thank the Lord they had the extra skin. Oh I would have been terrified!!

Tammy, prayers for your son. Hope they find something.

PG Tammy- I need to try canning some beans!! That sounds like an awesome time saver, since I buy bulk dry beans! ;)

Well, it's cold here in So. Indiana.... We are faring, however! Made some yummy potato soup. My daughter is IN LOVE! lol! It's cookbook adding worthy.

Speaking of cookbook, my thoughts have been on my cookbook for a few days now. From tweaking, to new ideas, to better pictures. I have decided to build a table! Ours is a hand-me-down we have had for almost 12 years. I posted the table I want to build on my blog: http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/comfort-food-yummy/

Anyone ever build anything from Ana White? That's where I found it. My DH is working 6 days a week right now and it will mostly be on my own.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Edited by - DandeeRose on Jan 18 2014 04:58:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  07:21:47 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! Have a bunch of running around to do today but no definite plan of action yet. We have a Christmas party to go to tonight for M*'s company. There are so few places to have large gatherings here in town so most companies wait until January to have their Christmas parties. It's a little odd but just the way they do it here. It's an ugly sweater theme but I don't have any ugly sweaters so I'm not sure what I'll wear.

Bean update: We had tacos and used a can of the refried bean mix pinto beans I canned Thursday night. The man is absolutely in love with them! He says I hit the spice mix perfectly too. These will definitely go quickly lol I'm thinking maybe some bean and cheese burritos might be a quick lunch with them this weekend.

Alicia: I'd never canned beans before and kept putting it off and I'm sorry I did. It's a great time saver. I have some navy beans and ham in the freezer from Christmas that I plan on making ham & bean soup with to can next. The potato soup sounds delish. I haven't made any in forever so that may need to be added to the menu for a meal this weekend. Maybe with some dumplings (yum).

BFTammy: Sounds like we're getting the same weather. They were predicting blizzard conditions Thursday due to the high winds. When I got up I could hear the winds outside and dreaded to see what I'd find when I let the dogs out. I opened the door to discover we hadn't gotten any snow and it was just high winds LOL. I was secretly hoping for a day off work :O)

Bunny: Congrats girl!

PeggyAnn: How's your grandson feeling?

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  11:02:25 AM  Show Profile
Alicia, I really like potato soup, but mine is pretty basic. Just made a pot full a couple of weeks ago. It just has onions, celery, half&half or condensed milk, butter, salt and pepper and a little garlic. Potato soup hits the spot on C-O-L-D days doesn't it? I think the next pot I make will have some grated carrots and smokey cumin along with grated, smokey gouda in it...and might even leave the peelings on the taters for a more rustic soup. A pan of "light and tasty" biscuits sounds good too. Alicia, your bread looked good. Yum! I looked at ?your blog. Very nice table. I like your color choice.
PGTammy, so glad you didn't get the full-monty on your weather Thursday. Wind is bad enough to my way of thinking.
TLTammy, still Praying for your son, that God will give the doctors insight on the problem and they will suddenly find something that they didn't see before, so that they can correct it. He is still in control! That boy is so young and I want him to live his life to the fullest.
Amen?? Amen!!
Peg, sure hope that baby is doing much better today.
My back? It comes and goes. I'm pretty sure this bitter weather isn't helping the matter AT ALL! Today it's partly sunny/22. By Tuesday it's suppose to be a high of 8. THAT'S the HIGH! Accckkk! That's Mama's Dr appointment from the last cancellation, when it was 0-10 degrees. May cancel again.
TTFN Porch-Buds...Stay WARM!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  11:07:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...
Just a quick note to say that my grandson is doing good. Just a little fussy the first full day home and
you would expect that.

Got my kitchen and dining room packed up yesterday and now we are living in the living room with tables
And boxes everywhere and my bedroom has some kitchen stuff in there and dining room chairs too. I am a no clutter...NEAT FREAK...
so this is really going to drive me to the EDGE and quickly!

Well...I think I might have killed my Laptop this morning girls. For three days I kept getting notifications that I needed
To download updated drivers for Windows Seven. Every time I logged on this annoying message came up....so finally this morning I did it. Then I re-started my computer (3 times in fact) and after you log in with your name and password...you get nothing but a blank black screen.

I hate computers, malware, and hackers. I may just buy a new Kindke Fire HDX and toss my laptop. At least that is my thinking at the moment.

Gotta go...more later.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 18 2014 11:11:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  1:13:47 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya Peg. My laptop was actually smoking and it fried a couple of weeks ago. I can't say for sure, but I think that it knew that Dave bought me this new MSN Surface for Christmas and it was mad. LOL We had it looked at and the guy said the screen was a gonner but that maybe we could use the keyboard with another monitor and get all my important files downloaded to a disc before it totally fried. So Dave did that... and sure enough, it started smoking again. Yup, it's dead!* playing taps* Don't tell me these things aren't alive... they know, and they know that we know, and they know that we know that they know... ya know? giggle So ya, I feel for ya Peg.I'm a neat freak too, so I get it.
Alicia, I got your tea and goody envelope today. I could smell it as I was taking it out of the box. Mmmmmmmm Rascal was all over it too. He approved. hahaha Thank you very much for your special tuck-in. Since it's your specialty, I will enjoy it more.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  2:13:01 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
I am blowing in again. This wind is driving me crazy. I tell you, you don't need to drive, fly. Much easier.
Yesterday we finally got some answers for my son. He does not have spondylitis like my brother in law. No cancer, tumors, infection etc. But he does have something rather rare. He has what they call Sheuermann's disease. It is a spinal inflammation disease as well. They do not know what causes it and it is most in teenage boys. His vertebrae do not grow evenly especially when he is in a growth spurt. The front vertebrae are narrow and wedged together which puts pressure on the muscles while on the back of the backbone they are very thick and rigid because they grew so fast. He has a small nickel curve and a disc that is slightly protruding but not on a nerve so that was good. Both of those are symptoms of this disease. They say it is possible he might outgrow this disease in a few years when he is around 22. If so then any what damage is down now will be it. Or he could have the symptoms the rest of his life. They are not sure. It is called we wait and see. For now they have begun a treatment plan and we go back in April to see how the disease is progressing or if it is stable. He is most sad they have said wrestling is over for him. They said he can't risk the amount of stress and pain it puts on the body. At least we know what it is and can deal with it.

I can't remember who had December tea but I got it today and it was wonderful this afternoon, I am looking forward to trying the bath salts.

Peggy I am like you that chaos would drive me nuts too.

Judy hope your back is good today and sorry about your computer.

well the dryer just went off. Laundry has been holding my basement captive for the past week. Yikes!
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  3:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Peggy!! I didn't know there was any notice in Belle Amoire. I was suppose to get my free copy of Altered Couture in the mail but haven't gotten it yet.
I'm so glad the little guy is doing ok. It's hard on those little folks when they are hurting and don't know why. Hang in there with the kitchen issues... you can do it!! You need a little spot that is nice and tidy for you to hide in.

Teacher Tammy, I feel for you with the wind and extra butterflies. The wind will drive you and the butterflies crazy. An aid would be great! Can you get parent volunteers for the morning. I always volunteered in my oldest son's classrooms.

PG Tammy, so cool about the beans turning out so well. It's always a scary thing when you try something new. Glad the man likes them. That certainly helps.

Judy, so sorry you are hurting. No fun!! I'll be sending you warm healing thoughts.

Alicia, I got my tea and bath salts today... yea!!! I take baths a lot in the winter. It's the only way to warm me up sometimes. I can't wait to try the tea's. Thank you so much. I checked out your blog too. So sorry about the property. It just wasn't meant to be. Keep looking. Your place is out there.

I got all my homework done this week so I get to sew today. I had a dress returned because it wasn't long enough in the front. I refunded her money of course. So I spent this morning adding a front hem and some lace in the back to lengthen it. Boy does it look awesome!! Here it is all redone (and much more expensive).

I finally got my youngest son's address at marine basic training. I sent one off yesterday and again another today. I know it will still take a while to get there. I know the first few weeks are really hard. It's the drill sargent's job to make you as unhappy as possible. I hate what he has to go through to do this. It is just brainwashing as far as I'm concerned. My X is going to pay for my plane fare and hotel so I can see him graduate.

Anyway, lunch is over and I need to get back to it!!!

Hugs to all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  4:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Bunny on your accomplishment!

Alicia: Got your goody package today. Smelled so good, my hubby says to put the bath salts in something and just let it sit so we can smell it. Can't wait to try your teas also.
we love potato soup too and i love carrots in it for color and add instant potato flakes to thicken if needed.
Loved looking at the table link, reminded me of a Walton table. LOVE that show.

Hubby and I are finishing up a 2nd cold of the season. Hoping it's the last!

Been reading back a page or so to sort of catch up to some of you. lol..lost cause..

Hugs n Prayers to all who need and want them.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  07:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Alicia, Your tea pkg arrived in the mail yesterday. Love those choices! Oh, as soon as I opened the envelope the bath salt citrus smell was a treat! Thank you so much!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  2:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Alicia....I don't take baths...but I put the bathsalts in a jar and will use them for aroma therapy. It smells fabulous!!!
Oh yeah thanks for the Tea too. Lol

Judy...haven't had my son look at it yet but....there is no using it in the mean time. Grrr! SORRY yours fried! That's because you are so smoken hot funny girlfriend.LOL

Bunny...Loved your revamped dress pictures! So happy for you girl. We will soon be able to say...hey, we knew her
When. ---Will be praying for your son. Boot Camp is the hardest part. I didn't think my middle son would make it
through his basic training because he was the one who never like being told what to do. But he did and had so much pride in his accomplishment and his Unit received the highest awards. It was awesome and we were so proud of him.

Teacher Tammy...glad that they were able to diagnose your sons problem. What is the chance the other twin could
come down with it? We will be praying that your son just out grows it. That would be Awesome!

Ok...off here for now.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  6:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I'm drinking the unmarked tea you sent. I'm liking it a lot! Could you give me more info. It reminds me of a mild Constant Comment tea.

Teacher Tammy I agree with Peggy. Nice to have some answers even if he still can't wrestle. I hope he grows out of it like the Dr said he might.

Peggy, I just sold the revamped dress today. I'm thrilled!!

Later all...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  7:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody. Wanted to jump on quickly before I forget to mention it. I found an awesome site many of you will love. Mystery Lover's Kitchen. Check it out! It's got mystery books to drool over along with recipes and such. I liked them on Facebook to keep up with postings. There are several books on their webpage I would love to read. I think I'm about ready for a mystery splurge. I've been reading 50 Shades of Gray trilogy this week and I'm ready for something considerably lighter in subject matter LOL. That series is dark to say the least.

I bought a treadmill today. With temps supposed to be well below zero again this week I need a way to exercise myself and the dogs. I tried to find a used one but none in our area and the ones further out wanted almost as much as a new one so I got a cheap one from Walmart. I was good and walked/ran on it for 30 minutes this evening.

Alicia - got my tea and bath salts! Thank you. I love using things in my bath water in the winter. I was sorry to hear about your husband's job. I hope he finds something soon.

BFTammy - good news you have a diagnosis but sorry that it's not something better. Hopefully he will outgrow it with no problems.

Bunny - that dress is gorgeous! Glad to hear you'll be able to attend his graduation. I wasn't able to attend my son's.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  09:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - love the dress! And it's already sold - way to go!

Judy - hope you're back is better. Sounds like we better put the bikini's away for this week!

TL Tammy - I'm glad you have some answers. Sorry your son can't wrestle anymore. It's tough not being able to do something you enjoy. Maybe he'll find something else he enjoys doing that isn't so hard on his body. I pray that he outgrows it.

PG Tammy - Good for you getting a tredmill. I gave up on running until this spring. I have plenty of work out DVD's to get me through the winter. Especially since I haven't started using them yet :)

Peggy - hang in there girl. The mess will be so worth it when your new kitchen is done!!! The new kindle sounds like a winner to me!!

Not much is new on the farm. We've dried up 6 cows (the cows get a 2 month break from milking before they have a calf and start milking again) so milking goes a little bit quicker. Some of the snow was melting this morning, but the temps are falling today and we're headed back to the single digits for the rest of the week. Hubby's got himself a bad cold. In man language that means he's on his death bed. It's been a rough past few days for both of us. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.

Well, I better figure out what to make for lunch. Stay warm out there!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  09:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...way to go on selling the revamped dress all ready!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! It was darling!

GPTammy..your Winners Pkg, is being mailed out tomorrow. So keep an eye out for it.

Heather...I am sitting In the middle of my mess and it is almost 10:00 am and no work crew yet.
Nothing like getting up two hrs. Early for nothing! See, first official day in and I'm so done with it
Already, ###SCREAM##

OK GIRLS STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES!

HUGS,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1504 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  7:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls! Glad everyone is getting their packages! If you don't take baths, they make a nice foot soak, too!!! :)

Bunny, The unmarked tea is Spiced Christmas Tea from Taylors of Harrogate. I picked it up in Cincinnati at a really cool place called Jungle Jims. http://www.junglejims.com/ We love stopping in there every time we make it that way! Loved your dress!!

Judy, how is your back?

Peggy, how is the lil guy???

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  10:01:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I got up to flurries, and a cloudy 5 degrees. brrrrrr...but I ain't going anywhere so I don't mind. *giggle* I slept in this morning since I took a heavy-duty pain pill for my back last night. It is slowly letting up Gals. Thank you all for the warm thoughts and Prayers.
I really think that the weather is the biggest problem and why it's not just going away like it usually does. This kind of cold just stiffens a feller right up. LOL
Bunny, what a beautiful "Bunny Classic" you created...again. You just have to coolest style and an eye for the unique. I love unique stuff. When I was a in my teens and twenties, I worked at a store around here that was women's fashions, and I just loved all the unusual, unique clothing that we got in from N.Y. I was into the big, gaudy beaded jewelry and wore it all the time. My Mom told me once that she enjoyed seeing me get dressed up for work because, to her, I looked like a fashion model. That comment meant the world to me because she didn't dole out compliments very often(did she patsy...I know you're lurking...lol). Mama was the sturdy, ever-present mothering type but didn't want us to get fat heads. hahaha
Speaking of Mama, she is getting swelled ankles and stomach again because she ran out of her one water pill and doc wasn't returning her calls. grrrr She finally found a prescription in some of her hospital papers from back in October and it was for those same water pills. So hopefully the water will drain now. Otherwise she'll have to go in for a parasyntesis again. Her spirits are good though. Takes a lot to get Mama down. God loves her!
Well, I'd better get dressed(it is 1 PM) *giggle* before Dave gets back. His car battery was dead again so he went to wally-world for a new one. It was dead during our last cold snap too.
Yup Heather, we're gonna NIX the bikini's for awhile. hahaha Even fur-lined ones won't help us here. *giggle*
Stay warm and safe Gals!...and wear your fur-lined longies! hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Thanks Alicia. Got mine yesterday.
Peggy sorry about the kitchen mess but contractors can be difficult. It was good to hear all went well for the little guy.
Bunny, excellent on the book. I have been watching therm in Joanns waiting to see when you showed up.
Judy, praying for your Mamma. Doctors can be a real pain.
It is raining up here in Alaska. It has been in the 30 and 40s for days. Thank you God as I do not have money to fill the fuel tank. I have kids. The nice temps let me eek the fuel out.
Later all.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all. We got up to 12 and cloudy also. There were beautiful lacy, icy patterns on a couple of my windows.
Been cloudy/sunny, cold all day, so stayed in my jammies and added layers. Drank tea,coffee,cocoa etc..you get the idea.

Peggy: Do whatever it takes to minimize the stress on yourself during this ordeal. I can't imagine having strangers tearing up my little nest even if it DOES make it better. I know you will be glad when it's over.

No Judy, mama was not free with her praise, we had to look at her twice to see if she was talking to US! and yes, I AM lurking..hahaha

Well, off to watch Wheel of Fortune, stay warm and snug gals!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page