MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  11:52:33 AM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an expert level I Am a Survivor badge!

"Mom and Dad took us for fall hikes in the woods at a state park.

We learned to whistle in an acorn shell, talked about leaves from different plants and trees, and brought home huge Poor Man's Banana Tree leaves. Mom sealed the leaves for us with waxed paper.

Mom helps us check the first aid pack before leaving. We also pack trail snacks and mom made Trapper's Oat Bread. We took apples, peanut butter, grapes and water."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  2:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Trisha Miller, (Young Cultivator of Lori Miller, #1404) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"I created a string telephone with tin soup cans!

Excellent! My father helped me with the project!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  3:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Camille Gilchrist, (Young Cultivator of Tracy Gilchrist, #2883) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge!

"I tied 3 braided bracelets. Then I tied those bracelets into one bracelet. It looked awesome. Some of the colors I used were yellow, orange, pink, and blue.

I gave it to my friend and she loved it. She wanted to know how I did it. Now most of my friends know how to make one just like it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  1:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Table Talk badge!

"I set the table with fancy cups and I rolled silverware in napkins.

We all ate dinner together."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  2:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Table Talk badge!

"I washed, dried, and put away dinner dishes after eating.

I now do the dishes on a weekly schedule."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  2:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Table Talk badge!

"I planned and cooked a meal by myself.

I have more knowledge of cooking, measuring, and other things in the kitchen."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  12:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Camille Gilchrist, (Young Cultivator of Tracy Gilchrist, #2883) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge!

"I called out family game night and every body said OK. We chose to play a card game called Mille Bornes. We all agreed to play it.

I thought it was fun and so did everybody else. We wanted to keep playing, but it was too late. I hope we can play again soon."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a beginner level Whistle While You Work badge!

"Mom taught me how to whistle with an acorn shell.

We could not figure out how to get the grass to whistle, but my uncle can do it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Hughes, (Young Cultivator of Laura Hughes, #1915) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level All Dried Up badge!

"While my mom was cooking with herbs, I tried each one.

I actually liked the basil but I didn't like the sage."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Hughes, (Young Cultivator of Laura Hughes, #1915) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge!

"I organized each button into their own color jar.

I got tired because there were so many of them."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:14:31 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"I made a tin can phone.

I hammered a nail on the can to make a hole. I put a string threw the hole and knotted it so it wouldn't go thew. Then I played with it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  12:17:47 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In & Out badge!

"I braided spring colored string. I gave the colorful band to my mom.

I made another one for me. My mom used hers to tie her braid, I made mine a necklace."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  2:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Trash Talk badge!

"We found out that certain places don't take newspapers.

We recycled lots of things and found other places for newspaper."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  2:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Trash Talk badge!

"My family and I keep boxes in our garage full of recycling that we take to the recycling center every once in a while.

We recycle everything recyclable."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Gone To The Birds badge!

"I kept a picture list of the birds who have been visiting our yard.

I have a nice pictorial record of our birds, and when we saw them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Gone To The Birds badge!

"Using our pile of field guides, Rebekah looked up the birds we see in the yard, and made notes in her pictorial journal.

Rebekah learned even more about our backyard bird friends."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Gone To The Birds badge!

"Using the knowledge we gained through observing and reading about our back yard birds, Rebekah (with Mom's help), purchased and filled the bird feeders with their favorite treats.

The birds enjoyed the seedy snack and returned frequently, although right now, many of them are enjoying their insectivorous diet since the bugs are plentiful. They will be back to the feeders more in the Fall."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:18:59 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Know Your Food badge!

"Rebekah ate fruit for at least one dessert per week.

She still is eating fruit for dessert as it is plentiful and fresh!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Know Your Food badge!

"Rebekah, (and her family) tried Kiwi, Starfruit, Kiwano or Horned Melon and Apple Pear. We also tried Dragon fruit, which we decided we either needed a different type, or we got a bad one. ;)

We all learned a good deal about different fruits, we also decided we liked star fruit better dehydrated." :)
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:27:48 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Know Your Food badge!

"Rebekah sprouted clover and radish sprouts using Mom's sprout jar.

She enjoyed watching the sprouts as they lost their seed coats and got bigger by the day until harvest time, (rinse and enjoy!)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's In The Bag badge!

"Rebekah helped organize the plethora of re-useable shopping bags. Not too sure how many we have, but she found 3 bags full of canvas and nylon bags.

We now know where all our bags are!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:38:14 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level It's In The Bag badge!

"Rebekah was very consistent and helpful in remembering the shopping bags. We now keep a supply in the truck that are nylon so they roll up small and are easy to store and use.

Rebekah shared her re-usable bag knowledge with her American Heritage Girls Troop."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  10:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah Bramblet, (Young Cultivator of Lisa Bramblet, #2705) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an expert level It's In The Bag badge!

"Rebekah helped organize an event at her American Heritage Girls meeting where we sewed our own re-usable bags, and the girls swapped as they wanted to.

The girls are still using the bags they made to bring their materials to our American Heritage Meetings, church, etc. We see them everywhere around town with their bags." :)
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  1:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Garard, (Young Cultivator of Christine Garard, #3133) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"I made a tin can telephone!

I had a conversation with my mom. Cool!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  1:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Evelyn Garard, (Young Cultivator of Christine Garard, #3133) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level I Did It My Way badge!

"I made a tin can phone with twine.

I've had conversations with lots of people. It works!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page