True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  12:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Wow I did not realize it had been so long since I was last on here.
Pg. 302 Wow!! I know I will never get cought up so, I read back over the
last couple of pages.Know that you all have been in my prayers even if i don't
get a chance to jump on and chat.

Marianne I will keep you in prayer because I know how you are feeling. I have a
mammogram and sonagram scheduled for monday the 9th. After my yearly physical the
Dr. said I have a thick mass and need to have it checked out. Not what I wanted to hear.

Patty It is hard to loose a pet that is more friend than pet.Thank you for sharing the picture
I have not had another dog that I
call mine since I lost Wicket. He was a CHow Chow and looked like a little cinnamon bear.

Thelma I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. It is hard to loose the people we love.

Glenda I am so glad to hear about your brother. Praise God! I will keep him in my prayers.

janet I missed the part about your daughter. Sister my heart is breaking for you.
Prayers are going up right now for you and your family. {{HUG}}

I guess when it comes to fireworks, I like to watch them with the grandkids. Their excitment
is contagious.

I best get going I have some students that are needing help. I love doing summer school because it is a change of pace.
I will be glad when it is over this year. I like working with the 7th and 8th graders instead of the High School
students. But this year has been hard. I can not seem to get myself organized or energized.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  4:15:16 PM  Show Profile
I'm taking a break before I go out and water - AGAIN. Dar and I mowed this morning.I also did some house keeping throughout the day. My sister and her family will be here tomorrow and Saturday morning, so am using the visit as an excuse to get my palace polished up a bit. She has never seen my home and I have lived here for 5 years - owned the property since 2004. She is plagued with migrains so doesn't travel much. Sometimes I question her pain - shame on me!

Bunny - I loved my mom but she used to drive me crazy. We couldn't be together for 10 minutes before she would oversalt the potatoes, try to cut my long hair, make coffee in the tea pot blaa blaa blaa. She is gone now and as much as I miss her I have never missed the nonsense.

diane - I used to teach summer school. It was good - it was bad - it was beautiful - it was ugly. I still remember the morning when I haad to step away from the kids for a quick minute. when I returned I would have swarn that the were still on task, but somehow they had managed to glue all my stuff to my desk! Of course I didn't realize it until the glue was somewhat dry. How did they do that so quickly? giggle retirement is grand!

gotta run - my flowers need a drink and I want the job done before the night bugs come visiting. I don't mind the fireflies. they are bbbpretty against the night sky. Taa taa chickie poos. do something good for yourself and then give your pets a little extra love by keeping cool water in their bowls.

Holly, Holly, dear sweet Holly. Thank you for the surprise package. Watch your mailbox - I will write to you soon!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  4:21:07 PM  Show Profile
For some reason only part of my post printed. I'll try again later. sorry about that - this is a new glitch for me.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  8:14:26 PM  Show Profile
The fireworks just got done. I did not watch them, we can see them from our livingroom window. Now the neighbors are firing theirs off. I wish they would have waited to have them until this weekend. Sounds like we will have to clean debree from the yard tomorrow. I am not a fan of fireworks.
I work tomorrow for my son, then I need to finish packing for camp. We are going camping again on Sunday until next Sunday. I hope it does not rain every day like last time. It is supposed to be in the 70s, which will feel so good. Right now it is 85 degrees in the house. There is no wind outside so it is going to be a long miserable night for sleeping. We do not have air.
Holly, I was so suprised when I went to get the mail today and there was a package from you. Thank you so very much for the knitting books. I love to knit and do it every day. You are such a dear to think of me. I feel so blessed with all of you farmgirls. I have more friends here than I have ever had in my whole life. True friends are hard to find, and I do know they are all farmgirls!!!!!
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  05:13:29 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I completely understand about going crazy. You could go to a library where it's cool, quiet and you can have some time to walk around to enjoy the silence. It's just a though.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  07:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! It is a beautiful day in the Ozarks, never mind the fact that temps are creeping toward triple digits, from my kitchen window it looks wonderful! The only thing that might make it perfect would be about 4 or 5 inches of rain softly falling! It is so dry...

Well, I spent the morning putting up kraut and I am now taking a break after the clean-up!

I wanted to thank everyone for their advise on the strumstick

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  07:53:36 AM  Show Profile
And about my singing ( sorry, about that I hit the wrong button trying to correct my spellcheck ). I have been thinking about it a lot. You all were so encouraging and supportive...I was truely touched. You don't find that in the real world...and I am grateful everyday for you all.

Big load of hay just arrived, poor cows, poor bank account....now I gotta go help unload it! I can't believe we are going to have to feed hay in the summer! Our pastures are just burned up!!!

Ladies, I have to run...may all of your pains be eased, may all of your burdens be lighter, and my you find cooler temps tomorrow!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  11:12:05 AM  Show Profile
To hot! To hot!!!!! WAY TO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  1:37:37 PM  Show Profile
New to the sisterhood and the forums - can't wait to get to know all of you!
My name is Connie, I live in Central Texas, 55 years young - we live on 3 acres, mostly wooded. Having wanted to be a true farmgirl all of my life, this is the closest I have come! We have begun gardening/composting/going organic in earnest. Just got 4 chickens, and I am a handworker, needle worker, quilter since I was a young girl. I'm sassy, still think I'm 21 and love to have fun!!
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  1:46:09 PM  Show Profile
hello gals, sorry i haven't been on in a while - work is driving me crazy and i thought today no one ever thinks of me (i was having a pity party) and lo and behold, i received a package from Holly and a card from nancy!!! thank you both so much for thinking of me!!! i really needed it today and i just love them both. i was actually looking at buying that book on amazon.com yesterday but had not made up my mind - i am so glad i waited! thank you again and
hugs to all
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  2:54:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Connie!!! Pull off your shoes sit back and get to know everyone! Relax you are among friends...got questions, ask them...got news, tell us...have a rant, we'll listen...you are among friends here...no swapping or anything like that on here (although some of us do on the other forums) just mostly sharing ours lives...it's kinda like a coffee break!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  4:27:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Connie Sue. This is the most wonderful place to be. You'll see. Grab a tall glass of lemon aid, pull up a chair and jump right in. You're going to love it here.

I need you to put down your drink, because I believe you're going to snort it out your nose in a minute......

I was out in my garden, pinching off marigold heads, tying up sugar pumpkins & butternut squash, cutting of tomato suckers, planting more salad greens and green beans, weeding around bell peppers...the whole time talking to my plants and the chickens, not knowing my next door neighbor was sitting on her deck above me, waiting for me to stop speaking to whomever she perceived I was speaking to (she can't see over the chicken coop) so she could tell me that her grandson was born on the Fourth of July. I heard the dogs barking, looked up and saw her. When I waved & started talking to her, she said "aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?", I looked around to see who she was speaking about then I figured out what was going on. I had to sheepshly tell her there was no one in my garden but the chickens and me and that I was talking to my plants. She started laughing so hard...I had been holding whole conversations...like, "hold your head up, don't slouch over so much", and "aren't you the smart sweetie, hanging on so well during the storm". You get the idea. While we were laughing, a bee flew under my straw hat and no matter how I ducked and wove, he just stayed buzzing under my hat, under my hair...me bobbing all over the place. My neighbor couldn't see the bee and was still laughing over my talking to my plants, then seeing me dance to some crazy drummer only I could hear...she actually laughed so hard she fell off her deck chair, right on her bum, dropping her ice tea along the way all down the front of her. Then we were both laughing, I threw off my hat to get the bee out, when my husband, who just got home, walked out and said "what's going on? you got a bee in your bonnet?" Well, we were already laughing so hard about the talking and dancing, his statement just put us over the top. She screamed and laughed even harder, then I slipped on some wet weeds I just pulled out and fell on my bum in the mud. Then Jenny came running out to see what was going on and almost fell over the dogs into the wadding pool we have out for the dogs.

Now didn't I tell you to put down your drinks?

After all this, I found 2 eggs in the coop that haden't been there when I first came out. Guess the girls squeezed them out during all the laughing.

So, after a shower, I'm sitting here still chuckling and thinking...my day is over. How was your's?

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  5:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Connie, Welcome!!! Like everyone says, pull up a chair, grab a cold drink and join in on the fun.
Kathy, that is hilarious!!!!!! You will be laughing for awhile yet, I bet. How funny!!!!! Love it!!!
Janiee, Good so see you back with us. Hope you stay awhile now.
Marylyn, Canning Kraut already? How ambitious you are!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  5:48:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I have finally read all of the posts from my last two visits but did not have time to respond then.

All of your lives are so interesting to me. Joy and heartbreak. Love and frustration.

I am glad the porcupine did not get Marianne's dogs or horses. Our last cow had three quills in her nose one time. She did not appreciate at all have them removed.

Janet I am so sorry your daughter died. I would have been beside myself with feelings of helplessness in not being able to make her better. Cancer is a nasty disease with no rhyme or reason.

Well, I created and ran the children's games at our town's 4th of July celebration. We have a few tossing games. this year I had stilts and hopscotch. Each year I put up two climbing poles. These are the best entertainment and the children climb them all afternoon or at least try. Both poles are red maples that have been stripped the morning of the 4th. Initially they are both slippery because of the sap. the 12 foot pole eventually dries and is easier to climb. The eight foot pole we put crisco on the top three feet. I hang two nails to bang together on the top when one gets there. Two boys made it to the top of the greased pole. Many children made it to the top of the 12 foot pole. The children talk about these poles all year. such simple entertainment brings great joy.
We also have a bouncy house. It is our only mechanized form of entertainment. The children have a blast. I should say we do not charge for our children's games. We put out donation cans around the field. A man came up to me and said "Yesterday, I took my children to the Montpelier celebration. My son wanted to go to the bouncy house but I could not financially afford for him to do it. How is it that a small town like Worcester can do the games for free and Montpelier does not." I do not know why Montpelier does not. But, I can say that the women on the 4th of July committee believe that all children should be able to have fun not just the ones whose parents have money. The man was so happy his children could have fun.

So, that evening we did have fireworks. Usually the fireworks are the best in the area. The same company did them but it was new men who set them off. They did them too fast and too close together. The woman who organizes the 4th committee was going to speak to the company people today so next year the show will go longer like it has in the past. We like to enjoy each amazing burst of color.
The vet in town offered this year to give dogs who would be upset a physical so they could have a sedative to get through the noise of the fourth. Lucky for me the two dogs we have are not wigged out by loud sudden noises. We do live far enough away from other people so that when neighborhood fireworks are being set off we are not really bothered.

At the fourth we also had Civil War reenactors come and set up camp. They had tents and uniforms and guns and cannons. The men said the wool outfits were steamhy but when the wind blew it went through them so they were cooled. They said they liked coming to our 4th because people talked to them and didn't stand at a distance and stare. Every other year there is an historical fair and the historical societies from each town creates a display. This year the reenactors went and were disappointed that not many people spoke to them. Worcester sent 83 men to the Civil War. 18 were killed. One of the men said that when the army had to march a distance they put the Vermonters out front because they set a brisk pace for long distances so the army moved quicker.

Mrs Guinea is still setting patiently.

Our water system is better but not fixed. I have a call into the plumber to see about tightening the joints on the pipes but he had knee surgery to clean up his miniscus and he is not bending enough yet.

We have had several days of really hot weather. Until today we have had a breeze so the hot has been tolerable. Today the air was stagnant. We are not complaining however, we know what the alternative could be.

Baseball all stars starts this week with three practices. Then I think there is a weekend tournament and who knows I can't remember it all.

Glenda, Happy early birthday to you. It sounds like you will not be home for the celebration.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  7:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, your story is great! You just can't make that stuff up. Glad you didn't get stung by the bee.

Holly sounds like you have a wonderful community there. Your 4th of July celebration sounds wonderful.

I volunteered at the animal shelter today. Each time I go I learn how to do something new. Everyone is so helpful and appreciates the help. I'm amazed at how many dogs and cats they find homes for. They are also pretty picky about placement. They make sure each animal goes to a Good home.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  04:22:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kathy, that is toooo funny...absolutely priceless!

Oh, I have such a soft spot for neglected animals....I had about a dozen turtles one year and loved them!!! I have a lot of animals on my farm.

Beautiful morning here, gfs....I hope you are all happy, pain free, your burdens are lighter, and your homes are filled with joy!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  04:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Connie Sue. I am so glad you are joining us. Stay with us, jump in with anything you want to say. We are great listeners and the most caring ladies you will ever find.

Bunny, I can totally relate to what you are going through with your mother. I had my mom living with us for about 2 years while she had dementia. The advice about getting away to a park or the library for some quiet time alone is really good.
I have volunteered at a shelter before and it is a wonderful experience seeing the dogs get adopted. Thank God there are more no-kill shelters being established. Even in the big cities like Los Angeles, CA there is now a program to keep the animals alive until they can get adopted.
I am glad your experience is a good one.

Hey Janiee, Glad to see you posting. Your are missed when we don't see you here. We are always here for you no matter how bad things get at work or anywhere. :)

Thelma I am with you about the heat. I am hoping for rain almost everyday just to cool it down a little. One of these days I am going to go out while it is raining like crazy and do a little dance in it.

Kathy, that is so funny, I laughed until I had tears in my eyes. It reminds me of things my mother used to tell me happened with her. Be sure to keep that story written down. It will amuse you and your family for years just reading and thinking about it. I can just see all this taking place.

Marilyn how much kraut do you can? I know Patty canned a whole lot and even sent me some. It is so delicious.

Holly your 4th of July celebation sounds wonderful. I am happy to hear that you have a whole day of celebration and not just the fireworks. In the past I have seen so many fireworks displayed without any regard to what is being celebrated.

I had my eyes examined yesterday for the cataract surgery. I will have one eye done on July 19th and the other on August 8th. I had one test yesterday that was one I had never heard of before. I was tested to see how long my eyeball is. Seems it is needed to find the appropriate lens to put in. In the test, with my eyes deadened to pain, an instrument is pressed on my eye and water put in around the eyeball. Then calculations are made and the water just flows out onto a kleenex. Really weird and interesting. I am looking forward to the operation so I can see better.

No plans for this weekend. Just some gardening, sewing and maybe watching old movies.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  05:17:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome, I know I will fit right in and get to know and love all of you. Loved the 'talking in the garden' story - too funny!
We just got 4 laying hens from some friends that needed to get rid of their chickens. They are very well loved, and we are new to chickens, though my husband had them growing up, but that was a LONG time ago! So far we have had 3 eggs in 3 days, the previous owner tells us they all lay. So i guess they just aren't used to their new home yet. We have only had them 4 days. One of them lays green eggs, so I'm anxious to get the first one of those.
Very hot here in central Texas, so my garden is slowing down. But I did just join a CSA coop and will get my first box of organic veggies on Monday. I did manage to put up a few quarts of pickles from my cukes, tomatoes didn't do well this year. I'm already planning my fall garden, fall and winter gardens thrive in our climate.
We are looking in to getting a solar panel for our well, we have a really nice deep well, which has been great in these years of drought, but our pump is electric, so if power goes off - no water. They are pricey, so we keep looking.....

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  07:47:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, I am new to MaryJane and still getting use to the groups so bare with me. I little about myself. I live in northeast FL (Hi Nancy in Fernandia) It is me and my husband plus my 85 year old mom on 5 acers. She lives in the barn. (we build a barn with a very nice mother-in-law apartment) I have two grown boys, one is a firefighter in Lake City, FL the other just got stationed at Ft Rucker, AL he Capt. in the USArmy and Blackhawk pilot and the only one with grandchildern. One little girl 2 and one boy due Sept.1. I am so glad they are closer now. We raise our own beef and eggs, play with vegtable gardenning. I am just getting into dehydrating. I grid my own grains and do bread. Lets see what else. I use to work as an EMT for a privite ambulance comp. quite when my mom came to live with us. Hubby is a wildland fire fighter with the state of FL. And I am looking forward to getting to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  09:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy! I am new too - I live in central Texas. My husband is a retired banker 13 years older than me. I used to work as Director of Christian Education at a local church, I quit that job during the tough financial times. I lost 63 lbs with Weight Watchers, so I now am a WW leader (4 meetings a week) and I just restarted as a Pampered Chef consultant. My family always told me I was born in the wrong generation, I am a self taught crocheter, quilter, seamstress, good cook, gardener - you name it! We just started with chickens, and we live on 3 acres. Mostly wooded, but have lots of areas for raised garden beds. Wish we could have some small livestock, but only chickens are allowed. I love canning, preserving and entering things in the county fair. So I'm truly a 'farm girl' at heart!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  09:50:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to you both, Nancy and Connie Sue. You will love it here! Lots of different interests and active lives. Sounds like both of you are busy farmgirls and will fit right in.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile
WOW Connie Sue, You sound like one busy lady. congradulations on the wight loss with WW. that is something that I have been struggling with for years. A friend and I started a First Place 4 Health at our church this past spring. I didn't lose any weight the first time around but the Lord was working on some other areas of my life. I hope this next session it will click in. I love my raised bed garden. I have 7 4X12 beds right out side the back porch. Hubby has a traditional garden up behind the barn where we grow the bigger cropps like corn and peas.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Framgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  4:27:54 PM  Show Profile
I was overweight for many years, in fact when I reached goal weight and was playing with my granddaughter (then 2) my daughter said "Mom, I don't remember you playing with me like that!" I have more energy, and am in better health at 55 than I was at 30+. I also have embraced the green lifestyle (still working on some areas!) so when I found MJF I was hooked. My sister got me the magazine last Christmas, just finally joined. So glad I did. Nancy, I led a First Place group for several years, loved the study, didn't get real serious about the weight loss. But I love the program.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  5:34:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A very lovely day here in the Green MOuntains. Temperatures were in the eighties most of the day. This morning the air was not moving at all. By this afternoon we had a nice breeze going and into the evening. It rained while I was milking. Well, it rained on the south end of the house but it did not seem to be raining on the north end of the house.

Mrs Guinea is still sitting. I have been wondering if Mrs Guinea lays one egg a day for 18 days and then starts to set on them how do the eggs know when to hatch? If the gestation time is 28 days the first egg is 18 days older than the last egg. I am sure Mrs Guinea knows.

We went yard saleing this morning. Not anything very exciting. We are looking for a queen bed frame for our daughter. Three of the places we visited advertised as moving sales. There were not many items at any of the sales. Maybe everything went early.

In the afternoon I worked on the chicken house. I have the roof on and another side. I still need to put on the front which will have wire with windows in front to close. And the side I will put the laying boxes so I can lift a door and take out the eggs. If I have time tomoorow I hope to finish it.

The animal shelters around here seem to import animals from cities to place for adoption. The north country animal leagues seems to get new animals every three weeks or so. The next town over has a spay and neuter clinic in which you can get your cat spayed for $20 and $5 for each shot. I was hoping that the kitten population would decrease significantly so the shelters would not be so overwhelmed. The Central Vermont Humane Society is already advertising for foster homes for kittens. Why do some people not make the effort?

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  8:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy, I know you will like it here and fit right in with the rest of us.
Holly, you have been busy as usual.
It felt alot better outside today, we had rain during the night and it finally knocked the humidity down, so it was better out today. Still warm, but more bearable. We had grocery shopping to do and packing the camper. We are going camping tomorrow and won't be back until next Sunday. Looks like we will have 70s and sunny all week. That will be nice. Maybe I can go swimming. I don't like going if it is not warm out.
I picked one meal of beans this evening, feels good to see things growing so fast now.
I will be back next week, Will miss all of you. Stay well and cool,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page