Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2015 :  5:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Healing is going well - no longer need any pain meds, thank goodness. They make you feel so "loopy". Still find myself getting very tired without doing much, but it's only 5 days post-op, so I guess I'm hoping for to much to fast.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:06:36 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-I'm praying your move goes well and more people than you could have guessed show up (God can do more than you can think or imagine!!!).

Peggy-you are so sweet, thank you for your loving advice!! I really do know what you are saying. I have fibro myself so I know to pace myself. I think in writing it sounds like a lot more than it is. I have a daily to-do list and quite frankly if I get half of it done I'm happy. I need the list but I don't let it rule me. Many of the activities don't take a lot of outside prep or will take some at one time but then will be relatively smooth sailing if that makes sense. I'm an extrovert so I NEED to be around people, and serving others is a great way to do that! I actually got really lonely this last month, hubby was gone and there weren't very many outside activities going on since everything ended for the summer, I was starting to get really down.

I don't have a to-do list for hubby just for myself, and like I said it probably sounds like more than it is and I'll be totally satisfied if I get half of it done! It is mostly just trying to get some things in place while hubby is here to help so that I'm not overwhelmed when he is gone. I try not to set many goals when he isn't going to be around to help (especially here where I don't have babysitters I can call on semi-regularly). That said he is worse than I am about not being able to sit still!! If he doesn't find something to do he will go crazy and drive all the rest of us crazy in the process (seriously, I've sent him back to work off leave early before because I couldn't take it anymore!!).

I will promise to take care of myself though, and I actually have said no to a couple things recently :). I'm just so excited to be able to work with kids again, it is what I did before having my own and I haven't been ready to go back to it or known in what form it would take since I knew I wouldn't go back to working in preschools any time soon.

Which Johanna Bradford book do you have? I have the Secret Garden. Speaking of maybe I'll sit and color with my kids this afternoon if baby takes a decent nap.

Yesterday I suddenly got sick to my stomach and couldn't go with the kids to VBS. Luckily hubby came home a bit early and was able to take them. It was short lived so I don't think it was an actual stomach bug just something that didn't agree with me maybe. I feel ok now but I'm going to take it pretty easy today I think! Hopefully I can go with them tonight and the baby does ok being out late. Our VBS this year is a "family" VBS since they were short on volunteers to make it a drop off program and so it is in the evening so working parents have an easier time going I think. I love VBS but knew I couldn't volunteer to help this year with a baby but would like to go with my kids!

Hope you ladies are having a great start to your week!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:32:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh also (just because I want to set your mind at ease Peggy!) the baby wants to go to bed at 7 and will wake up if I leave the bed so that is when I get my "me time." I usually watch a mindless show on netflix while I'm getting him to sleep then I read or write or listen to a writing class recording or podcast. I wish I could crochet but my booklight just isn't good enough for that. Anyway so I'm in bed really early resting and doing things that feed my soul :).

I don't think I told y'all I have a ganglion cyst developing on my wrist. It occasionally causes pain in my wrist and fingers. I haven't tried crocheting since it popped up (haven't had time for that) but I'm afraid it will cause pain. I need to go in to the doc but I don't really feel confident in my doctor's competence. I need to go in and switch my PCM so I can see someone else. But then it takes 3-4 weeks to even get seen at our clinic (gotta love military healthcare-NOT). Anyway, have any of you had one and have any suggestions? I plan to have hubby try the hitting it with a Bible thing.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  10:15:00 AM  Show Profile
hey you sweet porchies,
I have been gone. My sweet hubby was inducted into the Nebraska Wrestling Hall of Fame this past weekend as coach. I am so proud of him. So we had lots of family here to celebrate and laugh with. Just a wonderful few days. In a few days my sweet granddaughters will be visiting. I am looking forward to that. Got one son through his college orientation and the other one has his in a few weeks. They are handling this well. I have been teaching them how to manage a check book and things. That has been hilarious. They are learning how fast money can go if you are not frugal. But kiddos need to realize that they need a budget.

Other than that, Jax and I have been spending the evenings outside on the farm. That sweet dog tries to help with weeds, but he is only good for digging a hole. Hahahah! But I sure do love him.

well that is about all for now.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  1:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...sounds like you are pacing yourself well and that is good. And I'm glad to hear that you aren't chained
to that TO-Do-List. As I said, "I recognized YOU" because of myself. I too am an extrovert and I was involved in
Everything and then some, from my 20's to my 50's. One time our Pastor did a game for the Youth Rally to help the
young people mingle with adults and get to know them a little better...So, they were given a clue and they had to
go talk to adults to find out the name of the person the clue fit. One of the clues was "Who spends more time inside
this Church Bldging besides God?" It was me! And I'm not bragging about that either. It made me open my eyes
to the fact that I was so busy working for God that I didn't have a close relationship with him. This was in my early
30's. I was the Church Secretary, I taught Sunday School, headed the Puppet Ministry, Taught in The Bible College
at night and took one or two Bible College Classes myself. I took Psychology and Women's Public Speaking and then
was asked to Teach the Women's Public Speaking Class the next two terms. Plus back then we had Sunday Morning Services,
Sunday Night Services and Wednesday Night Services...which we all attended. This kind of schedule was pretty much
what I did until I was about 55. I loved it but it was total insanity. There is a big difference in working for the
Lord and having an Intimate and Personal Relationship with Him. I am glad that I finally learned the lesson...but it
took years to be able to back myself out of doing things that I did...just because I loved to do them. Does that
make sense? And as with ALL BUSY People...who do others ask...if they want to get something done? The busy person
who get things done!! Right? So, if you can glean any bits of wisdom here...use it. If not...that's OK too.

Tammy...how Wonderful for Hubby and Your Entire Family...you must be busten your buttons with Pride.
Have a great week and enjoy Jax and his antics. Dogs are our 4 legged kids. When the boys are off to college
Jax will give you even greater joy and companionship around the home fires.

Off to get out of this house for awhile...

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 17 2015 12:56:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  12:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I've only been lurking and not announcing my presence. I've been super busy but trying to keep up with everyone :) We've had over 9 inches of rain since Friday with more on the way tomorrow before we get a break. I may need to borrow a boat if anyone has one LOL!!! There are a lot of roads closed and flooded fields, yards, pastures, etc. It's like April and August combined. We're getting the April rains with the too hot Aug. temps. We've also had 3 new babies this week. 2 heifers and a bull. Hopefully things will calm down next week and I can post some pictures.

Shannon - thanks for the tea package! That new harvest was very tasty as sweet iced tea for this crazy weather!

Sorry so short, but I need to get some gifts ordered for hubby's b-day. I'm praying for all of you!
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  5:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like here, Heather. We've had 15 1/2" since Saturday afternoon.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Heather and Wanda...we are praying for you too. Thanks for reminding us that some of our Farmgirls are in
areas of extreme weather that is causing so much damage and death. We will be praying for you and your
families and friends and all your properties and live stock.

We are in a State with much concern over early Fires this year. It is already Hot and Dry and the fires
have already started. Please pray for us also.

Hugs and prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2015 :  1:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Heather and Wanda, praying for you, I have family I'm Texas near all the flooding, luckily all are ok so far but so many aren't.

It looks like I've found a location for CC!! That is a huge part of my work this summer, I'm just confirming a few things so hopefully it pans out. I have a meeting about another location I'm the morning but the first one would be my preference. And it is all thanks to a couple lovely ladies helping me out!!

The kids finished out their vbs week, it is always exhausting but good. I didn't go tonight, I was exhausted and the baby was super clingy from being out so much so him and I stayed home and cuddled!

I still don't have my tax number, it is unusual for something like that to take so long here, I'm considering taking it as a sign and dropping the hbb idea from my plate. Then I can concentrate more on other projects. We will see, I guess I don't really care either way at this point. If it doesn't work out it doesn't I sure have enough to keep me busy!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  5:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, Haven't been on the "porch" in a while but I was reading through the posts and saw yours about the cyst. I get them on my wrist. I usually wear a brace until it goes away. I don't do any knitting or crocheting during that time. I don't know about yours but mine are very painful. Have never had them looked at but just do the brace thing. I've had them on and off for years.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  6:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everybody! Hope everybody is doing well. I wasn't able to get through all the posts I've missed but I'll get caught up.

Patsy - I agree with you on my neighbor needing to spend quality time together. Nobody is sure what's going on right now as she's telling us different things and many conflict with what she's told us prior. I'm trying to be supportive even though I don't like the guy for her sake.

Peggy - I just received Refuse by Sue Henry in the mail! I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm reading The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lhama currently. I may save Refuge until we go on vacation and take it with me to read.

Shannon - I received my lovely teas and tucks in the mail! Thank you! I didn't know we even had a tea plantation in the US so it was educational. Matt may fight me for the Breakfast Tea lol.

I finally got my schedule changed to Tuesday & Thursday and every other Saturday at W*lmart so my stress level is finally starting to come down. Having a whole weekend off for the first time in nearly 7 months was unbelievably destressing! My plan was to take a yoga class on Monday & Wednesday but I'm not sure how that's going to work out. It's difficult on nights I'm off if I go to yoga due to not being able to really do anything after I get off work until I leave for yoga and then after I get back, fix myself supper and rest a bit it's pretty much bedtime. I may have to rethink it and possibly pay for gaia tv or another website and just do yoga here at home when it's convenient for me.

I did get an app called CALM for meditation. They have a free 7 day mindful meditation training series to start with and I liked it so much I paid for the yearly subscription ($39) to continue. On nights I get off at 10pm I have problems shutting the brain down and it's been extremely helpful with helping me shut down and go to sleep earlier.

Today we went to a dirt bike Climb. They start at the bottom of a steep hill and attempt to get up and over the top. It's the first time I've gone to one and it was pretty impressive. I took my large rain umbrella with and sat under it to protect myself from the sun. Matt says we're going to get a EZ-Up or similar tent to take with to these types of events to keep me out of the sun. Here's a pic of the bikes lined up and the hill they were climbing.

Well I need to get the pups walked before the storm rolling in so I'll sign off here. We've been blessed to have not been hit as badly as some areas have been lately with the severe storms we've had statewide. Hopefully our missing the severest parts of the storms will continue :O) Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  7:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
It is hard to keep up with you gals - I don't get in here every day. You are a busy bunch.

Take care,

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  04:49:28 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Been awhile since I've been on the porch again! Our move is scheduled for July 6th. The church is hopefully going to help us move that evening. In the meantime, we are doing repairs, landscaping (in 100+ degree weather), packing and painting. Bleck! But it has to be done! Emi gave us a scare with a lack in movement... guess I am fighting a little heat exhaustion and over doing it. Now to find the balance of still getting done but not doing too much!

Sabrina - ganglion cysts are a beast! I've never heard of hitting them to pop them! Did it work? Sounds painful!

TLTammy - Congratulations to your hubby! And many (((hugs))) to you as your boys get ready for college. I am dreading those changes, but thankfully have some time!

Peggy - I learned the lesson about doing for Christ rather than being with Christ a few years ago... it was extremely humbling for me, and one I have never forgotten! Praying you guys won't be hit with fires! We are EXTREMELY dry here this year, but do not usually have to worry about fires! How scary!

Heather - has the rain stopped for you guys? Praying for relief and safety! Glad you liked the "First Flush." It was why I scrambled for June for the swap.... It is usually harvested the end of May, and then is only available for about two weeks before it is sold out and you can't get it again until the following year... And there is such a taste difference, that really blows my mind!

Wanda - that is A LOT of rain! Are you guys holding in okay? Praying for relief for you guys too!

Denise - hmmm I never thought about a brace for the cysts... that is a really good idea! Is it the constant bending motion that causes them? Kneading bread use to cause them (don't do that anymore with making GF bread) and my mom use to get them from hand quilting a lot.

PGTammy - so glad you were able to change your schedule and get some stress relief! The dirt bike climb looks fun! At first I thought you were saying you participated, but then I finally figured out you were a spectator. What a great hill!

Linda - So glad you got a chance to pop on here! How is Michelle feeling? Continuing to pray for her!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  06:36:35 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...yes it is a humbling lesson and one you will never forget!!! Being a Pastor's wife...I had to wait
for him to retire and then we changed Churches...and finally were able to just put our working days behind us.
In ALL churches 20% of The People do all the Work and the other 80 just occupy pews and get fed (which is just
how it is). Once we left the smaller Church after Retirement...we decided our years of doing it ALL were over.
So now we are the Pew Sitters In a Mega Church and I don't feel one bit guilty. I do still Teach my Weekly In
Home Bible Study of 17 women from different Churches (same group I have taught for 25 years)... I always have to be Teaching and
Keeping Women In The Word...as that is my Calling. I guess since hubby is 72 and I am 63...we have earned a little
rest. We never keep from sharing Jesus at every opportunity...and I think we get bolder and bolder doing that with age.
Maybe because we see our time here on this Earth growing closer to the end...I don't know.
We are going to be seeing those triple digit temperatures by the end of the week. But I wouldn't want to be pregnant
in that type of heat. Drink lots of water and keep hydrated. My little daughter in law who is pregnant right now
just spent the weekend going in and out of the hospital with a Kidney infection. For some reason when she is pregnant
she has kidney issues....but she is always drinking water so...I guess just not enough.

Hi Linda...glad you popped on for a few minutes.

Prairie Tammy...that would be fun to watch those bikers climb that hill...other than I wouldn't want to breathe and eat their
dust and listen to all their bike noise. ~ I just finished three really good books by Sandra Byrd and didn't want the
story to end. It was her Paris with a Twist Series. A Love Story (which I am not a big love story reader unless there
is murder and mayhem with it. LOL) But I will read a Love Story if it has a really strong plot and subject matter
that I like. Which I love All Things Paris...so that was the draw for me. I highly recommend them! ~ Glad you were able
to get your hours at Wally World cut back. That had to be a killer for you. ~ How is your son and his girlfriend doing?
Did they move onto The Farm? Has she had the baby yet? Just wondering...how all that drama was playing out.

Denise...wow, I see you on FB more than I do on MJF but it is nice to have you drop by on The Porch. Come sit a spell!

Well...the weekend was very busy. Ended up watching my grandson on Friday Night and Sat. Night. He was all out of sorts
from their move and all the boxes in the new house and mommy being sick. The first night he was OK but the second
night I had to give him his first couple of swats from Grandmama. He was having a melt down and started throwing things
at his another Grandma and me because we wouldn't let him watch anymore of his favorite music video. So, he was tired
and mad and Grandmama had given him more than enough warnings. 3 swats on the diaper with my hand (nearly killed me).
This Grandma would rather try reasoning, distractions or time-outs...but when that is NOT working and he is just acting out...then I draw the line. I also made him tell his other Grandma he was sorry and me...which he did. So I got him in his PJ's and read him a story and put him to bed. He was out in a matter of minutes. I have a reputation with my
Grand-kids of being The Fun Grandma and I don't want to have to discipline them like that. Their parents can do that...it is my job to spoil them. LOL So, that nearly broke my heart. I'm sure we will both get over it. Elijah is such a sweet child but he is strong willed.

Well, hubby is still sick but getting better...with the Bronchitis/Walking Pneumonia. We had a 50th Anniversary Party
to attend over the weekend too and he went but I don't think he said more than 2 words to anyone who sat at our table
during the Party...but I only kept him there an hour...trying to not over tax him. He is still depressed over his Son and the loss of his two siblings...but that is going to take
some time for him to work through all that.
I am however very tired from waiting on him hand and foot (though it is getting a bit less demanding). I feel like I
could sleep for about a week. I go to bed tired and wake up tired...I try to nap and I wake up tired/or I don't nap but I'm still tired but can't go to sleep. Vicious Cycle.

My two precious grand-daughters are coming for the weekend...so, I need to get rested so I can enjoy them.

Well, My Lovelies...I'm going back to bed for awhile as I only slept about 3 1/2 hours but I woke with a headache.
The Migraine pill is just starting to kick in so I can probably get back to sleep now.

Enjoy Your Monday...

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 22 2015 06:53:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  07:52:51 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Linda, 100%! You are a busy bunch of gals.

I can't keep up with everything either (partly because I'm running in circles myself) but please know that I send congratulations, prayers, and Yipees out to y'all all the time.

Yes, Shannon, I'm fine. Thanks for asking. We did get more rain, was blocked in for two days but I got into town on Friday. Then we had more rain on Saturday. The thing is, where I live is sandy loam, with clay about 16" down. It drains fast so we actually need a good rain once a week. But this was over-kill, so it backed up. Right now I'm still squishing around...watching the 'jungle' grow because I can't mow.

Blessings to you all.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  7:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I get the cysts whenever doing crocheting or knitting or quilting. I guess it is the wrist motion. Not sure,as I said I have never had mine checked out. I imagine it would be painful but I have heard of people hitting them like that to pop or whatever.

Peggy, Yes, you do see me there more but I have been visiting the farm a lot more now. I am there so often to keep up with our kids and grandkids and I have a very large extended family and so I catch all the family goings on there too! With so many I am on fairly often.
I like coming here to relax and visit with everyone. It has been since way back in the beginning that I was on the porch, when it was first started.

Hopefully, I can drop in more often.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - awww...I'm sending big hugs your way - but I must say - it was encouraging to hear that you disciplined him when needed - it's nice to know you didn't let him "walk over" you. Very proud of you!!

Things have been super busy here - got blessed with a visit from my mom and niece on the weekend, we got 8 ducklings and preparing for my big exam on Wednesday, which I would much appreciate prayers for. Lord willing, it will be my last exam ever. This is an extremely difficult exam, and there people that have failed it. My poor family wouldn't be able to handle the stress of me spending 2-3 hours 6 days a week studying any longer than they have, so I'm just really praying that I pass :)

Hugs to all of you - and prayers and congratulations as well to those who need them :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Sent my daughter and her two girlies, 2 and 4, back on a plane home this morning. They were here for almost two weeks and it was sooo hard to say goodbye. We hadn't seen them since last August. It didn't help that they 4 year old kept saying she was going to miss me. Hopefully we will get to see them for a quick visit at a family wedding in about a month. Then they will be back again in October with Daddy this time. He was away during this visit and that was part of the reason she came.

Think I sprained my hand this morning pitting cherries. The pitter I have is old and sometimes stubborn. I won as far as pitting but not without a battle.
Did up 10 lbs for the freezer. Working on blueberries too. We usually end up with about 60 lbs of those and we enjoy everyone of them.

Will be praying all goes smoothly with your exam Joyce and that what you need to remember will be brought to mind.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  11:50:13 AM  Show Profile
Wanda...summer time is always a fun and busy time and we know that our Porchies won't be on as much as
in the winter months. But if you hop on more frequently and just give a shout out...you won't feel so
lost.

Denise...Oh, I bet it was hard for you to say goodbye to your family this morning. Especially the grand-
daughters huh? Mine are coming this weekend I think. If their parents don't change their mind in the 100+
weather this Thurs. thru Monday. If it was me...I would stay home. LOL ~ How wonderful that you get so
many cherries and blueberries. That would be such a huge blessing. You must have a big freezer or do
you can them?

Joyce...will be keeping you in prayers today and tomorrow. I know you will ace it and God will give you
the quick recall that you will need. Keep us posted on how it all turns out for you. ~ Yes, it was hard
to discipline my sweet baby boy but I couldn't let that kind of acting out in anger go by. I was really
firm with my kids when they were little...they all call themselves the Wooden Spoon Survivors!!! LOL
But I think Grandmama's should just get to do the loven and not the disciplining...if at all possible.

Well, today is my hubby's birthday and he is sleeping it away. LOL I guess when you are retired...Who really
cares huh? I sure don't! But I have already gone shopping and am back. Plus I wrapped up his birthday gifts
and I will take him out for a nice dinner tonight. We both love Applebee's so I'm sure that will be his choice.

I am saving Grocery shopping until tomorrow. I cannot do more than a couple things per day...or I pay the price
for the next week. I grocery shop for a month and have to do it all myself...so, I really have to feel great when
I go because by the time I've shopped, unpacked the cart at the register, bagged them all myself, gotten home and
carried them all into the Apartment and put them away. I'm done in!!!

Well girls...have a fabulous Tuesday and do something fun!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  12:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Been reading ya'lls msgs, but have been busy cleaning carpets and getting ready for my sissy's visit...in half an hour!!! 'weeeeeee' I'm sooooooooooooo excited! 2 months hopefully...unless we try to snuff each other out before that...hahahaha. in that case I'll ship her out to one of her kids. hahahaha
Gotta go finish last minute details! 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'sissy's coming! gigglegigglegiggle

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  7:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I freeze them. I used to can them but didn't really use them much so started freezing and find lots of times we just eat them straight from there.

Judy,
Enjoy your visit with your sister!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  02:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Well my cyst is somewhat better. Still there but not as big and not causing so much pain. Haven't tried hitting it with a book yet, not sure I want to risk irritating it now. Luckily it is on my left hand so hopefully when I do get back to crocheting it doesn't cause any problems or cause it to flair up. I have so many crafts I want to get back to just haven't really had time!! I have all the stuff to make diapers but I'm happy with the diapers I'm using now so I may just sell off the supplies instead of making any, we will see I guess. I have other things I want to work on!

Things with our homeschool program are all falling into place with relatively little work from me, so that is wonderful and encouraging. I have my first "info meeting" today. Nobody has RSVPed so we will see if anyone shows.

Hubby has a couple more weeks before he is off again. He hasn't been feeling well and I'm hoping he can get a handle on that before he goes. The doc says it is "just allergies" but it seems like more to me. Dealing with army medicine is a headache.

Still waiting on my German tax number, I'm seriously about to give up. Maybe it is a sign....

I got a bill from my first emergency room visit when I had the mastitis. You know, the one where they didn't do ANYTHING and I got worse. I think I'm going to go see our patient liason and have him call and try to get it forgiven. In the states I know I could call and say "look you did NOTHING except waste my time, then I got WORSE and had to be cut open and go to the hospital every day, causing me pain, time, the expense of gas, having to find childcare and seriously impacting my ability to nurse, therefore I don't think I should have to pay." In the states they would cancel the bill and just be glad I'm not suing (I'm not sue happy but they were wrong in this). PLUS they go SO MUCH MORE money because of all the other treatment I ended up needing. Yeah I have a problem with having to PAY for them making me WORSE. If he had just given me antibiotics that first visit I probably could have avoided the rest. Ugh. Wish me luck in that dealing.

The baby is going through all the 4 months stuff, developmental leap, growth spurt, teething and separation anxiety. That has been interesting but seems to be starting to even off now. He has become quite social and smiles at everyone.

I don't think I told y'all, there is a violin player at the Bible study I go to. I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she wants to get together to play from time to time. She also wants to introduce me to the places she plays and have me take over for her when she moves in Jan (and by then that should be easy enough). Guess I better get to practicing!

That is a quick recap of what is going on with us! I better go do something productive while the baby is asleep!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  05:26:50 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! So here is an update on life around here.... yesterday was my hubby's birthday (Peggy - our hubby's share the same birthday... well at least the date anyway ;) ). Hubby came home early, as we had an appointment for my almost 2 yo to get her cast off. We took her to the appointment... and the doctor was running 2.5 hours late! I was honestly impressed with how well the kids did! We really enjoy the orthopedic we see... so we didn't give him too hard of a time ;) We did harass him though :) Bless his heart, he apparently had the five hardest cases of the year back to back before seeing our daughter! No wonder he was running late! After we got the all clear that her leg was healed, and she didn't need a cast anymore, we headed to go get a belt for hubby's car. It had broken down on him the night before, when he was headed home from work, and sitting in the home depot parking lot near the base. So we headed there, fixed his car, and finally got home around 3... her appointment was suppose to be at 10:15!!!! Our day was shot! BUT we celebrated anyways :) I had pulled some filet mignons out of the freezer (we buy a whole cow once every year or two - trust me we do not spend the money buying them of what they normally cost!), and grilled those, along with making crab cakes, caprese salad, and regular salad. It was super yummy! Then we had cake and ice cream. My 11 year old is our official cake baker and decorator. She did a nice job :) We relaxed the rest of the evening, and didn't get anything done on the house, but it was nice to relax :)

Peggy - glad o hear your hubby is feeling better! I think the heart ache is probably making him heal a little slower, which is totally understandable! It is a lot of stress on his body! I so pray that things get better! Have you guys been able to see your step son or are they still not allowing visitors?

Joyce - I am so excited for you, for your last exam! I am certain you will do fantastic, and am praying that the Lord calms you and helps you through it! You will be flawless :)

Denise - praying for quick healing for your wrist! I wish we could find some where around here to pick cherries! We are going to go blueberry picking here soon I think... they just opened up on Monday. I usually freeze the mass majority of them, though I also make blueberry syrup and jam. This year I think I am just going to make blueberry syrup, as we still have some of the jam from last year. This time of the year is always so busy for us with canning, but I love it :)

Judy and Patsy - enjoy your time together <3 I pray it is refreshing and encouraging! I miss my sisters something fierce! We do not get the opportunity to get together very often! The last time I saw them was when I went to Maryland for my surgery... which was almost a year ago! I talk with both of them pretty frequently on the phone, but it just isn't the same! It is going to be worse when we move out west, but we'll be closer to my youngest brother and his family, so at least we will see some family on a regular basis :)

Sabrina - Are you guys not Tricare Prime or does it work differently overseas? Not sure how all that works! Though I have been a military wife for "forever" I have never been overseas! That was actually one of the things I was looking forward to... going overseas and moving, but alas, that was not meant to be ;) Glad to hear the cyst is better and that things are moving along so well with the homeschool stuff. I really need to wrap my brain around what we are doing next year, but figured that will come AFTER we move... just hopefully BEFORE baby comes! Excited to hear you'll have a chance to play the violin, though I am not sure I knew you played... perhaps that might be a source of the extra income you have been wanting? A dear friend is a horn player and she plays in various productions, orchestras, and for weddings to bring in funds. She started as a backup for someone, and then quickly was "picked up" after that.

Well I need to go get busy. I am leaving some apple pie jam danish, and of course some hot tea... Thankfully virtual hot tea doesn't make you too hot in these crazy hot days!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  08:12:29 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, So glad the cyst is better. The one I deal with is on my left handed but is not helpful because I am left handed. Glad everything is falling into place for your homeschooling. We did it for many years with our children and my oldest now home schools her children. What wonderful things to look forward to with the violin playing. I didn't know you played. My son plays and enjoys it so much. I love to hear him. I can sit and listen all day to him play the piano but he doesn't play it that often. I need to do some piano practicing myself. Has been many years since we are in the military and I know a lot has changed since then. Babies are such a blessing! Enjoy every minute.

Shannon, I freeze all of my cherries and blueberries except the ones we eat when we get them. Last year I did 60 lbs. I need a bigger freezer this year as we are getting half a cow in the fall. If I had room I would do the whole thing. Not sure where I am going to put a bigger freezer. Thinking the garage will be a good spot if I can get it cleaned out a remodeled before then. On my to do list.

Hope everyone is staying cool on the porch. It is beautiful today. We had a miserable storm go through last night. Tornado too but not close to us. Thankful that were it did go through there was only material damage and no loss of life.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  08:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Denise we have two chest freezers in our garage, which is the only reason we are able to buy a whole cow! This year, since we got an angus instead of our normal jersey, it barely fit with the other stuff we already had! It completely filled the one freezer and we had to put more in another!HUGE amount of beef, but it should last us until we move out west!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page