Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2019 :  4:00:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you Gals are chatty... love it! Hahaha
I have GREAT news. I had blood work done Friday to see what the Synthroid was doing.
Can't remember what all I told you about it. My thyroid numbers were suppose to be around 2.5 to 3.5.
Mine was 33. I know...CRAZY!!! Well, they called this afternoon and said it was normal, 2.5.
I kept saying, How is that possible, it's only been a little over a month. How could it drop that fast...
Are you sure? I'm sure she thought I was nuts. Well, ya, I am, but... hahaha Of course I wanted to call Mama(like you all said you still want to do)... so I called Patsy and we squealed like little pigs... and then thanked God! Then she says, Well, there's 2 words that you don't hear in the same sentence when talking about you...
Judy and Normal!!! Hahaha It's true. My Nutritionist said, Normal is over-rated, enjoy being different.
How kind. Nobody has ever said it so nicely before. Hahaha
SO....I don't go back to see the MD till Oct. I just stay on this strength of Synthroid till then.
So... ya... it's a God Thing!!! He Loves Me! The feeling is Mutual!!! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  5:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'm so happy for you. What wonderful news. God does answer prayer.

Denise, I can understand how you feel about time flying when you have grandchildren. They are so precious. I had 3 of my grandsons over the weekend. What a wonderful time we had. They have grown so fast. I can't believe how big they are getting.

I have just finished making a new scarf for this coming winter and am starting a granny square afghan. So many projects and so little time to get them all done. LOL. It is so much fun keeping my hands busy working on something. Today I was out pulling weeds and doing a little cleaning up outside. We have been turning the AC off at night because the nights are getting cooler now. Fall is in the air. The months have flown by. Seems like summer just started and now it's almost over.

Hope all of my porch friends are doing well and keeping busy.

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  12:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies..

You know me and computers...they get the best of me sometimes and just make me madder than Hops! I bought a new MacBookPro and I swear it loves messing with me. It is so small compared to my Old Dell laptop...and the keyboard is smaller...so, I hit all the wrong letters most of the time...but still I am loving it!

Have been on the phone with techs off and on for a few days! Just when I learn two or three things on it...I discover 6 more things I don't know. LOL But now all my Apple devices are synched up and that is nice. I have an Apple Air Tablet, My iPhone, my Apple Watch and now my MacBook. I figured since I wasn't going to Disneyland with my kids...I was saving myself some Vacation Money...so I would treat myself to a new Laptop. As my Dell is a Dinosaur.

My Son Pat...that my husband finally booted out of our place a month ago is still blaming me for everything wrong in his life. Today he even accused me of stealing from him...saying I didn't give him all the $ owed him from my Mom's Estate that I was suppose too. And that I made him a homeless person...and called the Police on him. And that I was the meanest, cruelest, and most hateful person he has ever known and he never wants to hear from me...and he is done with me forever! I stated ALL this much nicer than he did. When I
think of all we did for him for all most 3 yrs...this hurts me so deeply. But after
all his horrible texts messages today...I decided to go back to blocking him. My husband reminds me that Pat has had a Mental Breakdown...which I agree, that he has...but that knowledge doesn't make it any less painful or hurtful to this Mother's Heart!

We are suppose to be getting rain tomorrow and cooler weather! I have a Wedding Shower tomorrow night for one of the gals in my Bible Study Group. That should be FUN despite how badly the rain will make my Fibro feel.

I have been trying to get my house cleaned and going through more stuff of mine...that I have decided I can live without. That has been keeping me busy. Busier than I want to be.

Well...I won't take time to answer everyones posts tonight (actually this morning lol) But just wanted you to know that I am alive and well. God is soooooooo Good Despite our Struggles In Life. Bless His Holy Name!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 21 2019 12:42:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  04:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
Itseems in life the ones we love and who love us are the ones who hurt the most. Because of loving so much. We as mom's do the best we know how and that's all we can do. God can heal all the hurts if we let him.

Judy,
Glad for your good news!

Lori,
I need to work on some things for gifts this year. Busy hands are happy hands!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  4:55:05 PM  Show Profile
You are so right Denise, God be with you both,
Love you
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  6:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear Porchies <3 Life here has been difficult at best! 4H consumed the last month or two, as did my morning sickness. Yup - you read that right, however PLEASE do not mention anything on Facebook, as our families do not know! We found out pretty much after my iron infusions... thinking I'm due the beginning of March. It has been a struggle to wrap my brain around it! Most of you know about the difficult time I had with Jenni - with how my anesthesia did not work (apparently it was a bad batch), so I felt the whole thing! Oh it was so bad! Anyways, I'm still trying to adjust myself to the idea of having another one! Well, I just wanted to touch base. Now that my internet seems to be working, I should be on here more often <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  6:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Shannon! You have some time to get used to the idea and there are lots of anesthetics out there if you choose. Soda crackers.....

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  04:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Shannon! The gift of a new little life is so precious!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  2:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...Prayers for you and baby and Congratulations!! Hope you can be on here more now that your computer seems to be working. We promise to keep your secret off FB too (just want to assure you on that).

Denise...you are so right about those who are family and closest to us can be the most difficult to deal with sometimes. You just never feel like your
own kids will turn on you like that however. I have turned him over to God and I am just "Letting Go!" That is all I can do. And I know that God loves him more than I do.

Judith...I know that soda crackers and peppermint candies are the only things that settled my Nausea down when I carried my boys. I had that24 hour kind of sickness. I pray for Shannon that she doesn't have it past the first Try-Mester. Her last delivery was kind of a Nightmare for her...let's ALL Pray that this one is much easier with less difficulties!!

Okay Ladies...I'm off to dinner in a couple hours with my best friend Patti (My youngest son's MIL). We like to go out for a meal together every other week. Just a girls night out for catching up on our lives.

Have a Fabulous Weekend Ladies!!! Do Something FUN!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  09:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies <3. Thank you so much for the congrats! I'm getting excited about it actually! I brought about a half dozen meals to Brad's coworker that just had a baby... and oh just holding that sweet baby <3

Judith - I have to have another cesarean, so anesthetics are a must... For my last baby, the anesthetics did not work so I felt the whole cesarean! Oh the pain! Sadly they wanted to argue that I was just feeling pressure!?!? After I was trying to crawl off the table, they finally gave me something different, and I was finally numb and didn't feel the cutting, but oh the memories! I just do NOT want to feel the surgery! I hadn't thought about soda crackers. I may try those if I can find some gluten free ones. Crystallized ginger works pretty well, as well. Thankfully I seem to be almost past that point!

Denise - thank you dear friend <3

Peggy - You are so right about my last delivery being a nightmare... but honestly, one out of eight isn't bad, and at least I still have a healthy baby <3. Thank you so much for the prayers!!! How did your dinner go? I think it is fabulous that you and Patti go out every other week! My hubby and I don't even make it out together once a year, hahahaha

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  11:41:40 AM  Show Profile
Shannon -- make sure you have a good talk with the doctor about the anesthetics. A different doctor maybe; not sure I'd trust that one again. I spent a long time looking for gluten free soda crackers and I finally did find something that is close. I can't for the life of me remember the brand right now but they were in a blue and white squarish box.
Things will go better this time with all of us thinking good thoughts for you.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  12:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....I can still say that for about 6 minutes...LOL

Shannon...I pray that this baby will be your easiest yet! After what you went through last time...you deserve an easier one!! Praying that for you.
I keep trying to talk me youngest and his wife into another grand baby...but my son is stubbornly digging his heals in. I think Sadie would in a
heart beat...because like all Mama's or Grandma's once you hold another new born you just want another one of your own. They use to talk
about 8 kids before they had one. Once they got their boy and then their girl! My Son said, "Okay, we got one of each...we're Good!" And he is
sticken to his word! But I know sometimes, God has other plans! So, I'm holding out for His Plans! LOL ~

Patti and I had a great night out!! We usually go to dinner and then go hit one or two stores we like to shop in. So, what's not to like about that?
This time I treated her to dinner because her Birthday is this week and I know that the kids will pay for her dinner on Thursday Night...so, I wanted
to give her an extra gift. ~ On Saturday we gave our kids a day and night off from their kids. Patti and I took them for Some Clothes shopping for
School. We kind of took one each and bought for the one we had with us. I got Savannah 2 pairs of Shoes, 2 pkgs of new underwear, a pair of the
cutest Jeans, some Knee-high socks (Miss Savannah calls them up-socks! tee-tee) And I managed to sneak in a pair of pants for Elijah and 2 pkgs of underwear for him too. And I believe Grandma Patti did the same for Savannah. Then we took them out for lunch (the place of their choice) which was Windy's and then across the street for Frozen Yogurt! It was sooooo much fun. That night Grandma Patti sent me pictures of the kids modeling their school clothes...they were so excited. The next morning Savannah got up and promptly put on her new fashion boots and the cute Love Jeans I bought her. She is a little Fashionista that is for sure.

They both started Karate this past week...so now they are doing that besides gymnastics. They loved their first Karate class. We are hoping this will
help them learn "Self-discipline". ~ Their School Starts this week. So, they are getting their shots today and they do NOT like that idea! Their daddy was the same way when he was little...but he told me the other day that he still hates shots or blood draws! So, he is no help trying to get the kids
theirs...so mommy will take them. She is the tough one when it comes to medical stuff. LOL

We are going to have a week of 90+ degree weather this week. As long as I have my air conditioner...I'm good!

Hi Judith...*jumping up and down waving atcha*

OKay My Porchies...don't make me send out the Posse after y'all!!

Oh, by the way Tammy D. got me hooked on another book series. I just started listening to it while I craft but it is by an Author I have read
but a totally different series. Now I know why she never got past writing 4 books in the series I read and loved...because she has written
like a bazillion in this series Tammy recommended: The Books are called The Agatha Raisin Mysteries by M.C. Beaton.

Okay My Porchies have an Awesome Day/Week and find something enjoyable to do!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  6:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi again, Shannon -- I went to the store and looked at the gluten free crackers. Glutino brand was the closest to soda crackers. Not the same but passable.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  06:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Judith - thank you so much! We are indeed planning to go to a different doctor, at a different hospital... in fact, in a different state, hahaha. It will be about a 2.5 hour drive, but totally worth the drive!

Peggy - God definitely has different plans than the ones we make for ourselves, and I am so thankful for that! His ways are ALWAYS better!!! Sounds like you had great time with Patti! How fun that you guys went shopping for the grandkids! We just kind of go with the flow with school shopping and clothing needs, but with homeschooling, I have that blessing!

Today I need to go pick up the pears I ordered from the Mennonite community and then work on school with my kiddos. Today is kiddo #7's birthday. She turns 4 today! How is that possible!?!? Even more scary, my oldest turns 16 on Saturday!!!! Yikes!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...my grandkids are in a Home School/School just 2 days per week. It is called River Link. And is very inexpensive for a Private School. It is
K-12th. My DIL Home Schools 3 days per week and then works at River Link as a Teachers Aid. I like this set up because it gives my Grands some
Social Time/inner action with other Home Schooled Kids. I know how frustrated Sadie gets trying to get Eli to work at Home though. She is a good
teacher however but Elijah told his dad and I one day that when he grows up he doesn't plan to work...he is just going to sit home and play computer games. LOL I told him that he better be a Game Tester or a Game Inventor or he is going to get pretty hungry! He is 6 going on 25. Too Smart for
his own good.LOL ~ Pears have always been my favorite Fruit to Can. They just look so pretty in those quart mason jars. My second favorite is Cherries.
Again for the same reason. They are just beautiful all done up and sitting in pretty little rows.

Boy, your kids are growing up fast! Don't you wish you could keep them small longer?

On those books that Tammy D. recommended...they aren't for everyone. A few cuss-words here and there. Just warning you ahead of time in case you object to that.

My little grands will be here in time now. We are going to have a play date. School starts Thursday for River Link...so I get one more Grandma Day!
Mommy has a Physical Therapy Appt.

Have a Good Day My Porchies. It is suppose to be close to 100 today. So, I will have the kids do early Park time and we will play inside after that.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi there,
Shannon, congrats on the baby announcement. I'm lost though. Is this the 8th or the 9th?
I really like Glutino foods. Their crackers and toaster pastries are Wonderful.
They are so light. I think they are even better than regular, wheat ones.
We've started going to the fairs around here. I enjoy petting the crazy goats.
But I hate it that I can't pet the bunnies anymore. There are signs everywhere saying not to!
They might bite. Whatever! *giggle* Weeeellllll...don't bring the ones that bite to the fair!
There, that's fixed!!! Next problem!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  10:16:09 AM  Show Profile
Well, Miss Judy...so glad that you got off the FAIR Circuit...long enough to come to The Porch and say Hi!! *giggle*
Oh, and solve the Fairs Bunny Problem. I agree though...leave the biten bunnies home for Peter Rabbits sake!!! What is
A Fair with No Bunnies to Pet!! As if I would anyway since I'm Allergic to every Farm Animal known to man Kind! LOL
But the kiddos big and little Love Them! The question is Miss Judy...which are you??????

98 degrees yesterday and we are still in The High Heat Warning Index until 8 pm tonight. Another day to stay home and
just relax! Then tomorrow it is suppose to rain! WHAT????? I guess the fires could use the rain...but this girl isn't excited!
Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner for Patti's Birthday! So, I will feel lousy but I'm going!

Today is my Son Pat;s 41 st Birthday.. And my heart is sad! I had already bought him a Special Mom Loves Her Son Pocket
Watch and had gone to the Bank and gotten a 100.00 bill to send him in his birthday card. BUT once I got his last TEXT Message,
God gave me a Message too...Don't send him anything...you are just enabling him to treat you with disrespect and like dirt!
And He is right but...my Mother's Heart is not liking ignoring My Son on his Birthday (or any day). Did you ever realize that
Heart Pain...really does feel like it is breaking in to a zillion little shards?

Okay...My dog just went back to sleep, hubby has not gotten up yet. And I am getting a Migraine from the heat already. Need to
go pour my a Tall Glass of Water.

Have a Great Day My Lovely Porchies!!!

Love and Half Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile
It's only going to be 90 here today so I will take advantage of it and go out and get the necessary shopping done before it starts heating up again.
PeggyAnn I feel your pain. I also have a child who is being ignored even tho it breaks my heart. I just keep hoping someday I will open the door and she will be there and say she's sorry. It probably won't happen but I keep hoping.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2019 :  07:38:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy and Judith - I am so sorry you both have children that are causing your hearts such grief! That has to be a mother's worst nightmare... or at least one of them!

Judy - I had to laugh! This is baby number 9, Lord willing. My oldest is almost 16, next one will be 14 in Dec, then 12, then 10, then 8, then 6, then 4 (as of Tuesday), and number 8 will be 2 in November. We have lost eight others babies in there... one was the twin to my now 12 year old. Everyone keeps harassing me that this one is going to be a twin as well. Time will tell...

Today I need to work more on the kids' record books for 4H, as well as do school with them, and clean up the house. I'm hoping to get in the garden at some point, as it is getting taken over my weeds!!! I still haven't done any Fall planting either :/

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2019 :  09:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Peggy and Judith~ sorry to hear about your kids and the heartbreak you are having to go through.

I have been making peach freezer jam and freezing the rest of the peaches we had left. Looks like it set up pretty well. Always a plus.

Spent yesterday and today with my granddaughter. She is going home tomorrow. Not sure when they are starting school this year, they are home schooled. They have company coming and I know they were going to start next week but not sure if their company being there will end up pushing the time frame for that back to the following week.

Not too much happening here. Pulled out some Fall decor to put out. Just didn't want to wait any longer.
Our weather has been nice. Today I think it's supposed to be in the lower 80's. Hoping we are done with all the humidity.

Keeping my eye on the storm Dorian that is supposed to hit Florida. My brothers and family are down that way.

Need to get off here and get some laundry finished up. Hope you all have a great day!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2019 :  2:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

I'm so ready for Fall! So done with 90s. Sept. 23 is 1st Official Day of Fall..
I'm with you Denise. Time to decorate!

Keep watering my posies just so I have something pretty to look at.. No other garden stuff going on. Brought in house plants.

Hope you are all doing well. Just checking in before the posse comes after me..haha

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2019 :  05:45:56 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful here today. Hope everyone is enjoying nice weather!

It is supposed to be 84 today and 90 tomorrow and I hope that is the last of the 90's we see. The end of the week is in the 60's and 70's. Really looking forward to that.

Been working on some fall cleaning and evicting dust bunnies under the beds along with clutter that needs to go. Won't be doing that on our 90 degree day. I always have high hopes of getting my cleaning done early so I can enjoy the season.

Dealing with a sinus infection. Hoping it has run its course.

I guess everyone is starting to get into the school schedule again soon. School here starts tomorrow. So I am staying out of the stores until the end of the week.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2019 :  01:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...as always I am typing in the wee hours of the morning! Hope you all had a Nice Labor Day Weekend. My youngest sons family and myself went to the
first Weekend of The Pumpkin Patch. It is an annual event for us. We always go the first weekend because nobody really goes until the end of Sept. or first of Oct. By
then the Corn Maze is pretty much destroyed, all the best gifts in their gift shop are sold out, and it is nice to not have to stand in long food lines also. It was a lot of FUN.
They made the corn maze larger this year but we made it through in record time...we are just getting better and better at it.

Talking about being ready for Fall...that started me on my way. Tomorrow I am going to start my Fall Decorating while my husband is at the Dr. I want to get it done and
really enjoy it this year. I didn't do much while my son lived here but now I don't feel so cramped and feel like I can once again enjoy the various Holidays.

My youngest son and family are headed to Disneyland in a couple weeks. I am trying to decide if I feel like watching their Scottish Terrier for 9 days. He is the
brother to ours but they get really rowdy when they are together. Scotties are very vocal and my one dog drives me pretty crazy most days. You take them out
to the bathroom and they are immediately on the hunt for dogs they don't like, cats they love to chase and squirrels they try to climb up the trees after them.
And then my Scottie barks at everything with small wheels: the maintenance guys golf carts, skate boards, bikes...and on and on. Oh, they are just Crazy! I
know me though...I will cave in and take Brindle because I don't want my son to have to Kennel him for 9 days. Hopefully they will both mellow out after about
3 days.

I'm still having heart pain from my middle son. Just when I think I can move forward and leave his threats and rants behind me something comes up out of
the blue and I feel like my heart is a gaping wound that won't quit bleeding. We had to take Pat's car over 2 days ago to a friend of his house...as he agreed
to store it there for Pat until he comes back to WA State. When we met the guy he seemed very cordial to my husband but when he spoke to me he had
such contempt in his eyes towards me...that I could only imagine what kind of stuff Pat has said about me. My husband noticed it too...so I know it wasn't
me just being overly sensitive. He said that he has known Pat for 20 years but nobody in our family even knew who this guys was. But I have no reason to
Not believe the man.

Today, I went and got my last Summer short haircut. I let it grow a little longer in the winter months. Lifted my Sprits to get that taken care of. Then I
spent the rest of the day running errands with my husband. He seems very weak and more fragile the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure why. But He
and I are enjoying each other so much more with Patrick gone. When Trials happen it can either draw you closer together or push you apart. I am
happy to say that we have gotten much closer once again. We celebrate our 35th Anniversary this Friday!

Seems like, Denise, Judith, Patsy, Shannon are all doing the same thing...trying to clean up around the house and start decorating. It will make us all
feel more happy and festive. At least it does that for me.

Hope none of you are close to the Hurricane coming into The U,S, It sure brutalized the Bahamas! Such devastation. Keep them all in your prayers girls
and find a Charity you know is a good one and contribute some $ to help their need. I always use Samaritan's Purse because I trust Franklin Graham and
his Group to put the funds to Good use. Right where it is needed the most. I also like Mercy Corp.

Sweet Dreams my Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2019 :  09:33:40 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, our annual apple festival is this weekend. Hoping to be able to go. The kids have company so I don't know if we will get to go and take the grandkids or not.
Happy anniversary to you and your beloved! May you be blessed with many more.

Going on a job with JT this afternoon. He's headed to a horse farm and thought my granddaughter and I would like to go. Of course we do, so I went and picked her up so we would be ready to go when he stops to get us.

It is in the 90's today with indexes higher so I'm sitting in the a.c. with my water.
Thankful for whoever invented it and put it in vehicles!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2019 :  6:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls
What wonderful weather we are having here. Nice cool evenings and warm but not hot days. I pulled out my fall decorations and got them put out for the season. I love the fall colors so much. Makes me feel warm and happy to be surrounded by these lovely colors. Sounds like a lot going on with everyone.
Shannon, congratulations on the coming baby. Prayers that all goes well for you and the little darling.
Peggy, my heart aches for you. There has been so much going on in your life and so much heartache. I am praying that God will give you the strength you need to get through all of this.
Denise, I love apple festivals. We will be having one just a few miles from us soon. They make apple butter there every year and the smell is out of this world.
Sounds like I'm not the only one cleaning out the dust bunnies around the house. I have really been getting a lot of stuff done that has been needing done for a long time. It feels good to get busy and do a nice deep cleaning.
Well, bed tine for me. Have a nice night sisters.

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page