Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  4:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It's been a while since I've looked in on what you crafty farmgirls are doing and it's been a long while since I've posted what I've been doing.
BUT, for several weeks it not been anything that is crafty fun. Been working on cleaning out our shed, cleaning up our yard . . . and I mean big time clean up. Working my patootie off! Winter is coming and there is just too much stuff so we're working on getting rid of stuff, which included hauling metal objects to the local salvage yard (for a little cash).
Hopefully, we'll make good progress until snow flies and then I can get more crafty things done.

In the meantime, I've enjoyed looking at all you girls are doing!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm supposed to be finishing sewing doll clothes that I promised the girls for their birthdays'. But I haven't gotten there yet and the day is drawing to a close (or at least it feels like it since its dark out). Tomorrow we are going to visit/serve an orphanage in Czech republic so nothing will get done then and I find it really hard to sew with three kids getting into my stuff if hubby isn't here to distract them. Maybe I'll get to at least some this evening.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  1:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Well didn't get any sewing done. Guess I'll have to allow more tv than normal next week so I can do those and finish up some crafts for swaps :).

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  1:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Knitting pockets to add to a cardigan sweater i knitted awhile back. I find myself not wearing it because it doesnt have pockets. I hope this works out.

Dream like you have a lifetime ahead of you. Live like you only have today.
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  07:58:04 AM  Show Profile
I am currently working on an order for 6 Ninja Turtle caps. The order came about after someone saw pictures of the caps I had been making. This picture is of my daughter and daughter in law who are also MJF Farmgirls posing with the caps I made for their kiddos! And one of me in mine!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  1:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Betty, y'all are beautiful in your cute caps.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  4:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Have been busy busy busy! Everyone has posted such neat things. Here are a few things I've gotten done lately, but am still behind on Christmas.

Rag Rug made from old sheets and sofa cover.

Made this sweater and a brown one (no photo) for my grandson.

Have not hung pictures on this yet as I am going to use it for Christmas cards first, but have ordered 7 black and white photos of my grandson for this.

I have also finished 2 pair of knitted slippers for my mother, 5 pillows for the day bed in my grandson's bedroom. (still have to finish the curtains). Hope to have the curtains done this week.

back to the sewing room for me. Hope to get Christmas presents done in time.

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  4:34:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot GS pillowcase....

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  08:59:11 AM  Show Profile
.....a pile of dirty dishes!!!! then a large stack of mail outs for Chapter and Swaps. I can't go to the post office til I get my car out of the shop so keep on inspiring me with all your wonderful creations.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  09:44:20 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! Sara. The kids and "big" kids are having fun with the hats! Love seeing what everyone is working on.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  09:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful things, farmgirls!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  8:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, luv crocheting rag rugs... and like you, I am also working on some pillow cases,,,(Christmas gifts)...

Daizy... you are to funny (dishes)... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  11:02:06 AM  Show Profile
A cornucopia for my Thanksgiving centerpiece. I still need to make the veggies for inside! I also still have doll clothes to make and something for a swap but housework and homeschooling and other holiday prep work keep getting in the way ;). Friday I'm going to a workshop to make an advent calendar then I have on my list to make a couple "kindness elves" and some of the advent calendar will have the instructions for our random acts of kindness for the day..... Will probably start those after Thanksgiving though-during car trips!

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:34:46 PM  Show Profile

I have been doing some quilt making for our local senior Center. and a few gifts too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  5:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Just started knitting on a cap for 18 year old step daughter. She was trying to talk her brother out of one i knit for him Christmas before last so i figure she must want one. A dark dusty rose single ply baby yarn with a touch of cashmere...

Dream like you have a lifetime ahead of you. Live like you only have today.
Go to Top of Page

NancyOH1
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Nancy
Columbus Ohio
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Working on a knitted cowl scarf for my husband. Considering making him a new knitted hat as well. Also, been making knitted dishcloths and trying to finish up a couple of quilt tops.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, Your cornucopia is really neat! It will look beautiful on your table.

Diana, You have been busy. Everything is lovely.

Jenny, Hope you post a photo when it's done. The start looks really nice.

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  3:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, Hope you post photo's when all is done.

After I got home from my knitting group retreat. My DH asked me if I had set his sewing machine back up so he could do some mending. Well needless to say, my craft room was so bad I swear Hoarders the TV show was waiting on my front lawn. So into my room I went and spent the whole day cleaning my room so he could get in there to do his mending.

During the cleaning process I found 6 UFO knitting projects that I had forgotten about, and about 10 UFO sewing projects I had forgotten about.

My only excuse is that I have been focusing on making things for my dear grandson. So, I have decided not to start any new projects until I finish the ones waiting for me in the craft room. (with the exception of a wedding gift for my BFF).

Cleaning of the craft room was on Friday. Saturday, I finished the other Pocketbook Slipper. 1 down! I finished up making my mittens from a sweater from the thrift store. 2 down! Starting working on my fingerless mitts that I started 2 years ago! I was surprised that I was able to pick it up and not missing a step! Glad I kept good notes. LOL These are going to take a while as they are a very slow knit.

Wish me luck on finishing up the UFO's.

Also, I have made up my mind that I am going to make things that I already have supplies for. I never want to let my room get this bad again LOL
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  4:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh you are not alone, Theresa! When I moved my supplies into my craft room from my craft corner, I found ufo's; and even numerous quilt kits I forgot I even bought! Trying to follow the same rule, finish it all and use what I have!
That being said, here is an ornament I am working on.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  4:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Love your rag rug, Theresa! Reminds me I have one in progress!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  4:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on tackling the UFOs. I reorganized my huge mending pile and plan to tackle that. I didn't get anything done but took steps to further a couple projects along their way.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  5:22:33 PM  Show Profile
I was working on an afghan that I started ions ago. After all these years, I decided that it needs to get finished. It is for our King Size bed.

www.countrynmore.com

https://www.facebook.com/countrynmoreaprons

https://twitter.com/Country_N_More

Blog: http://www.mycountryapron.com/

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 23 2014 10:40:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  09:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Finally finished my cornucopia yesterday!! Well finished because that is all I'm doing this year LOL. I will probably add more next year!

Now to move on to Christmas projects.

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  12:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, That turned out lovely!

Bonnie, Love the ornament!

I am so glad I am not the only one!!!! Gives me inspiration to stick with it! You guys are the greatest!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  07:20:19 AM  Show Profile
Farm girls, you have been so busy! Everything is just beautiful! Such a variety of things you are making! I just finished my very first ATC, the growth charts for DGGkids, and am working on fruit jar lumenaires (?) with led tea lights for the holidays. Whew! And, yes, I am also working on UFOs. Happy Thanksgiving!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page